A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_vote_lcap63%[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_vote_lcap38%[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence Empty [Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence

Post by Glycine on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

The last of the Phoenix Lords that should be added, besides that pansy, yet good Baharroth.

Story: Blah. She destroys everything, though.

Stats:
Strength: 16 + 1.4
Agility: 25 + 3.0
Intelligence: 20 + 1.7

Moves:

Innate: Counter-Attack (aura)
She fears no foe nor what they have to throw at her. For her, all that exists is carnage for the enemies of the Eldar and glory to the Eldar. Nothing shall overcome her initiative nor grace to prevent her from parrying an enemy's strike and striking back blows of death. When Jain Zar is attacked in melee range, she has a 10/20/30/40/50/60% chance to block 50/60/70/80/90/100% damage and parry back the damage blocked to the attacker.

Jainas Mor:
Shrouded in flames of the warp, the Silent Death moves effortlessly through the air, striking many an armored foe without warning and spreading havok and shock through its targets. It always returns to the hand of Jain Zar so that it can continue its remorseless deeds. Has an active and passive component. Active: targets one foe, dealing 140/210/280/350 damage to one foe and slows by 15% for 5/8/11/14 seconds. Casting range of 750, mana cost of 110/125/140/155. Passive: For every 5/4/3/2 attacks Jain Zar makes, she has a 25/50/75/100% chance to throw the Jainas Mor, bouncing across 3 targets for 20/40/60/80 damage each.

Howling Doom:
Rushing into the fight, Jain Zar lets her rage be known to her foes. With a terrifying howl, she shatters her foes' minds with a psychic assault, leaving them paralyzed and vulnerable to a certain death strike. When used, Jain Zar emits a psychosonic wail of doom, stunning all targets around her for 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 + (her intelligence-target's intelligence)/10. Once the stun has elapsed, enemies are still unable to fully make use of their mind and thus are silenced for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds. The stun will always last for at least 1 second at level 4, no matter how much intelligence a hero has. Mana cost of 50/60/70/80, cooldown of 20/17/14/11 seconds.

Zhai Morenn:
Forged long before the fall, this blade epitomizes the aspect of the Howling Banshee: Lithe, light, and lethal. It's only made more effective when she's charging the foe. Adds pure damage equal to 1% of distance moved in past 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds times 4% agi.

Ult: Storm of Silence
Few see her when on the lookout. Fewer still see her and live to tell about it. Those that don't see her never draw another breath. Such is the storm's fury. Jain Zar gradually turns invisible, fading out in 5/10/15 seconds after activation. The invisible status will be for 15/30/45 seconds. She also gains 10/20/30% movement speed while invisible.

When striking an opponent out of invisibility, that enemy is immediately stunned for 2 seconds and Jain Zar will immediately gain maximum attack speed for 1/2/3 seconds. Cooldown of 100/90/70 seconds. After she attacks, she will fade back to invisible much quicker, in 5/4/3 seconds, and stay invisible as long as the end timer lasts. If she strikes someone out of this second invisibility period, she stuns and gains max attack speed for half the duration. If she goes invisible a third time and strikes yet again, the durations are again halved.

Last edited by Glycine on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 10 times in total
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence Empty Re: [Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence

Post by Grass Hopper on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:55 pm

well, innate should be first and ult last Razz
numbers are off but hey w/e...

it looks good, i cant think of a whole lot right now...

and just put a cap on the passive Razz like max of 40/50/60/70 damage bonus

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence Empty Re: [Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence

Post by Glycine on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 pm

How about... Adds pure damage equal to 1% of the distance traveled in the last 1/2/3/4 seconds times 1/2/3/4% of her agility.

Thus, with a move speed of 360 and a charge of 4 seconds, 360*4*0.01 = 14.4
Agility of 120, let's say. 120*0.04 = 4.8.

That's 4.8 * 14.4 = 69.12 extra damage, which sounds about right if you're charging the enemy from a long ways away and the damage boost only really applies once. The next hit will then do 51.84 and decrease if she stands still. If she's chasing someone and hitting them, it's a constant 70 pure damage.

It used to 140 pure damage per hit, but then the progression didn't decrease as fast as I wanted.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:03 pm

<_< Am I doing my math wrong, or is the int thing on howling doom not even really noticable. I mean with the math for her at level 25 with her base int and going up against bloodthirster it doesnt even add a second to the stun.

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:19 pm

I did my math wrong and added an extra 0. Razz

When used, Jain Zar emits a psychosonic wail of doom, stunning all targets around her for 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 + (her intelligence-target's intelligence)/10. Once the stun has elapsed, enemies are still unable to fully make use of their mind and thus are silenced for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.

Thus.

At level 4, 1 + (80-1)/10 = 8.9 seconds of stun. Bit op much. But he's an anomaly because he only has 1 intel. ._.

For a normal str hero, who would have around 40-50 strength, it's 4-5 seconds of stun. For a caster who has 100-110 int, it wouldn't even stun at all but instead silence.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 pm

correction, it would stun only for the base Razz

and numbers on the ult sound good

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:29 pm

also, numbers on the passive... assuming you skilled it at level 1... you would deal max of .75 damage Razz (~300ms = 300/second = 3... 25 agi = .25 3*.25 = .75 damage... epic)
i suggest you rethink the scaling Razz
the rest looks pretty good

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Ok. How's this?

