A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Dark Heresy - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Dark Heresy

+3
cellrawr
ZebioLizard
DeusMechanicus
7 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Dark Heresy - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Heresy

Post by Glycine Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:33 pm

I guess I'll handle logistics.

It seems Deus wants to GM first, but we should all take turns eventually.

What's the program used to coordinate RPG style play and what messenger shall we use? A standard one, like MSN/AIM that links to Pidgin or another program or website?

We should start creating characters, by the way, so the GM can start creating a scenario and we can start relatively smoothly.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm pretty sure we can use GameTable for everything. Or GameTable and Vent or TeamSpeak or something like that.

GameTable includes a built-in dice roller, and it shows the results publicly, so that eliminates the chance of anyone being dishonest. But also allows the GM to set his rolls to "Private" so the players don't see. It also includes a chat menu, if we want to do that instead of voice.

You can get it for free here -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gametable/
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

I will say now, I cannot use voice. I can listen, but if your mikes suck zeb will officially cut that off. Wink

I have listened to horrible mikes all along steam and live, I aint going to survive it anymore Razz
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Well I think it'd be a lot easier for the GM to read what your characters see rather than type it, but I don't care either way. Should create a thread on this forum somewhere (maybe make a sub-forum thing) to keep track of character sheets and synopsis of what has happened ingame. Would also be useful for maps, inventory, data slates, et cetera characters receive in the game. So any player can access it without having to record everything themselves. Also, before we start ... try to remember even though you may know Wh40k lore front to back, that doesn't mean your character knows every inch of the Imperium. Razz (ie; no metagaming)

Example:

GM- An ever changing mass of flesh materializes in front of you...
Player- A Horror!
GM- *smack* Roll "Forbidden Lore (Demonology)"
Player- *rolls*
GM- Fail. You don't know what it is. Anyway, an ever changing mass...
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 am

I still need to know if we are using the Inquisitor's Handbook/Radical's/Blood of Martyr or not for our first game so I can make my character. There's a lot of stuff that those supplements add to the basic careers also besides the new career paths and rules. <.< I'd personally want to just do core rulebook so I can learn the basics.

<.< Also, if we don't use voice we should prob implement some speaking etiquette rules so we all don't just type what we're doing at the same time so we can actually interact with each other.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:30 am

I think we're just going to do the core rulebook for now.

What kind of timetable are we going to work on? Maybe every 4 weeks, we finish one scenario, if we meet once a week?

I don't think we need to accelerate anything, but patience will be necessary.

And here's a rule I would suggest. If one person is seemingly unable to make a date when everyone else is, then that one character is frozen in time until that one person can come back?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 am

I said I don't mind voice, but I do not have a microphone..Nor does my jack work if I'm right, after something fucked it up.

Core's good for now
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 am

Well, as long as you have words to communicate with, I see no problem.

My mic works fine, so we'll see what kind of compromise we can work out.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:48 am

Time table will highly depend on our play really. If we just dick around story wise, the scenario will take forever. Also, it depends on the scenario itself. They will have different lengths from each other, and that highly depends how long our sessions are when we do meet.

<.< Could probably make it roleplay reasons instead of they are just frozen in time just because. Like if we are currently on a mission, they just suddenly pass out or something happens to knock them out. They other players would watch over his body as he's carried along or they stow him away somewhere safe (their personal transport they took, or some hiding spot something won't fucking with their body if we aren't there). If we aren't currently on a mission, it could be that the Inquisitor has them doing another task for them.

If the person joins us again during a mission, they could roleplay it into they are coming to reinforce us or could be given a completely other task to do on their own while the others are out. We also all don't have to necessarily be together for everything that happens. Say like some sneaky/tracker type could be scouting out another part of the mission and stuff.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 am

My mic works also, but if we do use them we do have to make some kind of ruling if even just one of us has to type only so we all just don't speak over his actions.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 am

I'd go with Cell on missing persons. If someone can't make it, they're incapacitated and/or missing for the duration. No negative effects (other than lack of EXP gain), unless it happens multiple times- then maybe some other penalties. Anyway, yeah, you're all at the beck and call of your Inquisitor, after all. He's really the deciding factor in when / where you go.

Just the core rulebook is fine with me. I'm going to use one of the provided stories for the first arc (slightly modified, I like the outline, just not the details, so I'm making my own). It's pretty short, I'm guessing probably a month, playing once a week. Possibly three weeks.

Also, let me know if anyone needs to me to help seed Cell's torrent.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 pm

@_@ Gah, whoevers GMing, there is A LOT of stuff to remember. Been reading the rulebook since this morning.

But, the Righteous Fury rule could cause us to have hilarious battle moments. Basically, when rolling for damage on a successful hit, if you roll a 10 (even if you roll for a weapon that does d5. You should roll a d10 dice and just do half of the result then round it up.), you get to roll a weapon/ballistic skill check again as if making another attack. If you succeed, you get to roll again and add whatever you roll to your damage total. If you roll another 10 on that roll, you get to do it again (without the skill check) adding on that damage. This keeps repeating until you stop rolling 10s. So if you are extremely lucky enough, you could kill a guy wearing power armor with a single regular punch.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:21 pm

http://www.scribd.com/doc/47305373/Feln-Orleans

<.< My character. Gotta dl it to see the whole thing, but hey that means you get an awesome character sheet for yourself. It's a writable pdf you can save!

All the extra stuff like +characteristics and wounds from traits/talents/divination are all added into their respecitve stuff.

Last edited by cellrawr on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Says file can't be found
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:14 pm

<.< Some stuff got cut off at the end. Should work now.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Now it'll let me look at it, but if I go to "Download", it still says "File Not Found"
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 am

<_< Grah, fine. Ill just use scribd. THAT ONE BETTER WORK, BECAUSE IT DOES FOR ME. Dl it if you can't read it due to LINES OUT OF NOWHERE.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:14 am

Cool, a Tech-Priest. Follower of Deus Mechanicus or the Omnissiah?

I know it says in his background he doesn't follow the Cult of the Machine dogma, but you still have to offer up some prayers to the Machine Spirits ... or bad things could happen. Twisted Evil

Anyway...

I'm ready to start whenever you guys are. I've got the majority of the story worked out, just need to familiarize myself with the rules a little better and look up appropriate loot.

Did we ever decide upon a day / time?
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:05 am

This'll be where you guys are starting... Well, technically, you're on a ship ("Ironmonger", Jericho-class pilgrim vessel), but this is where you'll be headed..

//Query: results for "victus prime, world"
//Default: Display most relevent match executed

Victus Prime (γ-class)

Population: 17 million

Tithe Grade: Decuma Secundus

Geography|Demography: Trans-continental industrial operations have lead to the eradiaction of all natural landscape, interspersed with polluted seas. High level of environmental toxicity, highly turbulent weather patterns with corrosive rainstorms (query "blood rain"), survivability maintained by a network of macro-atmosphere processing units. Population stable according to recent Adaministratum census.

Government Type: Theocracy under the supervision of the Departmento Munitorium. Last lead by Pontif Bernard Okee (query "distress, #4A-07918 CV-099").

Planetary Governor: Archprefect Petronius ala Campi.

Adept Presence: Very Low. Political and economic business on Victus Prime is handled by native officials, overseen by Departmento Munitorium and Adaministratum personnel in Sheaf. Presence of Adeptus Arbites classified as Very Low. Presence of Ministorum classified as Very High for a planet of Victus Prime's population.

Military: Munitorium Security Forces, Royal Guard (local PDF). Poor Quality.

//Terminate

Last edited by DeusMechanicus on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

<.< Yea, I know I'm going to have to give prayers to the Machine Spirits. I'm meaning for the character to be not one of the fanatics of the religion though. A comparison I would use would be how the Space Marines and Sisters of Battle view the Emperor differently, I guess. She just wants to mainly work with technology instead, but she still believes in it.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Oh, both you and gly said saturdays as a good day. Just would have to see if it's good with Zebio also, otherwise we'll need to find a day Friday-Monday that works.

<_< Oh, the players should post their character sheets so the GM has access to what skills/talents/traits you got to make it less hectic.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Saturdays good. Just reading through the manual a bit.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm

k. What times Saturday should we meet up (earlier than when we want to actually start the game so we can work out the vent/gametable stuff). Oh, I could run a small free vent server unless someone else knows of one we could use. <.< Just make sure to put me down to half volume when in vent. You guys doing it gets much better results than me trying to fuck around with my outbound.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Yeah, it'd be nice to look over everybody's character before we start.

I'm free all day Saturday, so anytime before 10 pm CST is good for me.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:20 pm

By Authority of the Holy Inquisition

Dark Heresy - Page 3 D8ddc5c299961ad53a661f2588ce49bca2f075e41b703e72e98ab0ce64fb46744g
Loyal Acolytes,

You are requested and required forthwith under the authority of the God-Emperor of Mankind to submit to this writ and order and serve the most Holy Ordos of His Inquisition.

I bind you over at His requirement to the service of Inquisitor Thaddeus on the world of Victus Prime for so long as he sees fit to the particulars of this task. Obey him as you would me, lest your lives be forfeit and shame be brought on your names.

On that planet you are to conduct incognito an investigation into the unsanctioned murders of Pontif Bernard Okee and several high ranking members of Munitorium and Adaministratum. Your goal is to identify among the population any who might have fallen from the Emperor's light and that may be in service to factions and powers in conflict with the Conclave.

Further knowledge of this world and your duties should be obtained from my esteemed colleague Inqusitior Thaddeus, from whose hands this order has been delivered to you.

Remember, as related to me, this is foremost a mission of observation and guile, but do not hestitate to defend yourselves with utmost vigour and strike where your duty to the Emperor determines you have no other choice.

Go in the light of the Golden Throne with my prayers for your safe passage and my certain faith that you will serve honorably.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next