I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

We should have a community to do list.

Go down

We should have a community to do list.

Post by Glycine on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

I know everyone's busy, but I think it'll be helpful it if we form a large list of things we feel need to be accomplished with the map. I'll start with my list.

Glycine

1. Fix O'Shassera up to completeness.
  2. Make Vulkan complete as well.
  3. Find a way to combine Melee and Ranged Hive Tyrant.
  4. Implement the scaling down of armor and weapons.
  5. Try to not use Lucius too much. *failed*
  6. Think about the Tyranid mode and how creeps will spawn around the map.
  7. Think about the following abilities/bonuses for implementation: Silence, Blind, Acid DoT, Fairie Fire.
  8. Figure out a better way to organize taverns: Item orientation is confusing now for new persons. *started*
  9. Devise a method to standardize and organize each hero for quick lookup.
  10. Review more heroes and find more changes to make in each one.
  11. Start cleaning up the clan list so we have more people online. *started*
  12. Find coders who are proficient and like the map so we can release more often. *Hardest task*
  13. Organize the forum a bit, so it's neater.
  14. Persuade Grass to fix spelling and grammar on tooltips and around the forum.

That should be enough for now, at least for me.

Last edited by Glycine on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: We should have a community to do list.

Post by 13loodRaven on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:46 am

One thing I will add to that is before we implement any more heroes into the map, we need more hero models, such as fateweaver, fuegan, keeper etc. Maybe even insert custom sounds for the units. I think you could import these directly from DoW.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 pm

content > cosmetics where its not needed. (keeper is fine as is, a custom model is not really nessesary, only increasing the already fairly large mapsize)

as to gly's list (ill ignore the personal gly-only things):
isnt the armor weapon scaling down done? pretty much?

for nid mode, i would need to make an ai... or at least some sort of basic 'attack others' trigger. like, giving the neutral creeps vision of the entier map, and give the 'nid neutrals' for the mode 9999 acquisition range so they will auto acquire enemies... that could work. and i just change the current creeps into the nids... theres a start Razz

what do u mean about #7?

and how would u suggest organizing the items? Razz
no matter what we do, its gona take some time for new players to figure out where stuff goes... but at the moment, the basic items are on the right, and are organized from: combat, misc, stats, consumable. the shops are named Razz
and for recipies, again shops are named... and are: powerful weapons, weapons, armor, accessories, powerful accessories....
i really cant think of any better way to organize this XD

and same for the heroes. what do u mean?

ewww clan pruning XD
i can start on that when life is les busy

and im slowly working on organizing forums XD i could use some help with that

and give me a list of tooltip errors, and i will fix Razz

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 pm

For items, I honestly think one of those pop-up tips in the beginning (you know, the things that tell you to check the channel/site) explaining how to use the -b system would be enough.

Nobody has trouble with it once I explain how that works.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm

#7: As in making up items that have the fluff to back up a silence or blind ability.

For organizing items, we should rearrange the spawn point positions and make the lineup of item sellers horizontal rather than diagonal. The problem with the current models is that each store has a small icon and people innately can't tell the difference between the basic item shops. I always get questions like where's a Mech or a Master Crafting and there's no set organization so far to help people clue in or to grow a set of eyes and look.

If I could change the imperium's spawn point, I'd move the taverns to a point where both teams can see them and we only need 1 set of taverns for the game, not 1 set for each side. That'll give us more room. Additionally, we could get rid of the circles for each person, unless you plan to do something with them, because all they do now is take up space.

Using this space, I would move all the sellers to the top and left sides, giving them larger models and perhaps make them buildings (It's easier to tell the hierarchy of buildings because of their size.) I would move some of the misc. items to accessory recipes, changing names and adding items for each respective recipe and combine the misc. and combat shops into one if possible to reduce confusion.

As for the armor and weapon scaling, it's not the stats but the number of items in each set. We don't need three armors for each path, only two at the most, because people just instantly upgrade to the 2nd tier of armor when they have the 1st due to the cheap cost.

Standardizing heroes is what we do in balance discussions among the whole community, but we need to get onto that more and possibly continue nerfing heroes to reestablish parity.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 pm

oh! i get it now! Razz ok, that is also possible too. and the circles are there to provide something that lets u use the taverns, cause they need a unit to let them be used... but i can fix that.

ok, so... find a spot where we can put the taverns, and have both teams start with vision of them, clearing up space from both spawn zones, and remove the circles.
then move the shops so that the recipes and accessories are completly sperate, like basic were circles were, and recipes where taverns were (just an example). make all shops slightly bigger so they can see what models represent what kind of item, and possible find better models for the more obscure shops.
and i can make the units just as big as buildings if u want Razz and currently the advanced recipe shops are bigger then the not advanced ones.

and combining misc + combat items is a bad idea imo. because well... one is only good for combat, and the other is for other things like regen, and speed. and i thought we were going for *easier* understanding Razz so splitting into combat and other is easier then everything in one shop is it not?

and oh yeah, i agree on the scaling thing Razz but really its more of an armor issue than anything... cause... power armor to artificer gives u like... +2 str XD
the only thing i can think of in the weapons line is maby the choppas... and maby the manaburn stuff... but singing spear gives +lots of str, so that makes it different enough, and secrets gives u lifesteal, so also diff enough.

and yeah, too bad balance discussions isnt more active eh? Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Coding lessons?

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Well, if nothing gets posted in the balance discussions, then there's nothing to comment on Razz

Anyway...

Personally, one thing I like about the circles is that it allows you to see your allies' gold/honor, which I find kind of neat, even if no one else uses it.

However, I have seen people put items in their circles, thinking it's an item safe spot like in DoTA.
Fromundaman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 am

If maybe grass could type up a post showing the basics of JASS coding, not much but just a few things to get started on eh?

13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 am

lmao. there are actualy jass toturials on TheHelper.net
and im a shitty teacher XD

and yeah, circles are a reminant of the copy-dota days XD so they serve no real purpose.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Yeah they do but its quite confusing Very Happy

13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum