A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Hireables feedback I_vote_lcap63%Hireables feedback I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Hireables feedback I_vote_lcap38%Hireables feedback I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Hireables feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Hireables feedback

+4
Betrayer_kharn
DarkWanderer
Fromundaman
Grass Hopper
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hireables feedback Empty Hireables feedback

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:49 am

because im gona try to make these soon... here are some (eldar) ideas that ive got for them

a single icon for each hireable, with more honor giving better/more sumons with certain summons gaining a '10 honor bonus'
when bought, a certain number of each unit goes down each lane (usually 2-5 or something), spawning from the main building and heading into the lanes

fire dragons
short range, high attack, low attackspeed unit, deals extra daamge against buildings
honor increases: spawn count, damage, range, and damage agaisnt buildings.
10 honor bonus: an exarch, with normal range, excelent damage, immolation, and improved damage against buildings

howling banshees
melee, med attack, high attackspeed unit, has either a passive, or an autocast warstomp (banshee mask)
honor increases: spawn count, damage, and armor
10 honor bonus: exarch, with very fast attackspeed, high damage, and an autocast blink/leap skill

dark reapers
long ranged, med damage, med attack speed unit. does piercing damage (good against the creeps)
honor increases: spawn count, damage, and attackspeed
10 honor bonus: exarch with a high damage, low attackspeed attack that can (stun/slow)/aoe damage (misslelauncher)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hireables feedback Empty Re: Hireables feedback

Post by Fromundaman Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:14 am

I like it!

I realize it doesn't matter yet since we don't have a race mode yet, but I'll throw a few more out there:

For Necrons I'd say Immortals or Necron Warriors.

Orks could get Nobs and or armored Nobs.

Imperials should just have a ton of imperial guardsmen headed for the slaughter, unless they are already the imperial army's creeps when race mode comes about, in which case maybe those deformed guys or kashins (I don't remember my imperials well enough XD).

I'd say get some Kroots in for Tau hireables.

Not sure who to say for Chaos or Space Marines... maybe terminators and those weird tentacled demon thingies?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:35 pm

chosen or deamons or something Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:15 pm

for how hireables actually work:
currently (in my thoughts anyway XD)
hireables would *cost* 1/5 of your honor, (so when u get 5 honor, it costs u 1, and when u get 10 it costs u 2, and cause of rounding, anything below wont cost u at all) and ~500 ish gold. they will spawn 3 sets of creeps at the main building, each going to a respective lane (helps against base sieges, so they dont spawn in a lane and die imediatly)
the more honor u have, the better the creeps will be, with most of them getting stats upgrades at 2/4/6/8 honor, and spawn count upgrades at 3 and 7 honor. and getting a '10 honor bonus' which is either a new skil / new better spawn

each hireable would have its own ~30 second cooldown time, so you wont have swarms of creeps being hired by each player.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 am

That all sounds excellent to me. Will there be any player controllable mercenaries for hire?

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:33 am

i dont think so. not yet at least. not planned anyway Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 pm

haha i like it but since currently we have no race mode and its Marines Vs. Orks id say some thing like

Marines:
Devastators= med range, slow atk, high damage, more damage to buildings
Terminators (melee)= Slow atk, high armor, high health, med dmg with maybe a tiny damage reduction
*idk wht the melee ones are called if anything haha XD
scouts= long range, med atk, med dmg, with a passive crit maybe? (to make them mroe effective against infantry)

Orks:
Nobz= High hp, med dmg, med atk (with liek commad aura for waaagghh! banner)
Tank Bustas= med range, med damage, small aoe on shots and some extra damage to buildings
Kommandos= high damage, low hp, med atk and maybe like a ww on a low cd tht does idk 35 extra damage on break (to represent their stealth)

idk jsut shots at the dark but i know why u did eldar cause u prefer them but right now we have no races mode and its marines vs orks so lets try to focus on tht idea :-P
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:59 pm

some good ideas Very Happy ill prolly add them in
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm

That's a great suggestion Kharn; They would fit in great with or without a race war mode. I'd love to see these added.

