A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

+5
DarkWanderer
Type-4-Doragon
Fromundaman
Grass Hopper
13loodRaven
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:25 pm

moving to the dev forum

things i need to see before it gets an official stamp:
-update the first post with changes discussed here
-needs at least an attempt at stats
-preferably have a story
-(personal) i dont like the name Razz Khorne is the name of the blood god
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp. - Page 2 Empty Re: [Incomplete] The Devourer, Flame of the Warp.

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 am

Sorry, but now hopefully he wont need any changes. This is my final copy.

*El'Brukael* stats.
Str based.

Str:25 +2.7 per lvl.
Agi:23 +1.8 per lvl.
Int:14 +1.1 per lvl.

Base damage: 57-65.
Base armour: 4.

Story;
Born human in the Warp itself, El'Brukael was raised by terrors and Daemons that would have any being turned insane within a matter of moments, being born among these beings rendered El'Brukael immune to such horror.
Proving himself by breaking Khorne Beserker champions, with his uncanny ability to channel pain and suffering into an offensive fighting style, he earned himself a name, and a place in the Chaos forces.
He is now known as The Devourer, and has unnoficially taken the late Commanders place; the Inheritor.
Bringing his own pain to the battlefield, El'Brukael is a horror to face, and as many now know, incredebly painful to die by his hand.

Skills:*EDIT*

Innate:The Devourer.

El'Brukael earns his keepsake name from this skill, when his points have filled out to the maximum allowed amount, he goes wild, blink striking randomly around the field, attacking enemies for double his attack each strike.
Random blinks from 1-5.
Has a chance to do an orb effect on strike, frost, splash, poison, slow and corruption.
Chance to do orb effect; 11%.
If El'Brukael kills a hero using his innate, he gains maximum 'p' for 10 seconds.

Skill one;
The hero gains 'points' from being attacked/having spells cast on it. One attack = 1p, while a spell = 2p.
Each point deals 13dmg, and a 0.09 sec ministun. Ministuns stack to do a final stun.(NUKE)
1, can store up to 12p.
2, can store up to 16p.
3, can store up to 24p.
4, can store up to 30p.

Spell two, (PASSIVE)
The hero gains more damage and takes less, this spell requires 'points'.
1, 10 dmg , blocks 15. Activates at 6p.
2, 20 dmg , blocks 20. Activates at 12p.
3, 30 dmg , blocks 25. Activates at 18p.
4, 40 dmg , blocks 30. Activates at 24p.
*Note* If the hero does'nt have enough for the higher leveled passive, it goes down to whatever level it has enough points to sustain.

Spell three,(CAST, must stay within 800 range of the target or stops drain.)
(damage dealing, drains 'p'.)The hero makes a link to a target unit, dealing damage and gaining points.
1, Lasts 7 secs, drains 1p per sec, deals 45 dmg per sec.
2, lasts 7 secs, drains 1p per sec, deals 65 dmg per sec.
3, lasts 8 secs, drains 2p per sec, deals 95 dmg per sec.
4, lasts 8 secs, drains 2p per sec, deals 125 dmg per sec.

ULTIMATE: The hero targets a hero, causing it to relive the damage it had dealt to it in the past few seconds, and slows it. 10% slow that lasts for 6 secs.
1, Dmg in past 3 secs.
2, Dmg in past 4 secs.
3, Dmg in past 5 secs.

Jeez, I didn't want to edit anything, just wanted to get the final copy in. Creating heroes is more frustrating than I thought. >_>

Last edited by 13loodRaven on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am

True, but seeing them in game is more rewarding too.

Well... actually... none of my heroes are in yet, so I'm just talking out of my ass...

That being said, great hero. I like it, and it looks fun to play!
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:14 pm

lmao the flayed one is gona be next after the fex from Razz

also blood: my advice is put the points system into the innate, because the innate is then made useless without the first skill Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Is Fex this coming patch?! Awesome!

(Oh, and I agree with Grass.)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:58 pm

yeah, hes 3/5 skills done. and the last two are really ez, then ill get some pay testing done this weekedn... i hope XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:10 pm

The innate is quite powerful, so it might as well have some sort of drawback.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:05 pm

edit - Nvm, since you didn't mean carnifex.

Btw Hopper, Shouldn't we move the carnifex posts to the right topic?

Last edited by DarkWanderer on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Perhaps, I was refering to my innate for El'Brukael >_>
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. The fex posts threw me.

Back to the topic, I really like El'Brukael's innate; I hope you don't change it too much. If you set the points right, it shouldn't be that overpowered.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 pm

well, it makes sense for the points to be in the innate, because its useless unless u learn the first skill, which is always bad design
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:30 pm

It should be useless, imagine having a innate like that at the start of the game = Kill everyone.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:52 am

balance wise: no, it wouldnt be imba, unless it triggers when your alone with an enemy.
design wise: its bad to have a skill that does nothing by itself
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, for his innate if you kill a hero, you get maxed out 'p' for a short amount of time?
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 pm

What else does this hero need? I put a semi-points system into the innate, maybe it should be from a kill only, not just with his innate, check out the small edit. Twisted Evil
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:27 pm

would u be so kind as to update the first post in this thread please? ^^
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:11 am

Done, done and done.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:14 am

i really like this idea but maybe instead of it being a set amount of dmg per second make it scale so like do his str in dmg per second also if someone dosnt learn the first skill what hapens when they try and use the third one
also on the third skill i dont think it is as op as people think it would need to be play tested because ud have to save up a bunch of points and its channeling
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:51 pm

The third skill your talking about is the drain right? Its not channeling, its sort of like farseers mind war, and it does not require 'p' to use Smile
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Before this hero even gets charted to be coded, all the skills need lots and lots of explanation behind them. There are so many questions I have about the mechanics of the hero. The idea behind the skills are fine, except for skill 2, but it needs more elaboration.

I'll edit this post with my comments, so keep an eye on it.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 pm

innate: when attacked, he gains a point, when a spell is cast on him, he gains 2.
when he gains full points, his attack orders are changed into blink strikes for a duration
(this is my own little change)

skill one: target nuke that deals damage and stun based on how many points stored

skill two: for each point, he gains X damage, and takes X less damage

three: mindwar like spell, deals damage and slow based on how many points

ult: isnt easily codable XD
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:13 pm

One could put a measure on the health of the hero that passively notes health decreases. When the ult is used, the skill would retrieve the amount of damage done in the last 3/4/5 seconds and do it?

Third skill has too much damage. The point recovery might be a little much as well, since a level 4 can recover his points just like that.

Isn't it odd that we give him flat damage reduction, like Fuegan, except he had less damage reduction? Needs to be toned down.

The damage on the nuke is outrageous, while the stun duration is fine.

When he gains maximum points and blink strikes, does he still have max points after he finishes striking?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 pm

ult: i would have to track the damage of every unit on the map. which is wayy to much and would prolly slow down performance.

now if it worked like maladict from dota, then thats alot more possible
(takes additional damage for damage taken over the duration)
so make it deal the damage after the 3/4/5 seconds, instead of damage taken in the previous 3/4/5 seconds.

three: is it numbers? cause i dont think he should gain points for that skill, only spend them

two: damage reduction needs to be toned down yes, numbers

one: damage can be reduced, numbers

innate: i would assume he keeps points, or he looses x points.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Make it only usable on heroes, for the ult?

Lots of number changes, but who's doing them? xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:42 pm

eh, if he gets implemented, number changes are easy.

and still, gota keep track of 10(possibility of switch) heroes' hp... i guess its possible
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next