I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[recipe][two-handed weapon] Warp Talon

Go down

[recipe][two-handed weapon] Warp Talon

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Warp Talon

takes:
-bonesword (4350g, 2 honor)
-spirit stone (1600g)
-bionics (1650g)
-recipe (850g, 5 honor)

total: 8450g, 5 honor

gave:
+15 damage
+16 int
+6 str
+4 regen
+100% regen
Catalyst

Warp Talon - [Two-handed Weapon]

"The product of experiments attempting to seperate
Tyranids from the Hive Mind. This weapon gained
some trace synapse powers, while being able to
compeltly shut off psykers from the warp."

gives:
+20 damage
+20 int
+10 str
Catalyst
Sever

(Catalyst: Passive, Aura. Nearby allies gain 75 hp, and 3% ias and ms for each 10% missing life. Killed units become invulnerable for 1.5 seconds before dying)
(Sever: Active, Target. Silences target unit for 6 seconds. Target loses 5 mana regen, and the bearer gains 400% mana regen)
note: notice the affected units on the talon's catalyst as oppsed to the bonesword's (bonesword: allied creeps, talon: allies)
note: Sever's mana regen modification lasts 6 seconds. it has a manacost of 150, and a cooldown of 35

Original Suggestion:
Spoiler:
Talon of the Warp

An Adeptus Mechanicus developed this item over decades of Tyranid encounters and were only able to complete it due to the "donation" of a Zoanthrope from the Deathwatch. Using arcane technology, the Deathwatch and Adeptus Mechanicus were able to isolate the Zoanthrope completely from the warp permanently, opening up a fiery debate among Inquisitors whether or not this development could be a potential weapon against the Tyranids. A prototype device has been developed for testing in the field against warp-reliant entities, such as Eldar, but the effect seems to be temporary at best. Regardless, the potential this weapon could one day prove fruitful.

Provides the following bonuses:
15 intelligence, 20 strength, 20 damage, 100% mana regen and the ability to cast a silence that lasts for 6 seconds as well as an upgraded Catalyst as a passive effect. For every 10% life a unit loses, they gain 20%(10% for heroes) of their attack. Additionally, non-hero units do not die until 1.5 seconds after the killing blow.

Made up of:
Bonesword: 600 g, 2 honor
Power Weapon: 1500 g
Psychic Link: 1000 g
The Bonesword is a weapon often wielded by Hive Tyrants in special occasions where the Tyranid presence is greater. It expands the synapse range of the Tyrant, enabling it to better control the innumerable swarms of Gaunts around it. In addition to providing greater physical power, it also spurs the creatures around it to fight harder as they near death, making the Tyrants invaluable to the collective organism that is the hive mind.
Provides the following bonuses:
7 Intelligence
15 damage
Catalyst: As units around the user suffer damage, they are compelled to fight harder and faster. For every 10% damage suffered by a unit, it gains 10% damage and attack speed as a buff.

Spirit Stone: 1450g g (5 damage, 8 int, 100% regen)
Metabolic Enhancements: 950 g (+200 hp)
Bionics: 1550 g (8 strength, 4 regen)
Recipe: 1500 g, 5 honor

Total cost: 8550 g, 5 honor

Last edited by Glycine on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [recipe][two-handed weapon] Warp Talon

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:47 pm

i dunno what to think about this one... the actual weapon is great for casters, but seems kiinda bland.
and the effects from bonesword to talon dont match up. (catalyst is a great skill, u might not want to lose it for talon)

and talon is missing the str from mech, and regen from spirit Razz i understand the str might have become hp... but that still leaves mana regen

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Bumped.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:53 pm

i love how u get 11 str from this 1k recipe XD

i would prolly switch out the str for mana regen but looks good... even tho it might have too many abilities. max of 4 on items

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

Updated. Is it good?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:57 am

looks good. did you update the prices of all the items?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:04 am

Not yet, but they should be more or less the same.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Updated with new prices. Is now more expensive than Tyrant's Claw.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:50 pm

holy fuck expensive XD
looks good tho

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:18 pm

and 3 seconds is a bit too much i think
maby 1.x?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Updated. Made the catalyst on talon a bit more powerful to help creep damage more.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:52 pm

much better

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Going to move this to items in the Dev. Forum.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Err, Grass. The name was meant to be Talon of the Warp. Just a small detail.

Also, you make the item absurdly powerful. THINK ABOUT BALANCE, before you start putting effects on items.

You do realize you give units 675 extra life, at the very least, with Catalyst. Any summoner will just maul with this item. Not to mention one can heal units back to full, so they can keep gaining life. And if you'd like to specify allied *heroes*, then explicitly state so, instead of implying through "allies".

And then there's bonesword. 450 extra life to allied creeps? Do you realize the implications of that, Grass? Do you? I know you'd like to see a game with fun and perfect gameplay, but please look at the effects you give before you write them down and think if they would be even remotely balanced.

Why did you feel the need to give them extra life? I could see AS/MS, but life? It does fit the fluff of Feel No Pain, but it's a very dangerous path to walk down.

And you kept the silence, but supercharged it. 400% regen? Really? So if I go stacking regen up to 600% with Zoey and pump another 400%, I could regenerate 100+ mana a second for 6 seconds, not to mention silencing a unit for that duration and doing a grand total of 30 mana to that unit. >>

If you're going to rewrite the entirety of the item, then at least tell the maker what you're doing. >>

Last edited by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Does it bother you? Razz ill change it back of it does.
But, IMO, warp talon sounds better than blank of the blank

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Warp Talon actually sounds like something Chaos-derived. also, see rant.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:17 pm

You Mis understood the effects. Its flat HP. Not HP per missing %.
And I don't specify heroes cause saying nearby allied creeps and heroes is so much longer than neaby allies. And text space on items is very dear.
And ability text works the same way, allied creeps allied heroes or allies. Its just that people may beethinking in terms of the bonesword when looking at this item

400% for 6 seconds... Ill math that when I get home because I forget manaregen per int.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Why would you even bother giving allies 75 hp? It's a piddling effect and one that makes no sense.

Text space on items is dear, but if you don't explain it properly here, people are going to misinterpret.

Pretty sure it's 1 int and 0.05 regen. So equal to 24 seconds of 100% regen, except much better in a short time frame.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm

so with 100 int, you get 20 mana per second... 120 mana from this effect.

the +hp is more an effect for creeps than anything, its a small bonus to heroes, yes, but it is something.

EDIT:
oh, and to me, Talon of the Warp sounds just as chaos-y

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Why would you bother giving such a trivial something? It's not explicitly needed for the skill to function, especially since you changed it so much from the original intent.

Yes, AS/MS does increase overall DPS as damage does, but had I wanted to give MS and AS, I would already done so. (This means you have to convince me why 20% damage is worse than 3% AS/MS.)

Also, you have to give a rationale for why Sever has the effects it does. I understand the mana degeneration a little, but the 400% regen?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:29 pm

because ranged creeps gain an additional 25% life, and melee creeps gain an additioanl 15% life, and any strong aoe nukes no longer one shot ranged creeps, and aoe nukes no longer 2 shot melee creeps.
its a small bonus, but it increases the survivability of a wave. Especially against other creeps.

as for your damage, you complain at me about numbers, yet you were giving 20% damage per 10% lost.
gogo 180% bonus damage

also, catalyst edit: in TT /edit doesnt gave *any* offensive bonus. so neither damage nor ias/ms should exist there.
however, if you look at the previous codex, it allowed them to strike at their initiative weather they died or not. which was a pseudo initiative increase.
Initiative co-relates better to attack/movespeed than it does damage.
I can move it back to damage (provided i lower the numbers of course Razz), but fluff-wise (4th ed version), ias/ms fits better.

and there isnt really a fluff explanation as to why it gives mana regen >.> I guess i was thinking Orchid's Malevolance when i was typing up this item.
So how about i remove the mana regen, and change it to -400% regen on the target instead of -5.
(btw, the numbers are low beacuse its not intended to be a manaburn/leak/loss/whatever... its supposed to lower/stop mana regen)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down