A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_lcap63%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_lcap38%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

+4
walt_jabsco
Fromundaman
Grass Hopper
Glycine
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which skill build should O'shova have?

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_lcap20%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_lcap80%Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 10

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! Empty Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Post by Glycine Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Ok, so we have two builds in existence for O'Shovah (Or Commander Farsight).

One is Kharn's:

str- 22 +2.1
agi-16 +1.8
int- 26 +2.5
ms= 275 (maybe slower because of battlesuit) again sorry i forgot to do this earlier
edited out the *'s cause it makes it look like str is primary

-XV8 Battlesuit
Desription- The Primary battlesuit of elite tau fire warriors
it increases the users toughness and ability to fight also has a built
in jet pack
*innate effect- Passively increases o'shovah's health by
50/100/150/200/250 and armor by 1/2/3/4/5 and allows him to use his jump
jets to go 500/550/600/650/700 distance

-Shield generator
Desription- Being that O'Shovah prefers clsoe combat over ranged he
has equipped a shield generator to allow him to take more wounds then usual
*Effect- when activated o'shovah puts a shield around himself that
absorbs 100/200/300/400 damage and lasts until all damage is absorbed
or for 10 seconds

-Plasma Rifle
Description- A powerful weapon equipped to his suit O'Shovah
fires this weapon at a target to soften them up for a melee attack
*Effect- Hits target unit for 120/180/240/300 damage and the sticky
plasma residue slows them by 10/15/20/25%

-Hydraulics
Desription- A battlesuit is designed to enhance a fire warriors
perofrmance on the battlefield o'shovah has equipped his with enhance
hydraulics to increase his abilit to fight in melee combat
*Effect- O'SHovah activates his hydraulics causing him to move
17/23/29/35% faster and attack 15/30/45/60% faster

-Dawn BLade
Desription- A powerful alien artefact found by O'shovah on the world
of Arthas Moloch its surface glitters with power and when swung it has
the capability of utterly destroying armor
*Ultimate Effect- O'SHovah swings his dawn blade at the enemy
it causes 200/300/400 damage and destroying 6/8/10 armor for 15 seconds

The other was imagined up by Techwolf and me.

Commander Farsight

Stats: (Agi-based)
Strength: 19 (+1.8 )
Agility: 23(+2.6)
Intelligence: 18 (+1.6)

Innate: For the Greater Good!
O'Shovah was and still is widely renowned as a battlefield commander, both in strategy and ability. This experience, combined with his doctrines, raises the morale and conviction of his troops in combat. Raises the damage and armor of surrounding allied units A/B/C/D/E (%) and F/G/H/I/J (%) for every 2 points placed into attribute skills.

Skill 1: Jetpack
With his highly advanced and modified XV8 battlesuit, O'Shovah is able to fly farther and faster than other Tau units with his jetpack. Additionally, the jetpack grants him a passive speed boost when not in use. Allows O'Shovah to leap A/B/C/D distance with a cooldown of F/G/H/I seconds. Also increases movement speed by W/X/Y/Z (Either % or units).

Skill 2: Tactician
O'Shovah is a master at ever-changing battle strategy and can adapt his tactics as such to fit the situation. Utilizing both his Plasma Rifle and the Dawn Blade, O'Shovah can change from ranged combat to melee in a flash to rain death from afar and cleave those who stand before him. Enables a switch between melee and ranged attack, with each respectively having their own bonuses.

- Melee: Additional attack damage W/X/Y/Z and A/B/C/D % Bash OR Cleave Or Armor Reduction or Maim or Feedback(Not my decision, all are cool in my book)
- Range: Additional F/G/H/I% attack speed and J/K/L/M range.

Skill 3: Shield Generator
This highly advanced technological device normal places a shield of energy around a unit that would shield it from all harm for a period of time. However, O'Shovah's long isolation has resulted in an upgrade of this device. Instead of forming a complete shield for a limited duration, the shield instead will trigger at moments of increased need and block an attack completely.
Causes W/X/Y/Z% of attacks specifically directed to be nullified completely. AoE damage still applies. When an attack is nullified, 200/175/150/100 mana is consumed as to power the shield.

Skill 4: Killing Blow
O'Shovah's forces are limited in many capabilities, due to their lack of support or resources from the main Tau Empire. However, one advantage he possesses is the wealth of XV8 Crisis Battlesuits he can summon to his aid in combat. These Crisis Bodyguards are highly modified, intelligent allies Farsight can count on to achieve his aims. Summons 1/2/3 Crisis Suits to the side of O'Shovah and last until they die with a cooldown of 360/180/90 seconds.

If you've made it all the way down after reading the builds, congratulations. Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! Icon_biggrin
Now please comment on them. If you like one build, give a reason why. If you dislike an aspect of another build, say why.

I'll summarize the builds for you, even.

Kharn's is based off ganking heroes, with a jump move, a ias and ims booster, a slowing nuke, a shield of sorts, and an armor reducing nuke. *Kharn, if you want to further comment on this synopsis, just post a reply. ><*

Our build is a support-attack type of hero, somewhat like Cato Sicarius. He has an aura that boosts units around him, an ability that allows him to adapt to most situations, two defensive skills in case he's ambushed (A shield and a jump), and a ult that summons bodyguards that can hit as hard (or even harder) than O'Shovah can. His strength lies in flexibility and being a team support character, rather than a dps hero, although he probably could be built and used in a DPS way.

So, in summary, discuss.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! Empty Re: Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 pm

ill move this to suggestions and added a poll
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote! Empty Re: Proposed O'Shovah Builds: Come and vote!

Post by Fromundaman Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 am

This is a tough one to choose considering one of the things that irks me about Kharne's build are the numbers associated with it, but the 2nd build has none.

That being said, the second is more original. However, I don't think ranged should give an effect. Melee should always be a stronger/more viable option when switching to and from range IMO.

Also, the summon ultimate bugs me. Doesn't really seem to fit the character.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 am

I'm not sure if the creators of the builds should comment on your likes and dislikes, because we already have ten million times to each other. So I propose we don't, so that everyone else can bounce around their points.

Instead, I'll tell you under what basis I constructed my hero.

I did a lot of research, trying to figure out his fluff set in stone, his high points, his effectiveness on TT, his fluff effectiveness, and his overall strategy in battle. He is a commander, first and foremost, and his presence is essentially what kept and still keeps the Farsight Enclaves separate from the Tau Empire.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 pm

well i dont know alot about this charecter but a 400 dmg shield seems like too much
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:28 pm

not true... thats like 5 attacks, or 2 spells
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:49 am

I voted for the 2nd one, but I highly dislike the ulti.

However, both builds have their ups and downs, and if I thought it possible, I would ask for the two to be combined, but as 5-6 pages have proved, that won't happen.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

woh woh woh 400 dmg shield is totally op 5 attaks is alot and 2 spells is even more for casters
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:08 pm

@ From: I'm pretty sure builds can be changed, but I wanted to see how people liked the general scheme of things.

And a 400 damage shield that expires after 10 seconds isn't as good as you think it is. People could run away for ten seconds and then wail on you when it's in cooldown, but many won't, so it's helpful in that regard.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:21 pm

played dota? remeber old storm panda? yeah, its his barier...
or lanaya? yeah its that too... its really not as powerful as it seems.

dont forget that creeps remove damage too.. so 3 attacks from creeps would cut a chunk out of it
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:19 pm

400 damage really isn't that bad at all... It's not even 2 spells sometimes... GK's attack spell could take it, any of FS' damage spells, Living Saint would rape it, Warphead's Zapp would destroy it in an instant, Soul Theif an d Karandras would just rip it to shreds, Tau Path can get through it fairly fast, and even if he doesn't it would matter much, Mistress of Death would violate it, etc.

I mean, it's good, but not OPed at all. Not to mention you would still suffer debuffs.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey, people. BUMP. Figure out an O'Shovah build and say why. Give suggestions, too. ^^

I know we're all happy to vote for new heroes, but this hero wants a chance to be voted on eventually....
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Epyon. Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Looking over the abilities, i feel tech's and glyc's is better spell wise and what goes with the hero best. Smile
Epyon.
Epyon.
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:07 am

I think you should combine the two, for I'm about half and half on it. I think the jump pack should be innate, and the dawn blade and rifle sound good, but i also like the tactician skill, For the greater good!, and shield generator. I think that if you combine the two, you get a hero that's a hero killer, as well as a support hero, making him extremely flexible. Smile
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:19 am

I don't like the idea of giving him essentially the same innate as Path though, especially if it's going to have a passive buff on it too.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:58 pm

I don't even know why Path has jetpack. It makes no logical sense for a little pathfinder to jump like that, but that's how he is. ><
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:00 pm

>.> well as true as that is... its a special pathfinder >.>
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Lol. Ok, so I have some new skills for O'shovah. Just skeleton ideas, but give me feedback.

Scarcity: Limits O'shovah to 4 item slots but gives additional bonuses on the items he does get.

Steadfast: Having deserted the Tau Empire and all races, Farsight receives no bonuses from auras. He also is not affected by the auras of enemies.

Target Lock: O'shovah deals more damage per strike every time he attacks the same target.

Ork Hunter: O'shovah deals more damage to creeps per level and also deals bonus damage to summons.

For the ult: Strike the Killing Blow! (Or however you want to name it)

It would function like Spectre's ult from Dota, as Crisis Suits would jump in from the skies near an enemy hero, strike with their weapons for a duration, and leap back out to disappear.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:22 pm

well I'm not sure how that 4 slot skill would work or if its possible and the aura spell would only work against like 2 people Gray Knight and keeper of secrets. It just seems kinda of unfair to those two and seems like a bigger burden than its worth cause you can't get any helpful auras, but I'm probably wrong? =/
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Hmm, I see.

Steadfast, in that case, could then be a skill that prevents debuffs/reduces duration of debuffs on him but still allows damage through.

He could also charge up a shot with his plasma rifle and have a correlation between channeling time and damage dealt, although that's not very mobile, which he needs to be.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Overall, I want him to be a character who isn't an agi attack speed whore. Hence why I made him more defensive and more support, but I'd really, really like to keep jump if possible, because it fits with the tau notion of a mobile army.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:55 am

Hmmm... ideally, I agree that the jump would be great, but if possible, we should try to make it at least a little different from Path's.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

target point and you move to that point over a period of about 1-2 seconds while still being able to attack? (wait nvm... hes melee isnt he? XD) maby give him a ranged attack while hes doing this?

and it would be possible to remove buffs from the hero, but it would be *way* more good than bad. like epicly so
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Chat notes:

O'shovah's either ranged or melee, not both.

Str hero, with a higher agi gain.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 am

Grass Hopper wrote:target point and you move to that point over a period of about 1-2 seconds while still being able to attack? (wait nvm... hes melee isnt he? XD) maby give him a ranged attack while hes doing this?

Then couldn't we give that to Path (Since it does seem like a cool idea), and give the jumps to O'shava?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum