I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Some Ideas, maybe more to come

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some Ideas, maybe more to come

Post by DeusMechanicus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 am

It's 5 A.M. and I'm just throwing out ideas. Take it or leave it. And it's way too late to be doing math, so casting costs, ranges, et cetera involving numbers are missing.

Pariah
Concept: Slow melee hero, but with a devastating attack and anti-caster ability

- Blacksoul, innate
The Necron Pariah have no presence in the Warp. Free of the corrupting energies, their metal bodies project an aura capable of blotting out psychic emanations while generating rampant terror in all who draw near to them.
(50/50 Spell Shield, mana drain and -ATK to all surrounding units [friendly included, except other Necron units])

- We'll Be Back, innate
(Pretty sure your Necron Lord already has this ability, regeneration and a chance to reconstruct after dying. Standard Necron stuff)

- Will of the C'tan, cast
The metallic Necron are slaves to the C'tan. One of them being the Void-Dragon, the master of machines, who resides in the heart of the Mars Noctis Labyrinth, and the deity of the Imperium's own Mechanicum. Channeling this dark being's energies from across the galaxy, the Pariah assumes control of the armour-soul of an enemy.
(Immobilize, -ARMOR)

- Warscythe, innate
This weapon alone is feared across the galaxy, but in the hands of a Pariah it becomes the stuff of nightmares. Capable of slicing through metal as if it were air, it has been the bane of countless foes over the millenia.
(Big +ATK)

And where's the love for the IG?

General Lukas Alexander
Concept: Kind of a combination of the Grot Herder and Chapter Master, I suppose. I just miss the IG

- Optical Implant, innate
Lukas lost his left eye in battle against an Ork Waaagh! years earlier. The Mechanicum provided him with a new, and in their words 'improved', replacement.
(True Sight)

- The Liberators, cast
The 1st Kronus Regiment, The Liberators, is Lukas' personal, elite fighting force.
(Summon some IG)

- Techpriests, cast
The Techpriests of Mars serve the Imperium dutifully ... for now. Lukas has a near unlimited supply of these half-man, half-machine servants of the Mechanicum from a nearby Forgeworld.
(Summon Techpriest, maybe capable of building a turret or quick-repairing a base?)

- Loyalty Over Life, activate
Lukas was granted the title of Governor-Militant by the Segmentum Command for his unquestionable loyalty to the Imperium. This same loyalty is felt for him by his subjects, who would gladly lay down their lives for him.
(Transfer damage from Lukas to summoned IG units)

- Hatred of the Astartes, innate
Heretics! Mutants in service of the Imperium! Lukas feels the Astartes can no more be trusted than the xenos, and that they're nearly as deserving of his hate. The IG are the true shield of the Imperium, and they're ready to prove it.
(+ATK/ARMOR to himself and summoned IG units, Receives no buffs from Space Marine-hero spells)
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some Ideas, maybe more to come

Post by DarkWanderer on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:36 am

First, let me welcome you to the forums. We always appreciate anyone who is willing to come and share their ideas with us.

I like your hero concepts overall, but I've got some suggestions. All the non-vanilla abilities look great so far but the others just seem too generic.

I don't have time to go more into this now; so, I'll reply again after I get home from work.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:29 pm

pariahs dont actually have wbb Razz as there only half necron

his missing a 5th skill... i like the idea of eithe warscythe or souless as the innate
soulless should affect allies, but i like the effects
warscythe should somehow ignore armor... but i dont know how to do that properly XD so perhaps it could reduce it? while adding a lot of +dmg

ig:
truesight is *way* too powerful as a basic passive skill
unless the range is like 200-300, thatsa bit more reasonable, but then it should have some sort of other effect... unobscured vision? like 50/55/60/65/70/75% unobscured vision (thats 900/1000/1100/1200/1300/1400 vision over trees and stuff)
he would be a very unexciting hero Razz 2 summons, and 3 passives

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Hmmm... I can't help but feel a blatant rip off of DoW's only Pariah skill would be good: (making it auto-cast instead of passive though)

-every hit scored with the warscythe saps the strength of an enemy, reducing their attack by % per hit, for a max of %.

I just like that as a skill idea.

Soulless/BlackSoul is an awesome skill idea though.

IG:

Make the truesight an active skill that does that and increase sight range? I'll admit I'm partial, because you're suggesting taking my Spy Mask ability and also tacking it on to this guy, with true sight to boot Razz

I do agree though, we need to make some of his summons or passives become active.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Most of those "Innate" I meant as "Passive".. Side effect of posting in the morning
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:34 pm

he would be a very unexciting hero Razz 2 summons, and 3 passives

Hopper pretty much summed up what I thought with the above statement. You've got 3 passives on the Pariah and 2 semi passives and 1 passive on Lukas.

We've been trying to keep the passives on heroes to a minimum of 2 but preferably 1-1.5 (semi passives, such as summon and toggles, count as .5).

Both heroes have potential but you're going to have to rework a lot of their abilities to be less vanilla and non-passive. As they are now, they would both be incredibly boring to play.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:47 pm

The reason the Pariah has all but one passive is the Necrons had 1 Caster in their entire army- (not including the Night Bringer, Deceiver, Void-Dragon, and Outsider), and that was the Lord. Being an enemy of the Warp has that effect. And I couldn't really think of any active abilities for it. Kharn's only activated is the Charge, isn't it? He's pretty fun to play every now and then. I'll look at IG and try to make it better. Thanks for the replies.
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:02 pm

for the record, kharn has charge, his innate, and a toggle skill... that still leaves 2.5 passives, but thats pretty much the limit or the hero gets boring (which kharn already kinda is)

summons are cast and forget, and self buffs are also cast and forget, which i dont entirely count as active skills

like wanderer said, they both have potential, just make the skills a bit more exciting

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:02 pm

I personally find Kharne really boring (And Khaine... but that's half because of his passives and half that he's currently an character so OPed that when I finally played him today due to random, I pretty much steamrolled through the game with Telepath even though I was playing incredibly suicidally. Thank god he's getting changed...).

Meh, depends on the summons IMO. I find Chapter Master's summons fun, since their abilities are very strategic.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:23 pm

and cause they have abilities at all Razz generic summons area usually quite boring (read: runtherd)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:02 am

Just a thought, that inspired me from the other two hero suggestions I went through concerning summons. Perhaps the Pariah should have the warscythe as a passive ult? I've never come across a passive offensive ult before.

Maybe he should have a summon... Perhaps a deepstrike Flayed One Champion, or two Wraiths, one phased and the other not phased, and the ability to change to phased and vice versa. But when one phases the other wraith is not phased. This could be unconditional.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 am

( Moot Point )

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 am

So ummm... about that Flayed One... *cough* http://40kaos.forumotion.com/complete-to-be-implemented-f18/hero-necrons-flayed-one-t135-30.htm#1547 *cough*

(Also, I believe Asurman has a passive offensive ulti, and Warphead does.)

Last edited by Fromundaman on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:25 am

Totally didn't see that. My bad.
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:28 am

Haha, no worries. Take a look at it and see if you like it. Some of the themes are similar to what you put down actually.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:10 am

Not going to lie, I really dislike your ultimate, for the same reason Grass has changed one of my skills in the past: By taking hero units and making non-hero versions, you make the hero ones seem less important.

Also, I think you should take the summoning part of "Bring the Rain" out. Also, a suggested Commissar build already has this skill as an ulti. One of the two would need to change.

Finally, is his innate active or passive?
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 pm

I didn't really think of that. Oh well, shelved for now. I've got alot of ideas, just want to get them all down as I think of them. Can go back later and make them workable.

This one kind of has a mix of ranged and melee abilities. But, I think he should be ranged. Like Feugan is ranged but his spells only get the job done in melee.

Hyroniemus, Deathwatch Veteran (formerly of the Blood Angels Chapter)

Skill 1: Deep Strike [Innate - Optional]
Space Marines are frequently deployed from strike cruisers and battle barges. This enables them to keep reserves on-ship and bring them into action by Thunderhawk gunship, teleportation or by drop pod.
(Spawns a Homing Beacon upon Hyroniemus' death. Invulnerable, invisible. Has 'Return to HQ' ability. Map-wide 'Blink', 10 min cooldown. Hyroniemus will respawn on the beacon instead of HQ.)

Skill 2: Hellfire Round [Cast]
The special heavy bolter Hyroniemus carries is capable of firing the Hellfire round, a ceramic sheath that shatters into thousands of needle-like shards on contact, penetrating the hide of the target and carrying mutagenic acid into the enemy's blood stream. The acid is so powerful that even the most enormous creature is vulnerable.
(Ranged attack. Deals dmg + X Poison damage for X time afterwards. DMG / Time increase with each level.)

Skill 3: Melta-Bomb [Cast]
Designed primarily to burn through the armor of enemy vehicles, but are just as effective when used against fleshier targets.
(Very short range. Barely outside melee. Melta-Bombs are usually required to be strapped to a target, but may be thrown. Explodes dealing minor AOE damage. Larger damage and armor reduction to targetted unit for X amount of time. Levels increase damage and armor reduction, but not AOE.)

Skill 4: Familiar [Summon]
(Summons a Servo-Skull attuned to Hyroniemus' mental signature. Boosts his INT and LoS. Non-controllable. Medium ranged attack. Auto-attacks enemies within range.)

Skill 5: Storm of the Emperor's Wrath [Ultimate - Cast]
Lethal bolts of lightning leap from Hyroniemus' gauntlents, tearing his enemies apart and incinerating even heavily armored targets in a barrage of psychic power.
(I was thinking like Chain Lightning. Side effect is Hyroniemus is stunned/slow himself for X seconds afterwards (the slow lasting longer than the stun, obviously), due to the energy required to unleash and control such a barrage.)

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 am; edited 11 times in total
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:08 pm

@general:
i agree with fromundaman on the ult, theres alerady a commisar hero suggestion, and theres already a psyker hero... and there would prolly be a priest hero evetually XD

make the first company summon, not summon regular guardsment, cause if the commisar gets in (it prolly will) hes got generic guardsment for a summon. make them have some sort of special abilities, and not summoned in large numbers (like 1/2/2/3 or something) im thinking like, critical strikes, bashes, slow arrows, armor reductions... just ideas

hmm, as much as a bombardment fits on the general, i dont know if it fits...

also, i have an issue with the truesight in this skillset. offensive support heroes dont really need a true sight...

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:16 pm

@deathwatch:
i was wondering what familar was doing in there XD till i realised hes a nuker...

my opinion on on-death effects... their bad... if they only have an effect when the hero dies... cause encouraging death is *never* good XD
whats die-hard do in TT?

and i really like the idea of deepstrike.
my suggestion: when he dies, a 'marker' spawns on his corpse(it can move, and has a 'return to base' ability, and a long (10 min ish) cooldown global blink. its invis, and cant die) and when he respawns, he will repsawn at the marker. starting mana/marker ms/ and global blink cd improves per level.

other than the fact that hes only nukes, hes good...
perhaps change hellfire into a slow+dot added on to a regular single attack (maby make it crit too for that one hit)

melta bomb is close ranged right?

and basically the ult is my only real problem

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:29 pm

I changed the Ultimate. I kind of like this one more anyway.

I don't really remember what it does, but I'm pretty sure its in the General Specials in the rulebook.

About the Hellfire, there are other options for Deathwatch ammo. If you want me to change the effect, I can also change the name to match. Metal Storm, Inferno, or Kraken are other options. Metal Storm = Shrapnel bullet. Inferno = Massive molten damage. Kraken = Armor piercing.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:33 pm

why is a deathwatch veteran getting librairan skills? Razz and fury of the ancients is already used by the current librarian... and its the same skill XD just diff effects.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Codicier is one of the ranks of the Astartes psykers. The second or third, I think. And I took that out of the Space Marines codex. I can change the name I suppose.

It was just a last minute change, thus the reason I gave him a 'Familiar'. A Librarian-specific ability. And I meant "Veteran" more as he's been around for awhile, not like in the TT.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:38 pm

oh, i didnt know he was a libby... well then XD vortex of doom perhaps? Razz

cause fury of the ancients is already in the map

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Hmmm.. Vortex of Doom would require a drawback, 'cause one wrong move during it and the casting Librarian gets sucked into the Warp.

Storm of the Emperor's Wrath, perhaps? Or I could make him a "Veteran" in the TT sense of the word.. I have some ideas for other abilities.
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 pm

oh wow, i missed to codicier in his title XD whoops

or something Razz well, hes full of nukes, so he should have a drawback Razz maby have it damage enemies and the libby in range of the spell? or do whatever effect... cause meltabomb is melee... so uve gota plan some things

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum