A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman.

+3
Glycine
DarkWanderer
13loodRaven
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. Empty [Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman.

Post by 13loodRaven Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:32 pm

A decent agi bonus, high str and yet higher int.

STR: 23 + 2.5 per level.
AGI: 20 + 1.8 per level.
INT: 21 + 2.2 per level.

Base damage; 47-59
Base armour; 3
Base movespeed; 315

Few know about the true motives of the Kroot, even the Tau are seemingly ignorant about the rest of thier race. Kroot Shamans are one example of the Tau Empires blindness.
The first of these secretive Shamans, Dreekash has had a lifetime to study the arts of mystic warfare, and is only bested by the Eldar Farseer Taldeer.
Dreekash commands Kroot Hounds and the mystic KrootHawks to fight his enemies, whom then he leaves to his enraged and bloodlusty allies. If his foes survive this attack, they must face the reason why the Kroot are feared above all else. They face being eaten alive by Dreekash himself.

Innate: BloodLust (passive aura)

When a foe is killed the allied units around Dreekash are whipped into a rage, including the shaman, gaining 1% IAS and 1% MS for each foe killed under this aura, but the aura lasts for 10/11/12/13/14/15 seconds after all foes are dead within that aoe. (stacks)

Spirit of the Beast: (Summon.)

Dreekash summons a beast allied with the Kroot. Summons get stronger per level.

1, Summons a kroot hound, 33-47 damage, 500 health, has a passive movespeed aura.

2, Summons two kroot hounds, 45-56 damage, 750 health, has aura and a slow poison attack.

3, Summons a Krootox, 67-70 damage, 1000 health, has a stacking slow poison attack, 5 extra damage per hit.

4, Summons a Krootox and a Kroothawk, (Kroothawk has no attacks, but supports with buffs and auras.)
Krootox has 1350 health, same attack and poison attack. Kroothawk has 500 health, and has a rot aura that slows enemies within a 500 aoe, and a passive movespeed aura within a 700 aoe.

Feast: (only for Dreekash, hp regen, and damage bonus, damage bonus must be regained after death.)
Dreekash feasts on foes he has killed, regaining health and gaining damage.

1, 10% of max hp regenerated. 5+ damage for each unit killed. max of 20 damage.

2, 11% of max hp regenerated. 8+ damage for each unit killed. max of 35 damage.

3, 12% of max hp regenerated. 10+ damage for each unit killed. Max of 50 damage.

4, 13% of max hp regenerated. 13+ damage for each unit killed. Max of 65 damage.

Shamanic Leap:(Aoe nuke, removes armour.)

All beings know why the Kroot are a pain to fight on the battlefield, they leap into the air and crash into thier foes with enough force to knock them back several meters. However Dreekash takes leaping to a whole new level.

1, 150 damage in an 200 aoe, removes 3 armour from affected foes. 100 knockback.

2, 225 damage in an 200 aoe, removes 4 armour from affected foes. 125 knockback.

3, 275 damage in an 200 aoe, removes 4 armour from affected foes. 150 knockback.

4, 350 damage in an 200 aoe, removes 5 armour from affected foes. 200 knockback.

Untamed Roar: (Global Buff)

Dreekash lets loose a savage war cry that can be heard for miles, granting his allys and himself with valour, vigor, and vicousness, while Dreekash is under the effects of this buff, he gains double bonuses from 'Feast'.

1, Gives 20% ias and 10% ms, lasts for 8 seconds, and an extra 2 seconds on the Shaman.

2, Gives 30% ias and 10% ms, lasts for 9 seconds, and an extra 3 seconds on the Shaman.

3, Gives 40% ias and 10% ms, lasts for 10 seconds, and an extra 4 seconds on the Shaman.

Last edited by 13loodRaven on Sat May 01, 2010 8:47 am; edited 6 times in total
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. Empty Re: [Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman.

Post by DarkWanderer Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:52 pm

This hero looks good but there is one thing I'm wondering about. Does Kroot, tooth and claw remove that much armor every attack and stack or is it just like the corruption orb effect that removes the same amount of armor for a few seconds no matter how many attacks are made? The first could be overpowered without a cap, and the latter would be too boring, imo.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman. Empty Re: [Incomplete] Dreekash - First Kroot Shaman.

Post by 13loodRaven Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:53 pm

The orb isnt a stack, just the same amount of armour per attack, sorry for not clarifying on that.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:59 pm

How about making his claws also poison the target more on each successive attack, or maybe something similar to make the skill less wc3-vanilla?

Last edited by DarkWanderer on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Perhaps, but check his other spells? A stacking poison attack would be a bit op.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:10 pm

You could do a slight stacking poision and make the armor stack with a max of 10 lost. If the poison didn't stack with his other skill's poison, I don't think it would be too overpowered.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Perhaps 7 stacking poison damage per attack? Then 14,21, 28, 35, 42, 49... It should be a-ok.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 pm

That sounds pretty good to me, but lets see what Hopper and Fromundaman have to say. They are a lot better than me when it comes to balancing heroes.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:13 pm

Uhh, 10 armor lost is a bit much. At least in my opinion. -16 armor = imba. D:

This means you can jump on someone, wail on them a few times and they magically have -8 to -9 armor debuffs for x amounts of time, at least with choppas.

If you want even less war 3 vanilla, make it so that each attack of his decreases the attack and movement speed of his target.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Like you said -10 armor is probably too high for the cap.

Good idea, now we just need to balance the skill some more.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:49 pm

also, thematically, the kroot and the vespid are two entirely different races... so we cant have a kroot summoning vespids Razz

how long does each stack of the bloodlust aura stack for? cause it *cannot* be perma

*really* nerf the bonus ms on the ult... cause 35% of 300... is a bonus 100 ms... too much.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:02 am

He is a Shaman dude, he can do all sorts of things with that magic stick of his.
With the innate, it deactivates when there are no more bad guys around.
Still, could keep the IAS and MS, just decrease the time.
Orbs do not stack... even if they are the same type, i dont think.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWanderer Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 am

13loodRaven wrote:Orbs do not stack... even if they are the same type, i dont think.

You're right; I forgot to mention this. The armor loss shouldn't not stack with item orb effects. The corruption orb effect doesn't stack.

DarkWanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:25 am

Question: Why does his 1st skill, at level 4, have less poison damage than at levels 2 and 3?

Also, that ulti is insane... 55% movespeed and 75% attack speed? And to him AND allies?
However, to be honest, he seems to be very unengaging. By which I mean you have 2 passives, a non-combat feast, and a roar-style ulti. Only one active target skill Sad

Still, I do like the hero idea (And maybe you could turn the 1st skill into something that's essentially the same effect but summoning something other than vespid? Or maybe we could justify Vespids by the fact they are all working for the Greater Good?).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:46 pm

its that damage over the time, so level for itll do 50 dps, level one itll do... 6 dps if my math is right (i'd suggest buffing the numbers at earlier levels maby)

and yeah, lower numbers on the ult. 40% ms is enough to give heroes max ms without boots. 55% is redudant almost. 30% is amazing for any skill, 20% is great
10% is just below good.
the +ias% is good.'

and i agree with from, the hero doesnt look that exciting to play. work on that a bit and i think it would be good Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Right, but the total amount of damage dealt is lower at level 4, even if it does deal damage faster.
Over the course of the entire move, you only gain 10 damage from level 3 to 4, and a 5% extra slow.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Ok, remaking Kroot, tooth and claw.
Now: Shamanic Leap.
Dreekash leaps towards a target aoe, dealing damage, and removing armour.
A friend just suggested, perhaps the ultimate should be a summon:
Summon Kroot Hounds:
Summons a pack of Kroot Hounds, that attack the nearest enemy hero.
Each level increases damage, health, and number of Hounds?
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 pm

@from:
what? it does 100 total dot at level 4, and 30 total dot at level 1...

@blood:
that works a bit better
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Nice that should work
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Type-4-Doragon Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:05 am

Oh oh oh!! Instead of Vespids, let him summon a Kroot hound pack. It still fits perfectly in with the effects we are looking for here.

And then keep your original ultimate just with more balanced numbers.
Type-4-Doragon
Type-4-Doragon
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Okay... I need to learn to read.
I don't know why every time I read over that skill, I somehow inserted a 'per second' that isn't actually there for the poison damage thing...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:35 pm

lmao Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Yep, a summon Kroot Hound(s), they should have the poison and slow attack.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:40 pm

and that could replace the vesipid summon Razz cause it makes more sense this way
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Kroot Hounds -> Krootox -> Knarloc? I just want to see a G. Knarloc eat someone. >_>

Could make it the summon Kroothawk(s), they're sacred to Kroot. A Shaman summoning them would make sense.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum