A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad Empty [Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad

Post by Fromundaman Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am

This hero will be kind of weird in that he is actually a squad and as such up to 4 heroes. Also, I suck at Ork speech, so someone will need to Ork this up for me.

They would be Str, but be slightly worse individually than any single hero in almost every way (slower ias, slower MS, low base HP For a str hero (not to say really low, but not like Typhus or Chapter Master), and lower stats. Oh, and their int sucks.). They also share items and skills.

Innate: Fortify
[Description] We da bestest Orks, 'n da Mek made us da bestest armor. Dem humies cant beat me 'n da boys! WAAAGH!
[Effect] When activated, summons a new Mech Nob. Can have up to 4. Cooldown lowers with each level put into it (150/130/110/90/70 sec cooldown.). However, any Ork outside of a 500-700 range of Mech Nob Leader (oldest living Nob) will cease to take orders and only attempt to move rejoin the squad.
Also, being a squad, Mech Nobs will receive combat bonuses when they are within 700 of each other (2/4/6/8/10% damage, 2/4/6/8/10% ias 1/1/2/2/3 hp regen bonus?). Doesn't take effect if there is only 1 Mech Nob left alive.

Skill 1: We da toughest 'n da Orkiest!
[Description] We da biggest Nobs, an' da Big Mek makes us da armor to prove it! Dem other grots kant hurt us now! WAAAGH!
[Effect] Due to their armor, they get +2/4/6/8 armor. However, due to the fact Orks prefer quantity over quality, and essentially just hammer as much metal as they can together, they are weaker against spellcasters, making it so they take an extra 10/15/20/25% from spells from heroes with 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 times or more int than the Mech Nobs.

2nd Skill: Stampede
[Description] Not only we da toughest, but we da 'eaviest too! Crush dem humies! WAAAGH!
[Effect] The Mech Nobs take a running start (1.5 sec moving cast time to 'build momentum') then trample anything in their way. Deals 50/75/100/125 damage per Mech Nob to both enemies and allies (Makes more sense for it to affect both, but up to you guys.).

3rd Skill: Power Surge
[Description] Da Big Mek gave us power legs! Time to go tear up some humies! WAAAGH!
[Effect] The Big Mek equipped the Mech Nobs with leg enhancements, increasing their MS (insert increasing numbers here), but due to the Orks' shoddy mechanics and wiring, the Mech Nobs suffer 10/20/25/30 damage per second during the duration. Lasts 10 seconds.

Ultimate: WAAAGH!
[Description] It be time for us to have ourselves a proper Waaagh! Come wid me boys! WAAAGH!
[Effect] Run for the hills and despair, for a Waaagh! has been commenced, and nothing will stop it.
This would greatly increase the Mech Nob Squad's (and nearby allies) movement and attack speed, as well as give them (only Mech Nob Squad) a chance (10/20/25-30%) per Nob of inflicting damage upon the enemy before actually reaching him (AKA give them a free attack to a nearby target (range is bigger than attack range)) every second. Requires 4 Mech Nobs to start a proper Waaagh!

Also, would it be possible to make this ulti eliminate the cast time on Stampede for it's duration?

Last edited by Fromundaman on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad Empty Re: [Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad

Post by Type-4-Doragon Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 am

Not bad. And your Ork speech really isn't too far off either. Cool

I really like how you set up the innate. That's a great way to keep the squad from getting too OP (i.e. thinking of dota's Meepo here).

I have to say, I don't think stampede would fit in too well here. It seems to me that kind of ability is something you'd only see on huge animals. Maybe change the name to something like "Nob Rush." I do like the fact that it'll affect both allies and enemies, that's a good idea to keep it realistically Orky.

Only other thing I bear grudge against is the ultimate's name. A WAAAGH usually includes ALL Orks, so maybe change it to something like "Power of da WAAAGH!." OR, you could use what you have here and make it global. Of course, if that happens, the numbers might need to be lowered slightly.
Type-4-Doragon
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad Empty Re: [Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad

Post by billiam Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 am

I like the idea love the skills set up. Not real sure what you are saying on the ulti? is it like an immolate but with a chance of damage not a constant?

I see holes for abuse though. My questions are...
How does this hero die? it seems it is not just one being killed. And if they all have to be killed i would leave one in the woods at the
manna restore and summon the rest and play them. no one could get kills off them.

Also sharing items is a huge buff maybe worthy to be a skill. Think you boots the attack of one with a close combat weapon and your total
dps jumps 4 times whatever the item adds. And with special abilities such as witch blade that is 20x4 manna burn.

May i suggest an ability of sharing item slots with other boys.
CHOPPAS Fo All!
Shares item slots 1/2/4/6 or to spread it out over more levels as the innate.

power surge
I think you might have been a little harsh on that ability. 30 damage per sec for 10 sec is 300, not actually from regen and armor but still. you have 4 units doing that 1200 over the party in damage for movement speed? maybe boost it to do more or less hp cost.

Game play question
i wonder it they could be codded to act a one unit. say you select one you get the whole party each one not leaving the others acting as one. That would make them killable...idk i see problems with that though... just a brain storm.

Respond to this you are a good critical thinker. How could it work? i would love to own with a personal horde of Orks.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:35 pm

@type: have u seen a mega armored nob? Razz its huge, and totaly deserving of a stampede skill.

@biliam: for powersurge, id imagine that they have a slow inital ms, like 285 or something, and it would give a fair amount of ms, and dont forget, they get regen bonuses for having a bigger mob
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Hmmm... That is a good question. Yeah, I did plan for the to die when all of them are dead, since that would make the most sense (and is why the cooldown on fortify is so high.).
Maybe make it if they are out of range of each other all of them get the cripplingly bad debuff instead? Or maybe make it so when one of them gets seperated from the others, it automatically runs/walks/drags itself to the others and stops accepting orders until then?
If we could code them as one, that would be even better, but I doubt that would be feasible.

For Power Surge, I was thinking the numbers seemed high as well, but then I realized that Warphead's Warpath does up to 40/sec (which I admit seems insane) yet the effect isn't so bad. Not really sure how it would play out because of that, especially since they do get a lot of armor by late game.

Type, the Stampede idea is based off of DoW's Squiggot idea in effect, true, but the codex talks about how if they get their momentum going they can crush the opposition under their weight (since they are about 1 ton each). Yeah, changing the name can work though.

For the items... I agree, but I don't really see what to do about it (though for the orb effects thing, Mistress of Death has it too... BlackButterfly recently showed me how deadly she can be with Mana Burn...). Making them buy 24 different items seems insane, though it would augment customization. Also, some items, like speed and travel items, if not shared, would result in some of them falling behind, resulting in the crippling debuff. Though now that I think about it more, maybe not sharing items or using your skill would be a better idea.

Do you suggest adding the Choppas for all! thing to the innate? I seem to be overloading it, but I don't know where to put these skills. Or should I maybe replace a skill for it (maybe Power Surge then, since it's pretty much another DoW ripoff?).

For the Ulti, you know how Burning Lance has a move that gives him a chance of an extra auto-attack, or in DoTA the Twin Dragon has a chance to shoot a fireball attack? It would be like that, only no attack is required, and it is just a chance/sec. That's the best way I can think of to make it fit the codex.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:50 pm

burning lance is actually phoneix fire from ladder Razz

and this is gona be fun to code XD

yeah, i forgot to mention power surge and warpath

dont replace power surge
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 pm

I think that sharing items is so powerful that it is worthy to be a skill. Idk how to put it in i would not want to add it on top of something. But if the stamped moves them would you also want a skill that boost MS, power Surge?

BTW i guess i missed read the innate. That magic damage debuff will be the death of the Nobs. Think the Conscripted Psycher does chain lighting,idk what its name is, and its 210 to each will become 315ish to each with a fast cool down...and there are a lot of aoe damage spells.

But first and foremost if we cant work out how to kill him it is not gonna work (haha i feel like i am hunting)

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Hmmm... I guess the simplest way would be to make them not share items then. They probably won't have too much trouble getting gold anyway.

There is a reason the magic debuff is there. With the fact that they are all tanking heroes, and their very high def (I mean, +10 from the innate alone!) which, keep in mind, reduces magic damage, the built in magic resist of heroes (25%), the magic resist that you can gain from iron halos (25%), I had to make it high enough so that magic could be their counter, rather than having an OPed hero. On top of this, only chars with up to 2x the Mech Nobs' int will have their spells affected (and if they don't share items, that means not all of them will always be affected, and you could give one all int items to make him somewhat anti-caster.).

Here's the thing, I DO want this hero to be killable, and int heroes need a better chance at killing strong tanking heroes in the late game. This hero, on the other hand, would be a good counter to tanking and hero killing heroes, but get wrecked by magic heroes (And the Psycher's lightning skill doesn't do all that much considering every bounce gets weaker. I'd be more worried about LoC, Zoe, Warp, etc.)

On top of all that, it's a choice. You can simply not level the innate, and as such not get an armor bonus and only suffer 10% more damage from almost all spells, or you can level it up, get the armor, but be 50% more vulnerable to spells from int heroes.

This hero is in large part based around a 'risk vs rewards' idea.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:50 pm

armor dosent reduce spell damage >.>
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Okay, I definitely misunderstood something then, in which case, yeah, the magic vulnerability should probably go down to say 10/15/20/25/30% or maybe even 5/10/15/20/25%.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Type-4-Doragon Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Fromundaman wrote:Type, the Stampede idea is based off of DoW's Squiggot idea in effect, true, but the codex talks about how if they get their momentum going they can crush the opposition under their weight (since they are about 1 ton each). Yeah, changing the name can work though.

Ok, my fault, didn't know what the codex said about them. In all cases obviously, codex > me, so ignore that particular comment of mine made above.
Type-4-Doragon
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Armor does effect spell damage if the spell does a non-magic damage type. For instance fan of knives based spells usually do a normal of pierce type. So idk if all spell are set to that in this map or not.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:31 pm

well, thats a technicallity of words XD
armor doesnt reduce *spell damage* but it might reduce the damage of some spells (firepike does physical damage for instance)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Okay, changed some things around and added something to the ulti.

Thoughts?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 pm

ok, i must have missed this edit XD

i would add in the squad benefits with the innate... just makes more sense that way eh? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:58 am

All right. This also means I need to find another skill and tweak the numbers again though. I'll edit it when I get back from work.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:54 am

u dont need a new skill Razz

fortify: summon/disance thing, and squad bonuses (might need a rename)

armor: +lots of armor, and magic resist loss (This way the player can chose how much armor they want over magic vulnerablility, and dont need to worry about losing out on the squad bonuses...

and that just makes more sense
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:30 pm

How's this for the missing skill?

Who you callin' a grot/snotling/gretchin?

[Description] Other Orks sometimes make fun of Mech Nobs for going into battle with so much protective wargear, but never within earshot, as having an arm or two scissored off can be a setback for even the toughest of Nobs. As a result, Mech Nobs don't take taunting very well.
[Effect] Mech Nob Squad goes into a frenzy, crippling the target, doing 50/100/130/170 damage per Nob and crippling for 10% damage each for 4 seconds. Mech Nobs have 1.2 seconds after the first Nob starts 'punishing' the target to join in (AKA timer for how long after the 1st hit the others can hit.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:39 pm

i still think the armor should be its own skill >.>
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:33 pm

But... I... You told me to put it back in with the innate! I editted that back as 1 skill this morning...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Grass Hopper wrote:u dont need a new skill [Incomplete] Mech Nob Squad/Meganob Squad Icon_razz

fortify: summon/disance thing, and squad bonuses (might need a rename)

armor: +lots of armor, and magic resist loss (This way the player can chose how much armor they want over magic vulnerablility, and dont need to worry about losing out on the squad bonuses...

and that just makes more sense

im thinking about this post, to me it seems like they fit two seperate skills Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Right, and I had them as such, but last time we talked in XAT you told me they could be combined...

Anyway, less work for me I guess. I'll re-seperate them later today.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:26 pm

oh o.o well i dont remeber that:P sry for confusing you XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:02 pm

This good?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:46 pm

ok looks good, moving to complete (and yes, ill put up the poll soon)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum