A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Changes made to Necron Lord. I_vote_lcap63%Changes made to Necron Lord. I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_vote_lcap38%Changes made to Necron Lord. I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Changes made to Necron Lord. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Changes made to Necron Lord.

4 posters

Go down

Changes made to Necron Lord. Empty Changes made to Necron Lord.

Post by Glycine Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Shouldn't we make him like Doomcowgod's Hive Tyrant?

Give him a variety of abilities and items to choose from, so that he's more versatile and better as a character.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Changes made to Necron Lord. Empty Re: Changes made to Necron Lord.

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:47 am

I don't think he has enough item possibilities to warrant that.

(+ I personally think he's fine. *shrugs*)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:24 pm

if we give a hero multiple options for skills and abilities just because he was a variety of wargear available... then we would have to do that for rpetty muche very hero in the game
thats why im slightly against DCG's tyrant, because making a hero customizable 'because he is in TT' doesnt justify it
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:05 pm

I see. Well, perhaps his skills could be reevaluated whenever we have time.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:06 pm

why do u think he needs it?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Because I feel that his skills aren't up to par in the metagame now.

He can't really be anti-caster except at the start, when he has that nasty 400 damage nuke, but that's all the damage he really does. He can't counter DPS late game, because they'll do more damage than he does or they'll simply bait the lord into turning it on, then making a quick retreat and repeating. He's not a bad support character, but he's only really good for ganks. He can't boost speed or damage and his push ability is directly connected to the amount of mana regen he has, which is strange for a Strength hero, but not bad.

The Innate makes sense. It may stop one death, but as with Celestine's ult, you're basically setting yourself up to be killed again if they realize they don't have a kill, which many do. And I believe it is currently bugged in the recent versions. Even with maximum chance (I've died about 15 times), he does not revive. Please look into that.

Gaze of Flame is a nice skill, except it's a pro-skill. That, and the pause is so short, it's only ever used when you're trying to get someone to stop chasing you and even then it may not work. A 6 second cooldown for a skill that only is in effect for 0.4 seconds is not worth it. Even Lord of Change's Horror has a duration/cooldown ratio of 0.2, while this skill has a ratio of 0.07.

Lightning Field is what makes him special. Except he's not an intelligence hero. Once again, takes timing to use. In fact, most Lords I see go Spirit Stones/Designs just for the mana gain so that they can actually use lightning field for more than 1-2 minutes. Is the saving grace, IMO.

Veil of Darkness is a solid skill. It has great synergy with gankers at all stages of the game and the added slow is excellent.

Solar Pulse is the one skill I think should be tossed. The slow doesn't slow enough, in fact, Veil slows more than Solar at all levels of speed below 500, which is so weak. Plus the blind does nothing to an experienced player. It's a gradual darkness, so one can quickly get his or her bearings and run to open land. In fact, it doesn't even take much distance to get out of the blind AoE.

As for skills I would give him..

Put thought into Resurrection Orb, Nightmare Shroud, Chronometron, or Phase Shifter.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:08 pm

did u just say metagame Changes made to Necron Lord. Icon_razz

i agree he doesnt have much *direct* synergy with his own skills or his team, but he does have a very very difined role: disruption
he is designed to make the enemy team have a harder time doing what they want to do, while allowing his team to captialize on their difficulties
lightning field punishes them for attacking, gaze interupts orders, and veil is the "i cant do shit" button, while veil allows him to do some sub-par ganking, and aids his team in being where they need to be.
random example: initiate with veil, do a quick gaze, then teleport your team to where they are running away because they cant see, causing them to run into your team, get slowed and raped because of veil and your team, and if they do decide to fight back, lightning field.
the lord is a hero who *very* much relies on a decent team to excell, but in the hands of a skilled player, and with a decent team for him to back up, he rapes face.

i agree that for the most part he is very sub par right now, but i can buff gaze of flame (possibly with a silence effect that lasts longer than the stun, or disabling attacks, or increasing the duration) and lightning field i can just buff.

all that being said, theres no reason why we cant have two different necron lord heroes (lord from different c'tan)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Lol, veil is two skills. The problem is with Solar is that it's too short and people can just run out of it. It's more like I can't do shit until I get out of it but I'm not worried about necron lord killing me because he can't do damage and the duration is only 11 seconds button.

He does fit the role of disruptor. He just needs a skill buff to make him do that better.

Lightning Field affects normal attacks, Gaze should affect spells, Veil is a mass teleport, and Solar Flare just plain needs a rework. The problem with lord is that more often then not, there isn't a good supporting cast for him to work with and thus he'll drag the team down if the team can't bring him up.

PSST: Read my long post again. Necron's innate is bugged. It does not bring him back. Or I died 15 times while having a 40% chance to revive each time. What's the probability on that? Oh wait, 0.0470184984576%. It's not working. D:
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:54 pm

ok, gaze will silence then, cause that makes sense...
and i can buff veil a bit? increase aoe... something like 1000/1200/1400, and slow to 20/25/30 (cause a huge aoe 30% slow is good)

edit: oh, and necron lord has very little direct combat abilities, save veil... but im aware of that. he *needs* his team to make him stand out, hes a situational hero.

and i got the veil thing Razz ill look into that.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:56 pm

You should really change his name too.. Lords often carry the titles of "Harbinger of - " or "Herald of - "..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:57 pm

hmm Razz and what c'tan does he fit most with do you think?
(if im getting this right, lords are asscociated with a specific c'tan amiright?)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Not since the C'tan went into slumber.. None of them have really raised their own legion again. The Tomb Worlds act, for the most part, independently.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 pm

ah... lame! aw well... ok then what do u suggest Razz cause tomb lord of kronos does sound lame
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Harbingers lead specialized War Cells (there're three or four different kinds), and the current build doesn't really fit into any of those. An example of a "Herald" title is Herald of Dismay, who showed up during the Damocles Crusade, or Herald of the Storm, who initiated the fall of Medusa... And I think the Herald titles are mostly used by the Imperium to designate specific Lords, so, pretty much whatever feelings / events the Lord is creating becomes his title. Anyway, I'm sick as hell and can't really come up with anything creative for a Herald title, you could create two different Lord builds- a Harbinger of the Storm and Harbinger of the Night. The Stormcaller War Cell Lord specializes in calling massive electrical storms and controlling them to devestate enemy squads and vehicles. The Shroudweaver War Cell Lord specializes in sucking the light out of a large area, blinding enemy troops and striking fear into them while his forces ravage through their lines.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm

ok, harald of terror? just off the top of my head?
work off fear, or confusion
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Synonyms for Fear:

abhorrence, agitation, angst, anxiety, aversion, awe, bête noire, chickenheartedness, cold feet, cold sweat, concern, consternation, cowardice, creeps, despair, discomposure, dismay, disquietude, distress, doubt, dread, faintheartedness, foreboding, fright, funk, horror, jitters, misgiving, nightmare, panic, phobia, presentiment, qualm, recreancy, reverence, revulsion, scare, suspicion, terror, timidity, trembling, tremor, trepidation, unease, uneasiness, worry

Herald of FUnk ... would be badass.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:33 am

I have to disagree very strongly about the uses of solar pulse.

I personally find it to be an amazing, but mana intensive spell.

It kills all ganks and pushes, like that. It sets up for ganks very well (With an experienced team. Blind, they run away from you, into the hero waiting a little farther back.).
It also meshes very well with his other skills.

Personally, I don't see a problem with current Necron Lord that a slight numbers buff won't solve. (Though even then, with his TP skill no longer interrupting his allies, I find him awesome and very fun.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down