I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

What direction do we want to go in for this particular map?

Go down

What direction do we want to go in for this particular map?

Post by Glycine on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Right now, I believe we've reached such a point that we've opened another path for us to travel down. What that path may be, I don't know, but the standing (or notoriety) of our map has become great. We have a dedicated community who want to see this map prosper and aren't afraid to speak their minds about changes made.

Now then, to the srs stuff.

What changes do we need to make to the map as a whole? What aspect of other games do you believe should be added? Do we want to make it more battle-royale or a game where intelligence is key and power is nothing without the wit to apply it? Should heroes be less powerful? Should creeps and buildings be more powerful? What about modes; should our modes be radically different from modes of other AoS's?

I believe (somewhat hypocritically, I apologize) that we need to stop making heroes. We need to mold and fuse hero ideas together so that we can work on other parts of the map, like items, creeps, terrain, and other features of the map that will make it better overall.

In my opinion, as stated earlier, we will sooner or later run out of space. In addition, it is problematic for us to rely on one person to code, no matter how he likes it. Sooner or later, we will need others to take up the reins.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What direction do we want to go in for this particular map?

Post by Fromundaman on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:41 pm

To be perfectly honest, I don't think it matters if we stop making heroes or not: They aren't all making it in for a long time to come anyway.

That being said, I agree with your basic point. More items/hireables/modes would be nice. That being said, there is a thread discussing more hireables.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:20 am

heh
how about this:
after this version, i finish up the 4 heroes, and all the epic changes... then...
every other version i only do ONE hero, and spend the rest of the time on other stuff that is prolly more important
ie: hireables, things to take the focus of farming up items, possibly change the terrain around (3 straight obvious lanes is boring!) and other things that will improve the quality and dynamics of the game

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:53 am

That sounds about right, though it changes my hero predictions for next version Razz
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 am

lmao mine too Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Glycine i agree with you this is a big crossroad. But is there anything wrong if eventually there are multiple maps created. Like if we were to make different game modes different maps. I would love to see a game mode based on mainly hireables and no heroes. I would love to help but right now i dont know how to do anything but give feedback.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 am

The problem with doing that is we would effectively split the community and popularity of the map.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:10 pm

yeah, two maps = bad XD

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am

I think that the 3 lanes is perfect, because with the woods, someone can easily appear right behind the enemy. Which I do a lot. And that's never boring. Very Happy

Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Well, for lanes, the way I see it, our choices are:

A) What we have now, which is by no means bad.
B) 3-4 lanes, but horizontally, such as AoTZ and EOTA have it. This would require redoing the whole terrain of the map.
C) Triangle/Square formation with lanes to the center, as seen in old AoS'. This would require redoing the terrain and making more teams.
D) Something completely different, but hell if I know what.

Personally, I prefer option A.

I think our current focus should be balance foremost, with modes, hireables, neutral creeps, *maybe* runes (Like a vision rune that gives vision of the whole map for 2-3 sec or something (No true-sight.)?), and new neutral creeps close behind. Getting some of the developed heroes in too, but that's more of a coding matter, and it'll happen in due time. What we need is ideas for the rest. I'd also love to see Titan mode go in at some point in the next 2-3 patches.

Also, down the road, when we get races mode, I think we'll need to balance the number of heroes per race to roughly the same amounts.

Finally, some of the unnecessarily large (map-space wise) models might need to be changed to something smaller. I mean, obviously not all of them (Marines, Orks, and Dreadnaughts are necessary I think, as is GK, if only because his old model did his character no justice, and I didn't even realize he was a Grey Knight till he got the model.), but some (Is there any way the Chaplain model for example, as amazing as it looks, could be tuned down a bit, as it looks like it must take up a lot of mapspace. If not, then please keep it, as it does look awesome.)
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 pm

well, it was only an idea to change the terrain around (because imo, the straight obvious lanes are boring) but apparently u guys like it so i guess not

and on the mapsize:
i can compress it with a few different compressers (aparently smota... or something... uses lke 4 diff compressers and it still plays...)
and really, the 40k model makers seem to not care about map space... (damn u pyramidhe@d!) but if some people could find me some fitting models for existing heroes, i would gladly replace them
(also, most heroes take ~200-400kb of mapspace... which is largly just cause their high-poly, and detailed skins... if i could get someone who knew even a little about model making, im sure we could make a low-poly version of a few heroes)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tidest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:58 am

Umm You can learn about Modeling on Hive Work Shop Basic steps are like.

2.1 Download the tools that are listed at the top of the tutorial.
2.2 Open Magos model editor and search for good geosets.
2.3 Extract the geoset into a new folder and convert them from mdx to mdl with the file converter.
2.4 Open them with verttex modifier and delete unneeded parts.
2.5 Change the used texture into another one and make it fit the model shape ( changing the uv map).
2.6 Merge all of our geoset into 1 model.
2.7 Give the model animations.
2.8 Add some eye candy to it.
2.9 Convert it back into mdx.
2.10 Finished. Very Happy

The Tutorial I found is http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/3d-modeling-tutorials-282/create-models-only-free-tools-107544/

Actually I think a better one is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/3d-modeling-tutorials-282/modeling-animation-101-a-41840/
Lol just search around Hive theres alot. its actually not such a hard concept to grasp. just hard to get Good at.

tidest
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm

ehhh, i cant just learn that overnight Razz if someone could try it out XD or u even Razz im sure its not that hard, i just dont have time

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tidest on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:33 am

Sure. Ill try and learn how to Model for us since I don't make Heros or other things... hmm What do I do to contribute to the map O.o?

tidest
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum