A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Space Marine - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Space Marine - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Space Marine - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Space Marine - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Space Marine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Space Marine

+5
doomcowgod
Fromundaman
ChangerOfWays
tidest
DeusMechanicus
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Space Marine - Page 2 Empty Re: Space Marine

Post by DeusMechanicus Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Most likely... Alot of companies seem to be doing that alot lately just to squeeze every penny out of their fans and caving to the little "tween" fuckers... Ugh... I hate todays youth. Resident Evil and Lord of the Rings are two examples.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:33 pm

I didn't play RE 5, so... what was wrong with it? (Or are you thinking of the Wii one[s]?)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:10 pm

RE 4 / 5, they completely abandoned Umbrella and the Virus for ... an ancient plague-parasite that apparently some freaky little midget has kept hidden under his castle for centuries. Resident Evil isn't Resident Evil without zombies. Those shitty "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" bullshit Plagas aren't zombies. And, of course, the shitty movies. I would have had more fun sitting in a tub of rusty, open scissors than watching those pieces of crap.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm

What was wrong with Lord of the Rings? I thought they were pretty good for a book-to-movie, cause I usually hate book-to-movies.

RE on the otherhand, ya, that was horrible. Also, the reason I didn't even play 4 and 5 is because they got rid of the zombies.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:22 am

Meh, RE 4/5 had a shitty story, but the actual gameplay was more fun, though they also sacrificed most of what made the franchise even somewhat scary to accomplish it, so it really depends on what you prefer. TBH, I have never liked the RE story much, and didn't find the 0-3 very scary, so I actually prefered 4, though I can see why someone who liked 0-3 wouldn't.

And yeah, the RE movies sucked XD
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:02 am

Lord of the Rings just had so many things changed that didn't really need to be changed / made even less sense after being changed. Such as Arwen summoning the river outside Imladris and the Elves showing up at Helm's Deep, just two examples.

And I didn't find 0, 2, 3, and CV scary (when I first played 1 it was creepy as hell), but they were fun and I liked the story. True, 4 had better gameplay, but the story was crap. I hated the gameplay and story in 5.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:35 am

DeusMechanicus wrote:Lord of the Rings just had so many things changed that didn't really need to be changed / made even less sense after being changed. Such as Arwen summoning the river outside Imladris and the Elves showing up at Helm's Deep, just two examples.
Well, ya, but most book movies do that(some even worse). For a book-to-movie, it was pretty good.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Only played a demo of RE 5, and I was kind of turned off by the fact it was essentially a recycled RE 4, only seemed even easier due to Co-op.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I agree with ghost, many movies do that. Take Eragon for example, the book was amazing, but the movie failed hard core. There are just some things you need to do to make movies make more sence to the non reading populace of america (aka 99% ish)
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:08 pm

99 percent seems a little low for non reading population...either way the topic is space marine and i think it looks badass def gonna get it, and i never played re on consoles only the arcade version those were always fun
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:14 am

I know some things need to change for a book to be made into a movie. But the two examples I listed had no impact what so ever on the plot or direction of the movie, they were put in because the pussy writers / drector caved to popular demand. Elves at Helm's Deep made no sense (at the beginning of the first movie thye even talk about the "Last Alliance of Elf and Man", the last time armies of Men and Elves would ever fight side by side). Not to mention it was Erkenbrand and Gandalf (not Eomer) that went to gather the Rohirrim (who were on foot, not mounted like in the movie), it was the Huorns that completely wrecked the Uruk-hai army, and the Uruk-hai weren't "stunned by Gandalf's glowy stick". Uruk-hai didn't fear bright lights like other Orcs (the Dunlendings feared Gandalf because he was a wizard and had a reputation in Dunland, also not because of his "glowy stick").

And I'm a huge Tolkien-nerd, so I'll stop now before I type ten pages on the things changed..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:57 am

Changer, to be fair, the books weren't that great either... (Really generic story, and only average writing, not to mention the 2nd one was really lame.)

And hey, let's not look at just the bad sides... Some books do end up making it into good movies. Take for example, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Yeah, I pulled out HP, what now?). That movie managed to balance keeping true to the book while not overloading it with pointless details or adding/substracting from the story to make it more 'Hollywood-y' (Something the other HP movies have sadly not managed to do...).

Another good example of a good book-to-movie film was Fight Club, which, while it's not completely true to the book (ending was changed, for one), it still managed to capture the essence of the book AND be a pretty badass movie.

Stephen King's "The Shining" is another good example. While I'm not sure how true it is to the book, it managed to capture the feel of Stephen King's works, and made a pretty awesome movie.

"Princess Bride" is another good one.

I think you get my point...

That being said, even if it does turn out to be a piece of shit, we can at least take solace in the fact that it can't be worse than the Dragon Ball Z movie...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 am

Yeah, the HP movies weren't bad. They're splitting the last into two movies, I heard.. Whole lot of camping in that book.

Anyway, I don't know if any of you read comics (the scope of my nerd-hood becoming clear yet?), but I heard they were going to make "Walking Dead" (a comic series about ... you guessed it, zombies) into either a movie or a TV show ... and that'd be fucking awesome. Anyone who hasn't heard of it (even if you don't normally read comics), I recommend you pick it up (the hardcovers cover entire story arcs, instead of having to buy each comic). Oh, and Ryan Reynolds is going to do Wade Wilson in another (hopefully not as shitty) Deadpool movie (X-Men Origins totally screwed the character). Hoping that'll be good... I love Deadpool. "Suffers from the delusion that he's inside a comic book." - Nick Fury's notes (U.A. 2)
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:08 am

When is it supposed to come out?
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down