A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

+7
Betrayer_kharn
ChangerOfWays
walt_jabsco
DeusMechanicus
Grass Hopper
Fromundaman
Kiba[dok]
11 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** Empty [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:45 am

fluff:Brother-Captain Davian Thule is the leader of the three Blood Ravens companies of Space Marines sent to Kronus by his Chapter Master. Thule leads the Blood Ravens to victory on Kronus and recovers many of the chapters relics, however Thule received grievous wounds during the final confrontation with the Necron Lord of Kronus.He was then sent to be the main leader of the Blood Ravens in the sub-sector Aurelia and charged with protecting the Blood Raven recruiting worlds of Calderis, Typhon, and Meridian until he was wounded by a Tyranid Warrior and entombed in a dreadnought. Thanks to his work in removing the chaos taint from Aurelia his dreadnought was upgraded to a Venerable Dreadnought.

innate: Venerable Dreadnought [Ty grass and from]
fluff: Venerable dreadnoughts are special close-combat dreadnoughts used by the blood angles. Due to his service to the chapter the Librarians have upgraded his Venerable ensuring all xeno would fall before him.
gives 1/2/3/4/5 bonus to strength, 2/4/6/8/10 armor, and increased ms by 5/10/15/20/25% but renders Thule unable to were armor and leaves systems open allowing a 2/4/6/8/10% chance any time Thule takes 15% max hp for a vehicle effect to happen
50% crew shaken (20% slow for 3 seconds)
20% crew stunned (1 second stun)
15% weapon arm destroyed (loses ~50% damage 20sec)
10% vehicle immobilized (50% slow 20sec)
5% vehicle destroyed! (takes 5x damage from that hit, ignoring the innate damage reduction - if Thule dies to this, he explodes, dealing the damage taken to surrounding units).

skill 1: Seismic Hammer
fluff: Massive dreadnought hammer that crush all who stand before him
deals 200/250/300/350 dam to target unit and immobilizes them for 5sec
mana cost 90 cd:40

{ty gly for both 2 and 3}skill 2: Magna-Grapple
fluff: Dreadnought claw attached to a chain that pulls the enemy to Thule or can propel Thule forward(Two modes).
First mode: Thule fires the Grapple out 400/500/600/700 range. Any trees in the way of the grapple will be destroyed. Any enemy unit hit by the grapple as it extends is pushed back and suffers damage. Any unit present at the maximum range of the grapple will be grabbed and pulled back to Thule, where they will be held for 0.5/0.75/1.00/1.25 seconds.

Second mode: Thule fires the grapple along with other chains out the same range as the first skill, but will grab onto the nearest non-organic object/unit. At the cost of more mana than the first skill, Thule can be pulled at a generally fast speed. Any enemy units in the way will suffer greater damage in this way than the first skill does.

mana cost: 75 cd: 40

skill 3:Ironclad Grenade Launchers
Fluff: Thule launches a barrage of grenades onto a certain area. There are two types of grenades he can fire from his arm-mounted launcher: Frag and Electromagnetic.
Frag grenades: fires 3/4/5/6 grenades at 600 range that do 100 dam each in an aoe of 300
EM: fires 4 grenades at 600 range that do 150 dam each and slow for 2/3/4/5sec in an aoe of 300
mana cost: 100 cd: 45

Ult: Victory before Dishonor
fluff: Motto adopted by Thule after Kronus. Thule's' will to see this done seems to be able push his Venerable to new highest.
Gives Thule 10/20/30% damage 200/300/400 hp and increases his ms by 15/20/25% for 25sec. However this is such a strain on the Venerable that Thule is in that all systems but life-support are offline for 15sec
mana cost:150 cd:75

str 28+3.1
agi 16+1.5
int 14+1.6
ms 280
this looks fun

Last edited by Kiba[dok] on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 am; edited 32 times in total
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Fromundaman Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 am

I like it so far. Didn't know Thule ended up in a Dreadnought (Though to be fair the only reason I even know who he is is because of Dark Crusade.).

Not quite sure what to give him for his last skill, though I remember there were a lot of ideas in the skill suggestion thread, especially Wanderer's ideas, that could fit a Dreadnought. I'll check the dex as well though.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:57 am

looks good so far.
few things: his innate is % of hp right? 5% is to much... 2% even is too much...

shield's numbers are too low... and 8% of 60 is not very much Razz unless its blocks 60 damage, and reflects 8% of damage done, even then its still not very hihg, considering the 15% chance to trigger.

not to be picky, but i would find other skill other than ground slam, cause its basically a renamed thunderclap.

and hes obviously a str hero with high str, so 100% of max hp is too much... a 3k damage nuke would almost one shot most heroes, considering it triggers on death, so people have been fighting for a while.
and having a skill with *only* an on-death effect is a bad idea, cause it 'encourages' dying, without doing anything else.

an idea: try using the vehicle innate taht someone (fromundaman?) suggested in his thread.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:42 pm

i thought that too but it was the only skill form tt i could find the rules on and the regen is a bit much ill nerf it
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm

theres a new dread weapon in the 5th ed marines dex, u might consider replacing ground slam with that, having similar effects.. do 'Vehicle' as the innate, and move victory before dishonour to become a regular skill
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:theres a new dread weapon in the 5th ed marines dex, u might consider replacing ground slam with that, having similar effects.. do 'Vehicle' as the innate, and move victory before dishonour to become a regular skill

what would that weapon be called i don't play the tt
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Seismic Hammer: A blow from a seismic hammer causes catastrophic shockwaves to tear through the target. A siesmic hammer is treated as a Dreadnaught close combat weapon that adds +1 to rolls on the vehicle damage chart
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:21 am

Kiba[dok] wrote:

Ult: Victory before Dishonor
fluff: Motto followed by Thule and those under this command
Gives Thule a hp regen aura of 50/100/150 hp

I know you explained it kinda to me in the channel, but this just looks weird to me.

Also, kinda bland for an ulti. (And thinking back, you def want the regen higher than 3-4 considering that bionics gives +5 regen.)

Also, might I suggest the following for the innate (I think this is what Grass was talking about):

Vehicle hero's innate, should we get around to non-necron vehicle heroes:
Decreases damage taken by 10/20/30/40/50%, but there's a 2/4/6/8/10% chance of a hit piercing the vehicle's armor, inflicting one of the following:
>Crew stunned: Vehicle is stunned.
>Weapon Destroyed: Vehicle cannot attack for a few seconds, or if that's uncodeable, it's attack goes to 0.
>Vehicle immobilized: Vehicle can't move for a few seconds.
>Ammo/Fuel hit: Vehicle suffers a 2x critical hit (Ignores the damage reduction from this skill when calculating the crit.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:01 am

that would work but all this hero is basicly nothing but a suped up dred and if some of those things happened he wouldnt be able to fix it has he doesnt have crew to take care of of the dread when it gets damage and Ven dreds have more armor and it would be harder for those things to happen to one then that of a normal dred
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 am

Didn't Thule use "Victory Over Death" after beating the Necrons on Kronus?
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 pm

@kiba: but it could still happen Razz

i would think something like this:
10/20/30/40/50/60% damage reduction, with a 2/4/6/8/10/12% chance for a vehicle daamge effect to happen:

20% crew stuned (1 second stun)
15% weapon destroyed (loses ~50% damage untill death)
10% vehicle imobilized (50% slow till death)
5% vehicle destroyed! (takes 5x damge from that hit, ignoring the innate damage reduction - if thule dies to this, he explodes, dealing the damage taken to surounding units)

till death effects would be removed upon reaching the fountain (or give the skill a ~300 second cooldown that removes till death effects)

actual math turns into: 50% shaken, 10% stuned, 6% weapon destroyed, 3,4% imobilized, 1.53% vehicle destroyed

anywho, just my ideas XD

and @Deus: what are we talking about there?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

its an extrimely low chance ausrmen could shot shot this hero if he had that along with the shadow hunter besides look at his move speed if that debuff stacks u could have any hero killin him cuz he jsut wouldnt be able to move to do anything
Grass Hopper wrote:@kiba: but it could still happen Razz

i would think something like this:
10/20/30/40/50/60% damage reduction, with a 2/4/6/8/10/12% chance for a vehicle daamge effect to happen:

20% crew stuned (1 second stun)
15% weapon destroyed (loses ~50% damage untill death)
10% vehicle imobilized (50% slow till death)
5% vehicle destroyed! (takes 5x damge from that hit, ignoring the innate damage reduction - if thule dies to this, he explodes, dealing the damage taken to surounding units)

till death effects would be removed upon reaching the fountain (or give the skill a ~300 second cooldown that removes till death effects)

actual math turns into: 50% shaken, 10% stuned, 6% weapon destroyed, 3,4% imobilized, 1.53% vehicle destroyed

anywho, just my ideas XD

and @Deus: what are we talking about there?
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:36 pm

yes, asurmen would have a 0.3% chance of dealing 20x damage to him Razz but he would also be reducing the *Rest* oh his attacks by 60%
(comparitivly, a .3% chance of dealing 20x damage is equal to a 5.7% damage boost, its really nothing to worry about, but its to offset the huge damage reduction)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:45 pm

but what about the ms problem
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:50 pm

it wnot stack, and 150 ms shoudl be 280 Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 pm

k then thats works for me that was the big problem i had with it cuz with his slow speed that debuff would have been a death warrent ill edit with it and now that i read the destroy closer even if they do get that massive crit its likely that itll kill them aswell
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Those 'till death effects are pretty... devastating... Could we make it a longer slow/debuff but not until death?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm

i wouldnt mind them just being a bigger hit with a longer duration but it would be up to grass
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:21 pm

well, the till death effects go away when he gets back to the fountain, or activates his innate, depending on how we do it... but getting imobilized/losing a weapon is generally perma Razz and look at the actual chances for them to happen
(and if a crew is shaken, then itll stop there, and wont do anything else)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:22 pm

oh, and can u explain the ult to me?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:44 pm

i wanted the regan to be bit slower so that it equals out to the number posted didnt know how u would have to code it
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

couldnt u just write 17/33/50 hp per second?
(oh, and the numbers are waaay to high)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 pm

then how bout this then +4/8/12 str with a cast that gives 40/80/160 hp regan a sec for 5 sec with a mana cost of 150 and a cd of 90/80/70

Last edited by Kiba[dok] on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 pm

that could work,but bigger passive str, and increase the regen a bit...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:42 pm

OH!

I thought that was a passive regen, and was so confused...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next