A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_vote_lcap63%[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_vote_lcap38%[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker

3 posters

Go down

[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker Empty [COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker

Post by mr_vespa Fri May 29, 2009 8:02 pm

GrassEdit(( same deal as the kommando, not final, but here it is... futher GrassEdits will be in green ))

After surviving the grueling trials of the Black Ships and mental conditioning, a few select individuals gifted in the art most consider a curse live on to become sanctioned psykers. Serving the Imperium through their awesome psychic might, these men and women are most often mistrusted and feared by their peers because of their unique abilities. However, none can deny the help they bring to the battlefield, however taxing upon their souls.

Primaris Psyker (or Sanctioned Psyker, w/e)

Primary stat: Int

Starting stats:
Str: 15 1.7
Agi: 17 1.8
Int: 27 3.3 3.0

Range: 600
Movement Speed: 305

Innate: Perils of the Warp (Passive) --> Unlike Space Marine Librarians, the Primaris Psyker is not protected against the horrors of the Warp when he taps into his psychic potential. In doing so, he may unleash a hail of power upon his enemies, or the massive influx of warp energy may fizzle and cause a backlash. Every time the Psyker casts a spell, he has 3/4/5/6/7/8% chance to refresh all his spells cooldowns. However, he also has a 15/13/11/9/7/5% that his spell fizzles, casting but also burning away an amount of mana equal to the spell's mana cost. Burned mana inflicts an equal amount of damage to the Psyker. (Both percentages should be low)

Skill 1: Lightning Arc --> Focusing his mind, the Primaris Psyker unleashes a wave of pure warp energy in the form of arcing lightning, jumping from target to target. Lightning Arc initially causes 75/100/125/150125/175/225/275 damage and jumps 3/4/5/6 times, causing slightly less damage with each jump. Costs 90/110/130/150 mana. 99/8/7/6 second cooldown.

Skill 2: Psychic Lash --> With a thought, the Psyker fills target's veins with the raw stuff of the immaterium, slowly crippling their forms and numbing their minds. Psychic Lash slows the target's attack and movement speeds by 20/30/40/50%35/40/45/50% for 3/4/5/6 seconds while burning away 302% of the target's max mana per second. Channelling. Costs 100/125/150/175125/150/175/200 mana. 2324 second cooldown. Casting range increases with the skill's current rank.

Skill 3: Nightshroud (Passive, Aura) --> The Primaris Psyker blurs his position from his enemies, obscuring their thoughts in order to conceal his allies' positions. Friendly units (including the Psyker) under the effects of Nightshroud are granted a 5/10/15/20% chance to dodge enemy attacks.

Ultimate: Strip Soul --> Reaching into the depths of his enemy's being, the Primaris Psyker attempts to wrest the life force from his target, utterly crushing it under his psychic might. Strip Soul deals 175/250/325375/500/625 damage and stuns the target for 1.5/2/2.5stuns the target and the Psyker for 1.75/2.50/3.25 seconds. However, this spell is extremely taxing and slows the Psyker's movement speed by 50% for 4 seconds. Can only be cast on heroes. Costs 225/300/375325/450/575 mana. 240180 second cooldown.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Feedback? Quirky remakrs? ALL WELCOME Very Happy
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker Empty Re: [COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker

Post by Grass Hopper Sat May 30, 2009 12:41 am

the ult is weak Razz just throwing that out there... but like it Very Happy
ill move this to suggestions for you Razz

EDIT: all of the damage values are low.. Razz u might wanna up them just a little bit... considering standard nuke damage is 300?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker Empty Re: [COMPLETED][HERO] Rakel - Sanctioned Psyker

Post by mr_vespa Sat May 30, 2009 10:15 am

My bad for posting it in the wrong section ^^'''

As for the nuking, I saw the Psyker as more of a spammer then a nuker, because of his Innate ability to reset cooldowns. Having the damage go up too high would turn him into a beast, though that could be offset by the mana burn part of the Innate (which is just totally fluffy XD).

Hmm... Lightning Arc. Boost damage, or decrease cooldown?

Psychic Lash seems good enough. Maybe the mana burn should be a set percentage and not a base value, but it was intended to be a support spell rather than a definite killer.

Nightshroud seems fine.

Strip Soul could be boosted, I agree. Suggestions? I guess the damage output should match the massive cooldown period.
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat May 30, 2009 10:49 am

lightning arc could use a bit of both... depending how high the % goes for his innate...
im thinking like 220-250 dmg at max lvl... maby 8-7 cd
lash could use a slight cd buff... and maby slightly more dmg... i dunno, considering he has 3 nukes
and the ult... way way to long of a cd... 4 minute cooldown for a nuke? that slows him? either add effects, reduce the cd, or major buff the dmg

and its fine Razz dev forum is for stuff being developed suggestions is suggestions for what i should develop similar but w/e
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elttatg Sat May 30, 2009 6:18 pm

I would suggest reducing cost for the lightning arc if you expect to be able to spam it. I would also suggest a scaling cooldown (perhaps 10/9/8/7)

elttatg
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Sun May 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Alright, let's see how this would look:

Lightning Arc: 125/175/225/275 damage scaling, jumps 3/4/5/6 times, 90/110/130/150 mana scaling, 9/8/7/6 second cooldown. Mana cost unchanged because of the Psyker's massive Int gain (this will have to be playtested to really get a feel for it).

Psychic Lash: Attack and movement speeds reduced by 35/40/45/50% for 3/4/5/6 seconds while burning away 2% of the target's max mana per second. Channelling. Costs 125/150/175/200 mana. 24 second cooldown. Casting range increases with the skill's current rank.

Nightshroud: As is.

Strip Soul: Deals 375/500/625 damage and stuns the target and the Psyker for 3.25 seconds. Can only be cast on heroes. Costs 325/450/575 mana. 180 second cooldown.

Notes:
- Arc becomes more akin to nuking with a reduced cooldown, making it very spammable. Also works with the Psyker's innate (making him more likely to restore his other cd's, while also making him quite capable of burning his ass Razz)
- Psychic Lash progression upped but still maxes out at 50%. Mana burn is now a percentage value, scaling in efficiency vs casters and melee heroes. Duration unchanged.
- Strip Soul becomes a very potent damage spell. Renders the target and the caster vulnerable, so to be used sparingly when engaging multiple enemies. Cooldown reduced, but still very long (considering the Innate might pop, for balance issues). Mana cost greatly increased.
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elttatg Sun May 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Perhaps you should reduce the stun time on strip soul or at least make it scale because 3.25 seconds is a bit long, especially at level 6.

elttatg
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Sun May 31, 2009 6:21 pm

LOL! Actually forgot about it... ^^;

Here's the proper scaling: Strip Soul, 375/500/625 damage, 325/450/575 mana, 1.75/2.50/3.25 stun and self-stun duration.

Thx elttatg Very Happy
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun May 31, 2009 9:22 pm

looks alot better Very Happy
as powerful as a 3 second stun is... i think its good cause of the massive manacost and cd...
but ya, i forgot his innate refreshes all cooldowns XD

and really... 150 mana isnt *that* much

yepp looks good Very Happy 3 more impy heros to add eventually Very Happy

now be a champ and think up some disorder heroes ^^
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Sun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm

=p will do

And don't forget, the Psyker might kill himself if his Innate procs and he mana burns himself for 575 XD
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun May 31, 2009 9:59 pm

lmao XD that would suck... BAM ULTIMATE :O *fizzle* "oh shi-" BAM DAMAGE AND STUN BITCH
D:

but ya it seems like a solid concept Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Hmm... As for the name, the only 'KNOWN' sanctionned psyker in all WH40k fluff is Rakel, Inquisitor Amberly Vail's personal warphead. She's a bit on the demented side, but hey, that fits Razz
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:47 pm

aweome
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:44 pm

i edited your post with numbers and such, look it over and tell me if its ok
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_vespa Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Yep, looks all good to me ^^
mr_vespa
mr_vespa
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am

kk awesome, ill be putting this guy in soon
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down