A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

+7
Betrayer_kharn
ChangerOfWays
walt_jabsco
DeusMechanicus
Grass Hopper
Fromundaman
Kiba[dok]
11 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm

hmmm, your right about the thousands of small attacks screwing him over where it shouldnt...
howabout whenver he takes more than X% of max life, he has a %chance of suffering an effect?

and i agree the the other skills are kinda bland
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule** - Page 4 Empty Re: [Incomplete] Captain Davian Thule**

Post by Kiba[dok] Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:21 pm

edited his skills hows that
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:43 pm

moved back to incomplete due to majro concept changes.

ok so, while i think its better, there are still some bland skills in there.

mis your ult and your innate
so, give him +x str, +x magic resist, +x ms, cant wear armor and vehicle damage table.

keep the old reflection on the shield, but keep the shield bash.

sword is... lame Razz
and powerful, cause karandras has a +x% damage + crit in the same skill and... well that was op.

generic aoe nuke is generic

and ult might need to be rethought if you move the vehicle damge to his innate
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Replace the sword with that claw that grabs opponents and smashes them against ... anything within range? Or a heavy flamer?
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 pm

or both? grabs a unit for X seconds, dealing X damage per second from the flamer, then tosses it aside where it takes X dps
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:50 pm

And I was talking about Thule's motto earlier, he adopted "Victory over Death" after defeating the Necrons (the Ult name).
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Could move some of that stuff from his Ult to his Innate and make his Ult "Venerable". Giving him additional stats.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 pm

thats what he had before Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Oh. LoL
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I still like "Venerable" as an Ultimate though.. A Venerable Dreadnought is the most badass unit Space Marines can field. They've usually been fighting for hundreds or thousands of years and know every trick in the book. Not to mention they're walking monuments to humanity and the Emperor.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm

that makes sense
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 am

DeusMechanicus wrote:A Venerable Dreadnought is the most badass unit Space Marines can field. They've usually been fighting for hundreds or thousands of years and know every trick in the book. Not to mention they're walking monuments to humanity and the Emperor.
this is ture but i didnt think Thule had been in a dread long enouff to be in a Venerable thats y i changed it to the special melee blood raven dread
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 am

Something tells me you're mixing up Blood Ravens and Blood Angels. Just a tad.

Furioso Dreads come from the Angels, while the Ravens are more likely to have Venerable or Hellfire Dreadnoughts.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 am

Yeah ravens are more known for hellfire dreads, but hey Thule is no where near Venerable. Just a normal run off the mill space marine with all the doovys and gadgets of a commander. Not to mention the experience that comes with him.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 am

Unless Thule discovered who their primarch is, there's no chance he's getting in a venerable any time soon. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by DeusMechanicus Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

Pretty sure he did find out who their Primarch was, along with alot of other Chapter secrets on Kronus. But then he promptly destroyed the relics / evidence before the Blood Ravens left. Which lends credibility to the belief that the Blood Ravens are a second founding chapter of the Thousand Sons, which they would want to keep secret because of their "Traitor" status.
DeusMechanicus
DeusMechanicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 am

lol sorry bout that there was a missprint on the web page i was useing for Ravens fluff but i still like the idea of using a Furiso since Thule hasnt earned a Ven dread. And u have a point there Dues if he found out they were the Thound sons Thule would try to hide it even if the Ravens prize knowledge over all else. Besides whos to say that the Angles have the only Fursio in the whole sm thats just a little fishy to me. I mean Libs can get alot done if they have the backround and there enouff makeing a fuss.
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 am

Dam i just had a crazy thought wat if the ravens were birthed by chaos and thats wat thule found???
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:28 pm

So Kiba, I do like what he has going on, although just one thing bugs me: He can't equip armor due to the innate (which makes sense, and I think is a good idea), but he has no resistance to normal attack damage, which is weird for a dreadnought, but instead has resistance to magic damage... Seems backwards to me...
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 pm

i think it does do magic because grass can easy give him high armor at start to blance it out
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:36 pm

giving him high magic ressit due to the innate, and high base armor due to jsut cause... how is he supposed to be damaged early game? Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba[dok] Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:19 pm

make it so its not to high for lvl1 just have it grow as he lvls
Kiba[dok]
Kiba[dok]
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:10 am

That would have to make him either get a huge agi boost/level (makes no sense), or make it into a skill... It would make more sense to make him gain armor through his innate, and not get magic resist, since there's really no reason for a dreadnought to be less vulnerable to the energies of the warp, then say, a Farseer or Librarian.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 am

Fluff should be discussed in a seperate sub-forum Very Happy unless you want to merge the fluff into a skillset, well that would be nifty.
When I think of Thule, I think of a bashing, nuking hero doing a load of melee damage. Am I right? Im just fishing here.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:34 pm

The innate, Hammer, and Ult I'll comment on later.

For now, let's do the Magna-Grapple and the Ironclad Grenade Launchers:

Magna-Grapple: Two modes.

First mode: Thule fires the Grapple out 400/500/600/700 range. Any trees in the way of the grapple will be destroyed. Any enemy unit hit by the grapple as it extends is pushed back and suffers damage. Any unit present at the maximum range of the grapple will be grabbed and pulled back to Thule, where they will be held for 0.5/0.75/1.00/1.25 seconds.

Second mode: Thule fires the grapple along with other chains out the same range as the first skill, but will grab onto the nearest non-organic object/unit. At the cost of more mana than the first skill, Thule can be pulled at a generally fast speed. Any enemy units in the way will suffer greater damage in this way than the first skill does.

Ironclad Grenade Launchers:

Thule launches a barrage of grenades onto a certain area. There are two types of grenades he can fire from his arm-mounted launcher: Frag and Electromagnetic.

Frag does damage in an area, while EM grenades cause a purge like effect and minor damage.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next