A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

The One who lives Beyond I_vote_lcap63%The One who lives Beyond I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
The One who lives Beyond I_vote_lcap38%The One who lives Beyond I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
The One who lives Beyond I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

The One who lives Beyond

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The One who lives Beyond Empty The One who lives Beyond

Post by DeusMechanicus Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Deus's build:

Spoiler:

Current Build:

Stats:
Strength: 21 + 1.7
Agility: 17 + 1.7
Intelligence: 23 + 2.7

Range: Melee (150)

Innate: Lunacy [Passive / Cast]:

"A useful tool, the darkness haunts all mortal minds. Only the strong survive."
Effect(s): The Outsider's uncontrollable and unstable state of mind can breaks the foundations of reality and spreads like wildfire to all units around it.

- Passively applies one counter to all units around it every second.
When a hero has 15 counters, it will become stunned for 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 seconds. Creeps need 7 counters for this effect to proc. Every time this effect procs, all enemy units around the affected unit within the AoE range get one counter. Has an internal cooldown of 6 seconds, meaning that no unit can be stunned again within that period.

If the passive effect of Lunacy procs when the affected unit has the Touch of the Outsider debuff, any other debuff present will spread as well to other units.
Range: 500/600/700/800/900/1000
Mana Cost: 50/80/110/140/170/200
Cooldown: N/A

Skill 1: Harvest's Call [Summon]:

"We serve the Outsider, we are the "Emissaries of Insanity" (see below)."
Effect(s): Summons an Emissary. Emissaries run around the Outsider and are unselectable, with no attack. Max of 1/2/3/4 Emissaries.
Range: Self
Mana Cost: 100/110/120/130
Cooldown: 30/26/22/18 seconds.
----
Emissary of Insanity:
Emissaries are a part of the Outsider, split from his body. They are anathema to logic, reason, and sense. No laws of physics apply to them, no pattern defines them. They represent chaos, yet are apart from the warp. To cull the galaxy of life is their only purpose, to feast their only joy.

Soul Harvester[Passive]
"We serve The Lord of Insanity, reveling in madness, harvesting the insane."
Effect(s): Any enemy or allied unit that dies within an Emissary's AoE is harvested, adding 8/12/16/20 mana. The Outsider gains half of this mana as well. May gain up to a max of 50/100/150/200 mana (see "Hysteria's Release" below).
Range: 400 AoE
Mana Cost: N/A

Hysteria's Release[Passive]
"What is the quickest way into a mortal's mind? The skull."
Effect(s): When an Emissary reaches its max mana, their presence is fully unleashed on other units, causing them to lose their minds. Units affected will run away in fear for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and will take 50/100/150/200 damage. Additionally, all enemy units receive the Dementia debuff, losing -5/10/15/20% MS, 10/15/20/25% ATK, and 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0% of max mana per second for 4/6/8/10 seconds.  After this, the Emissary's mana resets to 0.
Range: 500 AoE
Cooldown: N/A.

Skill 2: Insanity's Presence [Active]
"A being of pure insanity. Who is sane, who is insane? Who decides?"
Effect(s): All units within the AoE have a 10/15/20/25% upon every attack to do that damage to themselves, instead of the targeted enemy. Also (same percentages) that spells cast in the AoE will backfire, silencing the caster for 1/2/3/4 seconds and burning mana equal to 1/1.5/2/2.5 times the spell's cost. If a unit has the Touch of the Outsider debuff, all percentages are doubled in chance. [Thus, 20/30/40/50% chance]
Range: 300/400/500/600 AoE
Mana Cost: Costs 1/1.5/2/2.5% Mana per Second
Cooldown: Is a toggle spell.

Skill 3:
Hopelessness's Touch[Passive][Aura]
"Despite their dreams and aspirations, the flickering flames of mortals are snuffed by the faintest of breezes. The Outsider's presence merely amplifies the grim reality of battle, all the pain, suffering, and fear that runs rampant."
Effect(s): Inflicts the "Touch of the Outsider" debuff. This debuff will affect the impact of the Outsider's other skills upon this unit.

- For every debuff in addition to Touch of the Outsider, a unit will take 1/2/3/4/5/6% more damage. Additional, when a creep, allied or enemy, takes damage near the Outsider, that damage will be amplified by 5/10/15/20%.
Range: 450/500/550/600/650/700 range
Duration: N/A

Ultimate: Illogical Labyrinth [Cast]
"A sliver of hope, a million inverted geometries, whose mind can survive?"
Effect(s): Creates an area where no sane person can continue to think and where all minds pale in comparison to that of the Outsider. The Outsider creates a dead zone into which no unit can attack or enter. If within the zone, all creeps fall under the control of the Outsider and can be controlled as if he were a puppetmaster for the duration of the skill.

Heroes too are affected, but for much less time. Channels for 1/2/3 seconds, where the Outsider cannot take any action, but the skill lasts for 6/9/12 seconds. Creeps are affected for the whole duration, while heroes are affected for 2/3/4 seconds. When the skill ends, all enemy units lose 10/15/20% of their health and mana and have their health and mana bars switched as well as all regeneration negated for 10/15/20 seconds.
Range: 400/500/600 AoE
Mana Cost: 20/30/40% of the Outsider's maximum mana.
Cooldown: 250/210/170 seconds.

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 pm; edited 15 times in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

The One who lives Beyond Empty Re: The One who lives Beyond

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Okay, so screw the Adeptus Arbites, just going to make this into my Outsider build.

Have most of his skills worked out in my head, just too lazy to type up them up right now.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm

so i like the flavor text Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:12 pm

<.< I personally like how he describes what the skills do in great detail.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:33 pm

DeusMechanicus wrote:Have most of his skills worked out in my head, just too lazy to type up them up right now.

I personally like how you are incapable of reading a simple sentence.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm

I PERSONALLY LIKE WHERE YOUR LAZY and Still totally like the very detailed descriptions given (I read it. Just fuckin with ya. QUIT BEING LAZY AND PLAYING ME2)

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:26 pm

I'll update it eventually. And I already beat ME2, now I can focus on other things with only minor distractions as I replay it with a different character.

Anyway... See? Already got acouple of the skills up.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:56 am

Now MAG is killing my free time. Played it for 8 hours straight today.. And Alien vs Predator comes out next week.. X_x.. I still need to work out his ultimate and find something to use for Lunacy, or some replacement skill. Suggestions welcome.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:09 am

I really like the dark aura around this hero, he can be a taint upon the aos. (In a good way). Lunacy could be some sort of DoT spell, that is effective if the units dont have too much intelligence. Units that survive the DoT can become insane and turn hostile to everything around it.

Illogical labyrinth could maybe render the players controll over his hero useless, eg; Clicks left, uses an ability, uses an ability, runs back to base etc. (Random effect) How long it should last for idk, but maybe if the hero has high int, the player has better controll, if its someone like bloodthirster well theyre stuffed.

Only some suggestions mind you, I feel for you Deus, I spent a decent amount of time filtering through the DLC for DA. Smile
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 pm

(again, if your still around)
did you see this thread deus?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:00 pm

So I wrote this up as part of one of my tests, but it should go out into the public domain now.

Stats:
Strength: 21 + 1.7
Agility: 17 + 1.7
Intelligence: 23 + 2.7

Range: Melee (150)

Innate: Lunacy [Passive / Cast]:

"A useful tool, the darkness haunts all mortal minds. Only the strong survive."
Effect(s): The Outsider's uncontrollable and unstable state of mind can breaks the foundations of reality and spreads like wildfire to all units around it.

- Passively applies one counter to all units around it every second.
When a hero has 15 counters, it will become stunned for 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 seconds. Creeps need 7 counters for this effect to proc. Every time this effect procs, all enemy units around the affected unit within the AoE range get one counter. Has an internal cooldown of 6 seconds, meaning that no unit can be stunned again within that period.

If the passive effect of Lunacy procs when the affected unit has the Touch of the Outsider debuff, any other debuff present will spread as well to other units.
Range: 500/600/700/800/900/1000
Mana Cost: 50/80/110/140/170/200

Skill 1: Harvest's Call [Summon]:

"We serve the Outsider, we are the "Emissaries of Insanity" (see below)."
Effect(s): Summons an Emissary. Emissaries run around the Outsider and are unselectable, with no attack. Max of 1/2/3/4 Emissaries.
Range: Self
Mana Cost: 100/110/120/130
Cooldown: 30/26/22/18 seconds.
----
Emissary of Insanity:
Emissaries are a part of the Outsider, split from his body. They are anathema to logic, reason, and sense. No laws of physics apply to them, no pattern defines them. They represent chaos, yet are apart from the warp. To cull the galaxy of life is their only purpose, to feast their only joy.

