A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_vote_lcap38%[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One

+4
Son007
cellrawr
Grass Hopper
Fromundaman
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[HERO] Necrons - Flayed One - Page 3 Empty Re: [HERO] Necrons - Flayed One

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:15 pm

same 60/80/100... so instead of 25% + armor reduction... it would be 60/80/100% of that number...

so in the previous examples... he would do 45/60/75% bonus damage, or 18/24/30% bonus damage
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:23 pm

oh and he needs a name Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:12 pm

I don't think any Flayed Ones are ever specifically named... There was Tomas, a Pariah, and I do believe somewhere in some obscure fluff was a Necron Warrior who was captured and somehow unable to Phase Out, and he eventually talked (thus proving Necrons can talk, they just choose not to- talking is, after all, pointless when you have no intention of negotiating).. I think he had a name, but ... I can't remember where I read that or what the name was.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could have been a fanfic..
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:35 pm

doesnt have to be a 'name' as such... but something like old one eye... or some difrerent title or something
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:41 pm

you could call him the undieing or however u spell that ... or corpse face
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 pm

lol, right now hes slice and dice XD and get online! :O
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 pm

also about the burrow strike or strike from beneath w/e its called mabey u could make it that he moves under the ground then can come out doing like a backstab and aoe slow instead of like a set point once cliked
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:44 pm

its a set unit, not point Razz and thats what happens... just your restricted to breaking out on the target unit Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Hmmm... I almost have an idea for a name, but is naming a Flayed One "The ragged skin of Capt. Neils" or "Bearer of Capt. Neils' flesh" really a good name? XD

(Why Capt. Neils? There's a bit of Necron Fluff in which the Cadian 23rd is ambushed by Necrons, and their commander, Colonel Jansen, trips over a skinned body, looks up, and sees "[...] a hunched, skeletal figure with long fingers like flensing knives ahead of him. The ragged skin of Captain Neils was draped over its bony form as it crept toward him in a low crouch." )
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 pm

hmmm, not a bad idea Very Happy and yeah i think ive read that fluff Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:09 am

we should call him walt_jabsco cuse i like to skin my victims and where the skin over my body
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:45 pm

i wouldnt use either of those as a name haha Razz but put urself in the shoes of a guardsmen since they named most of the necrons based on their appearance (e.g. wraiths causel ike wraiths they move through walls, warriors because they are the most common, immortals cause they are hard to kill, etc.) so think of what you would call a specific falyed one if you saw him repeatedly (maybe a specific feature that you notice about him or a name that relates to an emotion you feel when you see him)

if it were up to me id name him chippy =] jsut cause itd be a fun name for a flayed one =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Mr.Fingers, the necron with the fancy fingers. xD
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:13 pm

might as well say a few thigns since u got him planned for release haha =]

innate:maybe 1/1.6/2.2/2.6/3.1% damage at max its 65% damage reduction sorry numbers are a lil whack jstu wanted to get to 65% cause its mroe then 1/2 but less then 3/4 Razz which 3.5 is pretty close to. and then .6/.8/1/1.2/1.4 that 29.4 which equals to 34.4% at max level which is rouglhy 1/3 if u think its to much tell me

skill 1: Deadly emergence? maybe? id say point unit do AoE damage with an AoE slow. cause he would obv focus on one unit but the resurfacing would cause a spray of debris slowing most people. honestly i think its fine this way but i saw it more as of kinda an AoE roots especially the way its described cause a squad gets deep striked in and then grabs at the people above holding them there while others resurface so that whoever their holding dies so mayeb stead of a slow maybe an immobilazation? idk jsut my thought

skill 2: should be fine as is

skill 3: Deathly Embrace? again maybe? and maybe 100/150/200/250 then 4/6/8/10 per unit that means if they are 15 units it does 100 extra damage

