A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_vote_lcap63%List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_vote_lcap38%List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44

3 posters

Go down

List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 Empty List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44

Post by Glycine Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Cato: Still too strong a pusher, summons do too much damage, see current build.

Librarian: Veil of time is utter fail for a caster, Might of the Emperor alone does not make him a DPS hero, it instead makes him a great support for DPS heroes.

Chaplain: Knockback does too much damage, but is otherwise balanced well.

Sigismund: -armor aura again does not make sense, charge is now fixed, black sword also takes way too much armor for just gripping his sword with two hands. Otherwise is fine.

Stern: If stern has bubble up and units walk through it, they become magic immune for as long as stern has the bubble up. Fix using mana cost per second. Nerf mana drain aura a little, take away strength from nemesis weapon.

Celestine: Is unwieldy and lacks the attack speed to make use of her huge damage. Also isn't a prime candidate to be a strength hero, but rather an agility based with high strength.

Vindi: Err. Not too much with him. Yet.

Rakel: Lightning Arc spam is the single handedly most OP skill early and mid-game ever. Psychic drain thing does absolutely nothing. See Faire's Psyker.

Commie: Lowering the amount of troops he summons doesn't balance him fully, since he can summon lots of troops on the spot even as an outpost kills them. But he's much, much better than before.

That'll do for tonight.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 Empty Re: List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44

Post by Fairemont Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Yeah... see my psyker. He's pro. How a psyker should be.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 Empty Re: List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44

Post by Glycine Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Onto the Eldar!

Eldrad: Reduce the effectiveness of his mana return from staff, take off completely the damage buff from staff. Decrease the effectiveness of fortune and guide, by decreasing effects, increasing cooldowns.

Autarch: Fix the 60% slow from eye, reduce the mana cost from the ult significantly. Even when he's an intelligence character, it's impossible to use it for stretches of time, especially against characters who get mana shields or have internal forms of reduction. I feel that pride is a little underpowered, as well, because he has to string up multiple attacks, and he's too fragile to do that.

Avatar: Reduce the damage/armor from immolation, because it makes him impossible to kill early game if you're a melee character. He does 70-80 damage per hit, plus 30 from immo is too much. Other than that, nothing too noticeable.

Harlequin: I still need to finish up my build, but that can wait for .47. Nothing else needs to be changed besides an increase in the mana cost of her skills and a cooldown increase.

Fuegan: Is due for a remake. Enough said. FNP is way too good for him, and his skills are generally mixed between a nuker and a tank. Needs better refinement.

Asurmen: See remake.

Karandras: See remake. Before you entirely dismiss timeless spirit, at least try it out. If it doesn't work, then replace it with whatever you desire.

Tau:

Pathfinder has various bugs that need to be fixed, like vanguard triggering off something to give him infinite ms, no mana cost or restrictions on seeker missiles, and a better darkstar. The power of missiles is way too much at level 7 for pathfinder to have, which is why I pointed to the innate.

Aun'va: See remake.

Last edited by Glycine on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 am

just a note on the autarch: the ult only counts pure armor and magic resistance. any form of triggered reduction is ignored
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:38 am

So how would it interact with mana shield, for instance?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:42 am

ummm, manashield it would interact with, but no triggered reductions would affect it, only mana shield.
so whatever % that the manashield reduces damage by would be added* to multiplied with the existing resistance (physical or magic) of the hero

*i think its added, but it might be multiplied. manashield reduces the incoming damage before resistance, then the remainder is reduced by resistance.
so 10 damage (which is used in the determining of resistances by the trigger) would first be reduced by (lets say) 50% for the manashield, then the remaining 5 damage would get reduced by a heroes armor (say another 50%), so the final damage would be 2.5, the the game sees 75% reduction.
... i guess it gets multiplied List of Major Bugs/Problems in 0.46b44 Icon_razz

edit: as to pride being weak, ive never had a problem with that
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:46 am

One attack automatically reduces your armor by one, which is a huge deal early game.

And against a mana shield, 75 mana per attack or more is absurd, not counting other reductions. It probably wasn't that, but it needs more refinement.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:50 am

why would yo get a skill that boosts you *attack* damage early game and expect it to be good?

and 75 mana per attack to negate a mana shield? Razz and it wouldnt be per attack as they dont have the 75% resistance after the first attack.
its an orb that makes whoever you attack pretty much take pure damage from all sources for a few seconds. 75 per attack is a good cost for that Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:03 am

So basically he needs an effective team to prosper. Which makes sense, but is still hard to adjust to in-game, when you play with so many DLers.

Also, one issue I found was that if I issued an attack order, then changed modes, it would still make me try attacking in melee. I'm sure that's a blizzard thing, but it's really annoying.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:05 am

yes sadly, thats a blizzard thing. and i really wish i could fix it XD
but he remebers his melee attack order when hes ranged, so all you need to do is re-issue a ranged attack order

its annoying, but nothing i can do
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:15 am

Any other problems you note in the list above?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:29 am

a few Razz but ive taken down most of whats on there
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:30 pm

I'll probably finish the list some time tonight or tomorrow.

And what will you implement, exactly?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Updated Eldar and Tau, time for Disorder.

Void Dragon: Could we take int off his hold or at least make the intelligence fade over time? it's stupid how many stupid voids overuse it. The summons armor, health, and damage need a nerf, and he needs more background. He is a god of all machinery, so his ultimate should be something that disables towers or prevents spell casting, etc, etc.

Necron Lord:
One big thing is that the game allows you to stack the same skills with different lords such that 3 veils on a hero at level 7 kills everything. Might want to fix the stacking Razz

Resurrection Orb:

Major fixes needed. To be honest, I really don't like the look of immortals in game. They're not silver enough and throw off the whole scheme. Also, can we take out destroyers and heavy destroyers? They don't look the part and don't work very well either. Normal warriors shall do, I think.

On the passive, units don't revive according to the percentage you say that they do. The necron lord revives automatically with level 3 ult and level 10 innate. Let me repeat that: He does not die at all. xD If I would change it, I would shift orb away from a summoner and more towards a support function, i.e the resurrection of allied units and heroes.

At level 25, its harbringer effect should really do more. The spiders can't actively revive necron units (I tested this) and the scarabs give a nice regen aura, but their secondary effect is impossible to pull off. Lower the chance for him to revive off Orb to something like 20, make his mechanical units come back at like 30/40/50, and allow allies to revive at a 20% chance.

Solar Pulse: I'm still going to state that it needs a major buff. So what if units can't see their screen. They still have their mini-map to look at, and I would rather have them actually blind. Compared to the other two ults, it's almost awful. Again, instead of a slow, a chance for units to miss attacks and a changeup of movement controls.

Eclipse is cool, except it only applies to units when he casts it immediately near him. I would think it should apply to units he comes near with a lower duration and cooldown. If solar pulse got modifications during eclipse that actually work reliably, that would be even better. Solar pulse doesn't do anything to creeps even while it is global, and sometimes it doesn't affect globally at all.

Lightning Field:
Doing a percentage of max HP is a bad idea. I turned on the level 3 ult, and in 200 mana, I killed about 10-12 creeps that were attacking me. No melee hero can touch him when the ult comes up. Figure out another way to damage, based on the amount of damage done, rather than their total health, since no one can do over 500 damage. Learning staff of light after you get the innate to 10 and the ult to 3 takes away the harbringer active.

More to come.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 pm

just a quick question on lightning field.
what number would you propose then? if you change it to a flat number (cause it is a flat number in TT, str3 ap- wound)
edit: and yes i did get the rest of your post Razz im only commenting on this one change tho
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Make it damage based on how much damage was done to the unit. So units receive 30/50/70% of their attack damage back when they strike. If I have a unit with 2500 health and 150 damage, here are the calcs:

6% of life = 150 damage.
70% of attack damage = 105 attack damage.

It's much less effective against tanks and just as effective against high damage carries. Because he "should" be shifting to an intelligence character, to limit the damage WBB can do, and to account for the wide variety of spells he possesses, lightning field will help him, but not as much.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down