I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan

Post by Type-4-Doragon on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Look, I know this guy has already been nerfed to an excessive amount, but I think he is still too strong. In one game, the player that was Asurmen died to a gank of three of us only after having killed two and seriously wounding the third player. And that was with stuns and disables, and two of our three gankers were veterans. His damage is so massive, and combined with his innate and Defend, he is too hard to bring down. Give him a little lifesteal and he's impossible.

Basically, I suggest changing his Shuriken Vambraces percentage to roughly around 4%/6%/8%/10%. That way his skill can still be tied to the 40k universe and yet not be so vastly over powered.

Always open to different ideas and suggestions.
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 pm

how late in the game was this? he has no real presence early game, and still dies easy to spells and ganks.

10% quite francly, is pathetic Razz just saying XD

however, i agree. his type of hero is pretty difficult to balance out, considering how non-present they are early game, and how much they own late game. im always open to suggestions on fixing this. but a numbers nerf on his skill wont fix him.

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Type-4-Doragon on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 pm

To be totally honest, I think I remember him actually being fed by a dler really early game, so that probably contributed some. He took maybe 2-3 kills then started wandering the map and assisting in outpost captures and ganks. By that time, me and the other veteran were like "We gotta stop this now" but it was pretty much too late.
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 pm

yeah, u gota wach him like that Razz gank often, and he'll be usless. him and kharne, lucius... and such heros Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 pm

I used him and well when I used him I was having really really bad lag issues. However...even having been ganked a number of times due to lag. I was still able to rip new ones with him. Almost always when I was double teamed I could usually take down one of them once it was past mid game. Fromundaman was there with me and he was the last person on my team not to leave until he finally had to leave to. I still managed to hold out for a good 10-15 minutes after that because the selling of his items put me back on par with the items the other players had...so even with lag I was silly taking down any of them that were alone no problem. I was also able to take down 2 out of 3 end game, and grievously wound the 3rd, as well once my items were up to par.
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile http://www.dashpunk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm

kk, hes powerful Razz so how do we fix that?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:07 pm

For one thing i'd say give him a slower progression for the crit on his ultimate if we have to stay with a crit idea on him. Like start it off at 1.5x and increase by .5 each time.
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:08 pm

cause 2.5x is only slightly better than most heros normal crits Razz and thats at max level

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Honestly, I find him fine, but maybe the people I played with didn't play him right.

Any hero can appear OPed if fed enough...
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 pm

that too

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 am

Well fromun do you think I was fed in that game where I was last one standing with you? Selling your items barely bought me gear on par with theirs. Didn't even have a full inventory and I was holdin out quite well.

Also normal hero crits? I don't see crits pop up unless a skill gives it to me. The majority of the heroes don't have crits. Can you imagine how much moaning there'd be about path finder if they had a crit skill lol.
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:11 am

kharn: 25% for a 2x crit (25% damage boost)
karandras: 20% for a 2.7 crit (34% damage boost)
current asurmen crit: 20% for a 4x crit (60% damage boost)
your proposed asurmen crit: 20% for a 2.5x crit... (30% damage boost)

i can bring the chance back down to 15%... its at 20 originally because hes a ranged hero that needs to get into melee to actually use his crit...
i might also lower his str to make him just that much more squishy

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Type-4-Doragon on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:24 am

that would work. it would make players much more cautious and less suicidally kill happy. so if he did get into a gank situation, the player would be much more likely to try and run than stay and fight.
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:26 am

starting str( 18 => 16)
str gain (1.7 => 1.6)

which btw gives him ~1100 hp at level 25 without stats

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:30 pm

i can bring the chance back down to 15%... its at 20 originally because hes a ranged hero that needs to get into melee to actually use his crit...
i might also lower his str to make him just that much more squishy

I think you're missing the point that this makes him a melee hero with a non-critting ranged attack. He also has a skill that brings him into melee range very very quickly and easily. It only being able to be used in melee doesn't hurt him. I don't see any other melee heroes with a 20% 4x crit on their normal attacks, at least out of the ones i've played. The fact that he can stand toe to toe with other melee heroes who are supposed to be going into melee on a regular basis, let alone multiple melee heroes and live as long as there isn't 3 or more on him by himself is almost ludicrous. He's not a ranged hero, he's a melee hero with a ranged attack by the way his skills are set up.

I'd say with a str nerf and knocking back his crit chance to 15% may make things a bit less over powered. I still say a 4x crit is extremely strong.
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:14 pm

thats cause its an ultimate Razz

he gets an overall 60% damage boost now with the current 20% and a 45% damage boost with the old 15% chance... ill move it back.

also, the fact that hes ranged base means he doesnt prefer melee range. so if a hero moves away even a bit, he loses his crit chance

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by T3chW01f on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Yeah it's an ultimate, but it's a passive ultimate. With no duration, no activation cost. Hopefully with a 15% and the lower str it'll be a bit more fair.

But as I was explaining his skills are either neutral when it comes to range/melee preference or melee oriented. Basically in my eyes making him a melee character with an extra ranged attack should they try to feel after he's engaged them melee and tore them apart with his crit. Where as most other melee characters have to hope they can get a lock on with their ranged skills if they even have them and hope that their skill isn't on cool down from using it in melee to boost their dps.
T3chW01f
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 am

T3chW01f wrote:Well fromun do you think I was fed in that game where I was last one standing with you? Selling your items barely bought me gear on par with theirs. Didn't even have a full inventory and I was holdin out quite well.

Also normal hero crits? I don't see crits pop up unless a skill gives it to me. The majority of the heroes don't have crits. Can you imagine how much moaning there'd be about path finder if they had a crit skill lol.

Sorry, been busy and didn't see this until now, and now I forget... *doh*
If it's the one I think it is though, I think I was the only one fed on our team.

I don't really know this hero well enough to debate this, but you do seem to make good points.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm

after thinking about it... hes getting 60% dmg boost with his ult, and then another 36% from his skill...

so im looking for a remake of the shuriken vambraces skill... preferbly an active one

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top