I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

63% 63% [ 5 ]
38% 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» Faction creeps
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquisitoin] Brother-captain Stern
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:37 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Glitches are more common then things working FIX CRAP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glitches are more common then things working FIX CRAP

Post by Mortis on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Kharn still doesnt work, hasnt ever that ive seen him. Necron lord's stun doesnt work half the time, Vindicare is utterly useless and his invisibility thing doesnt work if someone is targeting him. Farsight is op, as is Autuch. Pathfinder's abilitys ruin people. Zoey is too tanked, and recipes dont make sense. The terrain makes no sense, with random spots that dont change elevation but somehow block line of sight. Too many heros are just unstoppable if they start getting fed, and most of the game can get a blink, either with one of their innate abilities, or with the stupid portal generator. Bionics does too much, and is required for almost any hero if they want to surivve, because anyone who doenst have it dies to one of a dozen op abilities, making everyone struggle to tank, constantly. There is too little disable that works for an exteneded period of time, thus dps heros tend to automatically win any engagment, unless the other person stuns and runs. The game is skewed, with clannies utterly dominating any game they are in, and scaring off new comers. Everytime a new hero is introduced, it starts off op, then either stays that way or gets nerfed to the ground. Half the triggers dont work, and the game struggles with a lack fo anything approaching rudimentray balance. If someone just happens to push into the base, they suddenly loose all ability to get exp and gold, while the other team gets a farming frenzy, skewing the game until they are level 25 with full inventories and can buy back endlessly, thus winning.

The game is almost unplayable, and major things need to be simplified:

1, The items system doesnt make sense. There should be 1 item for an effect, not multiples that go into eachother in convoluted recipes. Instead: Say 1 mana burn item, 1 life steal item, 1 stun item, for weapons. As is, it is confusing, and rather stupid, with the combinations not making a single bit of sense.

2, Stop adding heros in the new manner, go this way: Instead of making heros you like and think are cool, balance them this way: 1 intelligence hero to 1 strength hero to 1 Agility hero. All ranged dps in this game is intelligence based right now, which isnt right. Strength heros should primarily be melee, with RARE exceptions for ranged, not the current situation. Intellegence heros should deal their dps through spells, not attacking. Agility heros should deal their damage through attacks, like a strength hero. As is, its a hodgepodge of random effects and unbalanced abilities that conflict.

3, Terrain is confusing and makes no sense. Why should line of sight stop randomly in the middle of a lane? And only in one direction? That means one side is at an inherent disadvantage, and they are scattered around with no rhyme or reason, thanks to Faire's crappy work. Trees have random exploitable holes in them, which shouldnt exist, and pathing is still faintly screwy.

4, End game sucks. One side pushes in, and if you have an aoe, you farm and hten push back and win without them being able to stop you. if you dont have an aoe, once the base outposts are down, the game is over if they are dps, which most of the game is, and if they are stronger then you. Once a side pushes into the base, they stop gaining gold and exp, and instead watch their opponent have endlessly accelerated farming into maxed out heros. This is inherently out of balance and needs to be fixed.

5, As is, people are forced to build tanks. Intel heros are tanks first, dps second, tanks are tanks that also rape anyone they want to kill. So people, as you say 'need to buy bionics' no matter what stat they SHOULD be stacking, because otherwise they cant win. Half the people in the game buy the Staff so they can heal, but it also does damage, increases mana, and is infinitely abuseable as it slows others and speeds yourself.

6, The way you update sucks. You add a new hero here and there, and patch endlessly, everything is just another patch. Stop releasing new versions until we get the map stable and balanced, we need to make the game work before we add new stuff.

/endrant

Mortis
Veteran Seargent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glitches are more common then things working FIX CRAP

Post by Son007 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Only really agree with you on 3, 4 and 5. Terrain being a major thing that should be fixed asap. Looking at how DotA's map is and looking at W40k, DotA's map is much cleaner, balanced and fair. End game isnt that bad. If you cant push to win then don't push. And if you do push to win make sure that your there pushing and helping creeps. When my team gets into their base I usually go farm forest. This way I can get exp and gold while my allies do the base. Yes! Bionics gives way, way too much regen even if it costs a lot.

I do agree that clannies do dominate a lot of the games, seeing how most games come down to clanny vs. clanny, once pugs get used to how the game works some of them do well. Maybe some clannies could teach some of the pugs who play the map a lot and help them get better or something.
'
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 am

big wall of text with no specific examples or real arguments that consists of pretty much you raging at anything that's killed you or that you've sucked with
ignored

1:
see => item thread.
then => comments/ideas

2:
so. all ranged dps is int eh? asurmen would like a word with you, and most int heroes are confused.
Define the "current strength ranged hero situation". The only ranged strength her is farsight, and he has bad str gain.
As for this point in general? Way to cookie cutter.

3:
learn to chase better.
Also, specific points in the map where random los loss and tree holes exist would be a major help.
instead of just bitching.

4:
see => auxiliary waves

5:
see => item thread (for staff)

6:
hmm, ill stop releasing new versions... untill i fix the balance.
how do you propose i fix balance without releasing new versions?

overall?
GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THINGS INSTEAD OF JUST BITCHING THAT THEY NEED FIXING.

ILL SAY IT IN ALL CAPS HERE.
I HAVE A VERY LARGE LIST OF THINGS THAT NEED FIXING.
MOST OF THE THINGS PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT ARE ON THIS LIST
I HAVE VERY LITTLE TIME TO FIX THESE THINGS.
I. AM. WORKING. ON. IT.

EDIT:
see bionics thread in the requests forum

*note on pub-stomping:
due to the nature of Aos's (any aos's), there is a very large learning curve because NO ONE can know the abilities and effects of all 39 heroes, as well as what items to get. Yet one is expected to know this right off the bat to be able to compete at all.
its up to the clannies to make sure new people arent scared away by the large learning curve.
there is nothing i can do that i havnt already to lower the learning curve.

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:39 am

Something comes to mind. Mortis, this map is still in its early stages. If you want something fixed, start a reasonable thread, with your list of glitches and such. (Things cant be fixed unless the people fixing it know whats going on.)

In truth bionics doesn't give all that much. Sure it gives good regen, and when it comes to surviability, its very cost effective (I cant remember the values) but wasn't it something like +8 str and +5 regen for a cost of 2k? I'm not sure. And when it comes to combining your bionics, you usually lose the regen, unless you put it into armour, instead of a weapon such as power fist.

If you are so peeved about the terrain, get wards. (If there are in the newest version.) Use common sense too. Instead of noob-clicking the hero, try to move in front of the hero in fog, then doing whatever you do to kill stuff.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am

bllooooddd... the maps been around for ~2 years Razz

and bionics costs, using the item thread, the same as 2*nart + bmech. those 3 items give the same effects as the bionics item, for the same cost.
3 inventory slots vs 1.
yes, bionics does need a nerf/rework... because its not feasable for an item that gives basic str/regen to cost more than 2k.

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Admin

View user profile http://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:58 am

Indeed the maps been around for a bit, but its still in its early stages...

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top