A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_vote_lcap63%[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_vote_lcap38%[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns Empty [hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:07 pm

story:
Broken by the savagery of the Space Wolves, the Thousand Sons were forced to take refuge with Horus and further dedicate themselves to Tzeentch. Soon the Thousand Sons began to suffer the effects of debilitating mutation. Ahriman stepped in to convene a conclave of the mightiest sorcerers. He secured their aid in performing a spell he called the Rubric of Ahriman that wuld halt the muations. The spell was cast, and those with sorcerous powers survived, while those without were reduced to dust, their spirits trapped inside their armor for all eternity. Ahriman held the Rubric to be a succes as the physical corruption had been halted, but at the cost of changing most of the Legion into automata.

stats:
strength: 20 + 1.5
agility: 20 + 1.6
intelligence: 27 + 3

range: 600
movespeed: 295

innate; black staff of ahriman
Arhimans extremly powerful staff enables him to focus his imense psychic powers mroe easily, and aids in the rapid casting of many spells. When used, it refreshes the cooldowns of all his spells and gives 20/30/40/50/60 bonus intelligence for 20 seconds. costs 500% of his intelligence to use.
no initial manacost. cooldown: 300/280/260/240/220/200 seconds

math: unless i implement straight +mana items, 500% of his int translates to ~38% of his total mana.

one: doombolt
Ahriman conjurs up a cluster of daemonic missles and hurls them at the target location. Conjures up one bolt for every 10 int that Ahriman has, that deal 30/50/70/90 + 50/55/60/65% of Ahriman's int as damage in a 150 aoe each
cooldown: 8 seconds, manacost: 140/155/170/185 mana.
at level 7(45int) with a level 4 doombolt he would spawn 4 bolts, doing 119 damage each.

two: Chains of Torment
Description Goes Here. Arhiman afflicts the target area with chains of torment, binding all units to the ground, rendering them unable to move. duration is 5% of ahriman's int. aoe, cd, and casting rage improve per level
math: level 1, 1.35 second hold. level 7, 2.25 second hold. level 18, 4.2 second hold
(dont forget, this doesnt actually stun, they can attack and cast spells, but just cant move or use blink-like abilities)

three: Master of Sorcery
Arhiman is a master wielding his psychic powers, has a constant thirst for knowlage that will never be sedated. He seeks this knowledge in those he slays, extracting every ounce of information before he finally kills them. Arhiman gains .05/.1/.15/.2 int per creep killed, and /.5/1/1.5/2 int per hero killed, and reduces the manacost of all Arhimans spells by 55/60/65/70% of his inteligence (he still needs the original manacost to cast the spell)
math: level 7: his spells would cost ~32 less mana, level 11 they would cost ~40 less mana... level 16 they would cost ~50 less mana
at level 25(+20stats) his spells would cost 83 less mana

ult: Rubric of Ahriman
The spell invented by Ahriman to rid the Thousand Suns from the curse of mutation. The spell failed miserably, and all non-psykers were turned to dust in their armor. Ahriman conjurs up his Rubric in the area around him. All units will have buffs removed and be slowed by a factor of 3. Deals 2/2.5/3x the difference between Arhiman and the enemy's int per second, and should an enemy die from this damage, he will be transformed into a souless atomoton under Ahriman's control. Creeps are assumed to have 0 intelligence
cooldown: 150 seconds, manacost: 300/400/500 mana, lasts 5/6/7 seconds, 700 aoe around arhiman.
math: at level 16, a creep would take 216 damage per second. a level 10 farseer would take 42 damage per second(294 total damage).
a level 16 carnifex would take ~113 damage per second (790 total damage)

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:15 pm; edited 10 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns Empty Re: [hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns

Post by Fromundaman Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:27 am

When you say 5x int manacost.... do you mean his base int?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

[hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns Empty Re: [hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:57 pm

no, including bonuses, so its effectively... 38% of his mana to cast, unless i implement straight mana items
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Quick question: Will his ult affect creeps? (They have no int value to my knowledge, but would make good Thousand Son soldiers!)

Seems good though!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 pm

yeah it would. assume creeps have 0 int
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:46 am

Ok. Let's finish this hero, because Ahriman is awesome.

For the second skill, he should have chains of torment. That translates to entangling roots in an area. It should be channeling and it should do no damage. Duration could be 2/3/4/5 seconds.

For the ult. If a hero dies from the rubric, an illusion of that hero should appear. It would take... ~200% damage from all creeps but do 50-75% damage and disappear faster than would normal creep automatons.

