A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery

5 posters

Go down

[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery Empty [Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 pm

[Info coming when I bother typing it out.]

Another Melee int hero. Not sure what to make the stats (like usual.)

Average MS

I have two possibilities for his innate, so here they both are:

Innate 1: Betray
[Description] The Deceiver has made even the C'tan fight amongst themselves, and using guile and honeyed words, tricking a few mortals is child's play.
[Effect] Turns 2/4/6/8/10 enemy creeps near the target turn allied and focus fire against the target. Should the target die, they become enemies again.

Innate: Transcend
[Description] With the tantalizing promise of power and immortality, the Deceiver convinces his victims to give themselves unto him completely, turning into Necron Warriors under his command.
[Effect] 1/2/3/4/5/6 creeps (allied or enemy) inside the targeted AoE give themselves to the Deceiver, and become remade into Necron Warriors.

Skill 1: Decieve
[Description] The Deceiver can visit an enemy unit with visions of their destruction real enough to shake even the bravest Warriors.
[Effect] The targetted unit takes 110/190/270/350 + 0.5 * int in damage, but then recovers 75% of the damage done over the next 5 seconds as they return to reality and realize what they saw was just an illusion.

Skill 2: Dread
[Description] The Deceiver can affect the perceptions of a single unit so that that unit appears particularly terrifying.
[Effect] Affected unit has a 5/10/15/20% chance to miss attacks, and take 5/10/15/20% extra damage when attacked.

Skill 3: Misdirect
[Description] In melee range, The Deceiver may choose to leave close combat before blows are struck, leaving an illusion in it's wake.
[Effect] No manacost to keep active, but costs mana (Less at each level) to make illusions. The Deceiver has a 6/9/12/15% chance of falling back and creating an illusion when attacked in melee range. Fallback range of 150-200. Has a 25/20/15/10 sec cooldown. When activated, the Deceiver will take the illusion's place.

Now I have two options for Grand Illusion:

Ultimate: Grand Illusion
[Description] An army commanded by the Deceiver may adjust it's position after deployment without giving any knowledge of such a change to enemy forces.
[Effect] The Deceiver teleports every allied unit within 200/300/400 range of him within a distance of 1000 of himself, leaving behind illusions of every unit teleported, including other illusions. Illusions take 150% damage and deal 40%. They would either come under the control of the player who originally owned them, or all of them under the Deceiver's control.

Ultimate (Option 2): Grand Illusion
[Description]
[Effect] An Illusion with a passive taunt aura that activates every 1-2 sec appears from the hero. Has a 1 dmg attack and takes 50% of the damage dealt (as opposed to the 300% most illusions take), but otherwise is similar to the hero stat-wise and appearance-wise.
*Lv 1: Runs in a line from the hero to the target location. Will not stop upon reaching location. Duration: 10 s
*Lv 2: Runs to target location, then runs in circles around it. Duration: 15-20 s
*Lv 3: Runs from hero to target location, but is under player control. Duration: 20-30 s
(Yes, THIS skill again. But hey, I suggested a good alternative, didn't I?)

I actually think I like both ultis, though I tend to lean towards the 1st. Both innates could work though, but for different purposes.

Last edited by Fromundaman on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery Empty Re: [Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery

Post by Grass Hopper Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:57 pm

umm, random teleportation(for allies) is bad, i would perhaps make it a aoe target skill with long range? (i too like the first skill, we'll find a hero for your favored skill yet:P)

and i would wanna see necron consumption, just for the fact that i have a necron model Razz

also! innates have 6 levels!!! XD gahhhhh. no one does that Sad

decieve deals too much damage, even if they heal it back... (and if u keep the uber damage, make it heal all of the base damage dealt, but not the bonus int damage)

dread is good, but the wording sucks Razz
and 20% to take extra 20% damage is 4% extra damage from all sources Razz either make it 20% increased damage, or a % chance to take extra (20) damage kinda deal.

misdirect: illusions cant have abilities. you could make this passive with an active component to get the effects that u want.
(and when u say act like lelits, i think perma, which is bad Razz)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery Empty Re: [Incomplete] The Deceiver - C'tan of Trickery

Post by Fromundaman Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Hmmm... how would that work?
I was trying to work with the redeployment theme, plus teleportation for allies has been done before in this map, and I see it as a potentially great or horrible skill, depending on the player.
That being said, I am open to suggestions.

Then Necron Consumption it is. Also oops... I keep thinking 5 upgrades XD

Hmmm... how about 70/140/210/280 for Deceive then? (I am basically stealing this move directly from City of Heroes TBH.)

Hmmm... 20% increased damage is probably better then. Hadn't realized how low that was. And yeah, the wording does suck now that I reread that XD

Sorry, when I think of Lelith's, I think of how much they take/deal. Maybe I should stop comparing all illusions to Lelith's Razz
But yeah, can we give the hero a way to take the illusion's place then? (I believe Morphling can do that in DOTA)
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:22 am

"Necron Consumption" is kind of a lame name though.. Call it "Call the Faithful" or "Raise Legion" or something like that.. "Fall of Necrontyr", "Transcend" (its what the poor fools would believe is happening).
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:50 am

Deus, all your names are better than mine and I don't know which to pick XD
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:11 pm

well, if you want redeployment, then a target spot moving units to that spot is what comes to mind Razz and we do alraedy have 2 ally movement skills, but this one would be on a *much* larger scale, and have the illusion effect
and if you suggest an instant active skil (warstomp-esque) that randomly moves your allies, thats more team disruptive then supportive.(tahts the kinda skill i would want to use on my enemies)

decive was ok with the 400+int, but 280 is worse than a normal nuke XD
make it like... i dunno, 350+.5int, and then heal back the 350 over the next 5/6/7/8 seconds... or something... but 280+.5int isnt strong enough to warrent the healing. (late game, u might get an extra 50-75 damage from your int)

20% increased taken damage works

and for misdirection: my suggestion is to make the skill effects passive, not toggleable, and then the skill can be used to take the place of an illusion (so its like the warboss' innate, itll passivly spawn illusions when hes attacked, and move him back. but can be activated to take the place of a target illusion)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Right, that's what I was suggesting, though I may not have worded that right. Basically was thinking an AoE TP that leaves Illusions where you/allies were.

Haha okay. I kinda didn't want it healing EVERYTHING back though.

Also, now that I think of it, Far Seer's skill does 20% increased damage already by itself. It's AoE though. Would 20% increased damage taken with an extra effect, but on single target, be too good comparatively? (AKA should I decrease the numbers a bit?)

Sounds good. Thought of passive at first, but, having thought the illusions would get the skill, I figured toggle would better represent the TT skill.

I'll change it later today (Got errands to run, that I should be taking care of now actually.).
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:29 pm

The Deceiver teleports every unit within 200/300/400 range of him anywhere within a distance of 1000 of himself.
that makes it sound like an instacast(warstomp) skill that makes allies in a random 1k aoe of him, what im suggesting is more like a massive aoe veil of darkness/kustom tellyporta

well, then say it heals 75% of damage taken back or something, and keep the damage highish (350+intdamage)

and well, farseers doom has a no marked aoe, its kinda shorterish range, and doesnt do anything else but +25% damage taken. u could increase the numbers a bit on dread... but not too much

and i can make it not trigger if the unit has the illusion buff Razz i agree that toggle would make it more representitive, but really, the deceiver isnt suposed to be in combat, and if its toggle, theres no way to do the swap places with the illusions
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:27 pm

im moving this out of the sandbox btw
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Okay. oops, still need to edit the OP.

How would you suggest changing the text? I meant for it to be like Veil of Darkness and Kustom tellyporta, so we're thinking the same thing.

All the rest sounds good. Editting OP now.

EDIT: Should I make misdirect create more illusions as it levels, or just reduce manacost/cooldown?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by walt_jabsco Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:37 pm

why is there 2 deciever heros
walt_jabsco
walt_jabsco
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Because one of them is Cegorach masquerading as the Deceiver.. o_O
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:44 pm

cause from posted this, then 2.5 hours later kharn posted his
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Who's Cegorach?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:36 am

Cegorach is the Laughing God's real name
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 am

Oooohhhh....
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm

also about time this got moved to dev
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 pm

gona wait for anymore comments before staring for complete
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Stats as usual, but he's awesome.

Elaborate on Dread.

As for the making of illusions upon attack, won't it be easy for people to tell which one is real? Unless illusions make their own illusions. xD

And for Grand Illusion, does it replicate heroes as well?

A+ for concepts, though.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:43 pm

dread is a single target skill that causes the target to miss and take extra damage from all sources (the fluff is confuzing Razz)

misdirection: this line should help it confuze the enemies:
When activated, the Deceiver will take the illusion's place.

i'd say yes to heroes, or else its kinda fail in the whole confusion thing Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down