A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_vote_lcap63%Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_vote_lcap38%Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Dark Heresy Volume 2! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Dark Heresy Volume 2!

5 posters

Go down

Dark Heresy Volume 2! Empty Dark Heresy Volume 2!

Post by ZebioLizard Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:30 am

Couldn't find the other post so made another.

Anyways doubt we'll be able to set up a game this weekend, so we might wish to make plans. SET PLANS rather then just general "Come around this middle part of the day" Type plans.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Dark Heresy Volume 2! Empty Re: Dark Heresy Volume 2!

Post by ZebioLizard Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 am

NEW BOOK RELEASED.

WEll more specifically, a new pnp game released. This time in that Nice Spicy Evil flavor.

n its hubris, Mankind claims dominion over the galaxy.
However, their realm is naught but a few flickering candles in a vast
and hungry darkness.

– A Treatise on the End of the Imperium, denounced and burned in 800.M41

It is the 41st millennium, a future in which the vast Imperium of
Man stretches light-years across the galaxy. The wildly popular
Warhammer 40,000 universe is one of constant strife; for untold
billions, merely to be born is to be condemned to a lifetime of cruel
suffering under an unforgiving and draconian regime. Only a select few
in positions of power possess limited freedom: the Inquisitors who hunt
heretics, the Rogue Traders who gather wealth, and the Deathwatch Space
Marines who combat the alien threat. Science and technology offer little
promise of relief; too much has been lost since the Dark Age of
Technology, and all that is left goes to fuel the Imperium’s mighty war
machine. It is a universe of grim darkness.

The intoxicating lure of Chaos leads untold millions down the path
of corruption, and the noblest of intentions offers little protection
against its dark influence. A soldier’s bloodlust, a politician's
ambition, a lover’s desire, and even a mother’s whispered prayer over
her feverish child – they are all the playthings of the Dark Gods. Why
resist? Wealth, power, and happiness await those who serve the Ruinous
Powers, and the only price is your humanity.

Black Crusade is a remarkable standalone RPG that offers players an
entirely new perspective on the conflict between the Imperium of Man and
the forces of Chaos. This groundbreaking concept delivers the
unprecedented opportunity to play as a Disciple of the Dark Gods,
whether as a Chaos Space Marine or a human Servant of Chaos.

Swear allegiance to your dark masters, and reap the rewards of their
favor! The Black Crusade core rulebook contains everything you need to
start your adventure in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:21 am

Problem with "Evil" in Warhammer 40,000 is ... the Chaos Gods (GM) delight almost as much in their minions' epic failures as they do in their successes. Either way, they get to toy with mortals' souls. 98% of players in those games are masochists, GMs ... 100% sadist.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:39 pm

So it's basically a game where the DM is a Killer game master... How is this different from a dark heresy game, where you're inquisitor could be sending you to hellish things where you might not return, Rogue trader where you might end up meeting a Tyranid swarm while looking for profit..Or deathwatch, where even two or three of the included Adventure Modules are UNWINNABLE BY DESIGN!?

In the world of warhammer pnp (including warhammer roleplay) You have to learn to make sheets quickly and effectively Razz. It's an exercise to see how far you can get without dying to the hellish things that come from the warp. It's basically a system that rewards http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KillerGameMaster And yet..It makes sense, it's warhammer afterall. Grimdark is king king
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:02 pm

True, but atleast when you're playing the "good" guys there's a chance of success. When you play Chaos, what do you have to look forward to? An eternity in torment that pushes your sanity to the limits ... and that's just when you do a good job.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Chaos is not so black and white, you know.

In all its irony, there is no difference between the veneration of the Emperor as a deity and worship of other Gods, not just those of Chaos. Every race has its own definition of good and of Gods, and though the few races we have seen point to Chaos as a source of corruption, there are countless other races for which Chaos has been a great boon (Feral they may be, they still count).

Chaos is simply the most fickle of any force in the universe; It may grant you eternal glory, yet doom you to a hell the next moment. Compared to the lives of the downtrodden, the poor, the hungry, a moment in the sunshine is sometimes too good to pass up, even if you get burned.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Well... Actually Deus your quite wrong.

Every single chaos worshiper isnt tortured or ruined...

They have the greatest gift of all, they JOIN their god, become a part of the mutitude of lives and souls that make them up.

The ultimate gift a god grants is ASCENSION to be a greater power... To achieve litterally becoming a demi-god by any definition.

Chaos, and it's worship, is possibly the only religion that can be believed in that universe. It has tangible results, and it's truth has to be cleansed with flame or else it allways spreads...

MUHAAA FOR CHAOS!
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 am

Mortis, get pesterchum and talk to meeeee.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:57 pm

The hell is pesterchum

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:37 pm

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?37333-PESTERCHUM-3.14-Brand-new-Pesterchum!-From-scratch!

It's simply because I know some people hate windows live, or aim with a passion. So I go with one that's completely neutral and new.

It's $imply marvelous in or₫er to pro₫u¢e su¢h interesting quirks within writing. ₱reposterous to ₩rite anything without a quirk really. ¥ou ¢annot live in a worl₫ without them!

Glycine likes it too Very Happy
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm pretty sure the Eldar religion (their pantheon, or atleast Kaela Mensha Khaine) is quite real ... see the Avatar and Phoenix Lords. Anyway, Mortis, you do realise you just used the "I'd rather rule in Hell than serve in Heaven" argument, right? Except that no one rules in Hell (The Warp) except the Devil (Chaos Gods) ... to even think they'd give up a modicum of their own power to anyone without it somehow serving their own end is foolhardy. They may reward a champion who conquers some thing/one in the name of Chaos, but when they fail they're tossed aside for the next up and comer without a second thought.

What society has ever received a boon from Chaos? I can't think of any. Some may not have been destroyed outright, but they didn't receive anything for their devotion. There's several cases where Chaos has passed over (or, rather, screwed over) their own worshipers to gain new ones they feel would be more helpful / powerful (see the Laer extermination by the Emperor's Children). Since their birth (ironically around the same time of the end of Earth's Middle Ages and mankind nearly doubling its population) Chaos has done little, other than squabble amongst themselves, except lead countless civilizations to devote every ounce of themselves to their worship ... and then just sit back, or move on to the next.

And I'm not saying the Emperor is a "good" guy. He's a colossal asshole. That's fact. Even he says so (in Draco, when he meets with the Inquisitor). Though I do believe Mankind's veneration of him as a God, against his own wishes, is creating the Star Child in the Warp - similar to how the Eldar's hedonism lead to the creation of Slaanesh.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:22 am

Societies that recieved Boons:

The Saruthi

The lodges of Davin

The HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of small groups that perform small rituals and ceremonies to which the chaos gods answer with small boons after the required sacrifices are made.

All of grandfather nurgle's blessed... As long as they are alive he loves them all.

How many people/beings have asked the chaos gods for some small boon, and all that was required of them was some small deed or other thing?

Chaos, is actually quite beneficial. Slaneesh gives certain painters the ability to paint beyond their human abilities. Nurgle spreads life/disease with equal abandon, and all it takes is calling out to him and he will lovingly bless you to the point of imunity to pain and damage. For little in return. For a warrior, no better patron exists then Khorne. And to those who value knowledge, Tzneetch can also aid you signifcantly.

It is only those who desperately seek glory in the name of chaos who are so shamelessly used. Usually: A chaos marine, or some other warlord who then turns to chaos and persuses their gifts in the only way he knows. War/plotting/death.
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 am

Explain to me how Chaos' corruption of the Saruthi's body and souls, leading to a civil war and the mass diminishing of their empire, was a boon?

"after the required sacrifices" ... with the normal sacrifice being another living being, or beings. Yeah, that's not corrupt or evil. Slaanesh also drives people to paint with bodily fluids (see Fulgrim, novel) ... which is just gross ... play music that drives mortals insane and/or screw anything with a hole. Tzeentch ... there's no way in hell you can tell me Tzeentch does anything that is not within his/her twisted plan for the galaxy. It's been stated on several occasions that's the ONLY reason Tzeentch does anything. Khorne ... is a psycho. Advancement requires beheading or otherwise maiming/killing your superior, blood sacrifices, mutilating the bodies of your enemies ... Yeah, nice guy. Nurgle is different, granted, but he still creates ZOMBIE PLAGUES ... which is evil in my book. Cool, but evil.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 am

Tzeentch ... there's no way in hell you can tell me Tzeentch does anything that is not within his/her twisted plan for the galaxy. It's been stated on several occasions that's the ONLY reason Tzeentch does anything.

The plan constantly changes and swirls, you could receive a good society for thousands of years to die under a later plan. It's all required for one to go with tzeentch's flow or be left behind as others change. A boon as much as a curse, a curse that could potentially be used in as a skilled weapon if you properly use it right. It all depends on how one flows with the changes of plans Tzeentch prefers. He could save you as much as have you damned. You could be living for eternity under his plots and plans or die as soon as you enter combat. Gain skilled psyker abilities that cause worlds to tremble or you summon a daemon into your soul. Do not presume to know Tzeentch in such a manner.

Khorne ... is a psycho. Advancement requires beheading or otherwise maiming/killing your superior, blood sacrifices, mutilating the bodies of your enemies ... Yeah, nice guy.

Khorne is the God of bloody slaughter, but he is also the god of martial pride and honour, setting oneself against the most dangerous foes and winning against the odds. A devotee of Khorne is as likely to be an honourable champion in combat as a blood-crazed slaughterer.

Slaanesh also drives people to paint with bodily fluids (see Fulgrim, novel) ... which is just gross ... play music that drives mortals insane and/or screw anything with a hole.

Have you seen modern art? There's alot of crap paintings and pee (As in literal excrement) So that's..not to out there. Blood? Not really to much to ask, some societies did the same, you can also change the pigmentation of blood in order to have a variety of color. As for music that drives mortals insane, it's not to out there. "Justin Bieber"
Also..Bringing up screwing anything with a hole..Uh..yeah on second thought, I don't want to bring any pages up on that.

All you seem to focus on in general for the dark gods is the worst they have to offer. If it was ALL they offered, they wouldn't have so many damned followers! They do offer boons and general upgrades afterall. We just usually see the grimdarkest of the grim because thats what's expected of 40k. It's like how the Imperium has cities that aren't corrupt or cities that aren't just pits of decedance with poor slaves down below dying of starvation.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down