I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Unnamed hero

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unnamed hero

Post by Fairemont on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:47 pm

I felt like designing a hero with some skills, so here is what I came up with. Currently Idc what race it is, what it is, what it does, but I wanted to put the skills together. I don't want to do fluff. Someone else can design the hero it goes to, so I am open for suggestions on that. This hero could be an exceptionally versatile hero, being good for direct and indirect support as well as a medium offense hero with decent damage output, anti-buff/debuff, and healing/buffing capabilities. They could also potentially push or solo a lane quite effectively with the use of Energy Node and Cascade. I don't guarantee a lot of success soloing another hero, but they would be exceptionally good backup. ***All stats and numbers are negotiable.***

Stats... idk. High Intell low strength low-medium agil. Probably a caster based hero with a relatively high move speed and low attack range. Probably has fairly balanced health and mana, neither being overly high for a caster but not overly low either.

Innate - Rush

has a 5/7/9/11/13/15% chance to increase movent speed by 25% and attack speed by 15% for 3 seconds. Also increases damage by 10/15/20/25/30/35. Cooldown 5 seconds. (Passive)

First Skill - Energy Node/Crush

Creates a pocket of energy that floats above the ground for anywhere from 1-3 minutes. (Higher times would probably have a specific number of available nodes at once. Maybe six?) A node can be placed every 5-10 seconds (depends on duration probably) and has a 5-10 second period of visibility before becoming invisible. When chosen the hero can crush these nodes, releasing their energy into a radius of 200-300? (Probably a small radius, Im not certain what are what) dealing damage of 50/75/100/125 each. Mana cost would probably be fairly low, somewhere around 75-125 per node, crush costing another 100 mana.

Second Skill - Abolish

Basic debuff skill. Removes a buff or debuff, burning mana when a buff is taken away or healing when a debuff is removed. Maybe add a small amount of damage for when there is no buff/debuff removed? Maybe 150-250 damage because not everyone has buffs? Mana burn might be like 100/125/150/175 per buff and heals 200/250/300/350 when a debuff is removed. Cooldown would be about 10-15 seconds, mana cost around 125/150/175/200. Range would likely be about 600.

Third Skill - Cascade

When cast upon a target friendly unit, this spell heals that target for 150/200/250/300 HP and bounces to 1/2/3/4 other targets healing 50 less health per target. When cast upon an enemy, does the same amount of healing in damage. Mana cost ~150/175/200/225 cooldown, 15-20 seconds maybe more.

Ultimate - Promise of Glory

Field-wide buff spell that heals for 300/400/500 health, gives a 12/14/16 HP/sec regen 9/10/11 mana/sec regen, +2/3/4/5 to armor and +25% movement speed and 15% attack speed for 6/12/18 seconds. Mana cost around 500? Cooldown somewhere around one to one and a half minutes, maybe up to two.

Hero Creation: Pending...
Mandrake Champion: Kheradruakh
Rogue Primaris Psyker: Aeos Valerin
Slaaneshi Daemonette : The Masque
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unnamed hero

Post by Glycine on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 am

Well, where do we start when trying to find something for your skills? I'm thinking an Adeptus Sororitas would do, in some unique form different from their usual gun-toting ways. I'd change a few names around, give the basis for her powers in being able to channel the divine power of the Emperor, and it comes together rather nicely.

Innate: When you give something a % chance to trigger, you have to note what's triggering it? Is it 15% on attack, on being damaged, every second, etc?

Node/Crush: Something seems off, but I can't pinpoint it. Good for now.

Abolish: Grass will tell you about how he can't work with buffs as an individual object, so I'll leave that to him. Otherwise a good concept.

Cascade: So if cast on an enemy, it can't bounce to an ally and heal them?

Promise to Glory: Is somewhat weak as an ult. When you're facing 4k health heroes, 500 life is nothing. I can see you're trying to buff units, but think of something interesting. A new concept, perhaps.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:20 am

innate: same question as gly.
you can also swap the ms/ias values

node:
heh, its a little bland, cause its mainly just a remote mine.
its a decent skill, but something does seem off XD
the damage is a touch low.
and dont put a limit, no matter the duration, but up the cd a bit

abolish:
list of things i can do with buffs:
-count them (positive/negative/all/timed life/aura)
-remove them (positive/negative/all)
-remove a specific buff
-check to see if a unit has a specific buff

anythign else would require re-coding of virtually everything

cascade: numbers are way op, but concept is acceptable Razz

ult:
global buffs. unique so far, but still kinda bland.
you can swap the ms/ias values

overall:
too many heals Razz (3)
as to the fluff/40k application... i got nothin really

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Changes/Additions

Fluff: I didn't really know what kind of hero style this would be best for, and I didn't really want to try and find one, but an Adeptus Sororitas sounds pretty acceptable if you wanted it with an Imperium side.

Innate: It's on attack, I totally forgot to mention that.

First skill: I don't know what seems fishy about it. =\

Second skill: Probably change it to remove all buffs and burns mana per buff removed (if possible) scaling on damage would be a necessary change. If you can do the whole concept, as in remove debuffs from allies as well, it'd probably be the same values.

Third Skill: In response to Glyc, I don't think it would necessarily need to do that, because I don't know if you'd be able to actually work that out. And I personally wouldn't like that, but if other people wanted it later on if the hero was okayed and implemented, that change would be fine. Id say leave it at a heal or damage attack.

Ult: Maybe switch the heal to a percentage instead? I was a bit concerned about that as well, because tanks and melee heroes will have a lot larger pool of HP, whereas casters won't necessarily.

Other stuff: I don't really think its too many heals, because most of the heals are dual purposed as attacks as well, and none (aside from the ult if changed to a percentage) would really heal an exceptionally large amount of life at once, so it'd be still fairly balanced instead of having a character with something comparable to holy light that heals a burst of 1000 HP or something. I would prefer to have the heals/damages spread out like they are because they make the skills a little more useful. Since not all heroes have debuffs or buffs, having a heal/damage capability on Abolish makes that skill a little more useful. Because if the other team picked the right heroes, its possible that skill might not even be useful. Also, despite having a lot of heroes, it has a fairly balanced damage output as well, especially if we do as Grass says and give nodes unlimited amounts and a long cooldown, it could potentially mine someone to death with little difficulty if it could pull someone into a trap.

Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Innate: You need scaling progressions for 6 levels, not just one. Movement speed should probably cap out at 25-30% and attack speed can be a high value. Does the bonus only affect her/him/it or does it spread to allies within a certain range? What's that range?

A 5 second cooldown and a 3 second duration seem a bit small for a buff, so if you would raise the numbers, but keep the cooldown/duration ratio the same, it should be fine.

Node: Just the potential of 10+ nodes going off in one place at once maybe seems off. A tad. And it also seems a little bland concept-wise, as it's the equivalent of a low-cooldown, infinite amount mine.

I have an idea for it, but only if you're willing to hear it.

Abolish: Make it heal mana then, in a parallel relationship. It'll burn mana from enemies for every buff they have and restore mana to allies for every debuff they have.

Cascade: Again, numbers. And I don't want that. I like an either/or skill. The image of a cascade doesn't exactly remind me of a decreasing amount. Start off with a low heal and increase the heal per bounce to units, but make it the reverse for the damage.

Ult: Percentages would work better, but I want to see more creativity, if I am permitted that pleasure.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 am

Let's hear your idea on the first skill. I like the mana idea on Abolish. I don't know if I like the heal going up and damage going the other way. Maybe swap them around. You'd want your heal to be reliable up front and the damage, since almost all the skills except ult deal some damage, could suffer being more random.

The innate would be only the hero, and yeah, scaling will need to be done on it. I figured increasing the frequency it activates would be enough. Idk, maybe it could add a +% chance to self heal or armor bonus to stay with the general theme.

If you have a suggestion for creativity on the ult, that'd be great, but I like the uhm. Buff effect.

Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 am

I'll probably want to use this model: Click me!

And because this model looks so much like the current Rakel, I went looking around for a new model for her, something that fit better. So this might work. It's a skin, mind you, of the Sorceress. Again! And Grass, I know you're not fond of the Sorceress's voice, but we need to use all the types of models we can.

And for Fluff, here I go.

Sister [You make up a good name] was a sister of the Order Hospitalier, serving as a healer on the battlefield through many conflicts. She not only healed the weary but also took their place on the battlefield armed with but a staff and her faith against many a terrible foe.

It was to be against the Tyranids, that most dreaded of foes, in which she became something more than a healer. Stuck on a planet in the Eastern Fringe with but a squad of guardsmen, she resolved to march 120 kilometers across lictor-infested territory to make it to the withdrawal point, for the world was dead.

The night before her march, as she prayed to the Emperor for salvation, he came to her, a beacon of light in the dire darkness. With these words, he gave her his blessing:

"Healer, long have you uplifted others with your feelings and faith, yet you fear your devotion will not be of use to you against the monsters you will encounter. Do not fear, for faith is your true weapon, shattering the bonds the unfaithful make, and with faith, you shall smite those who oppose you. Those that accompany you will fight as if spirits of wrath, and all will pale before your fury."

And with that, she awoke. The whole thing was but a dream, she was certain, and with one last prayer, she rounded up her squad and started the march, all but certain to be suicidal. When the first hormagaunts charged, things looked different, however. It was as if she saw the invisible strings guiding their motions, twisted, primal threads spread across each of the unholy creatures. With a wave of her fingers, the strings cut, and the creatures began to fight amongst themselves.

In this way, she and her squad bested any Tyranid spawn in their path, until they came upon a Zoanthrope, something far different than the mindless creeps encountered so far. This new creature pulsated with the unholy power and instantly smote a few guardsmen with a whim. So their titanic clash was set up, the faith and holy fire of the Sister against the cold, sharp logic of the Warp, but the true outcome of their fight was not to be known, for the world went blank for the sister.

The Emperor came to her once again, reminding her of what she must do: "With these gifts, you have conquered your fear. Now, go forth, my daughter, and bring relief and comfort to those wounded. To their foes, show no mercy, and become as if an angel, lovely to behold, yet fearsome in battle. Your faith is your shield, your sword, and your gift, so go forth and live."

When she came to, she was in the presence of Astartes of the Lamenters chapter, who had sensed her battle nearby. Only a few guardsmen remained, but even the Space Marines remarked on the spectacular nature of her feat. Naturally, the Inquisition was highly suspicious of such a journey, and so absconded from that doomed world with the sister.

Some say she is still seen on battlefields today, and they call her Librana, the individual who gives life to her allies and deals death to her enemies. Others merely remark that she is but a folk tale, and the true fate of that sister remains in the cell of some unknown Inquisitorial torture chamber. Who can tell, in these dark times?

Last edited by Glycine on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 am

I like it. The first model seems more appropriate, but either is good I suppose.

Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 am

Oh, the second model is meant to replace rakel as your rogue primaris psyker, not for this hero. And any changes you would make with the fluff?
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:23 am

Nope. Its fine. Lol

Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:02 am

Do you have a particular name in mind?

Fluff has been finished, mind you.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 am

i like the fluff, but good luck getting that into a tooltip Razz

now faire:

innate: dont make it boost ias *and* damage (they both increase overall dps, so increasing both is roughly the same as double-increasing one)
swap the MS and IAS, and scale them up from there.
(25% ms as a lvl 1 buff is a bit much)

node:
(just suggestion numbers)
cd: 15, duration: of about 180 seconds

i like gly's ideas for the managain on abolish
and start high on heal, start low on damage for cascade

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 am

Sounds good to me. We'd have to paraphrase the fluff lol

Changes to Innate: has a 5/7/9/11/13/15% chance to increase movent speed by 15/17/19/21/23/25% and attack speed by 25/27/29/31/33/35% for 3 seconds. Cooldown 5 seconds. (Passive)

I like the node numbers. 15 seconds seems fairly reasonable.

Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down