A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_vote_lcap63%[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_vote_lcap38%[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin

3 posters

Go down

[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin Empty [HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:49 am

Stats: The same

Innate: Exitus Rifle & Pistol [Toggle]
- One is as delicate as a scalpel, the other as crushing as a hammer, but both are integral parts of the Vindicare's weaponry. The Rifle may be a signature weapon, but what the pistol lacks in range, it makes up for in flexibility, and both have claimed innumerable victims.
- The Vindicare can swap between his pistol, which fires at a normal rate, and his rifle, which can only be used in certain situations.
- The pistol has a range of 450 and an attack cooldown of 1.7, while the Rifle has a default range of 700 and a normal attack cooldown of 3 seconds. The rifle also gains a 25/30/35/40/45/50% damage boost over the pistol. The Rifle also interacts with several skills separately.

Skill 1: Spy Mask [Active, Single-Target/Area in Front of Vindicare]
- Using his complex array of sensors and indicators, the Vindicare Assassin can spot any weak points in armor or cover that a unit may possess, and correspondingly exploit those weak points for the kill.
- Mana Cost: 50/85/120/155 mana
- Cooldown: 25/22/18/15 seconds
- Duration: 11 seconds
- Any target in front of the Vindicare's Spy Mask in a 120 degree arc loses all positive evasion modifiers, while the Vindicare loses any negative blind modifiers, effectively giving the Vindicare's attacks True Strike for the duration of the skill. In addition, any invisible or transparent units within 1800 range in front of the Vindicare will be revealed if the Vindicare's line of sight touches them.

Skill 2: Patient Shot [Active] [Rifle Only]
- Mana Cost: 2/2.5/3/3.5% mana per shot.
- Vindicare Assassins are well known to dig in and remain in a firing spot for weeks on end, waiting for that perfect shot. In the case of a frenetic battle, the same can also be done, on a smaller scale.
- Every second, the Vindicare becomes 10/15/20/25% transparent while sitting still. Autoattack is disabled while he becomes transparent, and when he reaches 75% transparency, he becomes invisible to normal sensors.
- Once invisible, his vision steadily grows at 100/200/300/400 distance per second to a maximum of 2000 vision, but this vision only lasts for 1 attack, which does 110/130/150/170% of his attack damage and slows his target by 15/20/25/30% for 5 seconds. This attack is a triggered spell that does line damage up to 1800 range. He must become invisible to trigger these bonuses.

Skill 3: Special Rounds [Active, Single-shot effect]
- The Vindicare possesses a variety of rounds for special occasions, each with their own peculiar mechanism. Both can be loaded into either the pistol or the rifle, but the rounds used for the rifle are noticeably larger and have more effect.
- Cooldown: Rounds can only be loaded 2 seconds after the last shot has been fired by a respective weapon, but all rounds have a cd of 5 seconds. In this way, one could fire a hellfire round, wait two seconds, then fire a shieldbreaker round, etc, etc, etc.
- Mana Cost: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75% of mana per Round.
- Pistol: (Rifle effects after)
- Hellfire Rounds: Deals an additional 1/1.5/2/2.5% of a unit's health in damage over 5 seconds. (Rifle: 2/3/4/5%)
- Turbo Penetrator Rounds: Target suffers an additional 20/25/30/35% damage. (Rifle: 25/30/35/40%)
- Shield Breaker Rounds: Target suffers 10/15/20/25% of damage as pure. (Rifle: 20/25/30/35%)

Ult: Exitus Acta Probat [Active, Rifle]
- All that matters is that the Emperor's will be made manifest, and the Vindicare shall be his silent breeze, bringing death to heretics, daemons, and traitors equally.
- Mana cost: 200/300/400 mana
- Cooldown: 120/90/60 seconds
- The Vindicare occupies a position and scouts the battlefield for targets. Using data from satellites to triangulate positions, he can snipe any target at impossible ranges. After digging in for 2/3/4 seconds, the Vindicare remains stationary, and the location of enemy heroes is pinged once a second for 30 seconds. The range of his rifle then expands to 2000/3000/4000. Each shot has a cooldown of 3 seconds
The shots of the Vindicare do not home, but rather travel in a straight line, going through natural terrain until stopped by a building or its maximum range.
- If a shot hits a hero, the following happens:
- Units above 50% of life will take 5/10/15% of max life in damage.
- Units below 20/25/30% of life will have their life reduced to 10% automatically.
- Units below 10% of health die instantly when hit.

Shots must be aimed manually to hit targets during the ult
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

[HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin Empty Re: [HERO] Vindicare Temple Assassin

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:43 pm

question:
what happened to the old thread >.>

innate:
the rifle should do constant damage or non-attack based damage (you know the reasoning behind this Razz)
it should also be an 'attack spell' that functions like a hook based spell, dealing damage to the first enemy unit it hits.

then the pistol would just be his attack

spy mask:
cone infront of him is a bitch to code
just make it a generic aoe (which means you would have to lower the true sight aoe)

patient shot:
takes to long to be of any real use.
also, 2000 vision range isnt possible, and isnt useful *at all* during the day
it needs to have less charge up time, in both 'modes' (the inital and vision gain)
it also needs to do much more than +70% damage for at least a couple seconds of charge up

and it also needs to do soemthing for the pistol

ammo:
helfire: for high hp
turbo: for lightly armored
shield: for heavily armored
right?

and you can buff the effects of all of the ammos if they have a 5 second cooldown

ult:
is good
and as long as you realise that he can shoot further than he can see Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:26 pm

The old thread is in the version archives, which people can't access regularly unless they go looking for it.

Innate: Stat based damage is fine. Int * 1.00/1.05/1.1/1.15/1.2/1.25 + 1.0/1.02/1.04/1.06/1.08/1.10 * (Str + Agi)

With level 1 innate, about 60-70 damage per shot.
With level 3 innate, about 100-115 damage per shot
With level 6 innate, about 240-270 damage per shot.

These numbers are just rough estimations, but it helps to scale the damage.

Spy: Generic AoE is fine, whatever number intervals are fine. 700/900/1200/1500

Patient Shot: One, you can only use it with the rifle. Two, the rifle has a 3 second cooldown time at all levels, meaning that he can fire one shot, turn invisible, fire another shot, etc.

Three, all special ammo bonuses STACK with this. So he will do plenty of damage. Four, vision range at night is not 0. Five, this isn't a nuke, it's a toggle!

Going from a base of 150 damage from the rifle with level 4 patient shot, he does 315 damage and his target is slowed heavily for 5 seconds from at least 1000-1500 range. That's absurd power that nothing can touch, and if Vindi has support in a lane, he can snipe the fuck out of any hero that comes to take the outposts.

Ammo: Start off with relatively balanced effects, I don't want to buff them and have to nerf them later.

Ult:
the location of enemy heroes is pinged once a second for 30 seconds.
He's not as blind as you think he is.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:30 pm

fair enough i guess >.>

as for the ult, pings only affect the mini map Razz
that wont really tell you where a hero is in the fog.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arvay6 Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't think the Vindicare Temple Assassin needs to be changed much at all. The line damage abilities are nothing like the Assassin should have, he is made for killing single targets not destroying all units in the path of his shots. However, I do like your suggestions for the spy mask and ammo types if they are made good enough. The ult should be kept the same because it's useful enough and in my opinion the shield breaker rounds should go through a bit more armor if put in the game.
Arvay6
Arvay6
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:04 pm

his attacks wouldnt be line damage abilities, they would be "skill shots" (damn i took that from LoL....) where they would hit the first target in their path (or just be triggered attacks so they dont interact with ias)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arvay6 Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm

yeah... I still think that would make using the Assassin much harder than it should be, just saying with how much the spawns get in the way and how you can just walk out of the way it would be incredibly difficult to get that perfect which would likely by then you would die already or be furious that a random ork or space marine ruined your shot
Arvay6
Arvay6
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:37 am

COUGHCHOKEDIE

Being an assassin is no easy task, young man (or woman, if you desire). Unless you can implement a characters whose goal is to kill any target with one shot, don't complain about things being easy or hard. If it does turn out hard, then we'll make it easier, but the status quo is unacceptable.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:17 am

atm, current ideas for the sniper-version of the attack (basic, non-ult) are this:
800 or so range spell, target unit or target point.
if you target a unit, itll work much like the regular attack.
if you target a point, it will travel in a straight line and hit the first enemy, but it travels up to an extended (1000?) range.

the ult's effects would then only proc on ground targeted shots.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arvay6 Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Stop misinterpreting what I wrote and read it properly I doubt you've ever had experience being an actual sniper/assassin. I was stating the idea would be a horrible one because of how easily that ability could turn into a completely useless one; it would have to be done with absolute perfection to be any good(like mentioned the enemy could move out of the way or the shot be blocked by creeps). My comment was not a complaint it was merely stating that the ult would be one of the most difficult to use in the game and a hero that kills things in one shot is incredibly easy to make so yes I would have the right to complain because I can and have made heroes like those before.

By the way Grass I like your idea for the ult because it would still be decent with the targeted effect without having to immediately get the skill shots right or die so I find that nice Smile
Arvay6
Arvay6
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:26 am

Arvay6 wrote:. My comment was not a complaint it was merely stating that the ult would be one of the most difficult to use in the game and a hero that kills things in one shot is incredibly easy to make so yes I would have the right to complain because I can and have made heroes like those before.

just wanna comment here:

youve seen the ults effects right? thats the effects of the current ult.
this ult lasts for some period of time, and applies to every hit.

now imagine how op the current ult would be with a 3 second cooldown.

thats why the ult's effects can't be targeted like regular attacks.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arvay6 Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:45 am

yeah I understand now, it would be a bit OP if they were I didn't see the 3 second cooldown part and was somewhat confused.
Arvay6
Arvay6
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down