I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

>.> 2 new hero ideas, hope they dont sound OP. Edit them how you like will have more up soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

>.> 2 new hero ideas, hope they dont sound OP. Edit them how you like will have more up soon

Post by CrazyDemonNomz on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:08 am

I have some really nice ideas for 5 new heros, listed here with Name, base stats, spells,mana costs per level, innate etc. etc. Hope you like, post anything that you think needs changes. >.<
Toros Revoke-Base stat: Str
Ability 1: PsyAttack(or something along the lines) I was thinking some kind of red dagger that shoots over at the enemy.

Lvl1- 50 initial damage with a 1 second wander 75 mana
Lvl2- 75 initial damage with a 2 second wander 100 mana
Lvl3- 100 initial damage with a 3 second wander 125 mana
And so on and so forth in that pattern

Ability 2: Sheen Birds A swarm of silver birds swarm the enemy doing Damage Per Second.

Lvl1- .5 agil per second for 3 seconds 100 mana
Lvl2- .5 agil per second for 4 seconds 125 mana
Lvl3- .5 agil per second for 5 seconds 150 mana
And so on and so forth in that pattern

Ability 3: Radio Some Friends Calls in 3 units of varying characters to help you and your allies

Lvl1- 1= .5 str=Damage, Str x100= HP 2= .5 agil= damage, Agilx100= HP 3=.5 int=damage, intx100= HP
Lvl2- 1= .6 str=damage, strx105=HP 2= .7 agil= damage, Agilx110= HP 3= .8int=damage, intx120=HP
1st= STR + .1 str 2nd= AGI + .2 agil 3rd= INT + .3 int PER LEVEL mana cost increases 100 per level starting at 200 for level 1

Ultimate= Enunciation Use your knowledge of the Language of Creation to obliterate your enemies
Lvl 1= 10% current HP per second to all enemies in 500 yrds, hurting you doing 1% hp per second
Lvl 2= 20% current HP per second 600 yrds, -2% hp per second
Lvl 3= 30% current HP 700 yrds, -3% per second

Ravenor Int Based

Ability 1: Armored Chair
Lvl 1- armor by 2
Lvl 2-armor by 4
Lvl 3-armor by 6
So on and so forth

Ability 2:Possesion
Lvl 1-Possess an enemy hero for 3 seconds reducing their stats by 50% and turing them on the enemy
Lvl 2-4 seconds
Lvl 3- 5 seconds
So on and so forth

Ability 3: PsyCannons
Lvl 1-5 shots in a small area doing x1 int per shot
Lvl 2-7 shots, x1.2 int
lvl3- 9 shots, 1.4int
lvl4- 11 shots 1.6 int
lvl 5- 13 shots 1.8 int
lvl6- 15 shots x2int

Ult- Psy Form
Turns you into an ethereal red whisp
lvl 1 increases stats and magic damage by x2
lvl 2 incr stats and mag damage by x2.5
lvl 3 incr stats and mag damage by x3

CrazyDemonNomz
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: >.> 2 new hero ideas, hope they dont sound OP. Edit them how you like will have more up soon

Post by cellrawr on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34 am

First thing is your heroes both need an innate skill that has 5 levels. Your regular 3 skills have 4 levels, while the ult has 3.

Your first hero:

His first skill set the damage is really damn low for the mana cost on a strength based hero, but I'm not sure what you mean by the wander part so it might be more. The second skill set is also really low damage. Him even having 100 agility, which I think strength heroes can only get even near to at end game, would only being doing 250 damage overall. It would do pitiful damage throughout the game. Third skill set would have one of the summons being too good given you beibg a strength hero, with the others being average.

Second hero:

First skill is boring as hell. Second skill would just be overpowered in a base fight since the cannons and wave spawns would rip them apart easily with the reduced stats. The third skill is giving him pretty much Ahriman's doom bolts, with all of its current flaws. It hurts just way to hard. Especially if you combine it with his ult. Say he has 100 int. Ulting gives him 300, making each shot do 480 damage. With it being said to be in a small area if all shots hit the level 4 spell does 5280 total damage. And with the ult also increasing 3x magic damage, 15k hit.

Also, make seperate topics for seperate hero suggestions. The hero topic is moved to other forums if they are approved.

cellrawr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: >.> 2 new hero ideas, hope they dont sound OP. Edit them how you like will have more up soon

Post by Glycine on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 am

Innate has 5 levels, but you need to include the starting value, so you need 6 values total for the innate.

Also, could you include a story/description with your characters so that we might have more detail on them? Some of us haven't read the Ravenor series. xD;

Let the critique begin.

Toros:

So far, he has a nuke, a DoT, a summon, and an ult that does percentage of current life per second. And this is a strength hero? He needs a much better mana pool for the skills you've given him. Figure out what kind of hero you want to make him and then come back.

Ravenor:

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?? WHAT, NINE THOUSAND?!

Yeaaah, your psycannon spell tears the fabric of reality in its OPness.
First skill should be something interesting, rather than a simple armor or damage buff. Possession is potentially OP, as Cell alluded to. And Psycannon + Wisp form gives you a 30k damage nuke, which doesn't compute. He's obviously a caster, but what else is he?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyDemonNomz on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 am

D: you guys dont get that some heros are harder to play than others. For Toros DoT i forgot to put in the initial damage, and for the spells that end it says under them "And so on and so forth in that pattern" it means for every other level you just add the pattern on top of it. I know some sound crazy, like toros for instance, you need to use the listed spalls in certain occasions, so you dont oom immediately, Dots for Heros, Summons for Multiple heros, AoE for swarms, and the single target blind for catching runaway heros or for running away from heros. Ravenor is supposed to have less HP, another thing i over looked, and i know his spells might sound OP, read the topic title >.> and why did you just yell at me? Why didnt you suggest anything other than adding a description. If there is supposed to be any progression at all on these guys, and the ones im going to post as soon as i get back on the forums, then can you give me a little help? A lot of my other heros mught sound OP too, im not used to all the downgrading heroshappening in this game.

CrazyDemonNomz
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:47 am

Don't take our critique personally. We're just examining the heroes at face value.

And the reason I didn't suggest anything is because I know nothing about your two characters. How can I add anything to the skills when I don't know their abilities, story, or anything related to them?

I would certainly love to help you with them, but first I need to know the reasons behind the current skills they have now.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Just wondering ... Do these heroes have anything at all to do with Warhammer 40,000?
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:29 pm

They're from W40k novels by Dan Abnett, if you were curious. I haven't read them, though.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doomcowgod on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 am

Toros is some aide to a governor that knows words that break and make Reality, but kill you as you say them.

Ravenor is an inquisitor confined to an armored hoverchair who has massive psychic abilities and a twinlinked Psycannon.

doomcowgod
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:59 am

Well, I can be more specific. Please tell me more about Toros's first and third skill. What's a wander? Does the third skill only have 2 levels?

Let's give Toros 80 strength, 60 Agility, and 60 int and we'll use the level 1 skill.
Lvl1- 1= .5 str=Damage, Str x100= HP 2= .5 agil= damage, Agilx100= HP 3=.5 int=damage, intx100= HP

So all three summons has 40 damage and 8000 life. Might need to lower the multiplier on your health.

Level 2 then has: Lvl2- 1= .6 str=damage, strx105=HP 2= .7 agil= damage, Agilx110= HP 3= .8int=damage, intx120=HP

So that would be 48 damage and 8400 health for the first, 42 damage and 6600 damage for the second, and 48 damage and 7200 health for the third. Am I doing it right?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don't Cry?

Post by darthg10 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:23 pm

i think personally that the general concept for the heroes is great, but if you're going to suggest an idea, and then ask the Shamans to help you with it don't get emo and cry in the corner when they provide constructive criticism.

darthg10
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:33 pm

darth, if you dont have anything constructive to say, flaming the suggester isnt gonna help anything.

for the first hero, i think wander means like a neutral creep sheep... am i right?
and both heroes need an innate

but im with gly in that we need more info on these two, possibly a bit more description on the skills themselves as well.

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyDemonNomz on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Ok guys, nvm, i give up, this is just getting annoying, i make 2 heros and BAM, instant criticism. Just scrap the 2 heros. Im not even going to post the other 3 for fear of getting criticised even more. Oh yeah, and btw, if you do use the heros, which i hope you dont cause that would offset the whole freaking game, like most heros already dont do, just to throw in. So. Kthx bai.

Last edited by CrazyDemonNomz on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just because, no reason at all. I felt like it. Cant make a good hero without being criticised. I see a flaw on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING HERO. just to tell you guys.)

CrazyDemonNomz
Scout Initiate
Scout Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 pm

part of the hero making process is critisism.

*no* hero is gonna get implemented into the game without having gone through some refinement. and a large part of that refinement process is constructive criticism from other people that you can use to develop and improve your hero suggestion

im sorry you feel that you cant make your heroes grow

edit: RAGE!
blegh, if you think heroes are flawed, post suggsetions or tell us whats flawed about them, dont just rage about it in your hero thread

not to mention:
CrazyDemonNomz wrote:Hope you like, post anything that you think needs changes. >.<

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:05 am

I really didn't see any structural problems with your first hero, and your second hero was only bad because of damage multipliers.

Just because, no reason at all. I felt like it. Cant make a good hero without being criticised. I see a flaw on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING HERO. just to tell you guys.)

Yes, you can't make a good hero without being criticized. It's impossible. We see flaws on our all heroes too, you know. We know we can't make perfect heroes, but that's why everything changes in time. I'd like to apologize for apparently hurting your feelings, but everyone has to develop a thick skin sooner or later.

And if you see a flaw on all our heroes, why don't you tell us them?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 am

You can indeed make a good hero w/o being criticised. If its a good hero it shouldn't need criticising. Only suggestions should be needed.
Other than that I think the generel ideas of the heroes are great, keeping in mind that the forums are getting flooded with heroes, which is kind of annoying... Just as long as 1/50 gets through.
Just chillax and enjoy the experience, after all it is just a game.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Criticism is how you make better heroes. Ive made heroes for a different aos, and if I am allowed, Im going to post the website where the suggestions are one while they are still there. http://www.smota.smfnew.com/index.php?action=forum. From here go to the child board under 'Suggestions' called 'Hero Suggestion'. There you'll see alot of heroes with alot of replys. If you look at mine you'll see that they have alot of people telling me what is wrong and what is good. From those suggestions I made changes and made my heroes better. Some are better then others. But you need to crawl before you can walk. So dont jump into it and think everyone will love you ideas and give you hugs and cookies. But you should never give up even if they question your intelligence confused. And dont mind the spam bot... we seem to have picked up a spam bot on the dieing days of the forum.
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

13loodRaven wrote:You can indeed make a good hero w/o being criticised. If its a good hero it shouldn't need criticising. Only suggestions should be needed.
Other than that I think the generel ideas of the heroes are great, keeping in mind that the forums are getting flooded with heroes, which is kind of annoying... Just as long as 1/50 gets through.
Just chillax and enjoy the experience, after all it is just a game.

thats not entirely true.
the probability of suggesting a perfect hero on the first try is incredibly low.
and keep in mind that criticism - more often that not - is constructive criticism which is intended to help develop the hero and make it better
while very good suggestions get alot in the way of numbers changes and not a whole lot of actual conceptual criticism, no hero is immune to the possibiltiy of improvement

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am

Unless his name is Kandras. Suggestions settle better (people wise) hence, some people take critisism too seriously. Sentences beginning with "I suggest", or "This spell would be better if...". Aha! Being a people-person isn't useless after all!

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top