What do you think?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:53 am

good idea on the ult

channeling hold goes against a channeling ult... does it have to be channeling?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:20 pm

But wouldn't a non-channeling hold + a channeling ult that summons creeps be too much?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Well, it doesn't have to be channeling. In fact, Ahriman needs the hero to stay put for his ult to actually do something, as they can just run out of it.

And as for the ult, it doesn't summon creeps in the true sense. It's like a spell that kills something and then revives it under his control. So in order for there to be summons, there needs to be creeps around.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:22 pm

yeah, well, however, the ult prolly would slow... but a hold would just be more awesome Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 am

Oh I know how it'll work, and I realize a hold would help, I just think the two together would be OPed Razz
That should be the sort of thing he teams with Lib or LoC for.

Another idea for a skill of his, shamelessly ripped from DoW, would be Corruption, which would make an area deal minor damage and decay armor for 1/2/3/4 armor per second and 20/30/40/50 damage per second. Lasts 8 seconds.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 pm

well, the whole point of the rubric, fluff-wise, was to remove the corruption of chaos from the thousand suns... so having that as a skill wouldnt make sense for ahriman.

altho it is a good idea for a skill, and should prolly go into your skill suggestion thread Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Okay then.

Also, not sure I need to actually 'suggest' anything I'm blatantly ripping from another source... especially when that source is based on the same thing your map is.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 am

Black Staff, while so amazing it makes me want to cry, needs to be inquired upon.

If Ahriman has 200 int and a maxed innate, what's the point? If his int is more than the cost of the spell, how does that work out?

Chains is fine because of the ult.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 pm

first, the likelyness of having 200 int is not very likely at alll, and then in the case of your example... it would cost nothing Razz (im planning on having his spells be mostly expensive to start with, something like 200 for the chains... or 165 for a level 2-3 bolt... and something like 400-750 for his ult... that kinda thing. so its not a huge problem if ghe super stacks int
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:15 pm

anywho, finished it up. added some math...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:49 pm

This hero will definitely need playtesting to balance, but right now, I am worried about doombolt. Doing ~500 damage at level 7 is insane, even if it's over an area and only say 1/2 the bolts hit a single target. Now picture it at level 25. That move will be ridiculously strong, especially when you can chain then, doombolt, refresh cooldown, chain again, doombolt again, then if needed try to ulti, though it probably wouldn't be.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 pm

hmm... 2224 damage if *every* bolt hits a target... that is a bit much...

however, in comparison: pathinders pulse carbine does 600 damage at level 7 over an area... but it doesnt wtfown heros... and thats with 11 shots... this will do 4, so u *might* get hit with 3...

but yeah, heavy playtesting will see him balanced Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Right, but it's really easy to see the pulse carabine coming, since it's the only reason he should be so close.

But yeah, playtesting shall have to make it balanced. I'm more worried about the endgame damage TBH. As you said, 2224 is a bit much. Granted, a lot probably won't hit, but since you can instant refresh cooldown, supposing only half hit, that still makes 2224 damage after both casts, with a root to hold them down so they don't run.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 pm

With 200 Int, he's doing a total of 5000 damage per doombolt, so to solve that problem, however awesome it may be...

Less bolts
Less Damage per Bolt --> Less int derived damage
Large AoE, small AoE per bolt
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:19 pm

200 int is unrealistic [hero] ahriman - exile of the thousand suns Icon_razz unless the game has gone on waaayyy too long.

but yeah, those are good suggestions. and once i see just how powerful it may be, ill prolly do one of those for it.

cause right now were just theory crafting... i wont know if its actually imba or not untill he gets in. but believe me, i wont leave it how it is if its too powerful Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:40 pm

i like the idea of black staff on the refresh matter but as for reducing mana cost i dont really seeing reducing the cost of anything i would make it have seplls do extra damage either % wise or based on int cause i jsut see it more like a power up then a cost reducer. cause in tt it says its a "potent focus of psychic energy" which to me translates to tremendous power not really mana cost reduction

that being said i think you should incorporate a less mana reduction in master of sorcery cause it actually fits there
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 pm

well, i dont have a logical fluff explanation for it Razz but basically it allows for easier and quicker casting of his spells... so i gave it that effect :p
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 pm

and i said the cd is fine i jsut see a pump in damage as a more fitting effect then a reduction of cost :-P
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 pm

well, thatll happen naturally with master of sorcery, no need to boost it again with his innate Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next