A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

+5
DarkWanderer
Type-4-Doragon
Fromundaman
Grass Hopper
13loodRaven
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. Empty [Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:07 am

The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

Strength based 'bugger to kill' hero.

Str: 26 +2.7 per lvl.
Agi: 23 +2.0 per lvl.
Int: 19 +1.7 per lvl.

Base damage: 57-65.
Base armour: 4.

Story;

Born human in the Warp itself, The Devourer was raised by Chaos Terrors and Daemons that would have any being turned insane within a matter of moments, as such being born among these beings rendered The Devourer immune to such horror.
Proving himself by frequently breaking Champions of Khorne, with his uncanny ability to channel pain and suffering into an offensive fighting style, he earned himself a name, and a place in the Chaos forces.
He also known as "Flame of the Warp", and has unnoficially taken the late Commanders place; The Inheritor.
Bringing his own pain to the battlefield, The Devourer is a terror to face, and as many now know, incredibly painful to die by his hand.

Skills:

Innate: The Devourer. (Passive 'point' accuire, passive random blink striking.)

The Devourer earns his keepsake name from this skill.

When the heroe's points gauge has filled out to the maximum allowed amount, he goes wild, blink striking randomly around the field, attacking enemies for double his attack each strike.
Random blinks from 1-5.

Points Gauge max cap 8/14/19/24/26/32

The hero gains 'points' from being attacked or having spells cast upon him. An attack from a hero gives 1 point, while attacks from creeps and outposts only give 0.5 points. As such a spell from a hero gives 2 points.

If The Devourer kills a hero using his innate, he gains an unlimited 34 Points for 10 seconds, regardless of the current gauge cap.

Skill one; Gauntlet of Pain (Active, emptys Point Gauge.)
100 manacost +25 per level. 10 second cd.
The Devourer channels all the pain he has endured into one, bonebreaking blow.

Each point deals damage and a ministun. Ministuns stack to do a final stun.
Each point deals 11/12/13/14 damage. Each two points deals a 0.100/0.125/0.175/0.225 ministun.

Spell two; Vanguard of Suffering (Passive)

As The Devourer endures pain, he becomes stronger, and thus more resilient to more incoming attacks.

Flat damage gain and damage resistance.
Each point in the point gauge gives 2/2/3/3 damage and blocks 1/1.2/1.4/1.6

Spell three; Warp Link (Active link, must stay within 900 range or the link is broken.)
105 manacost +15 per level. 60 seccond cd.
Being raised in the Warp, The Devourer has gained abilities available only to Daemons.

The hero makes a link to a target unit, dealing damage and refilling his Point Gauge. (This spell is not channeling)
Lasts 5/7/9/11 seconds and deals 15/30/45/60 damage per second. Refills 1/1/2/2 points in the Point Gauge every second.

Ultimate; Daemonic Hellfire, (Active hero target, re-take damage)
150 manacost +50 per level. 220/175/125 cd.
To truly destroy his foes, The Devourer shreds a hole in reality, and opens a pathway to the very core of the Warp. Daemonic Hellfire then spews through the hole and engulfs The Devourer's enemy.
The Devourer targets a hero, who then re-takes damage from the past.

The target hero re-takes damage dealt to it from the past 3/4/5 seconds.

Last edited by 13loodRaven on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 am; edited 7 times in total
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. Empty Re: [Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:09 pm

i would think that the innate should be some way of gaining points outside of the first skill
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. Empty Re: [Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

Post by Fromundaman Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:53 pm

TBH, I don't think that ulti needs an added slow since, if used at the right time, that could be one of the strongest skills out there. (Imaging getting hit by a Far Seer Ulti or Soul Theif ulti then being made to take that damage again! Ouch!)

Spell 3 is channeling, right?

Also, is spell 2 passive or toggle? Or maybe a passive that activates when attacked? I'm just not sure how it will cost points as a passive.

As for skill 1, how exactly do the points cause ministun if gained by being attacked?

I really like the idea, but I'm not sure I understand how it works.

(Oh, and what Grass said.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Type-4-Doragon Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm

I think I can sum it up. Each time you get attacked or casted upon, you get a point(s). Then, you can USE skill one as an active, based upon points stored, to stun and damage the target. Skill two is a passive based upon how many points you currently own. Using points in either skill one or three will lower skill two's effectiveness. Skill three requires a certain maximum range and costs points per second. You run out of points, the spell ends. It's not channeling, but you need to move with the target to gain the full effect. Think of the new Razor from DotA's model for Static Link, but instead of siphoning damage from the target, you damage it directly with the link.

---BTW, that damage needs to be nerfed. No way if you have a high MS will most heroes survive. 125 * 16 = 2000 (minus armor mitigation)---

And I think I am right in assuming the ultimate needs no points.
Type-4-Doragon
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:56 pm

umm, ive discovered a flaw, max of 16 points, skill three takes 2 per seco... nvm XD u can gain them while the skill is active...

personal suggestion, id make the points have a *much* higher limit, like... *100 or something... and then lower the effects of having a single point... like instead of skill one doing 25 damage per point, have it do.. like 2 kind of idea. cause ull prolly almost always have max points if its 16 max

also, make the points skill the innate, as well as the proposed effect of maby gaining str, and have the first skill as a stand alone skill
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Yeah sure, why not nerf skill three, it is a bit op. Still, I think the slow on the ultimate should be kept. You wont always have a crazy nuker on your team, but maybe change it so the more damage the unit took, the weaker the slow.
Btw Fromundaman, spell two is a passive. Im thinking that skill should be the innate skill. Good idea Grass, but couldn't it just be kept as it is, and just have a longer cooldown and higher mana cost? Or perhaps with the higher point limit, maybe change it to 30, and have spell two as some sort of cripple that allows other skills to deal more damage, while slowing/stunning the target, and rendering it unable to attack. A skill like that would own agi and str heroes that try to take on El'Khorne.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:00 pm

u could maby merge the innate, the second skill, and the points system all into one innate skill...
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Could do could do, write up the ability your trying to explain please. Smile
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 pm

whenever (hero) is attacked, it gains 1 'point', whenever a spell is cast on it, it gains 2 'points' with a max of # points. Each point increases (stat) by #, and when (hero) has #/#/#/#/#/# points, it gains (bonuses)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:11 pm

I see, that would work well... I'd hate to come up against him. So any thoughts on adding El'Khorne?
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:11 pm

he needs to be a bit mroe fleshed out, but i like him Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:49 pm

Same here. Fleshed out a bit more, tweak numbers for balance, but I really like him.

And thanks for clarifying that guys. (Also, the reason I wanted clarification on skill two is because it sounded like it required using up points like an active skill.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Sweet. Razz
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm not really a hero guy, but I just want to say I really like this hero concept you've come up with. I'm guessing he'd be home-brew w40k, but with a hero this good who would notice or care?

He's completely original and the way you managed to synchronize all of his abilities is just plain brilliant. Nice Job!

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks bro, I'd hope to see him in the new AoS. Smile
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:25 pm

moving to the dev forum

things i need to see before it gets an official stamp:
-update the first post with changes discussed here
-needs at least an attempt at stats
-preferably have a story
-(personal) i dont like the name Razz Khorne is the name of the blood god
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 am

Sorry, but now hopefully he wont need any changes. This is my final copy.

*El'Brukael* stats.
Str based.

Str:25 +2.7 per lvl.
Agi:23 +1.8 per lvl.
Int:14 +1.1 per lvl.

Base damage: 57-65.
Base armour: 4.

Story;
Born human in the Warp itself, El'Brukael was raised by terrors and Daemons that would have any being turned insane within a matter of moments, being born among these beings rendered El'Brukael immune to such horror.
Proving himself by breaking Khorne Beserker champions, with his uncanny ability to channel pain and suffering into an offensive fighting style, he earned himself a name, and a place in the Chaos forces.
He is now known as The Devourer, and has unnoficially taken the late Commanders place; the Inheritor.
Bringing his own pain to the battlefield, El'Brukael is a horror to face, and as many now know, incredebly painful to die by his hand.

Skills:*EDIT*

Innate:The Devourer.

El'Brukael earns his keepsake name from this skill, when his points have filled out to the maximum allowed amount, he goes wild, blink striking randomly around the field, attacking enemies for double his attack each strike.
Random blinks from 1-5.
Has a chance to do an orb effect on strike, frost, splash, poison, slow and corruption.
Chance to do orb effect; 11%.
If El'Brukael kills a hero using his innate, he gains maximum 'p' for 10 seconds.

Skill one;
The hero gains 'points' from being attacked/having spells cast on it. One attack = 1p, while a spell = 2p.
Each point deals 13dmg, and a 0.09 sec ministun. Ministuns stack to do a final stun.(NUKE)
1, can store up to 12p.
2, can store up to 16p.
3, can store up to 24p.
4, can store up to 30p.

Spell two, (PASSIVE)
The hero gains more damage and takes less, this spell requires 'points'.
1, 10 dmg , blocks 15. Activates at 6p.
2, 20 dmg , blocks 20. Activates at 12p.
3, 30 dmg , blocks 25. Activates at 18p.
4, 40 dmg , blocks 30. Activates at 24p.
*Note* If the hero does'nt have enough for the higher leveled passive, it goes down to whatever level it has enough points to sustain.

Spell three,(CAST, must stay within 800 range of the target or stops drain.)
(damage dealing, drains 'p'.)The hero makes a link to a target unit, dealing damage and gaining points.
1, Lasts 7 secs, drains 1p per sec, deals 45 dmg per sec.
2, lasts 7 secs, drains 1p per sec, deals 65 dmg per sec.
3, lasts 8 secs, drains 2p per sec, deals 95 dmg per sec.
4, lasts 8 secs, drains 2p per sec, deals 125 dmg per sec.

ULTIMATE: The hero targets a hero, causing it to relive the damage it had dealt to it in the past few seconds, and slows it. 10% slow that lasts for 6 secs.
1, Dmg in past 3 secs.
2, Dmg in past 4 secs.
3, Dmg in past 5 secs.

Jeez, I didn't want to edit anything, just wanted to get the final copy in. Creating heroes is more frustrating than I thought. >_>

Last edited by 13loodRaven on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am

True, but seeing them in game is more rewarding too.

Well... actually... none of my heroes are in yet, so I'm just talking out of my ass...

That being said, great hero. I like it, and it looks fun to play!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:14 pm

lmao the flayed one is gona be next after the fex from Razz

also blood: my advice is put the points system into the innate, because the innate is then made useless without the first skill Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Is Fex this coming patch?! Awesome!

(Oh, and I agree with Grass.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:58 pm

yeah, hes 3/5 skills done. and the last two are really ez, then ill get some pay testing done this weekedn... i hope XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:10 pm

The innate is quite powerful, so it might as well have some sort of drawback.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:05 pm

edit - Nvm, since you didn't mean carnifex.

Btw Hopper, Shouldn't we move the carnifex posts to the right topic?

Last edited by DarkWanderer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Perhaps, I was refering to my innate for El'Brukael >_>
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. The fex posts threw me.

Back to the topic, I really like El'Brukael's innate; I hope you don't change it too much. If you set the points right, it shouldn't be that overpowered.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next