I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm by DeusMechanicus

» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Which skill build should O'shova have?

20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
80% 80% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Post by Glycine on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 am

We should make him an anti-tank support. Razz

Just a whim of mine.

It looks good, though.

As For the Greater Good...

O'Shovah, despite having turned his back on the Tau Empire, still fights for what he believes is the Greater Good. His comrades share this view and when his army charges into battle, nothing will shake their resolve. Max aura range of 800.

All friendly units around O'Shovah gain damage and damage resistance based on the distance between O'Shovah and that unit. Damage increases by 3/4/5/6/7% * (maximum range/current range) and resistance increases by 1/2/3/4/5% * (maximum range/current range) .

Thus, a unit at 100 range from O'shovah with a level 6 innate would receive a 7% *800/100 = 56% damage boost and a 40% damage reduction while a unit 800 range away from O'Shovah would receive a 3% damage boost and a 1% damage reduction.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 am

Battlesuit:
950/1100/1250 hp; 2/3/4 armor (fortified); 290 movespeed;
30-42 (+0/15/30) damage (normal... chaos... hero...); attack cooldown of 2 (+10/20/30%); 500 range
deals 10/15/20 damage per second for 5 seconds (flamer) and deals 1.7/2/2.3x damage to buildings (fusion gun)
has a manashield ability (blocks 5 damage per mana, blocks 70% damage) with 100 base mana and regens 2 per second
might also have a sort of mini-blink/jump skill...

And about the battlesuits. I like what's going on so far, except instead we could perhaps be more unique about the weapons and abilities. 500 range sounds about right, although the fusion blaster needs to be a passive that will only activate at 300-350 range, otherwise it would be too good..
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 am

i can do that Razz

and for your aura, is there a reason for the distance thing? or is that just to make it less bland?
(it actually encourages your team to gather together, making them get owned by aoe easier)

and what do u think about dawn blade?

(his skillset would be so far:
innate: dawnblade(greater good)
one: jump
two: greater good(dawn blade)
three: dont really wanna keep shield gen
ult: strike the killing blow

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:54 am

Well, I could base it off health or mana or whatever, but that's for another post.

We could have the knockback skill instead of shield gen, since he's ranged now. And we could make it have insane knockback, like 700-800.

O'Shovah spins around, slicing and throwing enemies around him back for X damage and Y Distance. (Should it stun or daze? Or perhaps reduce armor or do damage based on how much armor they don't have?)
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 am

does it make sense fluff-wise for oshova to toss his enemies around? Razz

and should 'for the greater good' really be based on hp? Razz my object here is to make it not bland, but not uselessly overcomplicated (distance thinhg, doesnt add anything real to the skill cept overcomplicating it for no reason...) now if for some reason oshova wanted his allies to be close together for some other reason

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Doesn't O'shava have an honor guard? Couldn't that be justification for wanting them close? *shrugs*

Isn't 700-800 KB already more than what Flaying Claws does?
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:37 pm

more actually claws does (iirc) 500/600/700/800... or something like that

and theres a difference between wanting them *around* and *close*
hell want hsi honor guard close by him, but not in a close-order-drill kinda thing (hm.m... which would make an excellent IG support aura Razz)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:12 pm

ok, updated build!

innate: For the Greater Good! (passive - aura)
o'shova holds great respect in the eyes of his enclave, inspiring them to destroy for the greater good.
Nearby allies gain 2/3/4/5/6/7 armor and 10/15/20/25/30/35% damage. O'Shova gains 5/6/7/8/9/10% extra movespeed. Bonuses increase by 5% for each 10% missing hp O'Shova has
math: level 3 innate, nearby unit gain 4 armor and 20% damage, oshova gets 8% ms. he is at 50% hp (lost 50% => 50/10 = 5 stacks 5*5 = 25% bonus)
so neaby units actually get 5 armor, 25% damage, and oshova gets 10% ms
levl 6, oshova at 25% hp (70% lost => 70/10 => 7 stacks = 7*5 = 35% bonus)
9.25 armor, 47% damage. 13.5% ms
(yes, numbers will be nerfed)

skill one: Plasma Assault (active)
O'Shova activates his suit's jump pack and speeds towards the target point, fireing a salvo of Plasma Rifle shots into the units. Jumps to the target point, dealing 100/170/240/310 damage to the units in the target area.

skill two: Dawn Blade (toggle)
O'Shova carries the mighty Dawn Blade, found at (place), and crackling with unknown energies.
while active, O'Shova fights with his mighty dawnblade, dealing no base damage, but destroying x of armor with each hit, dealing y damage per armor destroyed in this way. armor reduced below 0 wont be counted for the damage
(notes to grass for coding: unit attacks, add marker and get armor - set level of marker to level of armor. unit damaged and damager has dawn blade buff and marker skill, get armor, then do level of marker - goten armor as damage)

skill three: Crushing Arc (active)
O'Shova add power to his dawn blade through his suit, charging it up and swinging an arc of destruction through the air (needs work)
O'Shova knocks back all enemies infront of him X distance, dealing (str based) damage (or damge based on armor missing or armor)

ult: Strike the Killing Blow (active)
O'Shova calls in a coordinated strike from his Battlesuit Reserves on his enemies. A battlesuit deepstrikes next to every enemy hero, unleashing a salvo of seaker missles, dealing 260/390/520 damage. Battlesuits are controlable and last untill death

Battlesuit:
950/1100/1250 hp; 2/3/4 armor (fortified); 290 movespeed;
30-42 (+0/15/30) damage (normal); attack cooldown of 2 (+10/20/30%); 500 range
deals 10/15/20 damage per second for 5 seconds (flamer) and deals 1.7/2/2.3x damage to buildings(fusion gun)(activates at 350 range or closer)
has a manashield ability (blocks 5 damage per mana, blocks 70% damage) with 100 base mana and regens 2 per second
might also have a sort of mini-blink/jump skill...
(note to grass for attacks, base attack is 500 range, usual dmg etc, and is attack one and ranged. enable attack two which is melee, higher base damage and deasl bonus to buildings (for the fusion), for each suit, do a timer checking weather the nearest unit is close enough to use fusion, if true... silence ranged attacks and add the lightning attack skill. new trigger, unit is attacked and attacker has silence buff, then check the range, if its farther than 350 range, remove the silence buff, and let the suit attack normally from range. in this trigger, make a unit with a flamethrower attack and order it to attack the attacked unit (For the flamer))

edit: seeing as how gly sees this guy as a supportive hero... i dont see how this proposed build is very supportive... either way, i got rid of the bad Modified XV8, and the un-fitting force shield, replaced them with dawn blade skills

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Ideas for the updated build! >:O

Innate: For the Greater Good! --> Good as is Very Happy. Though maybe scale it the more O'Shovah takes damage, the more potent the aura? Makes for Space Communist goodness Very Happy.

Skill 1 name: Assault Leap/Assault Jump/Plasma Storm/Jet Storm/etc. Pick your poison Razz.

Skill 3: Farsight's Fury? Dunno... Everything points to O'Shovah and not Farsight until now Razz. Anywho! Perhaps a knockback nova/half-nova dealing X base damage + Y times Str stat?
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 pm

im almsot 100% farsight is a *highly* respected figure in his enclave thinger, so the closer he is to dying, the harder his troops fight for him?

skill 1: might be plasma storm or... yeh that one

edit:
and for skill two, i heard someone say something about the dawnblade 'painting arcs of destruction in the air' or somethin g like that XD
and for the effects: yeah thats pretty much howits gona be

edit2: and yeah... this build is *very* ganker/burst damage style

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 pm

We're on a roll!

Oh yeah, the painting arcs thing... That was me too Twisted Evil
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:12 pm

lmao XD i dont remeber these things Razz

but i would be ok with oshova using this build

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 pm

I know you guys just got a build done, but I just remembered something:

In DoW, he has a slow trap thing.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm

That's not O'Shovah. The 'Kais' in DoW is of mitigated origins. Some say he was Kais in Fire Warrior. But he's definitely not Farsight, since he's still with the Tau Empire itself.

P.S.: They don't even wear the same suits =p. Farsight has an XV8 Crisis Suit, whereas Shas'O Kais wears the experimental XV22 Battlesuit, the same one as Commander Shadowsun.
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm

vespa wins XD
im just waiting for more affirmation of this build before i move it to dev as a new thread

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I don't know much about the Tau, so nevermind XD
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:11 am

OOC: It's not like he's support anymore, so time to move on Razz

Should we have a feature where O'shovah can jump to one of his battlesuits with a casting time? Not insane range from across the map, but a fair amount: 1500-2000?

Also..

Innate: For the Greater Good! is good. Razz Make it an armor and damage aura that goes up as his health goes down and a self-movement speed buff that follows the same principle.

Leap Skill: Plasma Assault or any of the names by Vespa work well.

Dawn Blade: He does no base damage, but does bonus damage apply?

The ult simply needs to be tested. Their cooldown seems a bit high.

Knockback skill: Crushing Blow, perhaps? Rending Strike? I agree with the "knockback nova/half-nova dealing X base damage + Y times Str stat" but perhaps it should maim and slow by his strength stat/4?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 am

thought u didnt want him as a ganker, thats why i was worried XD lmao

anywho. armor/damage, self speed... sounds good.
and dawnblade: no it doesnt (how im gona work it is that when he attacks, and the unit he targets is damaged, ill heal them for the damage dealt, the do the armor based damage that the skill does)

and having a high cooldown global nuke is pretty ok by me

and either of those names work XD and thats how it works currently >.> cept it didnt have base damage.
and it would be better for slows to be straight slow and not affected by stats. (at 30 str, epic 7.5% slow, at 130, a 32% slow)

edit: thar, updated my post, and i opted for crushing arc, because he has strike the killing blow as his next skill, so crushing blow is out of the question.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 am

Cleaving Arc, perhaps?

And what's the angle of the arc around Farsight? Is it just in front of him (30-150) or is it a full 0-180 strike?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:56 am

i would think the full 180.
(i was thinking more like a x aoe that is positioned slightly infront of im as oposed to behind him, like how the fex's blood works)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:57 am

How big would the AoE have to be to be effective? 150-200?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:59 am

well, 100 is melee, thirsters butchers carosel is 220, most aoe stomps (from jump skills and the like) are from 250 - 300

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:05 am

270 sounds good then as an average.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3