A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_vote_lcap63%Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_vote_lcap38%Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Sigismund: Emperor's Champion I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Sigismund: Emperor's Champion

5 posters

Go down

Sigismund: Emperor's Champion Empty Sigismund: Emperor's Champion

Post by GhostIV Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:41 am

Well, I really like the Black Templars, so I was thinking that a Black Templar Emperor's Champion would be a great addition. Especially since the loading screen has 2 Black Templars.

"On the eve of battle, the Black Templar spend their time in meditation. It is alleged that at this point one of their number will be visited upon by a vision of the Emperor, guiding him to victory, he then presents himself to the company Chaplain for scrutiny. The Emperor's Champion is permitted to bear powerful artefact's from the armoury, namely the Armour of Faith and the Black Sword. In battle he goes out to fight the enemy in the name of the Emperor. His presence serves as a fantastic inspiration to the rest of his battle-brothers, leading the whole battle-group to feats of prowess beyond that of even normal Space Marines and even if the champion dies on the battlefield (which is a bad omen) , his name and deeds are recorded and remembered for the rest of time. "

Skill 1: Armour of Faith(innate, passive): "The Armour of Faith is a Power armour crafted by the most skilled Techpriests, anointed with holy oils by servitors and with catechisms of hate written on it to protect it's wearer from any harm that may prevent him from fulfilling his duty. " 10% chance to become unkillable for 2 seconds

Skill 2: Emperor's Fury(active): "During the fight, the power of the Emperor fills him and the slaughter of the enemy ensues." Increases attack speed by 10/20/30/40% for 5/10/15/20 seconds.

Skill 3: The Black Sword(toggle): "Sigismund grasps his sword in 2 hands, making each swing much stronger." Increases attack by 5/10/15/20%, but decreases armour by 10%

Skill 4: Fear Incarnate(passive): "An imposing figure on the battlefield, the Emperor's Champion puts fear into even the most hardened of veterans." Decreases the armour of the enemy by 2/4/6/8 and has a chance to root an enemy on hit for 1.5/3/4.5/6 seconds.

Skill 5:Champions Challenge[Ultimate]: "The Emperor's Champion sends for a mighty challenge to his enemy, forcing him to respond by attacking him with his futile attempts at resistance." Forces selected enemy to attack him for 2/4/6 seconds. Also increases attack and attack speed of Champion by 15/30/45%

Last edited by GhostIV on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Sigismund: Emperor's Champion Empty Re: Sigismund: Emperor's Champion

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 am

well, some random ideas... the challenge skill he has(had?)
the sword has to have some sort of effect...
i dont know much aobut what skills he has in TT
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Innate Effect: (passive)Armour of Faith: "The Armour of Faith is a Power armour crafted by the most skilled Techpriests, anointed with holy oils by servitors and with catechisms of hate written on it to protect it's wearer from any harm that may prevent him from fulfilling his duty. " 10% chance for enemy to miss.

1st Ability: Champion's Challenge: "The Challenge of the Champion cannot be denied, turning the enemy to face his fury." Pulls enemy towards the champion. Range per level. 300/600/900/1200. Or Roots enemy to ground for certain amount of seconds 2/4/6/8

2nd Ability: (Switch)The Black Sword: "Given to Sigismund during the battle of the Imperial Palace, it is a powerful weapon able to cut through the toughest of enemies." Holds the sword in 2 hands, increasing his attack by 10*level, but decreasing armour by .5*level.

3rd Ability: (Passive)I am Fear Incarnate "An imposing figure on the battlefield, the Emperor's Champion puts fear into even the most hardened of veterans." Lowers the enemies armour by 1*level.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Evasion's been really overdone at this point for innates and passives, at least, so hum...

Make his innate give him a bonus of magic resist, so that he can get into close combat easier against int heroes.

Champion's challenge should be a taunt with a huge range that gives the enemy bonus attack speed, but forces them to attack you. He would be granted cleave during the duration of the challenge so he doesn't screw himself over.

Black Sword is a force weapon, but I like what you have so far. I would perhaps buff it a little, though, because 40 attack doesn't help too much end-game at the cost of 2 armor. An alternate option for the Sword is to make it maim or stun the target for a duration, as there aren't too many stuns out there now.

Fear Incarnate is a very creative skill. Armor reduction is fine, but perhaps it could have a chance to stop an enemy in its tracks if it's in the middle of an attack? It could also lower attack damage and attack speed.

For his ult...

I would love to see a drop pod ult. As in he and other allies around him are sent to a certain spot via drop pod, bombarding the target area and doing damage/stunning while teleporting the Champion and his buddies to that spot, ready to mop up resistance.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm

umm, for the record, the chapter master will be getting a drop pod for an innate... soon as i find a suitble model...

i agree with evasion being overdone, unless u can think of a unique way of doing it...

champions challenge is a single target skill gly, even in TT Razz i think it should force the target to attack him for a certain amount of time, and both of them getting bonus (damage/ias)

40 damage at level 7 is *too much* all the other heroes with passive +dmg skills dont get anywhere near 40 damage (kharn, typhus, (used to be fuegan) and celestene only gets it... i should prolly reduce the damage on taht) 40 damage is basically a free tier 3-4 item in damage. too much. i would also like to see it have some other sort of secondary effect.

i like fear incarnate. but it seems very bland doesnt it?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:16 pm

GhostIV wrote:Innate Effect: (passive)Armour of Faith: "The Armour of Faith is a Power armour crafted by the most skilled Techpriests, anointed with holy oils by servitors and with catechisms of hate written on it to protect it's wearer from any harm that may prevent him from fulfilling his duty. " 10% chance for enemy to miss.

I had an idea that maybe instead of 10% chance for the enemy to miss, maybe increases armour by 1 or so every level put into atribute.

3rd Ability: (Passive)I am Fear Incarnate "An imposing figure on the battlefield, the Emperor's Champion puts fear into even the most hardened of veterans." Lowers the enemies armour by 1*level.
Instead of a passive, how about an ability that disables and roots all enemies with fear perhaps?
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:17 pm

better. but the +1 armor is again kinda bland
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:28 pm

10% chance to make to make unkillable, or activate to become unkillable for 3 seconds?
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 pm

better, but sounds much mroe powerful Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 pm

More like you take damage, but you won't die. That's what I was thinking. like it goes to 1 health for 3 seconds so you can run away or get the little bit of time you need to kill the other guy.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 pm

yes, but still Razz powerful nonetheless. however its still good Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 am

Maybe decrease the duration/percent of it going off, and make it go up to 10% chance to proc for 3-5 sec?

Essentially, it has a chance to save you from a potentially killing blow.

I dunno. Powerful, but I like it.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:04 pm

As do I, its unique I think.

Hmm, perhaps we could make champions challenge into a ulti that pulls and roots and makes the guy take 150/200/250% damage during the time.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm

i think challenge should force the target to attack you... (which is a semi pull/root in its own right Razz)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Ya, or that, and we can keep the more damage thing as well, for an ulti.
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:45 pm

could work.
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Skill 1: Armour of Faith(innate, passive): "The Armour of Faith is a Power armour crafted by the most skilled Techpriests, anointed with holy oils by servitors and with catechisms of hate written on it to protect it's wearer from any harm that may prevent him from fulfilling his duty. " 10% chance to become unkillable for 2 seconds

Skill 2: Emperor's Fury(active): "During the fight, the power of the Emperor fills him and the slaughter of the enemy ensues." Increases attack speed by 10%*level for 5seconds*level.

Skill 3: The Black Sword(toggle): "Sigismund grasps his sword in 2 hands, making each swing much stronger." Increases attack by 5%*level, but decreases armour by 10%

Skill 4: Fear Incarnate(passive): "An imposing figure on the battlefield, the Emperor's Champion puts fear into even the most hardened of veterans." Decreases the armour of the enemy by 2*level and has a chance to root an enemy on hit for 2seconds*level.

Skill 5:Champions Challenge[Ultimate]: "The challenge of the Emperor's Champion cannot by ignored." Forces all enemies in front of the Champion to attack him for 3seconds*level. Also increases attack of Champion by 25%*level and gives champion a cleave attack.

What do you guys think of these powers?
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:01 pm

i still think challenge should be single target
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:19 pm

I think i agree wit Grass, cause that would be too nasty. Maybe make it single target, and it moves them right infront of the champion, he gets a slight increase in attack (25 myabe should be most and it shouldnt count and weapon values)
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Okay, I'll change it.
Skill 5:Champions Challenge[Ultimate]: "The Emperor's Champion sends for a mighty challenge to his enemy, forcing him to respond by attacking him with his futile attempts at resistance." Forces selected enemy to attack him for 3seconds*level. Also increases attack of Champion by 10*level
GhostIV
GhostIV
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 pm

9 seconds might be too much, but its much better as a skill concept Very Happy
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin