A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_vote_lcap63%undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_vote_lcap38%undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit Empty [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit

Post by Betrayer_kharn Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 am

Grass Edit((
Aun'va- Master Of The Undying spirit

story:
Aun'Va is the Tau High Ethereal, the Aun'o of the Tau Empire and Master of the Undying Spirit. He is said to be the oldest of Ethereals and it is easy to see his effect on the expansion of the Tau Empire. He sits upon the highest councils governing not just Septs but also the entire empire. Any advice he gives is always followed as his experience surpasses anything any other Tau has. Although he is the spiritual leader of the Tau, he has also served on the very front lines in the early expansionist phase of the Tau Empire. His presence at the Si'coa system allowed the Fire Warriors to destroy the Reek and upon the flanks of Mount Scion he described the fate of the Ork Waaagh! Grognik, which the Tau swiftly followed, utterly destroying the Orks.

stats:
strength: 16 + 1.5
agility: 18 + 2.2
intelligence: 25 + 2.9

range: melee
movespeed: 310

innate: Supremly Inspiring Presence
Ethereals are the lynch pin of the Tau Empire, and should they be lost, it will inevitably fall into chaos again. While alive, all units that can see the Etheral gain 1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 regen and 10/15/20/25/30/35% ias. Should the Etheral die however, all units that are able to see his death will become disheartened, and fly into a rage against his killer, losing 3/3.5/4/4.5/5/5.5 armor and 50/55/60/65/70/75% damage for 5 seconds, but also gaining 25/30/35/40/45/50% ias, 12/14/16/18/20/22% movespeed, and 10/12/14/16/18/20% damage for 10 seconds.

one: Honor Guard
Etherials are always acompanied by their honor guard of Tau Fire Warriors who are willing to lay down their lives for the Etheral that they protect. Summons an honor guard. Max of 2/3/4/5 honor guard. Honor Guard have 200/235/270/305 hp, 400/450/500/550 range, 0/1/2/3 armor, and 10-15 + 0/3/6/9 damage.

two: Skyray Assault
The Etheral calls in the Skyray Missle Ships in reserve to bombard the target area. 10/15/20/25 missiles are fired in a 450 aoe, each doing 10/12/14/16 damage and stunning for .10/.15/.20/.25 seconds per missile that hits a unit.

three: Pacify
An Ethereal's slow, but deliberate words have the power to instill a sense of calm understanding upon all who hear them, inspiring peace for the Greater Good. The target becomes allied with the Ethereal's team; However, the ethereal's team does not become allied to the target.

ult: Paradox of Duality
Ancient and mysterios staff carried by Aun'va, said to have immense hidden power. Aun'va was said to be in two places at once to originally oversee peace offerings. Summons a perfect replica of Aun'va when used. This replica deals 100% damage, takes 100% damage, can have its own items. If used when the copy is already summoned, it will unsumon the copy.
level 1: copy has Supremly Inspiring Presence
level 2: copy has Pacify
level 3: copy has (honorguard/skyray assault)

))Grass Edit

Kharn's original suggestion:
Spoiler:

Fromundaman's suggestion:
Spoiler:
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit Empty Re: [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:30 pm

make utter devotion work on nearby allied units and not just his guard...

i might mess around with the hero a bit more... skyray, innate, and ult are good... but make his ult have both effects, (they are saddened by his loss, but then fight harder)

paradox of duality seems off somehow...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

undying - [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit Empty Re: [HERO] Aun'va- Master Of The Undying Spirit

Post by Betrayer_kharn Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 am

well in TT paradox gives a 4+ cover save whic h can be re-rolled if failed (evasion) and and incrased toughness (absorbtion)
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:19 pm

well, he might need minor tweeks, but hes good.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

thts why i post em lol =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:38 am

I personally think we should combine our Aun'va ideas Razz
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm

haha sure why not and liek i said always feel free to tweak but again on the ult the reason its either or is cause like i said they make a morale check and obv if u fail that u run away and cant regroup untill next turn so maybe i could change it to a chance to be feared for x seconds but after the fear if they survived they get a bonus? idk its hard to translate it to wc3 from tt rules haha thts why like i said if u can find another ult go for it Razz
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:46 pm

kharn, i die a little inside everytime i have to read one of those Razz

and even if their fail the morale check, they still get prefred enemy right?
so just debuff them, then buff them after Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:09 pm

well maybe my goal is to slowly kill you piece by piece? ever think of that hahahahahahahaha Razz anyways we could try to remodel its when he dies every tau unit takes a morale check and everyone who takes the check gains preferred enemy and furious charge soo maybe:

i could siwtch skyray with ultimate price cause itd prolly make a boring ult so like
failure: every unit in a 1200/1300/1400/1500 will lose 15/20/25/30% as and 10/13/16/20 damage for 11/10/9/8 secs then for 8/9/10/11 secs after they willl gain 10/15/20/25% as/ms 10/13/16/20 damage and 1/2/3/4 armor

skyray (ult): skyrays launch 15/30/45 missiles in a 550/500/450 aoe each doing 11/12/13 damage on hit and cause a short concussive stun of .11/.12/.13 secs and are disoriented for 6/7/8 secs after slwoing ms by 30/45/60 (units) or maybe 10/15/20%

idk then ult is more active tweak it if you want haha Smile
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:19 pm

I have a good idea as to illustrate the skyray skill. Simply have a bunch of mortar team protectiles hit the target area, as that would be much like the long range strike from a skyray.

Also, how big is the AoE on each missile? If you're hit with it, are you assumed to be permastunned or what?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 pm

no u get a .13 sec stun per missile tht hits you their aoe is not tht large just larg enough to register dmg on whtever it hits id imagine even smaller then melee range
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm

ok, i can see that working.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:38 am

Okay, I tried to mix yours and my hero, and here is the build I got:

Int hero, melee range. He has no attack animation (there is still down time between attacks, just no animation, since the codex says that while they are seen on the battlefield, it is hard to say if they are observing or participating. This would have been even better if he were ranged, but alas, his weapons are melee...)

Innate: Supremely Inspiring Presence:
[Effect] All units within X range of Aun'va are empowered by his words/presence. They gain 3/6/9/12/15% movement speed and IAS. However, should Aun'va fall, all units shall feel the ultimate price of failure, and morn his loss while attempting to avenge him. This would be a global 2-5 second debuff that makes all allies lose 5 armor and go into an uncontrollable rage and auto-attack the nearest unit (you cannot stop the auto-attack during the duration. This represents the Furious Charge effect by the way, which since I can't find it's explanation in the codex, I shall hope and assume works like this.). Also, all units within 200-500 of where Aun'va fell will auto-attack whoever/whatever struck him down in an attempt to avenge him. These units would gain 5/10/15/20/25% IAS and 10/15/20/25/30 bonus damage.

Skill 1: Honor Guard:
[Effect] Summons one Fire Warrior, for a max of two, to accompany Aun'va. Honor Guard units do not count as separate units and will follow Aun'va, attacking anyone who attacks him and/or whoever is closest to him. They are also willing to lay down their lives for Aun'va, taking 20/30/40/50% of the damage directed at him.
They have the following stats: 100/200/300/400 HP, 20-30/30-40/40-50/50-60 damage, and 2/3/4/5 armor.
50 second cooldown?

Skill 2: Skyray Bombardment:
[Description] I am shamelessly stealing this from Kharne.
[Effect] Aun'va commands the skyray to launch its missles. It fires 10/15/20/25 missiles in a 450 aoe, each doing 10/12/14/16 damage and getting a brief concussive stun of .10/.15/.20/.25 seconds per missile that hits.

Skill 3: Mediate/Pacify
[Description] An Ethereal's slow, but deliberate words have the power to instill a sense of calm understanding upon all who hear them, inspiring peace for the Greater Good.
[Effect] The target suddenly becomes allied to you for 4/6/8/10 seconds. This is a one way alliance, in that he does not switch sides, but suddenly every non-creep unit on the map becomes an ally. Opposing team still sees him as an enemy.

