A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Disable Lane command? I_vote_lcap63%Disable Lane command? I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Disable Lane command? I_vote_lcap38%Disable Lane command? I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Disable Lane command? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Disable Lane command?

4 posters

Go down

Should there be a "-Disable Lane x" command?

Disable Lane command? I_vote_lcap73%Disable Lane command? I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 8 ]
Disable Lane command? I_vote_lcap27%Disable Lane command? I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Disable Lane command? Empty Disable Lane command?

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm

should i do a -dl (this command name is subject to change) to disable individual lanes. Instead of using only top or only bot, we could use this command. it would allow for more flexable games, and wouldnt punish low-populated games. cause 3v3's suck with 5 lanes.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Disable Lane command? Empty Re: Disable Lane command?

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:12 pm

because the vote is in, its going in.

now, im assuming were all good with a simple "-dl x" where x is a number from 1 - 5

when entered after 15 seconds, a ping will appear at the center of the lane that wants to be disabled, and a vote will start (much like the current -only top/bot) command.
before 15 seconds, it will just be disabled

lanes are numbered 1-5 from left to right (bot to top)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 pm

This command isn't actually in the game yet, right? xD

Just wanted to make sure. Also, it would have to separate hireables.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:37 pm

it will be in the upcomming version, but isnt implemented yet
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by starsteam-lol Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:26 pm

We need to delete shit.

starsteam-lol
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh my lord, it's starscream.

*rushes to your side and proclaims you the new Messiah*

Not really. xD How have you been?

And delete what? Razz
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Wow. Only posting on this because steam did. I thought stuff happened lately but as thus it did O_o lulz. Serves me right for being tired.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 pm

But yeah, Grass, this poll has been up for.. a year, almost. Can we do something about it? Is it so hard to write this command? Actually, let me rephrase that. We can badger you all we want, but you're the only one who has the power to do something about it.

I, personally, want to see a little more organization in terms of updates. How did this fall between the cracks and not get implemented? Yes, it's minor, but it's also a relatively easy fix. We're not your babysitters, Grass, picking up the loose ends as you go along on your merry way. If you're going to be the creator, start acting like one. You code, yes, but you're the leader of the clan. It's up to you to set an example. It's up to you in the end to make sure people's voices are heard.

People like Cell and I are merely expendable. We vomit forth ideas and criticism like it was our own breath. It is not our prerogative as moderators to perform all the other tasks for a creator but code. We host games, we play games, we interact with far more people than you do on a weekly basis. If you are busy, then there's nothing we can do, but hope you make the most efficient use of your time. If we leave, well, other people can replace us. It's not hard. And you don't seem to really care about making up your own background for skills and heroes, regardless, so we aren't really needed.

Not to mention you keep the whole community in the relative shadows as to your progress on the map, save when something actually comes out. For example, now. Can any one member of the map know what you're coding or trying to code right now? Supposedly Shadowsun will come soon, but Farsight still needs balancing. Or are you working on what's causing stuns to fail in-game randomly?

The point is, it's impossible to hold you accountable for anything. If you're busy, you're content to not come on or utter a word to everyone else. If you're busy, why don't you think like a leader and delegate? Maybe you don't have the time, but other people do, if you ask them specifically. You said to me, during one of my long-forgotten rants, that you don't expect me to do anything. So do you expect anyone in this community to do anything?

How do you expect to recruit people if you're not willing to interact with them in the community, take a part in what they want to do, hear what they think about the game, and try your best to help them if they ask questions or post comments?

You're avowedly asocial, Grass. It takes bitching to get you out of your lair, and as soon as the bitching stops, you run away as fast as you can to code. Are you so busy with life that you really can't take the time to comment on a hero? Or are you stuck in "single-minded, I only care about what I'm doing" mode?

Just because you're the only coder doesn't give you the ability to ignore all your other responsibilities as a creator. You're the leader of the clan, and your ability to captivate people is pitiful. You haven't once asked us to do anything specific and expect us to read your mind. If you really cared about recruiting people, you would advertise for it on B.net, taking the time and effort to reach out to people. Even after we talked about it and you thought it would be a good idea, you have not once tried since our conversation about recruiting.

And though we have come by new members, what do you do with them? Do you ask their opinions? Do you care about what's happening to them? Do you take a vested interest in them and what they can do for you? Or do you view them as expendable slots, only good for filling up games?

Bottom line: If you do not choose to engage the community, this map will never be finished, ever. You cannot expect to form a camaraderie with everyone if you spend every waking moment coding, and there is so much work that does not involve coding. Heroes, items, modes, bases, neutral creeps, the list of possible ideas go on and on. So I ask you to start acting like a leader, so we can work more smoothly, quickly, and retain our members, which has not happened.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:18 pm

/endrant

allways remeber to close your tags!

Glycine wrote:But yeah, Grass, this poll has been up for.. a year, almost. Can we do something about it? Is it so hard to write this command? Actually, let me rephrase that. We can badger you all we want, but you're the only one who has the power to do something about it.
yes, actually, in the current system, it would be very complicated to write up the code to disable a single lane.

I, personally, want to see a little more organization in terms of updates. How did this fall between the cracks and not get implemented? Yes, it's minor, but it's also a relatively easy fix.
No, its really not an easy fix. You leave the decisions on what is easy to code or not up to me, k?
If it was "a relativly easy fix" I would of implemented this a while ago. As it is, with the current lane system, I don't quite know how to go about implementing this.
And so because its such a minor functionality, and not many people would use it, I don't bother wasting my time implementing it.
We're not your babysitters, Grass, picking up the loose ends as you go along on your merry way. If you're going to be the creator, start acting like one. You code, yes, but you're the leader of the clan. It's up to you to set an example. It's up to you in the end to make sure people's voices are heard.
People tell me things, I listen, and contrary to popular(your) belief, I do make changes based on what people tell me.

People like Cell and I are merely expendable. We vomit forth ideas and criticism like it was our own breath. It is not our prerogative as moderators to perform all the other tasks for a creator but code. We host games, we play games, we interact with far more people than you do on a weekly basis.
And you do a very good job of that. Thats what I need most about you guys.
If you are busy, then there's nothing we can do, but hope you make the most efficient use of your time.
I am very busy. Remember my schedual? school-work-home+exhausted. I get maby 2 hours a weekday, and half a day on the weekened to myself.
Considering that, I feel I make pretty decent use of my time.
If we leave, well, other people can replace us. It's not hard. And you don't seem to really care about making up your own background for skills and heroes, regardless, so we aren't really needed.
...yes? I don't see how any of this applies to anything.

Not to mention you keep the whole community in the relative shadows as to your progress on the map, save when something actually comes out. For example, now. Can any one member of the map know what you're coding or trying to code right now? Supposedly Shadowsun will come soon, but Farsight still needs balancing. Or are you working on what's causing stuns to fail in-game randomly?
I don't have a planned list of what im working on beyond the current version. This list gets added to as I play games. I do not have a prediction of what is coming in the next however many versions. All I know is whats comming in the current version, and maby some vague ideas for the next version. Anything that im working on is put in the Current Beta Thread.

As to specific examples. Shadowsun will come soon. After I finish farsight. I would be finished Farsight if we actually had a beta test. As it is, the last time I was on, YOU were the one that said "lets not beta test". Even though I had farsight fixes (since last played beta) and auto balance fixes ready.
Auto balance is tested and bug free, as much as I can test in single player.
And I Imported a new stun system, that at least works, to replace the old one that was causing the bugs.

Or did you really think I would let farsight go untested and let a buggy stun system for most stuns in the map stay?

The point is, it's impossible to hold you accountable for anything. If you're busy, you're content to not come on or utter a word to everyone else. If you're busy, why don't you think like a leader and delegate? Maybe you don't have the time, but other people do, if you ask them specifically. You said to me, during one of my long-forgotten rants, that you don't expect me to do anything. So do you expect anyone in this community to do anything?
What can I delegate? most, if not all, the ideas are already on the forum, at a point where they are at least decently complete, finished, and ready to go.
The only thing that remains is for me to implement the tens of ideas floating around the forum.
Which no one can help me with.

How do you expect to recruit people if you're not willing to interact with them in the community, take a part in what they want to do, hear what they think about the game, and try your best to help them if they ask questions or post comments?
Have you checked the clan recently?

You're avowedly asocial, Grass. It takes bitching to get you out of your lair, and as soon as the bitching stops, you run away as fast as you can to code. Are you so busy with life that you really can't take the time to comment on a hero? Or are you stuck in "single-minded, I only care about what I'm doing" mode?
Do I need to comment on every hero? No. Its not my responsibility to help people make their heroes. Yes, it helps them feel appriciated, and more often than not will give them a false sense of hope, unless they are making one of the heroes that is planned to get into the game.
I have more imperial suggestions that i know what to do with. There will never be enough time or space to implement the however many suggestions currently in this forum.
And for the most part, I do comment on heroes. Of the last howevermany suggested heroes (mostly by you, cell, or deus), I've commented, suggested, and tried generally to help out.
however, I'm not as creative as you. Unless I see glaring errors, I usually don't have much to say on any particular hero. And a generic "looks good" does absolutly nothing to contribute to a hero.

Just because you're the only coder doesn't give you the ability to ignore all your other responsibilities as a creator. You're the leader of the clan, and your ability to captivate people is pitiful. You haven't once asked us to do anything specific and expect us to read your mind. If you really cared about recruiting people, you would advertise for it on B.net, taking the time and effort to reach out to people. Even after we talked about it and you thought it would be a good idea, you have not once tried since our conversation about recruiting.
Clan leader responsibilities and Creator responsibilities are vastly different. Btw.
Again, have you checked the clan in the past little while?
And when I need something from you guys, I ask. I don't expect you to do anything, because therse not a whole lot you can do that isn't already done.
All I need is for you guys to comment on things, and post feedback. and I do tell people that when I invite them to the clan.

Btw, how do you propose i advertise on b.net?

And though we have come by new members, what do you do with them? Do you ask their opinions? Do you care about what's happening to them? Do you take a vested interest in them and what they can do for you? Or do you view them as expendable slots, only good for filling up games?
yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Bottom line: If you do not choose to engage the community, this map will never be finished, ever. You cannot expect to form a camaraderie with everyone if you spend every waking moment coding, and there is so much work that does not involve coding. Heroes, items, modes, bases, neutral creeps, the list of possible ideas go on and on. So I ask you to start acting like a leader, so we can work more smoothly, quickly, and retain our members, which has not happened.
Except for risidual balance, the map can be considered finished. It was finished as soon as it had enough heroes and didnt crash every game. However, I continue to develop it There are differences.
Quite frankly, I'm not invested in forming a camaraderie with my clan. I'd like to think im not abusing/misusing them, and I'd like to think im friendly with the clan, but my goal isnt to be their freinds. Its to develop the map. I'm a terrible leader/boss figure. So I leave "being the face in the community" to you guys... You, Cel, Deus... the mods and more active members.

Also... heroes, items, and modes need coding.

And also, also, I quite disagree with your thoughts that the map is either stagnating or losing popularity (I know you didnt specify, but I know thats how you feel. If its not actually how you feel, ignore this, I'm sorry).
The map popularity is actually going up in recent times. I can come home almost always to a game going, and a game or two had been hosted before that.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum