A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+)

+4
Veigar11
ChangerOfWays
Grass Hopper
Glycine
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+)

Post by Veigar11 Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Yea something to power them up like a blacksmith in ladder almost, upgrades
Veigar11
Veigar11
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Shadow in the Warp approaches... (.46+)

Post by ChangerOfWays Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm

so when we looking at this comming out? i cant wait for it now!
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:03 pm

the title is misleading Razz
it should read .46+
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 am

Ok so we should now start working on this? (Recommend new topic) So we can fluff out nid stats, creeps, heroes and buildings.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 am

Grass has currently started on it when he has spare time. I'll chip in what I can tomorrow.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 pm

ive started writing out some code already (note: not typing out) and ive gotten the initial stuff down.

and i think for the heroes, they should just have access to whats in th nid tavern, and i can disable that one for the rest of the players
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:47 pm

i think that nid mode should wait untill we actually have 5 nid heroes in >.>

(that can be the content of the .47/.48 patch, nid heroes and nid mode)

because it seems almost silly to add nid mode when there are only 2 nid heroes to chose from
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 pm

we didnt throw in the tyrant yet? or the broodlord dude?
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:49 pm

nope XD so far its just zoey and the fex in for nids
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Nobody fixed up my Biomorph Tyrant and made it functional? I'm disappointed in all of you. Especially you, Grass.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Heh, we were going to, until the swarmlord came out. We could still very well make it, should we still need characters for the tyranid tavern.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:05 pm

and with the direction of going after named heroes instead of generic ones... he kinda got pushed to the side a bit
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Well, lets try to focus on some nid heroes. I would love to see this hacked out. You want to talk about something to seperate us from DoTA, then look right here.
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:16 am

Note: These are all cell's ideas, and as such, all questions are directed to him. I added polish here and there, but not too much.

Player allocation: 4 Imp, 2 Nid, 4 Ork

Tyranid Objective, Early-middle game: Capture creep camps by defeating them.
- Small creep camps spawn terma/hormagaunts
- Medium creep camps spawn Gargoyles and Raveners
- Large creep camps spawn Tyranid Warriors and Lictors

Forest spawns attack their respective bases, so a spawn on the imp. side would attack an imp. outpost. If creeps capture an outpost, they move towards the opposite factions outposts like normal (i.e. capturing a imp side (north of the river) outpost makes the outpost nid spawns go towards the orks. River outposts spawn enough to go both ways equally.

Tyranid Objective, end game:

Capture Lane and Base outposts leading to either of the two bases. Surround and overwhelm all enemies. If a faction is defeated by the tyranids, the tyranids take their base, a tunnel is activated near the newly captured HQ, and more evolved tyranids spawn occasionally from the HQ, like Zoanthropes, Carnifexes, Biovores, Harpies, etc. Hive Guard are stationed at each newly captured outpost. When one HQ goes down, all spawn shifts in the direction of the other HQ.

If defeated heroes wish it, they may try and fight with the orks against a greater menace, and are drop poded into their base and made allies with the ork faction (or vice versa). Each hero chooses whether or not to ally themselves and fight on. Otherwise, the game ends for that player.

The Surviving faction gains extra reinforcements/defenses to deal with the overwhelming nid assault. Their main HQ's start spawning Predator (or Leman Russ if we ever change waves to guardsmen)/Looted Leman Russ accompanied by Terminators/Flash Gitz. Tanks do aoe damage. Outposts start spawning added Sergeants/Nobs. The main HQ and outposts receive aoe specialized towers.

How to kill the Nids: Kill the Norn Queen, presently located where Mannoroth is. The way to get up there is via a randomly placed tunnel in one of the creep camps that the Tyranids capture. Several other objectives must be complete, such as the razing of creep camps, capillary towers, and other Tyranid items of interest, like Spawning Pools, before the Norn Queen becomes vulnerable to attack. The Norn Queen also has a formidable retinue.

Creep camp interconnectedness: All creep camps captured by the tyranids are interconnected via a tunnel system. There are also tunnels that only become available at certain points in the game, like capturing a main HQ. Using the space in the bottom left as a staging area for transfers, Tyranid heroes can jump from tunnel to tunnel across the map.

If the Tyranids take a main base, all creep camps are upgraded.

Items for Tyranid heroes: Using a bio-evolution system, heroes will unlock items as they grow in level, and be able to modify items with gold/honor as soon as they are unlocked. All items are already on the hero from the start.

For example, if Zoey started with Carapace Armor, she could evolve traits that increase her power over the warp, giving her intelligence, mana regeneration, etc.

The level lock system is as followed:

Level 1: Armor
Level 4: Movement
Level 8: Weapons
Level 12: Synapse/Aura
Level 16: Specialized weapon for each hero.

If the Tyranids take a main HQ, both heroes gain a special, rare adaptation, an experiment that the Hive Mind wants to try out, the details of which will be decided later.

Last edited by Glycine on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:24 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img196/7108/nidmode.jpg

Heres that tunnel stuff. The nubmers aren't exactly where the spawns are, just the general idea of them.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:17 pm

sounds good.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:34 am

If you're going to do this, you'll probably want to use the pre-load thing. It'll give time for people to input the command to change the entire map, and then for all the triggers and stuff to re-load. Otherwise... TOTAL LAGFEST!
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:41 am

<_< You mean like EotA does, where it lets you choose which map you want to play on in a menu before your able to choose anything?

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:02 pm

It would give an excuse for the long-ass load time? Very Happy
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum