A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_lcap63%Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_lcap38%Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Would in-game preloading bother you?

5 posters

Go down

Preload in-game? (please check the thread)

Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_lcap100%Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 7 ]
Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_lcap0%Would in-game preloading bother you? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Would in-game preloading bother you? Empty Would in-game preloading bother you?

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 pm

so, if i had the power (and i do) to preload all the large ammount of stuff in-game, but before heroes are picked, would it be ok?

this would entail a black screen and a message saying something like "Preloading Resources, Please Wait" for like 20-30 seconds just over a minute.
after which the game would return to normal, heroes available in 15 seconds, timer starts at 0 etc.

edit:
some info...

there are currently 20 skills to be loaded from the imperium side. this takes ~35 seconds to complete.
there are 22 more skills to be loaded from the ork side, i am esitmating the same ammount, so just over a minute

edit2:
the issue with preloading in-game, before picks are done, is that i would have to preload the resources for *all* the heroes, which is more than is required in any given game.
itll increase the time required for preloading in general (compared to now), but it avoids the messy hero-picking lag

edit3:
ok, so ive got everything coded in and preloading, and it takes 53 seconds of black screen.
it also comes with a welcome, including map name and creator, and the % of preloading that has been completed

edit4:
ok, so preloading now starts after 15 seconds, so the host can enter game modes
this avoides awkward situations when game modes are typed after heroes are available (ar, specifically)

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Would in-game preloading bother you? Empty Re: Would in-game preloading bother you?

Post by Fairemont Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 pm

You should at least play elevator music during the wait.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Would in-game preloading bother you? Empty Re: Would in-game preloading bother you?

Post by Mortis Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Na.. Not elevator...S omething upbeat and pumping.
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Has to be.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 pm

lol XD

if i werent so tight on map space, i would definatly play elevator music Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Delete some stuff. It is necessary.
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:59 am

*updated the first post with more explanation*
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I'd rather have it with the pre-load so some scrub who outloads you can't just jack a hero and then its a fight against lag!
Fairemont
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 pm

What? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm fine with it.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 pm

*updated the first post with more information*
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:22 pm

new question!

should the preloading start after 15 seconds to give the host time to pick modes?
or is after preloading ok for mode-picking?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 am

<_< I say after 15 seconds, since we're going to be doing fucking nid mode. So the preloading will either do a normal game load or a nid mode game load.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down