Ultimate: Paradox of Duality:
[Effect] Aun'va unleashes the power of his staff to create a copy of himself to distract the opponents and draw away enemy fire.
An illusion with a passive taunt aura that activates every 1-2 sec spawns from Aun'va. Has a 1 dmg attack and takes 50-100% of the damage dealt (as opposed to the 300% most illusions take), but otherwise is similar to the hero stat-wise and appearance-wise.
*Lv 1: Runs in a line from the Aun'va to the target location. Will not stop upon reaching location. Duration: 10 s
*Lv 2: Runs to target location, then runs in circles around it. Duration: 15-20 s
*Lv 3: Runs from Aun'va to target location, but is under player control. Duration: 20-30 s

Now the most questionable one I see coming would be the ulti. However, this weapon is one of limitless power, but that power is never openly stated, giving us creative license. All we know is it makes him harder to kill (which this one does), and it's called Paradox of Duality (Which begs for illusions. Relic must have thought so too when they gave him the Hologram ability in DoW.), and finally, the codex, during the history part, talks about the first 2 Ethereals being completely identical and appearing in opposing armies' camps at the same time to bring about peace (hence the 3rd skill). This could mean it was one being cloned, but I don't know. I'm just guessing on that one.

Essentially though, most of our skills are similar. I just condensed them to make room for more.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:51 am

haha well let's see
innate: furious charge= when you charge a unit in the TT u get +1 str and +1 initiative so not quite a rage where u atk closest enemy but tht can be worked out

honor guard: seems fine its just my innate put into a skill haha

skyray: fine with me as well lol

pacify: interesting idea but id like to try to think of another skill doesnt have to be my old one just cause i dont really see me using my time to make 1 enemy creep mine for 10 secs just like with lord gaze of flame isnt used tht frequently haha

duality: again interesting idea but just to let you know (idk if u do know already) paradox gives +2 toughness and a 4+ cover save which can be rerolled and idk if ur familar with TT game mechanics but
toughness= more you have less chance of getting wounded you have
coversave= is a save that is always available even if somehting eliminates ur save and u have no invul or something allows no invul u always get a cover save its essentiallys the best armor save in the game haha (unless of course a weapon specifically elements cover saves eg flamers)
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 am

Yeah. I actually hadn't seen yours when I started making mine. Had the innate, skill 1, and ulti. Grass directs me here and there I am seeing we pretty much had the same ideas.

As for Pacify, I disagree. This could be useful in saving yourself/allies, and it also makes an enemy not get exp for what gets killed during that duration (and unable to assist his allies to a certain extent). Also, 10 sec is a bit short to go creep hunting, and if used at the right moment, that shouldn't really be an option.

Also, for Gaze of Flames, I highly disagree. I used to think the same, but now, I truly see it's usefulness. Running hero: Gaze of Flame. Chasing hero: Gaze of Flames. Blinded hero: Gaze of Flames (they don't even know they stopped moving in this case!). Hero Focus Firing you or an ally: Gaze of Flames. Hell, I managed to get a hero coming at me creep blocked because Gaze of Flames made him auto attack a creep and they closed around him as he did.

Duality: Well, it isn't exactly the same effects, but it's supposed to protect him to make him live longer, so I tried to get something that did that, but at the same time, wanted something unique that made use of the staff's unspecified powers. I mean, we can change it, but I'd rather it not be just an evade/dmg reduc, for even if that is more faithful to the TT, it's also kind of boring and doesn't really fit the character.

Still, this is why these forums are here. Let's try to find some alternative ideas if you don't like those.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 pm

ok, so i can see that working, but im not entirely seeing the ult...
(my thoughts: would be to make it summon a perminent actual replica of the hero, that can cast spells, 100% dmg etc, (not an illusion, an another hero, like meepo if u play dota) that gets copies of his items etc, at level 1, he would get inspiring presence, level 2 he would get pacify, level 3 he would get either honor guard or skyray... im leaning towards honor guard. so basically it adds some more mobility/accesability to him, allowing him to pacify multiple people, wider aura ranges, larger numbers of honor guard etc. as well as making him *kinda* twice as durable, and doubling his damage output. the summon could be 'put away' when not needed, and resummoned when it is needed.

i would advise removing the global forced autoattack on his innate, its *too* punishing if he dies. keep the -armor, maby add some -dmg. and as in TT its all tau units with vision to him, make it all units in a specific range (1000-2000 range) get the debuff, then are buffed with +ias% and +ms% for a duration.

honor guard is good, make it a single summon at a time, like u do now, and i think u didnt intend to have a duration, so thats good. but increase the max, and buff the starting hp, cause 100 is shit... Razz 1/3 of a ranged creep's hp. possibly add some abilities at higher levels (mini-stun = pinning, or slow = pinning. -armor, -ias%, some sort of effect)

passify is good, i would ally the creeps too. so hes useless apart from damage-anyone spells. but then decrease the duration.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Hmmm... that could work. Might be better too for this hero actually.

All right.

Well, the reason I gave them no abilities was because I didn't plan on having them be controllable. Just have them travel with Aun'va as one unit (think Libby's familiar) but while being actual separate units in every other respect.

Yeah, I was thinking creeps too. Now that I look at it, duration is too high though, as you say. 10 sec seems so short on paper and so long in game...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 pm

i meant passive abilities Razz they're still uncontroallable, but still have abilities
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 pm

guess it depends on gameplay style really but i jsut would prefer maybe a buff or even a nuke then a 10 sec "mind control" just i think those 2 things are alot more useful

as for gaze if u paly AoS's frequently only time gaze would work if ur running/chasin is if they only right clicked once and jsut watched him run a majority of the time ur almost spamming right click to keep them moving so issuing a stop command gets almost instantaneously over rided by another right-click or move command i have heard prolly close to 5x more complaints about gaze then praises the only useful situation is his ult which isnt tht frequent compared to other abilities (again depends on how u play aos's and ur aos experience)

yeah we can do more then an evade/dmg reduction but it only makes a copy of him and if u have your honor guard out pretty easy to determine a guy with 2 units by his side and a single unit but i jsut see a tremendous untold power as more then look i made a copy of myself lol XD. and yeah i was jsut lettign ya know what happened in the TT haha so we can devise a more true to the TT feel.

also like i said its very much playstyle for like me although aun'va is an ehteral and a strategist i kinda wanna make him as active/offensive as i can like providing lots of buffs or debuffs or even doing good damage so lets start brainstorming together and working towards that if you want.

again not saying only my abilities work and more then willing to completely redoing them so lets work together haha and although its helpful us 2 shooting ideas at each other wouldnt mind other people joining in haha *HINT* *HINT* *WINK* *WINK*

@grass i pretty much like all ur ideas lmao again id prefer somehting other then an illusion just cause of my play style but u both seem to want you so why not haha and for the honor guard maybe 8/10/12/15% to slow for 14/16/18/20% (theyd each have 15% to slow so its almost 1/3 to slow at max lvl if u think thts to much then lower it) as for stun dont really think you should do tht since skyray has a stun and since we r giving them slow we can take the slow out of skyray as for pacify again not my playstyle but u 2 liek it so sure haha
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:28 pm

well, the ult adds *so* much more space for him to *do* his crazy buffs/offense (think about it, u get double auras, double mind controlls (ill adress this later), and double honorguard/skyrays)

on pacify, taking any one hero out of the enemies team... is *huge* i'd take that over pretty much anything anyday... you might not agree, but thats a diff of taste Razz

you built him for more dps offense, but fromundaman is just adding a bit more supportive offense

oh and btw, gaze of flame pauses units now gogo aoe ministun
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm

haha and i alrdy said tht lmao its all bout paly style and i jstu play differently :-P but i alrdy yall 2 liek those so go for em haha =] 2/3 is indeed a majority lmao =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:12 pm

so do you mind if i edit your first post with changes?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Ah, misunderstood the effects then. I agree with Kharne that giving them a slow would be better than a stun.

Also, would this illusion provide honor guard illusions? (Even if they don't actually do anything. Just to make it harder to differentiate them.)

Also, would they both have the 'Price of Failure' effect if they die?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:50 pm

haha idc grass we are all working collectively on this hero his skillset in the beg should be changed according to the changes we make

and forum i think he intends on having the honor guard illusions doing some damage i dont htink 100% but they will do some dmg i beleive also seeing as how in the end it is an illusion i beleive ur forces would know its an illsuion so i dont htink it should have pirce of failure
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:53 pm

i think u misunderstood my proposed ult. i meant that it would be an actual other hero almost. it woudlnt be an ilusion, it would be another unit. and yes they would both get price of failure
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next