I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Chaos] Fateweaver - Lord of Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Chaos] Fateweaver - Lord of Change

Post by cellrawr on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Fateweaver, Lord of Change

Innate: The Blue Scribes
After the loss of his crystal staff, Tzeentch created the Blue Scribes, the Blue Horrors P'tarix and Xirat'p, and tasked them with a mission to travel through the many dimensions of reality to find and record every known spell, which would eventually regain every shard of the staff. Since then, the Blue Scribes have been traveling throughout the galaxy, unleashing devastating magical barrages in battle.

- Skill type: Active Summon
- Mana cost: 3/6/9/12/15/18% of Tzeentch’s Mana.
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
- Tzeentch grants Fateweaver the use of his Blue Scribes, to catalogue the magic being used and to obliterate those that get in their way.

Blue Scribes
- Health: 350/400/450/500/550/600
- Mana: See below
- Armor: Heavy, 1/2/3/4/5/6
- Has no Attack.

- Abilities:
i. Bound by Magic:
- The mana pool of the Blue Scribes is directly linked to that of Fateweaver, such that spells cast by the Blue Scribes will take mana from Fateweaver.
- Skill type: Passive
- The Blue Scribes will gain 1.0 health regeneration for every 10/9/8/7/6/5 mana regeneration Fateweaver has. Additionally, all spells cast by the Blue Scribes will take its mana cost from Fateweaver’s Mana Pool. If Fateweaver ever runs out of mana, the Blue Scribes disappear from the field until they are summoned again.
ii. Bolt of Tzeentch:
- A solid beam of multi-coloured light flies out from the Blue Scribes and annihilates anything it touches, melting metals and vaporizing flesh.
- Skill type: Active
- Mana Cost: 120/130/140/150/160/170
- Cooldown: 30/26/23/21/20/19
- Casting Range: 400/475/550/625/700/775
- A bolt from the blue strikes the Blue Scribes’ target, dealing Fateweaver’s Intelligence + 50/75/100/125/150/175 and lowering magic resistance by 5/10/15/20/25/30% for 3/5/7/9/11/13 seconds.
iii. Feuding Minds:
- The endless arguments of the Blue Scribes often result in petty squabbles about the best way to cast a spell, making them somehow unreliable.
- Skill type: Passive
-Every time the Blue Scribes attempt to cast a spell, they have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to recast the last spell cast on the same target/target area, no matter its cooldown, or an equal chance to not cast any spell at all for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds. Cannot cast spells stolen from Spell Snatch.
iv. Warp Dive:
- To accomplish their Sisyphean task, the Blue Scribes must explore all realms of reality and delve into dimensions that would drive mortal souls mad with sensation. Flitting between realities, they appear one place and reappear in another.
- Skill Type: Active
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
- Mana Cost: 50/40/30/20/10
- The Blue Scribes can teleport 500/600/700/800/900/1000 distance into any type of terrain and gain max vision upon landing for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds.
v. Pavane of Slaanesh:
- A spell woven of Slaanesh’s thread, the Blue Scribes have no preference when it comes to collecting magic, for all magic belongs to Tzeentch. An alluring song, the Pavane can force all those who hear it into an ecstatic and enraptured dance.
- Cooldown: 30/27/25/24 seocnds
- Mana cost: 120/125/130/140
- All enemy units within 200/300/400/500 range in front of the Blue Scribes in a cone are gently prodded and pulled closer until they either reach the spot where the spell was cast or 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds pass. Enemy heroes can struggle against the pull until the duration ends.
vi. Boon of Mutation:
- The Blue Scribes open a small conduit to the Immaterium, exposing a victim to the touch of the raw stuff of the Warp for a second. This often causes uncontrollable, lethal mutation in a mortal, at times turning the victim into a many-armed monstrosity.
- Mana Cost: 160/170/180
- Cooldown: 26/25/24
- Casting range: 500/550/600
- With this spell, the Scribes can unleash mutation, debilitating their opponent’s skills and physical abilities while transforming them into a spawn for a short period. Hexes a target for 1.5/1.75/2.0 seconds and reduces stats by 10% for 5/7/9 seconds after.
vii. Spell Shift:
- Spells are the playthings of the Scribes, of different languages and dimensions. Such is their dominance that they are able to switch and swap the effects of spells of any type to anyone in a whim.
- Skill type: Active, autocast
- Manacost: 10/5
- Cooldown: 3/1 second
- The Blue Scribes take positive buffs from enemies and apply them to allies. They also take negative debuffs from allies and apply them to enemies.
viii. Spell Snatch:
- Even as the battle rages around them, the Blue Scribes can pick up on the incantations and special runes needed to cast spells and copy them to their grimoire. Once a spell has been copied in this way, they are able to use it until they copy another.
- Skill type: Passive/Active
- Mana cost: 230 mana
- Cooldown: 15 seconds to acquire a new spell
- When a spell is used, the Blue Scribes can snatch it as if it were one of their spells for 60 seconds. All stats related variables and cooldowns of the spell come from the hero it was taken from, but the mana cost comes from Fateweaver as above. If any spell is cast within 500 AoE of the Scribes, the Scribes will automatically pick up that spell.

- The magic of the Scribes gradually increases in potency as Fateweaver becomes more powerful, and skills will level as Fateweaver levels. The progression is as followed:
- Bound, Bolt: Level 1
- Dive, Feud: Level 2
- Pavane: Level 3
- Boon: Level 4
- Spell Shift: Level 5
- Spell Snatch: Level 6

Skill 1: Sovereign of Magic
"First among Tzeentch’s Greater Daemons, Kairos, known as Fateweaver on the battlefield, is imbued with magical prowess second only to his creator. To sustain his presence as well as his magical ability, Fateweaver draws upon the warp energies of all units around him, siphoning their powers to restore his own. If he gains an excess, he will release it into the area around him, not only amplifying dramatically the effects of any spell cast, but also solidifying and armoring his corporeal presence."

- All friendly and enemy units around Fateweaver will have their mana stolen from them at 5/10/15/20 mana per second as long as they are in the area which the spell was cast. Moving out of the area will stop the drain. Enemy units will suffer a slow equivalent to the percentage of total mana lost while in the affected area and have a 2/3/4/5% increasing chance per second to suffer a silence for 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5 seconds. This silence will only ever proc once.

- If Fateweaver regenerates to full mana using this skill, then he will release the excess as warp energy permeating the area. Every 400/350/300/250 mana over Tzeentch’s mana pool will translate to a 5/10/15/20% boost to magic damage, represented by a lowering of magic resistance of all units effected except Fateweaver, who will gain this boost instead as magic resistance.

- Mana Cost: 25/35/45/55
- Range: 400/450/500/550
- Cooldown: 35/30/25/20 seconds
- Duration: 10/11/12/13 Seconds

Skill 2: Twisting Path
All paths lead to one end, and that end is part of a Grand Design. Designed to subtly manipulate an individual, this spell of Tzeentch bewitches an individual into a restless, unsettling dream. Information is extracted, post-hypnotic suggestions are implanted, and Tzeentch completes yet another part of his inexorable plan.
- Skill type: Active, Single-Target Sleep
- Mana cost: 135/175/215/255
- Cooldown: 25/21/17/13
- Fateweaver lulls an enemy hero to sleep for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds, during which 5/10/15/20% of their intelligence is taken from them and pooled in a reservoir of thoughts and ideas. Additionally, for 20/25/30/35 seconds afterwards, if that enemy hero tries to strike a blow or cast a spell that would kill an allied hero or Fateweaver, that damage and associated effects will be prevented by Fateweaver’s subconscious commands or such an attack would miss purposefully. Said enemy hero will regain their intelligence after 30/40/50/60 seconds.
- Fateweaver can then draw upon this reservoir and influence an allied hero in the same way, adding 50% of the intelligence taken to that hero for 30/60/90/120 seconds while putting them to sleep for the same duration and removing all buffs and debuffs.

Skill 3: Oracle of Eternity
Ever since his dive into the Well of Eternity, Fateweaver holds both the knowledge of the future and the resulting insanity, and sits at Tzeentch's right side as his Oracle. He is constantly mumbling madly, and suddenly bursting into rambling tirades about events still to happen. Mortal warriors shoot and slash in vain against Fateweaver and his allies, foes that know exactly how to move in order not to be hit before the gun is fired or the blade is drawn.
- Skill type: Passive Toggle
- Range: 350/400/450/500
- All units around Fateweaver gain 9/14/19/24% triggered evasion, but Fateweaver will suffer 40/35/30/25% extra damage if he takes any damage at all.

Ult: Mirage of Tzeentch
Swayed by the Great Liar, the enemy warriors open fire against their comrades, realizing only later their horrifying mistake. With a veil of smoke and illusions, Fateweaver surreptitiously tricks an enemy unit into attacking his or her allies.
- Skill type: Active, AoE
- Mana Cost: 15/20/25% of Fateweaver’s total mana and health.
- Cooldown: 190/160/130 seconds.
- Range: 500/700/1000 AoE, Aura
- Duration: 5/7/9 seconds.
- When cast, there is no obvious sign and units will only be able to see the debuff relating to the Mirage. If an affected hero or creep should attack Fateweaver or any allied unit around him, they will appear to take damage, but will only ever go down to 1 health during the duration of this skill. At the end of the duration, the skill will then sum up all the damage taken by Fateweaver and his units and allocate it according to which type of unit does the damage.

- If a hero attacks Fateweaver or his allies, then another hero with the debuff will receive that damage. Damage done by creeps and towers only are allocated to creeps. Heroes cannot take the damage they do, so if only one hero attacks Fateweaver, his or her damage will be dissipated as if that hero was attacking nothing.

[Reformatted for your pleasure]

cellrawr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Chaos] Fateweaver - Lord of Change

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:11 pm

unorganized post hurts my eyes.

format plox.
anyone.

other than that, it looks good for having me jsut read over it.
most of the discussion i remeber from wc3.

and you got me with scibes Razz
i was gona say you can only have 7 spells, while you have 8... but they have no attack so they can have more XD

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 pm

<_< You format it

cellrawr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Notice the very distinct lack of mass summons.... ^^;
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:13 am

Notice how in the actual tabletop how fateweaver isn't Based around summoning..
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:23 am

well, i could be an ass and argue that the scribes are a summon, and would wreak havoc about as much as other summons Razz just not vs buildings.

but i wont XD

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 am

Gladly, he isn't. Another Lord of Change is, whose name cannot be uttered, but I liked the Blue Scribes here. Makes him a multi-tasking hero, who lacks a lot of damage potential, but has spell effects from here to infinity.

Any actual issues, besides semantics?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:35 pm

ill add to this post as i go.

edit: also, he needs a story and (possibly, if your changing them) stats/range/movespeed /edit

for the innate:
i havnt, im jsut wondering, have you dont some numbers on the innate? for mana gain in a regular situation, in a crowdid situation? in a 1v1 or limited creep situation?
is it channeling? should it be? should the cd really be that short compared to its duration?
is it a fair duration for the possible gain it can give?

also, on the magic resist... you have to work with intervals of 5%
cause thats how i have my magic resist system set up.

scribes:
is there any real reason why they cost a % of max mana? not just cause you felt it was nessesary
is there a reason why the cooldown is so low?
how many are summoned with each cast, how many max (im assuming 2 and 2)

its not possible to directly get the number of mana regenerated per second.
i can do a trigger that every second gives the scribes 1 hp per 6 points of mana regnerated, but this will include auras and fountains and insta mana buffs (i know these dont exist yet)
but other than that, it works.

i was expecting some sort of draw back from fueding minds
and i almost think they need one, considering the 5 spells they can cast

the leveling of the spells is also very restrictive and unnecessary.
you dont get the full effects of the spell even tho you might level it to max level.
i would suggest giving them the 2 passives and warp dive always, then give them the following:
pavane - level 1
bolt - level 2
change - level 3
shift/snatch - level 4
or any way you see fit.
but making the *real* effect of the scribes not increase with leveling the skill means that people will only ever get 1 level of it.

spell snatch specifically:
its not possible to do variables from the old hero. its also not possible to have variables based on fateweaver either.
most spells take their values from 'TriggeringUnit()' which is the unit that casts the spell.
so if you want to have this, your going to have to be stuck with taking variables from the scribes (which means stat-based spells will give 0 bonus damage)
also, no ultimates, but its not possible to detect weather a spell is an ultimate or not.
also, does a spell automatically become copied? or is it like 'toggle on - will now copy spells' cause it should be like that so you dont randomly lose the spell you want to keep.
cause atm, with the skill being passive... it sounds like they will automatically steal a spell weather they have one unused or not.

twisting path:
the only way i could see the 'if a spell would kill a hero, it wont work' is if i did damage events, which means the spell would have to be cast anyway.
i cant predict if a spell would kill a hero
and i cant predict if an attack would kill a hero

i can only prevent lethal damage, which would mean that any other effects (stun/slow/debuffs) would still occur

also, just a hard-coded issue with sleep:
is the target attackable while they are sleeping?

oracle of eternity:
its fine, but i seem to remeber giving him a high evade chance, but high extra damage taken

ult:
again, is it necessary to have it cost max life/mana? its not that powerful of a skill, all things considered, to require a % max mana, let alone a health cost.

does fateweaver keep damage that 'appeared' to be delt? or does he get healed for that damage at the end of the duration.

also, if the fateweaver 'fake' takes damage from an affected enemy, it still will count as damage for a non-affected enemy.

and no, i cant play with the lifebar on a unit

edit: altho i might have just thought of a way to have fake damage not apply when hes being attacked by a non-affected unit... we'll see how that works out /edit

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:40 am

Innate:

Well, let's see. Assuming 5 creeps of each side are in an area, with level 1 ult, they all lose 50 mana each, so Fateweaver would get 500 mana. The numbers do need to be toned down slightly, so it seems.

If I actually do percentages instead of flat values, it might work a whole lot better for both creeps and heroes. 1/2/3/4/5/6% of mana per second could work. As for channeling, it wasn't originally designed to do so, because it severely hampers his mobility just for a bit of mana.

Duration should stay the same, cooldown should increase to 60/55/50/45/40/35. At level 6, it could very well siphon 90% of a hero's mana, if they're stupid enough to stay in the AoE.

Scribes:

First off, I need to know what exactly is the criteria for a % of max mana spell. I think if you could give a summon 8 spells and not have a sizeable cost throughout the whole game, that would be slightly op. Also, he gets a lot of mana from his innate, so a % based skill would tax his mana more at late game, when the Scribes become powerful.

The reason the cooldown is low is because they only have 500 health. Two nukes are quite capable of killing the Scribes outright.
Only one is summoned, and one is the max, because the two operate as one unit.

For Feuding Minds, add that the scribes have a 20/30/40/50% chance to not cast a spell at all.

Grass, the point isn't to get the full effect at level 7. Again, with Marker Towers, I'm trying to spread the operational power of a unit throughout the entire game.

To be frank, I disagree very much with what you've said, but counter with the addition that a spell will only progress to the level of the skill that summoned the Scribes in the first place. So unless you choose to not get level 4 of scribes sometime before 16, you really don't miss out on that much.

It's a novel concept, so please recognize it as one instead of trying to compare it to every single summon you've seen forever and ever. It's not supposed to be fully leveled at level 7.

The summon isn't supposed to be all that Fateweaver has, but instead compliment his trickery.

As for spell snatch, it could be a spellbook where he snatches any spells used within a certain period of time. But it's simplest as it is now. I'm fine with stat-based spells getting no bonus damage, because they make up about 10-20% of the actual spells in the game.

You can make it a toggle, though, if it suits you. I wouldn't mind.

Twisting Path:

Preventing lethal damage is fine. The unit can be attacked while sleeping, but then wakes up.

Oracle of Eternity:

It was at 70/50/30/10% extra damage taken, but it at level 1 is just asking not to be used because of the supreme wallop you'll get. So I think a fairly high amount of triggered evasion would work well, with a lower bonus damage to have to eat.

Ult:

Apparently you don't understand just how powerful the skill is. Say I have a Kharn and a Rakel attacking me. Because they don't notice the ult is on, Rakel strip souls me for 1k, Kharn goes out to deal like 3k, and Rakel adds another 1k of attacks. So that's 4k the pair have to split, after they notice I'm not dying at 1 health. Rakel is probably dead, without Mana Shield, and Kharn is softened up such that a volley of spells from the Scribes is enough to disable and kill him.

Or I could run into a massive wave push, ult up, watch me tank 10k damage, and then split that damage among all the creeps, practically killing the whole wave, while having no damage at all.

He'll get healed for the damage taken while in the ult, but still have to pay the cost at the end of the skill. And there is no Fateweaver fake. It's Fateweaver himself who is the target, with no illusion. They just think they're attacking Fateweaver, when in reality, they're attacking their allies.

Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 am

And the innate is an aoe right? It doesn't follow him around?
Which makes it ok I guess. Cause even of its not likely, 90% is a ton.

And all of the scribes spells cept blink and control magic costs more than 200. The potentially ridiculous manacost on the summon isn't needed to balance out the power of the skill.

Also, of a skill isn't meant to be full power by level 7, then it shouldn't be a regular skill. Of you want to spread its power progression, make it the innate or the ult.
I know you want to do neither, but in that case scale the skill to regular skill levels.

As for spell snatch... I can't make it a spellbook without putting all possible skills into a preexisting spellbook. Which I'm not doing, sorry.
And I asked all that cause I don't know how it works currently.
Does their captured speol get automatically replaced if another spell is cast after the cooldown? Or how do they replace their current captured spell?

And the ult
There are a few other heroes that can one shot a large push, or near enough to it. And there are a few heroes that could tank a couple heroes.
Its not so gamebreaking as to require a lifecost. Just give it a large mana cost.

And I know there's no fake hero. I meant what happens in the event that he takes 'fake' damage from affected heroes. That fake damage would still count as real damage agaisnt unaffected heroes.but I think I can find a way around that.
Becayse unaffected heroes can still kill him right? Its not a continuous aura?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:38 am

Grass. I'm not going to give him 7 full power spells at level 7. That's just stupid in terms of balance. If I scale it to regular skill levels, I'll have to make each skill much, much worse individually, and that's equally as stupid.

A spell is captured and held for 30 seconds at level 1 and 15 seconds at level 2. During these 30/15 seconds, no spell can replace the one he currently holds. After 30/15 seconds have passed, he can turn back on the skill and get a new spell, or keep it off and retain the spell he already has.

And as for the ult, I'm considering not only making it a continuous aura for those 5/7/9 seconds but also extending its benefits to all allies around him, to make it worth its cost. Unaffected heroes in this case could not interact with fateweaver or they would be affected, for most heroes who don't have global/long range skills.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Sounds good for spell steal and ult.

Scribes: then make it the innate.
Cause right now there is no point in leveling it fully.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 am

Updated and moved.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:20 pm

very minor detail on the ult: at level 1, 600 ranged units can damage units not under the effect of the ult, bringing up the issue discussed a few posts back

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:46 pm

I fail to see the significance of that detail, though. Even if I were to increase the AoE to 1,200, 1000 AoE is a huge range, and it's not like Fateweaver is standing still. The aura moves with him.

Anything 600 distance from Fateweaver can do damage to a unit near it and not have it be affected by the aura of the ult, but I don't see how that critically hampers the skill.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:48 pm

because lets say there are 4 heroes in the aoe attacking fateweaver, dealing "fake" damage because they are affected by the skill.
any damage they dealt isnt really dealt, and is redistributed at the end of the skill.

this "fake" damage brings fateweaver to 1 hp like the skill says it will.

random hero with 600 range comes in before the duration is up and one shots fate weaver.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top