Btw, A race wars mode is definitely on the road map, but I think we should get the core game done first. The only thing that worries me about it is our limited map space for models. Originally I thought we could just use a downloadable patch for it but it turns out players without the patch would see no model at all.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Map space is now 8 mb! So we have more room for models and such. That's thanks to the recent patch.

I agree that we should get the core game and modes done first, but this is looking interesting.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Yes, We're aware of this, but we're not going over 5mb. You see, the map dl speed would just be too slow, and your typical wc3 player is just too dumb or lazy to alt tab and dl the map from the website.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 am

No the size is an issue but if the game gets good enough ppl will dl off the site. Look at dota... but the load time is worse than dl. Is there any way to stream line things? like we keep talking about adding but how is it best to add without taking too much space?

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:14 am

Host an 8mb map on battle net and you'll see what I mean. Everyone who joins will quit the minute they see how slow the dl is. You won't even get the chance to tell them where to dl the map.

If the map actually gets that popular, I'll consider writing a small program that can install or uninstall a patch that replaces the standard blizzard models with one click.

If you're wondering how this is done, the exe program would simply override the blizzard models in the wc3 mpq files with ours.
This means that even if players don't have the patch they can still play.

This would give us virtually unlimited map space. So in theory we could create an entirely separate game.

About load times-
I haven't noticed the long load times so much, and as far as I know, Grasshopper is already optimizing the map as much as he can. (correct me if I'm wrong on this hopper)

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:28 pm

o and for 10 honor stead of giving a bonus maybe do like a vehicle
marines:
Predator (maybe)= give it med dmg, high health,high armor, maybe 2 diff atks if u can (bolters and las cannon)

Ork:
Looted Wagons= med dmg, high health, high armor, then a kinda aoe maybe (for the boomgun) or give it longer range

Then was thinking how u and wanderer said ya wanted to entice ppl to make games last longer then the norm 20 mins so i thought maybe u could put a "Leader" hireable in make him cost ALOT of gold mayve 12 or more honor maybe even 15 and have them not available until 25-30 mins into the game

Marines:
Ticurius Chief librarian of the ultramarines (since the marines in our game alrdy look like ultramarines)= High health, High dmg, High armor,med-fast atk, map wide aura for all friendly units +armor, Vortex of doom (med-high cd, med aoe and high dmg)
*in tt vortex is small blast any unit fully under it has to roll equal to or under their intiative on a signel d6 or they die instantly

Orks:
Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka= High health, high armorn very high damage but slow atk, map wide aura for all firendly units +damage, Prophet of the Waaagh! (either local or map wide +ms and as to all friendly units and reduces damage they take for 15 secs maybe more or less)
*in tt it makes his saving throw invul it gives all ork infantry units an automatic 6 for the waaagh movement they wish to make and makes all non fleeing units fearless all of this lasts till end of the turn

again that was jsut cause i remember u guys saying u wanted ppl to want to make the game last and like i told dark ill think of 25 ults if u want me too but tht would go on a diff forum i suggested there here cause they could be a part of hireables if ya like em then yay if not jsut tell me haha =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Another good idea kharn, pseudo hero hireables would be nice; I'd think of them as being squad commanders.

Here's another idea for the marines

Force Commander (pally model with hammer) - High health, damage, armor with medium attack speed
- has slight knockback on attack and a leadership aura that gives bonus damage and armor to nearby units.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:55 pm

OK so following the idea of equipment. What if there are say 5 or 6 different hirelings. Make each one a very distinct type high hp or high attack. maybe one with an aura. Something easily learned and recognized. But you could buy upgraded ones they in a sense do the same thing but do it better.

That way if your in a lane and see a speeder you can know that it is gonna have high attack but low hp instantly. EX: I have low hp there is an enemy hero in the lane too all of a sudden i see that speeder i am moving out fast before it starts hitting me giving the other hero a perfect opportunity to kill.

This map gets a lot of first time players that would keep the learning curve down some and keep the models needed down too. While leaving many options for buying units.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:36 pm

i dont really wanna do hero-hireables... cause that kinda takes away opportunities for... actual heroes... not to mention they'd all have to have passive skills, cause computer controlled units resist being ordered via triggers.

and i like the vehicle idea, but not as a 10 honor bonus, maby as a unit on their own? like a seperate hireble entirely, but itll still require u having 10+ honor to get it
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:13 pm

I think this hireling unit thing could be a whole different map. Think castle fight meets idk line wars maybe. It could look a lot like castle fight but not with unit producing buildings just hire able units.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:15 pm

also:
ork tank busta: high siege damge, low attackspeed, med hp, low armor, low ms
honor increases: attackspeed, armor, ms, spawn count
10 honor bonus: gain splash damage

ork nob: normal higher damage than the melee creeps, slow attack speed, higher hp, low armor, below avg ms. can give creeps a damage bonus (there not as good at waaaghing as a boss XD)
honor increases: damage, armor, attackspeed, spawn count
10 honor bonus: gain a mini command aura (like 175 aoe) and a passive... prolly crit

ork komando: lower attackspeed, high piercing damage, lower hp, above avg ms, low armor, has a perma invis with a high fade time (5-10?)
honor increases: attackspeed, armor, spawn count, and reduces fade time a bit
10 honor bonus: gain a passive bash
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Is the honor bonus from only one player or a team score?

BTW i have never played a game that lasted long enough to full level up maybe have one unit that could boost the creeps survivability? like an hp regen or reduce the damage they take.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:26 pm

well yeah i was getting the idea of kina a "general" so to speak its why i thought maybe a map wide aura cause hes inspiring all his troopsbut idk up to you guys haha just thought id throw it out and liek i said picked the marine one cause hes from ultra marine chapter in tt so tht was jsut a folllow the fluff pick u could have any1 you want and the ork one cause his title is prophet of the waaagh haha
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:37 am

@biliam: the power of the creeps is based on the honor level of the one who summoned them

@kharn: i might end up doing 'super hireables' but not right now
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:38 pm

billiam wrote:I think this hireling unit thing could be a whole different map. Think castle fight meets idk line wars maybe. It could look a lot like castle fight but not with unit producing buildings just hire able units.

So... like Gang Wars? Or the W40k version of it Warhammer 40k Battlegrounds? Razz

billiam wrote:Is the honor bonus from only one player or a team score?

BTW i have never played a game that lasted long enough to full level up maybe have one unit that could boost the creeps survivability? like an hp regen or reduce the damage they take.

Really? It seems all my games go 45 min + now.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:13 am

Betrayer_kharn wrote:haha i like it but since currently we have no race mode and its Marines Vs. Orks id say some thing like

Marines:
Devastators= med range, slow atk, high damage, more damage to buildings
Terminators (melee)= Slow atk, high armor, high health, med dmg with maybe a tiny damage reduction
*idk wht the melee ones are called if anything haha XD
scouts= long range, med atk, med dmg, with a passive crit maybe? (to make them mroe effective against infantry)

Orks:
Nobz= High hp, med dmg, med atk (with liek commad aura for waaagghh! banner)
Tank Bustas= med range, med damage, small aoe on shots and some extra damage to buildings
Kommandos= high damage, low hp, med atk and maybe like a ww on a low cd tht does idk 35 extra damage on break (to represent their stealth)

idk jsut shots at the dark but i know why u did eldar cause u prefer them but right now we have no races mode and its marines vs orks so lets try to focus on tht idea :-P
the range are terminators the mellee are just assault terminators according to dawn of war
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am

okie dokie haha
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor