A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Hero] Vindicare Assassin

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 Empty Re: [Hero] Vindicare Assassin

Post by Glycine on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:27 am

Does Spy Mask reveal invisible units or does it just give full vision for the Assassin? What's its cost and cooldown? How should it be leveled?

All the other skills seem fleshed out but this one.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 am

right, remind me to put in costs and cooldowns in the compelted heros skills XD

im thinking a low aoe truesight (200/400/600/800) and cooldown/manacost/duraiton scales with levels

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Ahh, soo desu nee.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:21 pm

wut?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:48 am

Heh, I was thinking the level would affect a passive increase and duration, and when activated his vision would just be unobstructed, but I prefer Grass' version.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:23 am

I still think the best model for Vindi might be this guy:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/gla-sniper-114183/?prev=search%3Dsniper%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Now then, to hammer out a build.

Stats: The same

Innate: Exitus Rifle & Pistol [Toggle]
- One is as delicate as a scalpel, the other as crushing as a hammer, but both are integral parts of the Vindicare's weaponry. The Rifle may be a signature weapon, but what the pistol lacks in range, it makes up for in flexibility, and both have claimed innumerable victims.
- The Vindicare can swap between his pistol, which fires at a normal rate, and his rifle, which can only be used in certain situations.
- The pistol has a range of 450 and an attack cooldown of 1.7, while the Rifle has a default range of 700 and a normal attack cooldown of 3 seconds. The rifle also gains a 25/30/35/40/45/50% damage boost over the pistol. The Rifle also interacts with several skills separately.

Skill 1: Spy Mask [Active, Single-Target/Area in Front of Vindicare]
- Using his complex array of sensors and indicators, the Vindicare Assassin can spot any weak points in armor or cover that a unit may possess, and correspondingly exploit those weak points for the kill.
- Mana Cost: 50/85/120/155 mana
- Cooldown: 25/22/18/15 seconds
- Duration: 11 seconds
- Any target being looked at with the Spy Mask loses all positive evasion modifiers, while the Vindicare loses any negative blind modifiers, effectively giving the Vindicare's attacks True Strike for the duration of the skill. In addition, any invisible or transparent units within 1800 range in front of the Vindicare will be revealed if the Vindicare's line of sight touches them.

Skill 2: Patient Shot [Active] [Rifle Only]
- Mana Cost: 2/2.5/3/3.5% mana per shot.
- Vindicare Assassins are well known to dig in and remain in a firing spot for weeks on end, waiting for that perfect shot. In the case of a frenetic battle, the same can also be done, on a smaller scale.
- Every 2.5/2/1.5/1 second(s), the Vindicare becomes 10% transparent while sitting still. Autoattack is disabled while he becomes transparent, and when he reaches 80/70/60/50% transparency, he becomes invisible to normal sensors.
- Once invisible, his attack range and vision steadily grow at 50/100/150/200 distance per second to a maximum of 1500 attack range and 1800 vision, but this vision and attack range only lasts for 1 attack, which does 125/150/175/200% of his attack damage and slows his target by 15/20/25/30% for 5 seconds. Once fired, he cannot fire with his rifle, but may become invisible again, as to prep for the next shot.

Skill 3: Special Rounds [Active, Single-shot effect]
- The Vindicare possesses a variety of rounds for special occasions, each with their own peculiar mechanism. Both can be loaded into either the pistol or the rifle, but the rounds used for the rifle are noticeably larger and have more effect.
- Cooldown: Rounds can only be loaded 2 seconds after the last shot has been fired by a respective weapon. Each Round has its own cooldown.
- Mana Cost: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75% of mana per Round.
- Pistol: (Rifle effects after)
- Hellfire Rounds: Deals an additional 1/2/3/4% of a unit's health in damage over 5 seconds. (Rifle: 2/4/6/8%) Cooldown of 5 seconds.
- Turbo Penetrator Rounds: Target suffers an additional 10/15/20/25% damage. (Rifle: 20/30/40/50%) Cooldown of 10 seconds.
- Shield Breaker Rounds: Target suffers 20/30/40/50% of damage as pure. (Rifle: 40/60/80/100%) Cooldown of 15 seconds.

Ult: Exitus Acta Probat [Active, Rifle]
- All that matters is that the Emperor's will be made manifest, and the Vindicare shall be his silent breeze, bringing death to heretics, daemons, and traitors equally.
- Mana cost: 200/300/400 mana
- Cooldown: 120/90/60 seconds
- The Vindicare occupies a position and scouts the battlefield for targets. Using data from satellites to triangulate positions, he can snipe any target at impossible ranges. After digging in for 2/3/4 seconds, the Vindicare remains stationary, and the location of enemy heroes is pinged once a second for 30 seconds. The range of his rifle depends on the excellence of their firing position, which depends most on height. (Here's where it gets tricky)
- For every 50[Arbitrary number] distance above or below normal elevation, the Vindicare gains/loses 300/600/900[Also arbitrary] range. The shots of the Vindicare do not home, but rather travel in a straight line, going through natural terrain until stopped by a building or its maximum range.
- If a shot hits a target, cue old ult. A unit at above 50% health will have its health cut in two, a unit below 50% health will have its health reduced to 15/10/5% of maximum, and a unit below 15/20/25% health will be instantly killed.

Last edited by Glycine on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortis on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Looks good. Maybe some number crunching needed?
Mortis
Mortis
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Just a few revisionary comments.

The cooldowns for the rifle should be hard-set, i.e not being able to be lowered or increased. 3 seconds is 3 seconds.

During the ult, should he be able to load special rounds in between shots? It's not so much a temporarily range increase as an increase in the distance the shot can travel in a straight line.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 am

So his ult is pretty much a potm arrow... Perhaps patient shot should destroy armour instead of crippling?

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:49 am

Well, 10 arrows, actually. And a huge range.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:16 am

Well... If it is like the arrow, I suggest collateral damage with it, for using a skill like that is tricky. Lets just say it deals 10% less damage for each hero and 5% for each creep it passes through?

If not just make it an instant-active/attack buff, would be so much easier both to play and code I think.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:59 am

just a few things (im still thinking on it):

model:
its lower quality and about the same file size [Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 Icon_razz
i know the current one is a scout, but id rather a scout over a large and not very well done model

innate:
its not possible to ignore ias bonuses, so the 3 second cooldown on the rifle is going to be modified by ias.

patient shot:
its not possibly to dynamically increase attack range, you know this [Hero] Vindicare Assassin - Page 2 Icon_razz
also, whats the point of giving it a 3 second cooldown if it cant activate for 5 seconds after anyway (1 second = 10% invis, once 50% invis, he gains range/vision each second, as well as his next attack crits)

and the ult:
not codable, any of it i think. at least he wont be able to auto attack if you really want attacks to do the whole line damage nuke thing.
the hight thing is definatly not codeable, and, imo, mostly just extra complication for no need
also, lets not forget that its not infinatly more powerful XD his current ult on a 3 second cooldown?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 pm

You can't increase target acquisition range, but you can increase the amount a shot travels for. In effect, he'll be attacking ground, with his shots going the necessary distance.

If it's possible to negate mana regen from items, then it's possible to negate attack speed. One just has to think a bit harder. If both his 1.7 and 3 second cooldowns were fixed in place, forever more, would that be possible?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:24 pm

you cant do that either. for either of them

attack ground shots target the ground.
i can completly trigger the whole attack, but he wont be able to auto attack.
its also largely not needed

and mana regen is negated either by keeping track of mana and lowing it by triggers equal to the ammount of mana gained in an interval, or using a -100% brilliance aura.
its not possible to lower ias in the same way, because ias is not directly affectable using triggers, and -100% ias is a number, not the % of his total ias.
and you cant get current ias buffs either.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Can you indirectly affect attack speed via triggers? What are the options, besides telling me it's not possible? xD

The ult doesn't need him to auto-attack. It just needs him to fire every 3 seconds. He's basically entrenched. You can modify what the shot does, but the ult requires him to sit down and have a good vantage point.

That's what snipers do, it's not a whole lot of work for nothing; a sniper who fires on the move isn't actually a sniper and fits Vindicare in no shape or way possible. Yes, he has a rifle, he can "snipe" but nothing about the current vindicare makes him a sniper, just an overglorified scout.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 pm

I already said, ias isn't affectable from triggers. At all. If its an attack, its affected by ias. Positive and negative.

Now what you can do is when he goes into sniper mode, he loses his attack, and gains a low cooldown spell that fires a custom projectile at the target. This would so your attack, without ias affecting it.
However, with this he couldn't auto attack at all, and the rifle damage wouldn't be ableeto be based on his attack damage. But it could have base + stat damage, like the attackm but the rifle wouldn't benefit from pure +damage.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 pm

He has his pistol to autoattack normally. Realistically, he won't be sniping people while in a crowd of orks.

What effects could I then add onto the rifle? Does the dot and bonus damage still work?

Can the range of a custom projectile increase?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:12 pm

That's what I was thinking. Pistol for regulat attacks, sniper for other things.

And with a custom projectile, a lot of things can happen. Pretty much anything you want really.
And the bonuses from the ammo can still apply.

And the actual range of the projectile can increase, but not the casting range.
Actually no, that's a lie. I can increase the range on the attack spell.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:11 pm

A lot of the numbers are just arbitrary, as I noted.

Look through the following and give corrections, if you will:

How do you want the pistol/rifle toggle to work? Will he fire with a pistol at all times and only activate his rifle through custom spells? Range, attack speed #.

Spy mask seems fine. Can you give temporary true strike? Permanent is an option, but just curious.

Patient Shot is basically infiltrate and precise aim combined into one. How do you want his invisibility to scale? Since you can increase travel range, what range do you want to give the projectiles? I updated it a little.

Any other effects for special rounds?

Doesn't the game measure height for the sake of elevation accuracy? Can't you utilize that height to trigger-effect something? The effects when a shot hits are debatable, it was just a start. The crux of the skill is that he finds a high place, his shots have extra reach, and he has to predict the location of targets. It also disables his auto-attack, and if he has to cancel out of it, the skill ends.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 pm

imo, the innate should be just a toggle like autarch and asurmen, but instead of a range change, the change-into-unit has this triggered attack.
this way the pistol to all intents and purposes, will be his attack, while the sniper mode makes him work like a real sniper when he wants, with increased damage, range, and attack cooldown.
all the skills that affect both the pistol and the rifle (atm, just the ammo) will be coded to work off damage effects, and not be orb effects. (they can also be orb effects if you want, itll just make it a bit trickier to code Razz)

spymask: truestrike is just a 0-second bash, or a 0x bonus damage critical strike that triggers 100% of the time, and the always-hits flag is on Razz so tis really easy to do a temporary truestrike.
also, truestrike interferes with orb effects and buff placers, so let this affect your judgement of weather or not the ammo effects should be true orb effects.
however, the 'looking at' thing will be annoying to code (celestines coded arc still sometimes bugs around the 0 and 360 degree mark)
would 'looking at' be fine if it was just a circular aoe that extends from him? (like how zzap works now)

i noticed that on patient shot Razz
however, i thnk the effects are too... circumstantial... to be of real use.
it seems like it would take a while to get any real benefit from it, and by time you do, its been too long.
give him x% damage and transperancy every second standing still (values scale with level, interval does not) and when he reaches a certain time, give him invis and next shot slows and stuns?
i dont know if attacking should reset the bonuses...

and special rounds... right now they sound like the auto-cast orb effects kind of spells, right?
the ridiculous cooldown is unnecessary, you can lower that alot.
and if i can base the entire thing on just one skill with a cooldown, the 2 seconds after fireing that you need before switching shouldnt be needed either, cause itll still be on cooldown when you switch.
(switch should either be done with a text command, and the skill itself is an auto-cast - or passive, or the skill should be an 'active' skill that toggles between effects (i cant say a toggle skill, cause there are more than 2 types of ammo)

as to hight, no - using the 'raise terrain' function doesnt cause misses, but increasing cliff hight does (the bottom-middle mini outpost is raised, and you never miss firing up that, but the top-middle mini outpost is another cliff level, and you can miss on that)
and the higher position is just really extremly unneccesary. it makes it pretty much useless if your assaulting (cause your usually assaulting uphill).
i suggest you get rid of the hight thing, dramatically increase his attack range, disallow him from moving, and instead of the old ult, i would suggest the old innate on each attack.
and while the ult is on, you would have to manually aim the attacks, instead of targetting a unit.

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 am

Just make the ultimate like windrunners powershot... And gains 'x' range and 'x' damage the higher up he is.

13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2