A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

"What's your Army" Remake

+11
Glycine
Walder
Spiritcurse
billiam
DeusMechanicus
ChangerOfWays
walt_jabsco
Fromundaman
Rogue_Leader
Grass Hopper
GhostIV
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What army do you play?

"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: "What's your Army" Remake

Post by cellrawr Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:46 pm

BUY TYRANIDS. DO IT.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Necrons ftw.

Actually, it really depends on your play style and what tactics you prefer.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

I will crush your pathetic space marines under the treads of my Leman Russ battle tanks, drowning your armor in my hellhound's inferno cannon blasts, and ride overhead your foolish scouts in my Valkyrie assault carriers!
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:53 pm

I wonder what he plays Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:58 am

Squats, obviously.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grapes_On_Drapes Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Mortis wrote:I will crush your pathetic space marines under the treads of my Leman Russ battle tanks, drowning your armor in my hellhound's inferno cannon blasts, and ride overhead your foolish scouts in my Valkyrie assault carriers!

Hey, IG and Space Marines are buds!

Usually, when you don't go all pissy when we prove that we're the Emperor's favorites Smile

Besides, I got two Dreadnought Close Combat weapons that would like to meet the front of your bumper. Smile
Grapes_On_Drapes
Grapes_On_Drapes
Space Marine
Space Marine

https://www.youtube.com/guildmasteraq

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Space Marines and Imperial Guard are rarely "buds".. Most Space Marines consider the Imperial Guard as cowards at best, and traitors at worst.. Very rarely do Space Marines even consider the Imperial Guard as worthy of fighting for the Emperor.. Though on very rare occasions the Space Marines have acknowledged the Imperial Guard as a worthy organization - for example when the Blood Ravens took Victory Bay.. The 5th Company of Alexander's 1st Kronus Regiment defected to the Blood Ravens and fought against their fellow IG.. After the Blood Ravens won, the 5th Company was completely wiped out - every man killed - for betraying their brothers, but the rest of the regiment was given safe passage off of Kronus for having the bravery to stand up to the Blood Ravens.. Anyway, their philosophy isn't even the same - the IG consider the Emperor to be a god, while most of the Space Marines think of him as a father figure, to be emulated, but not worshipped..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grapes_On_Drapes Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:51 pm

The point I was trying to get across is that they both follow the Emperor, fight for the Imperium, and....yeah, but I do realize that they are not the best of friends.
Grapes_On_Drapes
Grapes_On_Drapes
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Let me put it this way, grapes, The space marines and the imperial guard do not like fighting near one another. The space marines dont follow battle tactics of imperial Guard commanders, and thus, are a loose cannon when they show up to 'help'. The space marines show up for their own reasons, for their own goals, and do expressly what their own commanders tell them to. Imperial guard are more or less shoved to the side and/or used as 'support' when the space marines are around. The one thing the two forces have in common is they both theoretically answer to the emperor. That is all.
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Oh, And by the way Grapes... Those claws mean crap when your dreadnaught meets several demolisher cannon blasts, lascannon blasts, and hellstrike missle blasts. Along with the rest of your army that happened to be anywhere near the thing getting shot. Demolisher cannons use LARGE blast templates
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grapes_On_Drapes Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Mortis wrote:Oh, And by the way Grapes... Those claws mean crap when your dreadnaught meets several demolisher cannon blasts, lascannon blasts, and hellstrike missle blasts. Along with the rest of your army that happened to be anywhere near the thing getting shot. Demolisher cannons use LARGE blast templates

There's no guarantee, however, that the shot will be dead on. Besides, my other forces could do something, and would easily dispact it while the tank is busy with the my dreadnought. My Land Raiders and their Lascannons would want to use you for target practice.
Grapes_On_Drapes
Grapes_On_Drapes
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Stop waving your W40k rods around trying to joust as if something was actually the matter.

I counter with this, which you counter with that, but I riposte, etc, etc, gets you nowhere.

No army is inherently better than the other, because it is not the stats and ranges of models that decide battles, it is the skill behind the player that does so.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 pm

thats not entirely true Razz

some armies are naturally better vs some others...

no wait, some army *types* are naturally better vs others
like the very very shooty armies are naturally better vs the melee orineted ones
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Point to grass. We could flex our E-Penis' all we wish, but it wouldnt settle it. We need to play for real, and with the photo evidence of having trampled his pathetic space marines into the dust, we could move on with out lives XD
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:20 am

Lol, the Tau get raped when they get outflanked by mobile assault armies who can deepstrike/advance on the sides, fleet into combat with a turn or two, and tear the gunline a new one. Mech Tau isn't quite as susceptible to this, but once the hammerhead and the devilfish are brought down, it's game over.

Against static melee enemies, ranged attackers will do well, but if the melee attackers can negate the range, it's all over. That's why it all comes down to skill and how units are used.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grapes_On_Drapes Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Mortis wrote:Point to grass. We could flex our E-Penis' all we wish, but it wouldnt settle it. We need to play for real, and with the photo evidence of having trampled his pathetic space marines into the dust, we could move on with out lives XD

Why are you assuring that my "pathetic" Space Marines would get owned? We would totally grind you into dust.

And @Glycine Actually, it's not the skill.

BEHOLD.
"What's your Army" Remake - Page 3 Dice1
The masters of the game.
Grapes_On_Drapes
Grapes_On_Drapes
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:04 pm

a large part of winning the game is army composition and deployment.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grapes_On_Drapes Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:a large part of winning the game is army composition and deployment.

Indeed, but in the end, what happens is decided by THE ALMIGHTY MASTERS

WORSHIP THEIR SIX-SIDEDNESS!!!! WORRRRSHHIIIIPPPP
Grapes_On_Drapes
Grapes_On_Drapes
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:56 pm

the Dice Gods favor you? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Walder Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Alright, I decided to hold off for Warhammer Fantasy, 8th Edition. Trouble is now finding a fantasy army that works...

... what are the Dark Eldar like? I assume they're similar to the Dark Elves in WHFB?
Walder
Walder
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 pm

The dark eldar are utterly pathetic under current rules. In some cases, their speed pwns, but in a direct fight they are usualy shot up all to hell, or assaulted all to hell. If you want something darkish... Do Chaos Daemons, or Chaos Space Marines, at least until they update the rules for Dark Eldar, with a new Codex
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Just don't face anyone using Grey Knights if you choose Daemons.. Your little pawns might get Sustained Attack ('cause of GK's Daemonic Infestation), but your big baddies will get knocked out quick (Rites of Exorcism, hell yeah).
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Err, Mort. You're so black and white.

If the Space Marines can be considered to be a hammer, the Dark Eldar are basically a stiletto. In the right circumstances, both are fatal, with the Dark Eldar requiring godlike skill, speed, timing, and luck to use to the best of their potential. You need to almost play Dark Eldar like a chess match, while the Marines can be played like Checkers, in that you need to think two, three moves ahead.

You *don't* play them where they get in direct fights, because they do get slaughtered like that. The initiative is yours, and it must be used with care, if you play Dark Eldar. You overextend one unit, you lose.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 am

the dark eldar as an army is *very* bad atm. it takes that godlike skill/timing/luck to pull off a decent game with them.
they are an old 3rd edition codex thats below the power-creep of the current line of 5th ed dexes

i agree with mort on this one Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:28 am

GK still own and they're 3rd ed. Razz
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down