A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_vote_lcap63%[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_vote_lcap38%[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Empty [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46)

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:53 pm

story:
The Eldar legend of the Doom of Malan'tai refers not only to the tale of an entire craftworld's death, but also to the abominable Tyranid creature that caused it - to the Eldar, the two are indistinguishable. The lament speaks of a Tyranid creature unlike any other, a beast that gorges not upon flesh and blood, but upon the very life-force of its victims. The Farseers speak of a devourer of souls, a vampiric leech that consumes every spark of like and every shred of psychic energy, leaving only death and soulless oblivion in its wake. To the Eldar, such a fate is considered worse than death.

stats: same

innate: warp field (toggle)
"Zoanthropes project constant psychic barriers to protect themselves, absorbing and deflecting incoming attacks. These mental shields are invisible but for a slight shimmer when small-arms and heavy-weapons fire alike patter harmlessly against them."
When active, blocks a % damage equal to the Doom of Malan'tai's intelligence at the manacost of 1/.9/.8/.7/.6/.5xintelligence.
Should the Doom of Malan'tai's damage block from this skill excede 100%, it will instead absorb the damage and be healed for the ammount blocked over 100%
note: fully toggleable, no cooldown

one: Warp Blast
same

two: Spirit Leech
"The Doom of Malan'tai feeds off the life-force of its enemies, cripling them as their souls are slowly pulled from their bodies."
Over the next 2 seconds, Enemies near the Doom of Malan'tai take damage equal to 50/70/90/110 + intelligence, are slowed by 25%, and increase the Doom of Malan'tai's intelligence by 10% of their own.
Enemies affected for more than one second have their magic resistnace lowered by 10/17/24/31%.
The Doom of Malan'tai loses 1% of the intelligence gained from this skill whenever he takes more than 5% of his max life in damage.
note: replaces psychic scream. units take the slow/damage/int drain over the duration of the wave, so units that are hit by the end wont take much damage at all, while units near the zoey take full damage.
*cosmetic, a green-tinted spirit tower missle will be pulled from the affected units and come towards the zoey.*

three: Absorb Life
"The Doom of Malan'tai absorbes the life-force of those it kills, supplementing its already formidible supply."
The Doom of Malan'tai gains max hp equal to 10% of the damage it deals, with a maximum of 1/2/3/4x intelligence max hp gained. The Doom of Malan'tai loses 1% of the hp gained from this skill when damaged by more than 1% of his max hp.

ult: Cataclysm
"Syphoning off a portion of its psychic strength, the Doom of Malan'tai can create a searing blast of destruction that destroys everything in its path."
Using 35% of its max life, the Doom of Malan'tai emits a wave of explosions towards the target point with each explosion dealing 10% of the life used plus .5Xintelligence as damage, as well as knocking enemies back slightly.
Enemies cannot be damaged by more than 5 blasts. Resets the bonuses gained from Spirit Leech and Absorb Life.
note: about 5-10 explosions per second?
example math: with 2000hp, and 100 int, each explosion will do (2000*.35*.1)+(100*.5) - or - 120 damage, with a max of 600 damage to a single target (which depending on how fast and far apart explosions come, might not happen too often)
gly's math: (2600*.35*.1)+(200*.5) = (91)+(100) or 191 damage... with a total of 955 damage
(much more reasonable, and thats only at level 25 with pretty much maxed stuff)

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 am; edited 7 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Empty Re: [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46)

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm

warp field is now a toggle manashield pretty much, but done slightly differently
warp blast is the same
spirit leech is the new psychic scream, but now deals the damage over the duration instead of when the units are hit, and now drains int
absorb life replaces shadow in the warp, and is a variation on lifesteal, but instead of adding to current, adds to max
cataclysm is the new catalyst and remains pretty much unchanged, but now has a cap on extra damage
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 am

I'll have a few comments to say in the morning.

And here they are:

Warp Field looks fine to me, although the potential exists to block 100% of damage, which is fine. I just worry about the field getting overloaded with flashlights and wasting mana in that way. Because to stop a flashlight takes significantly less effort than a giant axe.

Warp Blast has very handy effects, but the initial damage might want to be buffed and then any bonus damage from warp blasts after should go down.

Spirit Leech is an interesting skill to me. The Damage seems to be nerfed a lot, which is what made him so devastating at level 7, since a Psychic Scream + Catalyst was usually enough to do 80/90% of heroes' health.
Perhaps the Int. drain is meant to make him do more damage with his regular attack, but it really only applies to Warp Field (Once you hit 100, you're golden) and Absorb Life. In addition, flashlights can cause him to lose all of that int. instantly.

Absorb Life seems counter-intuitive. You give him a way to increase his max HP without any way to recover his current health. If you're in a ganking situation or even in 1 on 1 combat with a hero, and your current health is going down while your max health is going up, that just means you're going to die at the same rate.

And for Cataclysm, I feel that we could completely remake Catalyst for it. We could incorporate health and int. gains, and then have Zoey lose health as a result.

Psychic Strength is also a curious trait of Doom's, because perhaps we could relate his mana to his health? For example, unless Zoey's health and mana are completely drained to 1-2%, he doesn't die.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 pm

hmm... i guess your right about tons of creep attacks... but maby it either wont trigger on damage less than X (prolly something like 10/12/14/16/18/20), or the mana used is relative to the damage taken (but i dont really wanna make it just another manashield)

i dont want to buff the inital damage on warp blast cause of the really low cd.

leach's damage is nerfed because "Psychic Scream + Catalyst was usually enough to do 80/90% of heroes' health."
wich is bad >.>

and the int boost pumps itself, as well as damage and absorb life.
but perhaps i could make spirit leach real damage and warp blast int based... but im ok with how it is now.

and your right about absorb life... perhaps make it increase current/max?
so instead of going from 800/1000 to 800/1100, you would go from 800/1000 to 900/1100

psychic strength: hmmm... relating mana to life... hmm.... manashield... hmm.... warp field?
sorry, it would be too much redudancy to give him psychic strength and warpfield.

we could however rename warpfield to psychic strength, and change the effects around a bit

cataclysm:
the zoanthrope blah blah... uses life and psychic might blah blah...
costs 35% of max(curent? prolly max) life to use, sends a ripling explosion towards the target point, dealing life lost + int damage to enemy units.
resets the bonuses from spirit leach and absorb life

the mechanics would work kind of like the current catalyst, with the numerous explosions, each one dealing a portion of the damage, or perhaps just functioning as the graphic for the effect and make it like another line skill
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Is the mana shield at the cost of int or the cost of mana?

Does he suck intel. from creeps with Spirit Leech? Seems kind of weak if heroes are the only source of int and he can lose int very easily.

Gotta do your int. estimates better, Grass. xD

He gains 156 total (27+24*3.3+20 from innate+30 from items) without Leech.

So that means about 600 extra life, which then applies to the ult. Let's assume he's gotten 40 int from Leech for 200 total int.

2600 *.35 *.1 + 200 = 291 damage per explosion times 5 = 1455 damage. xD Now he rapes more?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:45 pm

but thats max damage that he can do really... with constand being under attack and stuff... hes only ever gona get about that much int.

but yeah, i can tone down the int damage

and mana shield is cost of mana
and only sucks int from heroes. and any sort of (semi)perma int bonus is awesome
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Grass Hopper wrote: and any sort of (semi)perma int bonus is awesome

See: Ahriman

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 am

thats what i was getting at Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm

starting on this

Warpfield:
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_11556_btn

Warp Blast:
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_8321_btn

Spirit Leech:
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_6760_btn -or- [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_2817_btn -or- [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_8321_btn*

Absorb Life:
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_7551_btn

Cataclysm:
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_10998_btn

*i would then need another icon for warp blast >.>

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Multiple damage events still kill warp field. Per Veil of Darkness, Toxins, etc, since each proc of damage will eat up his mana pretty quickly. You might need to check that out, again. xD

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:19 am

im fully aware of that gly, it fails vs small sources of damage for a reason.
he gets a bunch of extra max life from absorb life, and in an attempt to avoid nukes/heavy hits from completly making the skill useless, warpfield blocks higher sources of damage more effectivly than lower sources.

its up the the player to decide weather its a good idea to have it on or not
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:12 am

That's such a crappy reason, grass xD Have you seen how fast his mana goes down when hit with spells like that? He isn't even usable under such conditions. It's a worst version of mana field, because someone can exploit it to your disadvantage even with a Tyrant's Claw.

And a bunch of max life adds up to 2-5 hits end game, grass. Not a whole lot of life (600-800). It helps against nukers but no one who has an actual heavy auto attack. Since it's max life, not current life, it will be worn down quickly if he has no source of healing. Also, if any skill does more than 1% of his health and hits multiple times (see tyrant's claw), it'll nuke his max health as well, so you have a double whammy.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:08 pm

the post hasnt been updated in a while [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
bonus max life is lost before current life is damaged

i can either do:
Damage that is less than the mana cost wont be blocked
-or-
Warp field is only half as effective against damage that is less than the manacost, but does not cost mana to reduce that damage

so if hes got 50 int and level 1 innate... itll reduce all damage below 50 by 25%
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 pm

The first option exposes him to a variety of high damage, low hit attacks like..

Veil (Necron Lord), Toxins (Mad Doc! Shuts him down completely?), Nurgle's Rot, Skyray Assault, Stern's Holocaust, Celestine's Flames, Warboss's shockwave, Lucius's Dance, Ahriman's Ult (Though he should be immune to that..), Lord of Change's flamestorm, etc.

Also, any amount of damage under his intelligence will sneak under the shield, making it pretty useless.

The second option does take the sting out of a lot of the above options, but is potentially overpowering against those options just as well, since it can block much, much more without any kind of cost.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:32 pm

well, if 50% of the damage block is too much i can always say its a quater as effective.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grapes_On_Drapes Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:06 am

I'm reporting this for Gly - he claims that the Zoanthrope's ult doesn't work, for whatever reason.
Grapes_On_Drapes
Grapes_On_Drapes
Space Marine
Space Marine

https://www.youtube.com/guildmasteraq

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:28 pm

lol, cause the zoanthrope is mid-remake Razz

and before anyone gets on my case, i *never* said it was done
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Surprised We still get to get on your case since you didn't warn us that you had even started, either.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:21 am

hey, its a beta! things are work in progress Razz

and technically i did >.>
Grass Hopper wrote:starting on this
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:02 pm

FIX IT... Bitch!
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 pm

[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_11556_btn
[COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_8321_btn [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_6760_btn [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_7551_pas [COMPLETE] Doom of Malan'tai (.46) Icons_10998_btn
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Where'd you get those/ They look sort of like Eldarish, plus ET's face.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Hive workshop Razz
And there's a lack of alien Psyker icons Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:42 pm

I swear to god that looks like ET in the one with the face...
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:12 pm

its a human skull being drained of mana Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next