I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

List of Imperium Balance Changes for .46

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: List of Imperium Balance Changes for .46

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:13 pm

it does, what was wrong?

and the veil of time, almost makes it sound like hes slowing time down or w/e... make the skill off the concept, not the game rules.

i like the aoe slow everyone keep the libby normal Razz

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Chaplain has been bumped.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:01 pm

its edited gly Razz

bumping is bringing a thread back to the top of the list by posting>.>

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm

i like most of your chaplain suggestion Razz

death before dishonor... i dont like the +ms, cause it lends itself too much to an escape skill because of it. and he already has his jetpack for chasing (blink = best chasing skill ever, no need to increase his ms)

and giving him damage reduction on the ult then damaging him is largly counter productive.
unless you do a kinda DoT... cause he feels no pain that his enemies inflict, but the rage is slowly consuming him...

and he already has a ms/ias boosting aoe, why give him a second in the ult?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:17 am

Oh, don't give me bumped vs edited. The new skills have been fleshed out now, and the fluff can be made up at any time for them.

Hero next up on the list, Pathfinder (unless Cell wants to do it, in which case Stern will do).

Stern actually works very well as a hero. A little too well, though, as he rapes a lot of things and doesn't die all that often. That being said, I'm leaning towards changing Aegis to an area denial skill around Stern. For a duration, units cannot walk into an area. If units are already around Stern when used, they will be forced out to the edge of the barrier. Any enemy spells cast on targets within the area of effect do not have any effect.

Otherwise, there are little number tweaks here and there, but Stern's set.

As for other heroes that need changes... Typhus's Reaper and innate, Mistress's clones on outposts, Fuegan's uselessness/boringness in general, Carnifex as noted, Flayed One's OPness through skins, and more to come.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 pm

umm, on his ult... dont u think its a bit much giving him +% damage on his death before dishonor And an insane amount on his ult?
i would suggest maby adding armor to death before dishonor like you said earlier, and then removing the +% damage on his ult, but make him deal damage based on (str/agi) when he procs the knockback, and possibly give the affected units a chance to knockback too

anywho, ive already posted you pathfinder remake ideas in the dev forum

i like that idea on the aegies... but perhaps make it only block units with mana (pretty much the same thing... but more fitting to his theme, the fluff... and allows him to get in there and use his ult when they are drained.
and for saying his already powerful, then remaking his aegies into an AOE version of what it is now... way to tone him down Razz

and typhus's innate is fine >.> maby a little powerful but thats numbers, the manreaper needs to be rethought
clones vs outposts is not fixable imo.
fuegan is powerful >.> wasnt i you that was complaining that he was super op? Razz
fex is getting there
and skins need to be nerfed

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:44 pm

The new aegis would be an active skill with a cooldown longer than what Aegis has now. And all units have mana, grass. xD So it'll block quite a few of them, the exception being some summons.

But I'm not entirely sure if you understood what I was trying to get at with the new skill to replace Aegis, so I'll tell you in person.

Chaplain updated.

Typhus needs number checking, Manreaper will come soon. It'll probably be an active skill though, enabling him to one-hit creeps with a percentage based on how many stacks of rot they possess in an arc in front of him.

Fuegan is like Chaplain. Stale-ish. Additionally, I feel like Feel No Pain needs a remake of sorts. It's in that realm of being good and bad at the same time.

I see what's happening to Fex, and Skins do need a big nerf.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 pm

aegies: aoe null zone... units cant enter, and spells dont affect allies inside.
the active/cd part would work i guess.

and i mean have current mana, so units with less than lets say 5 mana would be allowed in
cause if you use the skill, you pretty much cant use your force weapon or your ult

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:30 pm

and you just really really confused me with the ending part of the ult.
and i did mean that your allies can also knockback enemies >.>

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Oh, I see what you did there. I thought it would be something like Echo Slam, but instead it's just that my creeps can knockback too. Will adjust accordingly.

Also, the skill to replace aegis is as followed:

Sanctuary: Many psykers can throw up a psychic shield that protects them from malign influences, and the strongest in faith can even conjure temporary wares around their companions through which the Daemon cannot pass.

Sanctuary is a psychic power that may be used at the beginning of the psyker's turn. Daemons may not move within 3" of the psyker for any reason - they treat this are as impassable and cannot draw line of sight through it. Daemons already within this radius are pushed directly away from him until they are 3" distant, and must retain unit coherency if possible. This can effectively end a combat. Any Daemon that enters play within 3" of the psyker whist he is using Sanctuary is automatically destroyed. The effects of this power lasts until the psyker moves, shoots, or uses another psychic power, although he can fight as normal in close combat.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm

ah, right. i forgot about sanctuary.

but yeah, thats what i had in mind.
but i still think it should only affect units with more than 5 current mana, keeping the fluff that daemons (Warpness, im stretching it a bit) cant enter, but normal units can.

and using this skill makes your ult/crit useless, cause you cant get near to enemies while its up.

hmm... what if it made him ranged while using this cause he is useless for attacking while its up?

just some ideas

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Well, grass, consider the potential uses of a skill that not only pushes units away from you, but keeps them away from you. Allows you to take outposts, saves you from pesky heroes, and can shield friendly heroes from other enemies. For these reasons, it's better to keep all units out at least for the purpose I have planned.

And normal units have 100 mana. Plus, it's not doing its job if you allow a Karandras with no mana to come in on wail on you. He's not supposed to be attacking nor attacked when he uses Sanctuary, for that's what it is: It shields him and all units within. It also fits his style well, because he's not a hero who is able to deal with large masses of creeps.

This skill would be my only change to Stern. He has his role and he does it well. What he can't do, he really can't do.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:01 pm

fair enough

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 am

Lol, I think I buffed Stern way too much. Go check it out. I made Nemesis's Crit scale with Strength and Sanctuary basically screw over casters.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

yay! tldr tooltip on sanctuary Very Happy

umm. ok so. re-explain that plox.

and nemasis looks good, %'s might need to change but eh, numbers. the added aoe damage works too (the aoe damage shouldn't burn mana, yes?)

and the ult. each time a unit is hit with a blast, it checks their current mana, max mana, and does (max - current)*.3 damage

fuegan:
umm... stats are ok.
and i think FNP might need a concept remake... or do you think just a numbers nerf would be fine?
and also, thats kind of the point of FNP, smaller weaker attacks are far less effective than larger more powerful attacks. >.>
but i do agree that its a bit much atm

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 am

Update. Section on Fuegan updated. Will continue thinking about him, though.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:27 am

Well to be short, Fuegan will always be an insane dps tank, nomatter how much nerfing you churn into him. That is of course his role no? Glygly, man your idea could work, depending on the factor. Of course the same effect could be kept if it just deals a critical based off his attack >.> talk about an understatment, why complicate things if you dont have to?

+edit+

I see dps as damage per second. That can be fit into the role at the massive amount of attackspeed fuegan should have lategame. 200+ damage every .7th of a second is a burn. Truly.

Last edited by 13loodRaven on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 pm

blood... how is fuegan a dps?

edit: but i do agree with your assessment of fuegan should be hunting tanks and fortified targets.
i would not mind turning him into an anti-tank hero. (yay fex/stern/etc counter!)
as long as he keeps a nuker's theme... mostly

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:49 pm

too many things wrong with that fuegan XD
6x str? what if he has more than... 16 str XD

what do u mean by 25/50/75/100% of the damage that would be reduced?
doesnt that effectivly make it pure damage at level 4? which is like the complete opposite of having it reduced by armor?

somehow, an axe that makes him hit like a huge beast... allows him to make a ring of fire + stun ppl.

and apart from outside sources, how is the ults secondary effect supposed to activate? its not good practice to make a skill so dependent on others

and realistically, assuming im understanding this right, the ult punishes them for having low armor, but firepike makes high armor just as bad...\

edit:
and my rough idea:
keep fnp relativly the same.
firepike does more damage the more armor they have, possibly something like X + 10/15/20/25 damage per armor... get rid of the range/damage relation
fire axe would do a -armor/dot debuff active
crack shot would do something about % of max life... possibly add it to attacks... possibly make it an active... possible add damage to spells
tank hunters would add damage to his attacks and spells based on the enemies armor

rough ideas

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Updated Fuegan.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:02 pm

hmmm, for crack shot, as long as he has 3 active skills, keep it as a passive that adds % of max life to his spells, or else people will want to stack ias and go super carry >.>

and possibly merge fluff with tank hunters with the melta bombs and make that the third skill, keeping fire axe. altho, considering im not creative enough to come up with something, your old fire axe for sure didnt fit Razz but this one is kinda... boring XD
and counter productive with fire pike Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Heh, fine, you're creative. xD

He's a glorified Fire Dragon Exarch. I'd really like to reach into his fluff and either give him something about Haranshemash, the Rhana Dandra, or even something about the Fire Dragon path in general, but there really isn't much on him.

Would you rather him be able to switch weapons like Asurmen does? It would make for an interesting thought.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:16 pm

nah, i think hes fine as a ranged hero with a melee only active

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:48 am

Well fire dragons are geared to take down fortified targets... Maybe we can turn him into a tank with average ias, and merge the armour x'#' idea I had for truelais.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Added Rakel and Celestine.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down