I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Zeb's hero corner!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Zeb's hero corner!

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Lol. Give me specific changes to make, and I'll make them for cell, should he be too lazy. (that means fix it cell)

Innate: A lowering of MS values is needed, but -15% AS won't affect anything. >> And as for the damage, Typhus does 60 damage at max level of the innate and slows by more at all levels. If it turns out to be too much, for a hero who's not a tank, it can be reduced.

Touch: Agreed.

Constrict: I don't like holds of most kinds. Even though you can disrupt them, we don't have very many stuns at all in the game, to be honest. Lower the duration, perhaps?

Spear: Agreed.

Ult: The damage does need to go down. If you get a void to pull, it will dominate any team battle, even if interrupted. Since it stacks with the innate, you'll be doing 720 damage + 900, which is a lot. I would try and max out ult damage for casters at close to 900-1100, especially since this is an AoE.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm

ZebioLizard wrote:
Also, how are anything moved over to development forum, I've read through a few and it seems gly or someone just randomly ports them over. Mad

Development Hero Process

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:13 pm

however, i wouldnt lower the duration on constrict too much, because it doesnt actually fully disable the target.
Its not even that useful in a team fight, because the target can move, attack, and cast spells.

if you can get someone to stay within the damage aoe for 14 seconds, it will do 1200 damage by itself.
if you can keep them within innate range, itll do an additional 420 damage.
max possible damage ever just by casting and staying with them is 1620 damage.

however, 14 seconds is alot... so dont reduce the residual damage.
the first 4 seconds can be lowered to maby 125? so your dealing 500 damage over 4 seconds?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Grass, please don't understate the importance of a hold. Even if they can still move and attack, you can literally trap someone in creeps if you have 5 seconds to burn. If they have a stun, yes, they can cancel it, but if they cannot disrupt the hold, they not only take 50 damage per second, but the damage from the innate and any damage from the DoT of touch on a regular attack. Not to mention you can combo a spear onto them, get another 250 + 160 damage, and keep attacking.

He's subtly very powerful, especially in the early game.

If you kill a hero's mobility, you'll find killing that hero becomes so much easier.

And even a portion of 14 seconds can deal a lot of damage, since Toxic Zoey is free to cast spells after 4 seconds. If anyone even stays in the AoE for the first 4 seconds, they'll get another 5 seconds of exposure if Toxic Zoey can get off a constrict and then another 2 seconds with spear.

So you can keep someone in the AoE for 7 seconds, if they're in the AoE to begin with after the channeling ends.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Grass Hopper wrote: wouldnt lower the duration on constrict too much

i didnt say leave it.
but allowing them freedom of movement/action greatly limits its use as a disable.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 am

To grass: This is a team map, having a 5 second movement hold invites Fuck you's all around. If this was a 1 vs 1 map it might be what you say though Razz

rawr

stats:
strength: 25 + 2.0
agility: 24 + 2.2
intelligence: 16 + 1.9

movespeed: 305
range: 500

innate: BLood Brothers
"Farsight and his enclave are sword to each other, and will protect, defend, and support each other to the bitter end. Witnessing Farsight in battle spurs them on to greater acts of heroism, while, in face of his demise, they fight harder than ever before."
gives 1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 armor, 10/12/14/16/18/20% damage, and 2/3/4/5/6/7% movespeed.
bonuses increase by 5% for each 10% missing hp

So...He gets an innate 20% damage, which buffs up by 10% of missing hp, and movement speed that goes up at the same time... Might want to lower the increase for the missing hp, or weaken the damage gain, as a flat rate (+ X) isn't as painful in the lategame as a %

Plasma Assault
"Farsight actives his suit's jet pack and flies towards his enemies, raining death on them from his Plasma Rifle."
jumps to target location
deals 100/140/180/220 damage to enemies in the target aoe
manacost: 60/70/80/90, range: 700/800/900/1000, cooldown: 20/17/14/11, aoe: 300
note: icon will be recolored

Increase cooldown due to damage and low mana cost

Crushing Arc
"Using his Battlesuit to draw additional power into his sword, Farsight swings his Dawn Blade in a destructive arc of crackling energy infront of him, obliterating his enemies."
knocks back and deals 75/125/170/225 + 1.25xStr damage too all enemies in front of Farsight

Tis fine, go on

Dawn Blade
"The dawn blade is an alien artefact that O'Shova gained on the dead world of Arthas Moloch. Its sculpted surface flickers with unknown energies that paint glittering arcs of destruction as it is swung."
when toggled on, Farsight fights in melee.
He destroys 15/20/25/30% magic resistance with each strike.
Deals 4 damage per point of resistance destroyed, replacing normal attack damage.
Has no effect on enemies already affected by this skill.
cooldown: 4 seconds (to swap between modes), duration: 8 seconds

Destroys...Magic resistance? Is that bloody possible? and does 120 damage per strike and has no effect on those affected? How are they affected? Till 100%? one blow? Erm yeah, this needs details...and possible weakening..I think.

Ult: Strike the Killing Blow
"when the time is right, Commander Farsight can signal his elite bodyguard of Battlesuits for a coordinated strike on all key targets on the battlefield, often ending the battle in one decisive strike."
summons on Battlesuit next to each enemy hero on the map.
As the battlesuits approach, the fire a salvo of seeker missles at their target, dealing 225/300/375 damage.

Combat: 40-67 + 0/10/20 damage, 500 range, 1.8 attack cooldown
Defense: 700 + 0/250/500 hp, 2 + 0/2/4 heavy armor, 320 movespeed.
(ability)Fusion Gun: deals 1.5/1.75/2x damage to buildings at 200 range
(ability)Flamer: Attacks deal 20 dps for 5 seconds
(ability)Jet Pack: jumps 500/700/900 range
(ability)Shield Generator: blocks 50% of damage, 2 mana per damage.

Salvo of missles..So the damage they do is AoE rather then single target, however...Few issues.

1: Seems to be permanent, can group together and really fuck shit up and building crush
2: It's a summon, and a full map AoE attack on heroes
3: Flamer deals: 100 damage after 5 seconds
4: 900 range jetpack
5: If the heroes are grouped together, they will get hit by a shitload of combined missles
6: There's no limit to the battlesuits..

The words Hero Rape and Base Rape are simultaneously invoked! Once they are used, they can jetpack out, group together, get with the hero and fuck over several outposts due to 60-87 X 2 damage to buildings, with shield generators to keep them alive even under fire. Or drop in on a hero and fuck him over with Six Jetpacking models (plus hero) and fuck his face in

These things have all the power. ALL OF IT!

Suit Model

model for Farsight (possibly...)
or this model because it looks vaguely similar and has a gun and sword animation
model for ultimate's missles

FUCK FUCK FUCK. lost this entire post -.-
as well as icons and models.
FUCK

repaired as much as i could remeber[/quote]
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 am

The innate maxes out (I think) at 3.8 armor, 30% damage and 10% movespeed.
Its not 20 + 5% its 20 + (20*.05)
5% of the bonus. Not 5% ontop of the bonus.

Yes, after play test the cooldown on plasma will go up.

Sword: each attack lowers resist by the stated amount. It deals damage for each resist removed, and it doesn't count resistance that brings the value below 0 (of they have 25 when you remove 30, it'll only deal 100 damage) this damage replaced attack damage.
It won't affect heroes with less than 0 resistance.
The Tooltip is a little outdated sorry.

And the ult
Its single target damage.
The flamer doesn't stack with itself or other flamers (just the duration refreshes)
I removed the fusion gun ability

And in practice, you end up with maby 1 suit after casting it. Because unless their team is gathered together, its hard to keep track and save all the summons from across the map.

It is powerful, yes, but not *that* bad.
And I need to increase the suits attack cooldown.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:12 pm

I think after last night's events, you might want to reconsider your statement of not being able to horde battlesuits. >> It's tricky, yes, but if you use it to get kills off people, you'll more than likely save the battlesuit. So yes, you could definitely rape someone with him and a convoy of his suits.

I'll say it again: Please learn how to balance summons. You not only have ZEUS in your ult, but you also have summons that are easily the most powerful non-hero unit in the game, with all their abilities. At this point in his testing, all I see is another Cato, except even more imba.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:24 pm

At one time, the most suits I had was 3.

And I plan on increasing the attack cooldown, the ults cooldown, and changing the attack type to piercing.
Its on a (soon to be) 170s cooldown for 5 summons. Split across the map.
Tbh, I didn't are their effectivness against buildings for one, or anything truely imbalanced for their genral availability

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 pm

That doesn't change the possibility of being able to hoard battlesuits, Grass. All it does is make it slightly less likely, but not impossible. If people can find a way to break a game, they will do so, a la Typhus. Just because you make it hard for someone to gain a large advantage doesn't erase the size of the advantage.

And I noticed one thing last night as well. He has no defenses besides health, armor, and a jump. It was fairly easy to wear you down if you became too overzealous and the only thing that saved you on multiple occasions was a jump. He's able to nuke people early game, but really can't do a whole lot late game besides Dawn Blade or try to harass. The AoE nuke you have in jump does less than half the health of a melee creep and it takes until late game for arc to do anything to creeps besides get them off you. He's very limited in what he can do, which is disappointing to see, considering I never wanted him in the nuker role, but he's ended up as such. Since he's all coded in, there isn't a whole lot that can be done to change him, thematically.

He was to be a frontline support, but being ranged and without any reason defense doesn't help him do that at all. What he can do is just gank from a distance, calling upon ZEUS for kills. He's pitiful at melee range, by the way.

Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm

I was two shotting creep waves by level 10 o.o

EDIT: In that game, he didn't have access to any mom-accessory items. So I couldn't feasibly get any real suvivability.

I can play with stat gains a bit, because his str gain is pitifully low for a near-melee hero.
But them we run into feugan's problem so .aby not.

Oh, ill also lower the ms on the suits, cause they are too fast for chasing and already have a jump.
And if I see that its necessary, ill add a duration to the suits. I've already said ill do that of its necessary. But so far I havnt seen anything that tells me its necessary

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Err, that first sentence is a problem Razz With your normal attack? xD

Well, all that's left is more testing, then, to find out what really is necessary.
Glycine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:56 pm

With plasma and arc, sorry Razz

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3