I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Sadly, it must be said.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sadly, it must be said.

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 pm

im thinking (for right now) that itll look something like this:

Lucius'-

oh wow, just thought of something... its not technically the armor that does this effect, so we can replace doomsiren with armor of shreeking souls, cause thats how it works in TT, the armor emits the doomsiren.... anywhay!

The Eternal
Lucius is known as the 'The Eternal' because whoever kills him find that they begin to slowly morph into Lucius, while his killer becomes just another soul fused into his armor. When killed, Lucius' killer will take pure damage equal to his current hp over 30 seconds, if he is killed during this process, lucius will be reborn from his killer. has a 230/200/170 second cooldown. (note: this means that it has a 200/170/140 cooldown after the 30 second duration is up)

some alternate damage methods: takes pure damage equal to lucius' max hp, the targets max hp (prolly too powerful, considering he prolly wont be at max hp when lucus dies)

and yes from, he would still lose gold and give exp when killed, and he wont get exp for the hero kill. and he will revive if a creep kills him. (thats why i put the cooldown)

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:44 pm

Random tidbit about the fluff of 'The Eternal' ... it's only if the warrior who bested Lucius feels pride / gloats over the killing. If they feel no joy over having ending him then Slaanesh has no hold over their soul... Really doesn't have anything to do with what you're talking about, just thought I'd point that out.
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:45 pm

heh, i think i heard about that somewhere... it was prolly you Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:52 pm

'Tis what I do.
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:30 pm

How do we represent pride in the game, though?

Ps: We still haven't figured out the issue when revive cooldown is less than 30 seconds and lucius comes back even while the dot is still ticking.

If he's already respawned, how can he be reborn?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:32 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:lucius' ult only damages the hero when lucius is dead.
(and i just thought... if a creep kills lucius... what happens XD - ill prolly just give it a cooldown, like reincarnation)

and well, assume level 6 with 750 hp... if it lasts (im thinking 30 seconds all levels, cause even if the hero doesnt die to the DoT, 60 secodns is a long time to have the buff)
and respawn time is 4seconds*lvl... so 24 seconds of 25 dps is roughly 600 hp.
to even have the ult, it will last at least 24 seconds

and if the enemy dies during the 6 seconds that lucius is alive, then he'll just die i guess

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:45 pm

To be completely honest... this ult isn't that great... I mean, it fits his theme, and it's a nice revenge kill, as well as being a decent skill, but it just seems like even if he does manage to get the revenge kill, he still loses out since his ult is effectively the only move in the game that *costs* gold to use, not to mention he wouldn't get exp for it.

Then again, maybe his other skills will make up for a sub-par ult? Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:04 pm

I'd have to agree with you, From.

The current Lucius had a great synergy with all his skills, but this ult, while fluff-relevant, doesn't really seem to fit. I'm not saying it's bad, but all his other skills sort of rely on him being alive and doing a high amount of DPS.

In other words, why do you give damage reduction and ms/as as passives to a character whose best skill is to die? He's not a suicide bomber >>

Plus, he doesn't get anything in return for dying. Loss of gold, no experience, and you set yourself up to be ganked if teams take advantage of the dot.

Say 2 heroes gank you and the ult triggers. One of the heroes is going to call all the other heroes to come nearby so that it can be a gang-rape of lucius when he respawns.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:10 pm

well, i could make it so the killer of lucius doesnt gain gold untill eithe the buff runs out or lucius revives... exp would be the much harder thing to do...
or alternitivly, i could make lucius gain back the lost gold if he revives from his ult... but again the exp is hard to do

and on the topic of exp for getting the kill, pathfinder and vidi dont get exp for kills they make with their ults if the kill is outside the range, and same thing applies to any unit that can kill someone from outside the 1k range.

the usefulness of this ult is being able to possibly cut a huge chunk of spawn time off the timer, as well as a quick jump back into the battle if you got killed by someone with relativly low hp.

and while i agree with u from and gly... i can see some benefits to the ult.
as a dps hero, his worst counter is being killed, removing his ability to farm. this ult allows him to drop some if not most of the revive time, where he can then use his +ms, and damage reduction skill to get out of a potential gank situation.
i could also make the DoT have no buff/effect, to make it less noticable.

edit: and as a dps hero, he needs gold alot more than he needs exp, so i think its ok to just drop the exp gain from the kill, but give him back the gold if his ult kills someone (thus gaining gold for the kill, and regaining the gold from dying, while the target loses gold for being killed, and loses the gold he gained for killing you)
edit2: however, if u guys have suggestions for other potential changes, im open to them XD this was just an idea i was toying with for lucius, and i think it fits him pretty ok

edit3: >.> and while were on the subject of lucius... i was thinking, seeing as his innate is really powerful... we do this instead:
same stun effect, same range, possibly a higher cooldown... but damge like this: deals damage equal to .5agi * int, dealing less damage the farther away the hit unit is from lucius.
this way it scales into late game, doesnt suck completly early, but no longer does like 250 aoe damage every 6 seconds.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:33 pm

I like your edit suggestions.

Don't get me wrong, I can see uses for this (set up Lucius to be ganked, then gank the gankers; the obvious revenge kill; allowing a creep to kill you at low HP to respawn at max (though with the timer that could be a bad idea); generally allowing you to be more aggressive), so I wasn't saying it was all bad, but the regaining gold lost thing will definitely make it much more worthwhile.

For edit 3, Is that supposed to be addition, or is the way you wrote it right?
If the former, then it's too weak, but if it is the latter, then that's actually a lot more powerful Razz
I mean, pretend he has just 30 agi and 15 int: 0.5*30=15*15=225
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:57 am

Hmm. that formula might want to be elaborated upon.

What do we do with the current armor skill? Do we want to incorporate a passive damage resistance into it or keep the same skill as an active and give it this passive effect?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:00 am

oh shit! i meant plus not times XD
.5agi + int

yeah, and another thought that occured to me on my way home...
celestine has a revive skill, how does that fit or help her do her job? (tank/dps)

and at gly:
originally, in the TT, the armor of shrieking souls allows lucius to use the effect of the 'doomsiren' spell.
and the 'eternal' skill is just from his fluff...
so what im thinking about doing is moving armor of shrieking souls to his innate, giving it the innates current effect (and possibly making it better for each time his ult kills someone?), moving dance of slaanesh to a regular skill (toning it down *alot* of course) and giving him a new ultimate 'The Eternal' (the skill we are discussing right now)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:02 am

Heh, sounds good to me.

The innate aoe skill doesn't scale, though.

Level 1: 15+15 = 30 damage
Level 11: 30+20 = 50 damage
Level 25: 70+30 = 100 damage.

Might need to make the formula scale too.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:07 am

oh, well i hadnt actually done any numbers Razz i just through out some random ones... so how about agi + 2xint?
or is that too much?
if so, prolly something like .5agi + 1.5int

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:14 am

Looks good to me.

Now to dance.

How to nerf it?

Reduce duration? Make the damage of the skill come not from attack but other factors?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:15 am

im thinking make its duration something like .8/1/1.2/1.4 Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 am

Let's see. An attack every .34 seconds, so that's not too bad.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:31 am

well.. asuming that... making .8 => 1 does absolutly nothing XD

so make it last .7/1/1.3/1.7? so 2/3/4/5 attacks? (effectivly a delayed 2/3/4/5x critical?)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 pm

That could work.

So essentially he looks like this:

Same innate concept, diff numbers/name.

1st skill: Toned down dance
2nd skill: damage reduc
3rd skill: IAS/MS buff
ult: The Eternal

Is that right?
If so, my *only* problem with him now is that he just became even more passive than before.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:27 pm

i know, but going from a cast-and-forget damage reduction to a interesting-and-possibly-workable-with passive doesnt make a huge change in how hes played... (and we could even make lash of torment active Razz)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Instead of damage reduction, should we give him a stun or daze of sorts? Make him a fully offensive character?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:31 pm

well, all units that attack lucius lose 1 attack (TT) work with that Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Ok. Let's see what he can do.

A weapon skill 7, Initiative 6 Monster. He comes with a 5+ invulnerable save as well as the Armour of screaming souls. For each save Lucius passes in close combat his foes take a Strength 4 hit with no armour save allowed in return. His lash of torment removes 1 attack from an enemy facing him, allowing Lucius to dice his opponent with his power sword. Lucius also carries a Doom Siren for Longer range work.

For lash:

Every 4/3/2/1 seconds, an unit that attacks lucius in melee range will be stopped in its tracks and struck back for 25/50/75/100% damage?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:00 pm

hmm, that could work.

units that attack lucius will be target by the lash of torment, strangling them for 1 second, then suffer a counter blow from lucius, dealing 50/60/70/80% of the damage
(its not 100% because it has to trigger on attacks. its not possible to differenciate between attacks and spells)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Ah. Sounds good to me. What's the cd on the skill? .34 secs?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum