I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Hero] Aun'va: Master of the Undying Spirit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Hero] Aun'va: Master of the Undying Spirit

Post by Fromundaman on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 pm

And here we have an Ethreal hero. I don't have him completely done, but here's what I have so far:

Int hero, melee range. He has no attack animation (there is still down time between attacks, just no animation, since the codex says that while they are seen on the battlefield, it is hard to say if they are observing or participating. This would have been even better if he were ranged, but alas, his weapons are melee...)

Innate: Supremely Inspiring Presence:
[Effect] All units within X range of Aun'va are empowered by his words/presence. They gain 3/6/9/12/15% movement speed and IAS. However, should Aun'va fall, all units shall feel the ultimate price of failure, and morn his loss while attempting to avenge him. This would be a global 2-5 second debuff that makes all allies lose 5 armor and go into an uncontrollable rage and auto-attack the nearest unit (you cannot stop the auto-attack during the duration. This represents the Furious Charge effect by the way, which since I can't find it's explanation in the codex, I shall hope and assume works like this.). Also, all units within 200-500 of where Aun'va fell will auto-attack whoever/whatever struck him down in an attempt to avenge him. These units would gain 5/10/15/20/25% IAS and 10/15/20/25/30 bonus damage.

Skill 1: Honor Guard:
[Effect] Summons one Fire Warrior, for a max of two, to accompany Aun'va. Honor Guard units do not count as separate units and will follow Aun'va, attacking anyone who attacks him and/or whoever is closest to him. They are also willing to lay down their lives for Aun'va, taking 20/30/40/50% of the damage directed at him.
They have the following stats: 100/200/300/400 HP, 20-30/30-40/40-50/50-60 damage, and 2/3/4/5 armor.
50 second cooldown?

Skill 2: Skyray Bombardment:
[Description] I am shamelessly stealing this from Kharne.
[Effect] Aun'va commands the skyray to launch its missles. It fires 10/15/20/25 missiles in a 450 aoe, each doing 10/12/14/16 damage and getting a brief concussive stun of .10/.15/.20/.25 seconds per missile that hits.

Skill 3: Mediate/Pacify
[Description] An Ethereal's slow, but deliberate words have the power to instill a sense of calm understanding upon all who hear them, inspiring peace for the Greater Good.
[Effect] The target suddenly becomes allied to you for 4/6/8/10 seconds. This is a one way alliance, in that he does not switch sides, but suddenly every non-creep unit on the map becomes an ally. Opposing team still sees him as an enemy.

Ultimate: Paradox of Duality:
[Effect] Aun'va unleashes the power of his staff to create a copy of himself to distract the opponents and draw away enemy fire.
An illusion with a passive taunt aura that activates every 1-2 sec spawns from Aun'va. Has a 1 dmg attack and takes 50-100% of the damage dealt (as opposed to the 300% most illusions take), but otherwise is similar to the hero stat-wise and appearance-wise.
*Lv 1: Runs in a line from the Aun'va to the target location. Will not stop upon reaching location. Duration: 10 s
*Lv 2: Runs to target location, then runs in circles around it. Duration: 15-20 s
*Lv 3: Runs from Aun'va to target location, but is under player control. Duration: 20-30 s

Last edited by Fromundaman on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finished?)
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Hero] Aun'va: Master of the Undying Spirit

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:59 pm

id suggest u check kharn's aunva thread in the dev forum Razz hes got some very similar skills

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh, must have missed it. Time to go check!
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:22 pm

yeah, the three skills u have proposed are three he does, cept he does paradox diferently... *much* diff. that u do

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:54 am

Good idea Fromun! This hero would be a highly effective support hero, considering his ultimate. Maybe, for one of the two skills you missed out on, try a really nasty offensive spell. Perhaps have a stacking attack with the Fire Warriors, based on the damage they have absorbed from Aun'va? Then perhaps have a large aura giving bonuses for the amount of damage the illusion has taken? Just saying man, its just a suggestion. Go wild!

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:38 am

I have to say, I don't like his price of failure idea (I don't feel it should buff when he dies no matter what. On top of that, it feels weak for an ulti that only takes effect upon death. On top of that, I really feel his Inspiring Aura and Price of Failure are kind of thematically connected.), or the fact his guards are an innate. I dunno... it does feel though like we have very similar skills though, except mine are more condensed, and I really like that ulti idea, and if I can't use it on him, I shall find another hero to tack it onto Razz .

That being said, he has some good ideas (I really like the way he did the Skyray barrage one), and maybe combining the two would be a good idea?

Hmmm... I'm trying to keep away from giving his guards skills, since you can't control them and I want the focus to be on Aun'va, but I may end up using that, since it is a pretty good idea.
The aura based on the illusion would be weird to work out though, considering it would only take effect when your ult is active.

Keep them coming though. I need all the help I can get!
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Perhaps just give bonuses from the warriors, and a greater bonus from the illusion?
Razz

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 am

K, I tried to mix mine and Kharne's hero and here's what I have.

closing this because its being discussed in dev
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top