A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

General themes for races: I_vote_lcap63%General themes for races: I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
General themes for races: I_vote_lcap38%General themes for races: I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
General themes for races: I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

General themes for races:

3 posters

Go down

General themes for races: Empty General themes for races:

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 am

Eldar: Perform one role, but do it far better than majority of heroes in game. Combo off each other better than most races.
"The Eldar are dicks."

Tau: Map control and majority of heroes are ranged.
"Yeah, we suck at close combat. It's a shame you'll never get there."

Space Marines: Simplest race to play, most heroes are self-sufficient and more mobile as whole than other races, with the exception of the Eldar. Generally weaker than most races at end-game.
"SPESS MEHREENS! FOR THE EMPRAH!

Imperial Guard: Large amounts of units, punctuated by strong individual heroes. Also possess mechanized ability. Generally lower defense throughout the entire game.
"DRIVE ME CLOSER! I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"

Inquisition: Generally mindfuckery. Strong spell-based heroes good at combating other heroes, but not units in general. A coalition of different factions, with Assassins focusing on hero killing, and a variety of different Ordo's with their own theme. Hereticus (Religion, bolter bitches, purity), Xenos (Alien artifacts, combating Xenos taint, deathwatch), Malleus (Daemon banishing, Grey Knights, Exterminatus)
"HERESY!"

Necrons: Strong disables and debuffs, and can push well with effective AoE spells and auras. Otherwise lacks the burst of other heroes and is generally ineffective in a 1 on 1 battle.
"..............!"

Dark Eldar: Like the Eldar, except much more ambush-based. Units are extremely effective bursting and emerging from the shadows, but don't have the durability to withstand prolonged battles. Also like to raid for souls, which they feed on.
"Think of the Eldar. Now add in rape."

Orks: Bonuses based on unit number, with other auras.
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!"

Tyranids: Adapt to enemies over time, gain/take stats and other bonuses.
"OMNOMNOM"

Chaos: What more can I say? It's Chaos? 4 factions, each with their own theme. Easy to play like the Imperium, except with a little more end-game upside.

Khorne: rapemainkillburnshreddieblood
"X FOR THE X GOD! Y FOR Y THRONE!"

Tzeentch: Just as planned, you activated my trap, and I will proceed to nuke you to orbit with every spell in the book
^

Nurgle: Disease makes you a ridiculous tank, and kills units for you. Also earns the love of father Nurgle.
"Ewwwww."

Slaanesh: Sensory pleasure to the max. Units are fast, deadly, seductive, and somewhat fragile.
"I DO COCAAAAAIIINEE!"
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

General themes for races: Empty Re: General themes for races:

Post by cellrawr Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:28 am

-.- There, I helped.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:14 pm

I disagree with SM's. Simplest race to play? Bah. Most heroes are pretty point and click. SM's should be the tankest damage dealers in the game (exception orks) with good all round heroes. E.g. Greys, Librarians, Teh frekken adeptus mechanicus... You get the point. Having each race with a main idea is good, but each hero should be specifically different, in its own unique way, while doing the role its 'race' is pointed towards.

Of course there will be exeptions.

Here are the main roles I think are suited:

Eldar: Casters with good capabilities all round, exept for taking damage.

Tau: Good dps, ias ranged damage outputters etc etc. Sucks at melee and taking damage.

Space Marines: Tank damage dealers, with good aoe buffs. Good all rounders.

Imperial Guard: Summons, good firepower. Some can take damage , some cant. Good all rounders, apart from them being the biggest pussies in the galaxy once thier leader is dead.

Inquisition/Mechanicus/others: Just use your brain, its obvious. Each faction has its own role, keep it that way.

Necrons: Good all rounders, with exeptional pure damage nukes and survivability. (Think gauss.) Good nukes, OK-ish physical capability. (Within reason: Look at wraiths)

Dark Eldar: Like the eldar exept without the crazy spells. A little bit more survivability than normal Eldar, but with a shitload more dps+ias+ms/freaktarded carrys and degens.

Chaos: Similar to SM's, but more degens than buffs.
Khorne: Tanks, tanks, pure melee damage dealers.
Nurgle: Weak and strong, alot of DoT.
Slaanesh: Dps, dps, dps, dps, dps...
Tzeench: Nuke-fun for the family.

13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:31 pm

What you said, mostly, is true. Except for the little details.

Eldar: Instead of casters, insert bursters, and you're right. Most of the Eldar Heroes hit like a typhoon in the first 5 seconds of combat. Or if they don't hit all that hard, Eldar are significantly good at whatever it is that they do, i.e. Avatar, Eldrad, Yriel.

Tau: Not all Tau Heroes will be ranged, like the Kroot. And they have a variety of ways to run away from any hero that seeks to meet them in close combat, whether through jumps, movement speed, or other subterfuges.

Space Marines: Aren't really tanks >> If everyone stopped sucking their @#@!, they would realize that a 4/4 stat line, while better than most, doesn't stop Space Marines from dying en masse to basically every single thing that significantly outnumbers them. There's Daemon Princes, Carnifexes, and Warbosses. Now those are tanks. Space Marines have better armor/physiology than other races, but that alone does not make them a tank.

They're the most balanced of all the races, hence good all-arounders. In terms of skill, Cato, Libby, and Sigis take almost no skill to play. Just spam your first spell/aura/ult, and you win with them. Chappy is the hardest to play out of all of them.

IG: Imperial Guard aren't as good all arounders as Space Marines >> They just have lots of summons and tanks.

Inquisition: Ok, Blood, I'll pose a question.

There are three Ordos, Malleus, Hereticus, and Xenos.

Outline exactly what each faction's theme would be. Malleus is more or less easy, anti-caster, anti-mana, but what are Hereticus and Xenos?

How do you define purity in a theme? How do you represent the virulent hatred of xenos concurrently with use of xenos technology in the form of some kind of theme? The role is there, but not the theme.

Necrons: I don't think they have pure damage nukes, but rather the ability to negate reduction. Necron Lord doesn't have very many nukes. ._. See above for my thoughts on Necrons.

Dark Eldar: They're even more fragile than Eldar in most cases, though. I like life drain comboed with hard hitting nukes and timely disables, in exchange for fragility.

Chaos: I like your point though, about the buff/debuff divide between Marines and Chaos.

Khorne is more about rapid, obliterating attacks in melee range. Not so much tanks.

Nurgle is where you buy tanks, though, and dots, as you said.

Slaanesh is a little more dimensional than DPS. Each hero has different ways to get to doing a lot of damage, some with a flurry of attacks and others with one eviscerating attack. Large quantity of buffs and debuffs, focusing on attack/movement speed.

Tzeentch: No comment needed here.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 am

Well the main thought for Necrons with pure damage is purely Gauss weapony. Each ranged Nec unit has a Gauss weapon of some kind, which cuts throuh pretty much anything like butter. Hence the pure damage/armour destroy.

Space Marines, well... Mostly buffs, but when you bring Terminators into the light, and same with field commanders, I recall seeing Thule kill a bloodthirster/daemon prince in DoW DC. But I get your point.

Khorne, being the blood-god and all, it makes sense that he should have tanks. Seeing how most Khorne followers are melee Chaos champs who refuse to die, better yet, possessed champs are even more deadly.

Slaanesh, yes I could have elaborated. He is a tricksy god, prone to manipulation and domination as well as being agile and fast.

Now to the stuff: (Each Ordos)

Malleus: Daemon killers. Possibly debuffs and purges geared towards destroying summons and harrassing the enemy? Possible mana burn skills?

Hereticus: We already have the Chaplain, which is linked to the Hereticus. Truesight passives/summons-skullprobe?/active-toggles whatever. Geared towards purging the mutant and unclean. More intelligence destroyers, possibly rendering spells useless while they destroy the prone and physically weak caster with 'divine' might.

Xenos: Alien/foriegner hunters. Could become debuff removers. Seeing how they interrupt influence as well as kill.

Tbh, the inquisition has a shitload more factions and sects, but those are just the three you wanted. Anyway, they are bloody strong.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down