Soul Harvester[Passive]
"We serve The Lord of Insanity, reveling in madness, harvesting the insane."
Effect(s): Any enemy or allied unit that dies within an Emissary's AoE is harvested, adding 8/12/16/20 mana. The Outsider gains half of this mana as well. May gain up to a max of 50/100/150/200 mana (see "Hysteria's Release" below).
Range: 400 AoE

Hysteria's Release[Passive]
"What is the quickest way into a mortal's mind? The skull."
Effect(s): When an Emissary reaches its max mana, their presence is fully unleashed on other units, causing them to lose their minds. Units affected will run away in fear for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and will take 50/100/150/200 damage. Additionally, all enemy units receive the Dementia debuff, losing -5/10/15/20% MS, 10/15/20/25% ATK, and 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0% of max mana per second for 4/6/8/10 seconds. After this, the Emissary's mana resets to 0.
Range: 500 AoE
Cooldown: N/A.

Skill 2: Insanity's Presence [Active]
"A being of pure insanity. Who is sane, who is insane? Who decides?"
Effect(s): All units within the AoE have a 10/15/20/25% upon every attack to do that damage to themselves, instead of the targeted enemy. Also (same percentages) that spells cast in the AoE will backfire, silencing the caster for 1/2/3/4 seconds and burning mana equal to 1/1.5/2/2.5 times the spell's cost. If a unit has the Touch of the Outsider debuff, all percentages are doubled in chance. [Thus, 20/30/40/50% chance]
Range: 300/400/500/600 AoE
Mana Cost: Costs 1/1.5/2/2.5% Mana per Second
Cooldown: Is a toggle spell.

Skill 3:
Hopelessness's Touch[Passive][Aura]
"Despite their dreams and aspirations, the flickering flames of mortals are snuffed by the faintest of breezes. The Outsider's presence merely amplifies the grim reality of battle, all the pain, suffering, and fear that runs rampant."
Effect(s): Inflicts the "Touch of the Outsider" debuff. This debuff will affect the impact of the Outsider's other skills upon this unit.

- For every debuff in addition to Touch of the Outsider, a unit will take 1/2/3/4/5/6% more damage. Additional, when a creep, allied or enemy, takes damage near the Outsider, that damage will be amplified by 5/10/15/20%.
Range: 450/500/550/600/650/700 range
Duration: N/A
[/quote]

Ultimate: Illogical Labyrinth [Cast]
"A sliver of hope, a million inverted geometries, whose mind can survive?"
Effect(s): Creates an area where no sane person can continue to think and where all minds pale in comparison to that of the Outsider. The Outsider creates a dead zone into which no unit can attack or enter. If within the zone, all creeps fall under the control of the Outsider and can be controlled as if he were a puppetmaster for the duration of the skill.

Heroes too are affected, but for much less time. Channels for 1/2/3 seconds, where the Outsider cannot take any action, but the skill lasts for 6/9/12 seconds. Creeps are affected for the whole duration, while heroes are affected for 2/3/4 seconds. When the skill ends, all enemy units lose 10/15/20% of their health and mana and have their health and mana bars switched as well as all regeneration negated for 10/15/20 seconds.
Range: 400/500/600 AoE
Mana Cost: 20/30/40% of the Outsider's maximum mana.
Cooldown: 250/210/170 seconds.

Last edited by Glycine on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 am; edited 10 times in total
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:40 am

Hmm. First, what do you mean one of your tests?

Anyway.
Innate: isn't it kind of useless for it to affect creeps? Cause they aren't controlled anyway The One who lives Beyond Icon_razz
Also, you can either remove or drastically lower the internal cd. It can't affect a single unit more than once every 180/135/96/63/36/15 seconds anyway. (I suggest you look over those numbers btw).

That's all for now till I get home
edit: ok so. i have a few issues, and first, i would like you to tell me a few things.
how does the summon *actually* contribute to the theme/role of the hero. they have no skills of their own to contribute, apart from just passively casting madness on units. it feels very forced. (note: if they do something once the mana is full - i think its a good idea - make them do their own thing, not just free-casting the outsiders other spells)
so how do the summons contribue to the role and theme of the outsider.
(these guys bother me the most in the skillset)

the ult: right off, an aoe charm seems more fitting for the deviever than the outsider, but oh well.
i like the null zone idea, and i think you should focus more on that and possible effects than a charm, imo.
and i dont like the forced synergy at the end. (if they are reduced to gibbering idiots at the end cause of the experiance, again, it should have its own effects, not just free-casting the outsiders other spells)
also, just to nit-pick: you say no units can enter the zone, but units in the zone are charmed.

now, the innate... the passive and the active arent even related.
my suggestion would be to somehow make touch of the outsider its own skill, with some new effects (but keep the amplification of his other skills on the touched unit, just make the touch itself do something)

also, he has ZERO damage potential. none of his skills deal damage, or increase damage taken. (thorns doesnt count, cause its not the outsider dealing the damage). so he can contribute *very* little to the team. he has a minor slow (40 ms is around 13% slow, and if its 40% slow, then redo all of the numbers cause 40% for 10 (22) seconds is too too much), and some debuffs.
i like the madness/chaos theme, but, imo, he doesnt seem like he would be very effective when it comes down to any sort of battle. It just seems that he would be a minor annoyance in battle, without contributing any real influence to it.
this can (maby?) be fixed when the ult and the summon are adressed, with a possible addition of other effects in touch of the outsider

(minor things Razz)
-why the % of max mana manacosts? Razz
-just a random thought here, when you learn etheric madness, he should get both the mania and dementia skills, with independant cooldowns. either that or etheric madness should be a small aoe skill instead of single target.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:17 am

Grass, you do realize I simply took Deus's build and gave it details. I didn't change any of the core skills, because those were his ideas. I don't know if he'll be back to defend his build, but I would rather him explain the role of his summons because I can't read minds. I didn't choose the skills, I just fleshed them out. ^^; So please wait for Deus if you're going to critique the skills rather than the details behind them.

And that test thing is nothing.

Actual comments when I have time.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:18 pm

well, this build has been mostly up for a long time anyway XD
its about time i really commented something on it

(and btw, i *know* the ult is not what deus was thinking about Razz)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 am

It's not really useless for it to affect creeps because of how the spreading mechanic works. If a hero has 8 creeps around him, and they all reach their threshold at the same time, that means that hero not only has 8 counters but will receive 8 more from each of his units. Since counters don't decay, heroes will find themselves stunned more than they would like.

At the end-game, when there are 40 creeps surrounding the outpost, one could keep a hero in permastun just by stunning the creeps around him and watching the chain reaction go, if there was no internal cooldown.

Summons:

Their role is to give the Outsider mana for his spells and also do periodic damage. Changed quite a bit, though.

Ult: The Deceiver has his illusions, unless you would rather switch the two ults and have the outsider create like 50 illusions.

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:58 am

i didnt think of the spreading at the time Razz i was thinking of the loss of control (that it was)
and techncailly, for each 15 counters a hero had on him, they would all be removed, thus not stacking stuns if there was no cd Razz

anywho, i like what youve done.

just a ntoe tho, touch of the outsider cant stack on level 1 and 2 (and thats the only way to deal damage right?)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 am

Uhm you might want to update the first post dues Razz
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:15 pm

that was gly's post Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Yes, Touch of the Outsider won't stack, but what do you mean that's the only way to do damage?

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:27 pm

nvm, i thought buff meant only touch of the outsider's buff.

also, what have you done! Razz i can only assume that you arent done, because hopelessness is still talking about emeseries
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:27 pm

I fixed that Razz
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm

bleh, ok.
i liked ehteric madness Very Happy

also, it still suffers from the same two-skills thing as the old innate Razz
(also, new innate, its not possible to just give units buffs without casting a spell, and its not possible to get the origin spell for a buf, so its not possible to transfer buffs)
and again, if a skill modifies all other skills, it should be the innate, and if a skill relies on another skill, it should be the innate (or rely on the innate) so you dont waste skillpoints on a skill that isnt as effective just cauyse you havnt leveld another skill

if you want my suggestion, move hopelessness and touch of the outsider (As two seperate skills) back to the emissaries, and bring back etheric madness.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Auras are buffs, no? If Lunacy was a debuff aura, I'm pretty sure it would give debuffs... >>

And if I gave Hopelessness and Touch as separate skills, they would have to be passive auras, because Emissaries are unselectable.

I only removed the buff portion from Etheric Madness, the debuff is still present. I didn't think it right that he could buff units, when C'tan in general don't do that. They're very self-focused, mortal erasing beings. They tear down, rather than bring up.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm

they are o.o
when did that happen?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:51 pm

I change a lot of things very quickly without telling you, so you have to reread my build occasionally to make sure that the facts still remain.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum