A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Some Ideas, maybe more to come

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Ideas, maybe more to come

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Hmmm.. I believe that's a drawback. Editted the post. Took away his Librarian abilities.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Some Ideas, maybe more to come - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Ideas, maybe more to come

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:41 pm

I have to say, not sure what it looked like before due to the many edits, but I like what I see now.

One thing though, for that ulti, make the auto-attack do more damage or something I think.

Also, if you have different effect ideas for the hellfire round, I suggest you use those, since the one you suggested sounds like it would be more fitting for the Haemonculous (or however you spell that.).

I really like the Deep-strike too.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll look into the codex sometime this week and try to help with the 4th skill.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 pm

the ult, however much i do like it, doesnt fit with the rest of his theme. itll either completly go against his theme, becoming useless, or itll make him too much of a nuker-then-dps hero, making him way too powerful
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:21 pm

Looking back, I sort of agree that Black Rage wouldn't fit well with him. Maybe I'll make a Blood Angel Death Company marine later.

I'm considering "Righteous Zeal", a Black Templar Special Ability.

Righteous Zeal: "While most Space Marines under heavy fire or facing insurmountable odds in close combat will retreat, ready to counter-attack, the Black Templars will often hurl themselves at the enemy with even greater determination and fervent anger, their own casualties only serving to spur them on faster, hungry for vengeance on the slayers of their brethren."

or...

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!: "As our bodies are armoured with adamantium, our souls are protected with loyalty. As our bolters are charged with death for the Emperor's enemies, our thoughts are charged with wisdom. As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Space Marines? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?"
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 pm

still doesnt fit with his nuker playstyle. i was liking the old skills XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:37 am

@Grass: The Familiar and Librarian Ultimate?

@Fromun: Hellfire is a special round used by the Ordo Xenos Deathwatch Killteams... It does exactly what I have as the ability. I could change it though. They have other specialized ammo.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 am

Reposted so you don't have to go back to 2nd page and scroll to find it. Normally I don't think Librarians would really use a heavy bolter, more often use a Force Weapon of some kind. But he really doesn't use any psyker powers, except the "Storm of the Emperor's Wrath", and it doesn't require a Force Weapon to focus the energy. Then again, something about that just doesn't feel right.. I might have to re-remove his Librarian skills.

Codicier Hyroniemus, Deathwatch Veteran

Skill 1: Deep Strike [Innate - Activated]
Space Marines are frequently deployed from strike cruisers and battle barges. This enables them to keep reserves on-ship and bring them into action by Thunderhawk gunship, teleportation or, in this case, by drop pod.
(Spawns a Homing Beacon upon Hyroniemus' death. Invulnerable, invisible. Has 'Return to HQ' ability. Map-wide 'Blink', 10 min cooldown. Hyroniemus will respawn on the beacon instead of HQ. I think his other abilities should be disabled for afew seconds after respawning so he doesn't land in the middle of a fight and use his Ultimate on some unlucky fool. Atleast give them a chance to run.)

Skill 2: Suppressive Fire [Channel]
The special heavy bolter Hyroniemus carries is equiped with a suspensor unit common amongst the Deathwatch Kill Teams. Normally the heavy bolter requires even a Space Marine to remain stationary while firing, but with a suspensor unit it is possible to lay down suppressive fire while advancing.
(Ranged attacks. Deals low-med dmg (primary function is to immobilize) but drastically reduces targetted enemy's movement / attack speeds (hard to fight when shells are whizzing literally all around you). Medium range. Hyroniemus can move while channeling, but cannot use his regular attack or other abilities without breaking the link.)

Skill 3: Melta-Bomb [Cast]
Designed primarily to burn through the armor of enemy vehicles, but are just as effective when used against fleshier targets.
(Very short range. Barely outside melee. Melta-Bombs are usually required to be strapped to a target, but may be thrown. Explodes dealing minor AOE damage. Larger damage and armor reduction to targetted unit for X amount of time. Levels increase damage and armor reduction, but not AOE.)

Skill 4: Familiar [Summon]
(Summons a Servo-Skull attuned to Hyroniemus' mental signature. Boosts his INT and LoS. Non-controllable. Medium ranged attack. Auto-attacks enemies within range.)

Skill 5: Vortex of Doom [Ultimate - Cast]
Opening a tear between the material realm and the howling destruction of the Warp, the Librarian's enemies are destroyed by the twisting energies unleashed. But such power comes at a price, and to lose control of it, even for a moment, is to invite terrible consequence.
(AoE around Hyroniemus. "Perils of the Warp", X % to suffer the same effects as enemies caught in the Vortex. Pulls all enemies caught in AoE towards Hyroniemus. Creeps that reach Hyroniemus are instantly killed, heroes that reach Hyroniemus suffer Mana Burn for X % of their max mana for the duration of the Vortex spell. Tainted by contact with the Immaterium, enemy heroes are Slowed for X seconds after end of Vortex.)

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 am

DeusMechanicus wrote:@Grass: The Familiar and Librarian Ultimate?

@Fromun: Hellfire is a special round used by the Ordo Xenos Deathwatch Killteams... It does exactly what I have as the ability. I could change it though. They have other specialized ammo.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good skill, and works well with the hero. The thing is, if you use it for him, then we can't use it for Haemonculous, who is all about poison weapons.

That being said, I REALLY like the build you just posted. Personally, I prefer Vortex of Doom as an ulti. Then again though, if you give me a risk vs reward skill, that's the one I'm most likely to prefer Laughing
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 am

I took it out and replaced it with "Suppressive Fire"
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 am

Yup, I saw, and I like it. Thanks!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 pm

well, im liking him now. and yeah i like vortex of doom more. however, 100% of anything is *way* to much. lower the %'s of manaburn a bit more (or theoretically, make the libby suffer the effects the enemies do isntead od the perils chance, because technically the vortex is ontop of him Razz) or isntead of an instant huge burn, make it burn like 100% over 2-3 seconds.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:25 pm

and i like the concept, and nto entirely sure how much i like the way the skillset works together. for a supportive unit, hes much more of a nuker Razz

and id advise atonal aguish to drain hp from enemies, not allies, or possibly everyone
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Editted it. Changed "Perils" to just say he has a chance to suffer the same effects as the enemies.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 pm

kk awesome Very Happy and do u mind posint individual threads for each of your suggested heroes in here? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Quick question about the Warsinger:

Does this mean he could theoretically always have his ult active?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Yes. I realise it seems extreme, but if the enemy is too stupid to attack him and disrupt it - then they deserve it.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 pm

oh, so it disables when he's attacked? oh thats a bit better XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:09 pm

split the actual hero sugestions from this post, and im moving this to the general suggestion froum
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Gotcha, didn't realize it disrupted on attack.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2