I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Wh40k Movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wh40k Movie

Post by DeusMechanicus on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:31 am

Well, just ordered me the Ultramarine CE.. Hopefully they didn't fuck it- Hell, even if they did, I'd order it anyway. I don't like the Ultramarines, I just want me a box with the Aquila on it.

“The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!”

HEROES: Ku'gath Plaguefather | Hector Rex | Ghazghkull Thraka !
DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wh40k Movie

Post by Glycine on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 am

Heh, hopefully it's good.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairemont on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Its out? D:

Hero Creation: Pending...
Mandrake Champion: Kheradruakh
Rogue Primaris Psyker: Aeos Valerin
Slaaneshi Daemonette : The Masque
Fairemont
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Just got done watching it..

Spoiler:
Meh. It was alright, not as good as I expected. It was, atleast, true to Wh40k lore. Though they made the Imperial Fists out to be bitches ... AND, the Imperial Fists were guarding a decaying shrine. Maybe it's just me, but I think the Imperial Fists, masters of fortification, and construction in general, would've kept the place in a little bit better condition. And the Imperial Fists Chaplain didn't own enough heretic ass, but again, maybe that's just me. Though I thought it was stupid that the Chaplain didn't detect heresy and the inevitable betrayal. Anyone who knows Wh40k lore watching the movie will instantly realise, "Hey, wait, Chaplains literally CANNOT be turned to Chaos*. So he's obviously not the traitor."

* - The Word Bearers don't count. Their Chaplains were converted to Dark Apostles way back in the Horus Heresy. Every other Traitor Legion was forced to murder all their Chaplains because they wouldn't turn away from the Emperor.

Other than those flaws, I'd recommend it. The Emperor demands more! ... but he demands the Black Templars!

Seriously, if this movie was about the Black Templars it'd be an hour of them raping xeno / heretic face, rather than Ultramarines going around being little bitches. And I'm curious as to why an Ultramarine Chaplain wasn't present in the movie. I know they took outstanding losses defending Macragge from the Tyranids, but still... didn't make sense. Especially when they're being sent to investigate an Imperial shrine.

Not to mention it'd make alot more sense that the Black Templars would investigate a distress beacon from their brother chapter* the Imperial Fists, rather than the Ultramarines ... but I guess it's whoever is closest.

* - Legio VII, the Imperial Fists -> Chapters Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Black Templars, et cetera

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear! In our blood and the blood of the Emperor's enemies we renew our oaths! In the names of the Emperor, our infallible master, of Dorn, our beloved father, of Sigismund, our first champion, we hunt the mutant, the xeno, the heretic!

“The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!”

DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Meh. It was alright, not as good as I expected.

Wanted to give a little thought to the issue (havn't seen yet) Its because they had to make it entirely of their OWN MONEY. Games workshop did not give them any to help make it, so all the expenses in the movie are out of pocket of the studio.
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Meh. The Fists were made bitches, and I expected more out of the whole movie, as Zebio said. I'm not a huge fan of Daemon plots unless done correctly, and it's like the daemon laid down at the end so he could get pulverized by the hammer. *shrugs*

Hopefully they make something better.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 am

Yeah, the Daemon really bitched out there at the end. And the Chaplain should've known right off the bat that Captain Severus was possessed. I don't like that the Chaplain was ever suspected of heresy... that marine is retarded. If he were a Librarian, I could understand. Librarians are often corrupted. But Chaplains are uncorruptable. They are the Emperor's presence in each chapter. Anyway, did anyone understand what was up with the Codex? It was supposedly given to them to guard by the Emperor himself ... and it has the ability to open a warp gate. I'm guessing a book written by Lorgar, or atleast a Chaos Lord ... but wouldn't either of those be given to the Inquisition to destroy, or locked up tight by the High Lords of Terra on a secure world (most likely Terra itself) not some backwater planet?

The plot definitely could've been a lot better. The Ultramarines are famous for fighting Tyranids, so why not have them fighting Tyranids? Them investigating a Genestealer cult I think would've been better. But, overall, I think they did a good job with it, considering their budget. I think Games Workshop should have pitched in on the budget and had THQ make the movie. Look at the "Dawn of War" intro ... that's 3 minutes of Space Marine badassness (I would liken it to an orgasm for the eyes). With the right funding, THQ could make an EPIC full length film.

I would have also liked to have seen a Predator ... or better yet, a Dreadnought. I would've needed a new pair of shorts had a Dreadnought stomped out and raped some Black Legion bitches, or awoken in the main hall during the Daemon fight. Daemon vs Dreadnought epic battle (Dreadnought would've crushed him though, or set his ass on fire). They did put in the Landspeeder, which was cool ... but you never got to see it fight. It flew around for afew minutes, the guys got sniped ... and then it was gone. You never see it again.

DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 am

With the right funding, THQ could make an EPIC full length film.

Are you serious? Just because they made a good cinematic does not mean they'll be able to produce a good movie. Laughing
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Good Storytellers: Check
Good Animators: Check
Intricate Knowledge of Material: Check

... That's basically the entire checklist for a CGI movie, except maybe voice actors. The music from the DoW games is good, so check "Score" off as well. And, imho, most of the voice acting from the DoW games is pretty badass, so I guess you could probably check that one off as well. As long as they had funding, I don't see any reason they couldn't turn the awesomeness of the DoW series into an equal awesome movie. Only downside, it'd be about the Blood Ravens.

DeusMechanicus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top