Ult: maybe 20/25/30 secs has 16/33/50% to pahse through enemies armor doing 100% pure damage and an additional 15/30/45 damage? idk if u think thtd be op

meh jsut suggestions since although hes to be in next version still seems liek hes kinda up in the air with all the diff suggestions
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:19 pm

lol, yeah, some people have been commenting alot recently... but whats up there is basically how tis finalized... however:

flay: well, it seems op on paper, but really, ive been playtesting it in single, and u almost never get to 10 skins even... cause they get destroyed every 100 damage blocked. so it needs a rebalance in terms of max skins, and damage before they get destroyed

and burrowstrike (official name as of now btw) targets a unit, and when he comes up, all nearby enemies are slowed (which i think is what u meant? o.o)((and yeah, if it was a squad, a hold/stun would make mroe sense, but as its just one unit, the slow fits better, cause he cant hold down a bunch of ppl:P))
oh: currently, the damage works like this:
it deals 50/100/150/200 aoe damage, and the target takes an additional 40/60/80/100 + .5x the flayed ones strength

and flaying claws (also the offical name atm) currently deals: 50/80/110/140 inital damage, then when the tossed unit hits another enemy, the tossed and hit unit both take 1x the flayed ones strength

and actually your suggested ult is actually weaker than the posted one Razz (which isnt that powerful of an ult in the first place)
and currently disruptio fields does:
60/80/100% of the targest magic resist and armor reduction value
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Well, you can't really look at it from a Guardsman's point of view, because even if he did have the balls to continue facing down a Flayed One he wouldn't actually see the Flayed One, but the skins the Necron wore draped upon himself.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:29 pm

@deus even with the skins you can still see parts of the flayed one and on top of that the mere fact that he has multiple skins on him would in essence of itself give him a very distinct look since no 1 skin can really be the same. and that makes no snse? he wouldnt see the falyed one but he would see the falyed one with its skins on it? seeing the falyed one and seeing him with skin draped on him are the same thing unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna argue symantecs even then from a grammatical stand point its the same thing jsut one is more detailed. thats a different discussion though lol

so again look at it from a guardsman persepctive what would you naem this "elite" falyed one you saw over and over based on some feature or emotion
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 pm

But the skins aren't the same every battle. Flayed Ones don't walk around with dried, shriveled up skins on them. Flayed Ones go into battle without skins. Then they kill someone, skin them, don said skin, and repeat.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 pm

i know where kharns comming from, but i definatly wouldnt call him chippy Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:39 pm

@ grass

not to be mean but those names suck dickhole not saying mine are awesome but nontheless those name are GAYYYYYYYYYYY burrow strike? falying claws? they jsut dont put a WOW THATS AWESOME image in my head that a flayed one does they are kinda bland and not really tht fun to let slip off the tongue.

flay: well so why dont we lower the # of max skins if you can never really get above 10? say 12? 8/9/10/11/12 then u can simply pump the numbers up wouldnt be tht hard say 2/3/4/5/6% then its 72% damage so going off the basis that they are doing 150 damage at this point it blocks 108 damage befor going away or 1 attack if you feel thts to low then up it to 150 or even 200 thts essentailly 1 1/2 - 2 atks 12 times so 18-24 attacks absorbed

skill 1: (ima call it that cause burrowstrik just sounds gay lol) and even though only one unit is surfacing u can represent that with the damage i sitll feel an immobilize fits cause he can still have the falyed ones in reserve assisst him in battle they dotn have to do anything simply on their way to their destination assisst him in a snese

skill 2: (again flaying claws jsut sounds kinda gay lol it jsut kina repeats his name Razz) but tht should be fine might have to up initial damage a lil but testing will tell

Ult: i read wht u said there but that might needa be adjusted cause that makes any tank (expecially carni) kinda get wtf /facepalmed but liek i stated only paly testing will tell
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:43 pm

I got a name ... Shredder (yay TMNT reference)
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:43 pm

fuck yeah shredder pwns =]
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:47 pm

well, untill comming up with better names, thats what they are for now XD

and yeah, ill reduce the max skins for flay, cause 25 is redundant, and slightly increase the break damage

and well... lets say u get 50% armor reduction, the falyed one would deaal an extra 75% damage per attack (as an active ult => asurmen gets 45% passive from the crit, celestine can get up to 150% from a normal skill, warboss gets +120 damage i think... its still not all that amazing)

but yeah, ignore numbers, cause they can change ez

and gogoshreader!
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Betrayer_kharn Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:03 pm

then change the ult cause as ur stating it its kinda redundant cause as it appears now all tht extra damage is simply negated by the armor like if i fo 100 damage they are at 50% armor i do 150 damage but then armor reduces it and it does 100 damage again well 125 cause of the magic resist so jsut seems EXTREMELY pointless and wayyyyyyyyyy unerpowered

as for nams i alrdy suggested new names they arent the best but htey sound alot better....
Betrayer_kharn
Betrayer_kharn
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:27 pm

no, additional damage done is pure Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin