I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Master of the Watch Broken?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Master of the Watch Broken?

Post by Walder on Fri May 07, 2010 11:56 pm

So again I've been in the latest beta for the game. I'm cycling through each hero, scanning abilties and whatnot. Generally, I'm basing the strength of a hero on how fast they can beat the enemy, but I pay attention to other areas as well. So I'm going through the heroes, some I like, some I'm indifferent towards, others I don't much care for, but I suppose are decent enough to qualify for balanced. Then I try the Master of the Watch.

Now, after using four or five other heroes beforehand, all of which took at least 30-40 minutes to beat the enemy, I use the Master of the Watch and bam. 22 minute game. Five of those minutes were spent browsing items.

Now, I realize I was only facing off against creeps, not other heroes, but... I'm not so sure abilities that allow you to quickly summon up an elite guard and nearly destroy an entire enemy army in one blow constitute for a balnced character. I haven't used him against other heroes, so I'm not sure how he'd fare against one of them. Perhaps he was intended to be a base/creep killer? =/

Just reporting what I see. It may be worth looking into... >.>
Walder
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of the Watch Broken?

Post by Glycine on Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am

We've sort of been through this problem already with not just Cato. Commie, Pathfinder, Aun'va, Tomb Spyder, and basically anything that summons, is designed to push and push hard. It's because the armor types aren't fixed which would rather improve outpost's ability to kill infantry.

And against any dedicated agility hero, Cato is laughable when the crits start raining. Casters will also give him fits, especially if they have gank support.

Indeed, his honor guard will need a slight nerf or outposts will need a slight buffing, but that's fixable.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 am

yeah, in the new version, cato's getting a slight nerf in the pushing department, cause atm tis a bit much (the guard's damage is getting nerfed, and the orbital is getting split into 3 seperate blasts, widening the damage aoe, and reducing the damage buildings take from it cause they only usually get hit by one strike.)

also, the damage types vs armor types are getting *actually* done instead of having them how base wc3 was

but yeah, that is the real issue atm, pusher heroes are very strong

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Walder on Sat May 08, 2010 11:03 am

Grass Hopper wrote:yeah, in the new version, cato's getting a slight nerf in the pushing department, cause atm tis a bit much (the guard's damage is getting nerfed, and the orbital is getting split into 3 seperate blasts, widening the damage aoe, and reducing the damage buildings take from it cause they only usually get hit by one strike.)

also, the damage types vs armor types are getting *actually* done instead of having them how base wc3 was

but yeah, that is the real issue atm, pusher heroes are very strong

Glad I'm not crazy then. Thanks for hearing me.
Walder
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top