Adds pure damage equal to 1% of the distance traveled in the last 5/6/7/8 seconds times 1/2/3/4% of her agility.

Is 3.75 damage even more epic?

With 300 ms and 25/50/80/120 agility, she would do.. 3.75/18/50.4/115.2 pure damage per strike.

Consider this. After she ults, she'll have 3 seconds of max attack speed at .34 cd. That's 9 attacks, roughly.

Let's give her an arbitrary damage of 170 with bonuses. Armor reduction is 50%. Movement speed is 370. Agility is 120. Bonus movement speed is 25% due to ult.

160 damage * 9 / 2 = 720 damage. Due to the Jainas Mor, she'll release a glaive that does 80 damage every time she strikes. It will have again 50% reduction. So she adds on 40 * 9 = 360 damage.

That's already 1080 damage, but I haven't finished.

With ~463 ms and 120 agi and assuming she moved for her full distance in the last 8 seconds, that's 3704 distance moved at the start of the ult.

So then, the calculations.

(37.04 * 4.Cool*3 + 3*(32.41*4.Cool + 3*(27.78*4.Cool = 711.168 + 466.704 + 400.032 = 1644.576 pure damage additionally.

So in nine seconds, she does 2725 damage.

Assuming it isn't pure damage and is reduced by 50%, she'll still do 1902 damage.

Told you it was too powerful. D:
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 pm

why not just make it do 1% of distance moved in the last 4 seconds times 1/2/3/4% of agility. dont make the distance/time scale, just the agi damage.

or, because agility scales naturaly, so making the skill scale the agi bonus is double as strong... make it 1% of distance moved in past 2/3/4/5 seconds times 3% agi.

basically im trying to get something that doesnt suck early, but isnt rape late... so the 'base' variable should be high enough to not suck, and the 'scaling' variable shouldnt be too high as to rape late
in this case, the base variable should be either the % of distance, or the time that it checks distance. (i advise the time, because % of distance gets really high)
so say something like this:
1% of distance, in the past 1/2/3/4 (so, at base 300 => 3/6/9/12) seconds times 5% agility (so, 25 agi lvl 1 = 1.25, 97agi level 25 => 4.85)
so it goes from 3.75 damage to 58.2 damage (base)

also: always work with base numbers (assuming no item bonuses) to get a good rough base figure, and insure that the values you find are lower than normal, allowing for item bonuses.

so looking at the above calculations, the first level is really crappy, and at level 25, its a really decent number (very above average actually - but balanced by the fact that it will usually only happen for one hit, because u lose movement while chasing)

now assume level 3, and +5 agility (maxing this skill first)
36 agility *.05 = 1.8
300 ms, 2 seconds => 6
6*1.8 = 10.8 damage... stil below average

so now we look at the fact that the low level numbers are low, but the end numbers are acceptable... so buff the lower level numbers

so now assume 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds (buffing the end numbers slightly)
so at level one, its now (1.25 * 9) = 11.25 bonus damage at level 1, and (4.85 * 12.5) = 65.475 damage at level 25.

much better, because again, thats only for one hit usually, and you lose movement speed while chasing.

i match your mathcrafting with my theory/math crafting!! (only to improve your numbers of course Very Happy)
and also kinda just put out my formulas/theories/ways of thinking when it comes to numbers XD

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:02 pm

But the thing is that the formula doesn't take into account if you perform 2/3 attacks in the span of a second. It only checks the distance at each second interval and applies the previous distance for all attacks within that interval.

Also.. "because u lose movement while chasing" How in the world do you lose movement when you move to chase someone? xD

If the formula is "1% of distance moved in past 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds times 3% agi," then...

Base agi at level 7 with skill maxed: 25 + 6*3 = 41 base. Let's tack on 8 agility to represent a mark of Slannesh. 49 total agi. 3% of that is 1.47.

Let's give her 314 ms (assuming a base of 305 ms). Assuming she moved during the last 4.5 second, she moved ~1413 distance about, which 1% of is 14.13.

14.13 * 1.47 at level 7 and level 4 skill = 20.7711, which is a very good number at that stage of the game.

I'll make another post for end-game numbers because that'll be much easier to read.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm

End-game numbers. I'm going to assume everything is still halved, since that was a change that people were ok with.

Going into single-player and fashioning an end-game build I think she would use, here's what I came up with.

Cyclic
Tyrant's Claw
Phoenix Lord Armor
Combat Drugs
Chapter Banner
Implant Attack.

From these 6 items, she gains 26 str, 43 agi, and 2 int as well as 83 damage. Assuming I add 20 to each stat, she has 46 str, 63 agi, and 22 int as bonuses end-game as well as 103 damage additionally. Her movement speed would be 329.

Formula: 1% of distance moved in past 3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds times 3% agi.

3% of Agi would be 0.03(25 + 3*24 + 63)= 4.8.

Assuming full distance moved in last 4.5 seconds, 1480.5 total distance moved * 0.01 = 14.805.

Thus 14.805 *4.8 = 71.064 pure damage per strike, which is an good number.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:19 pm

heh, i win!
also, u lose movment while chasing due to having to stop to attack (which is why stacking damage on chasers is better than ias, because ias is wasted when u have to move inbetween attacks...)

oh, and point of interest for me: do you count backwards and forwards movment? or only actual distance from the last check (cause that will affect how i code it)
so if you do(x is you):
1.2.3.X.5.6. =>then
1.X.3.4.5.6. => then
1.2.3.4.5.X.

does that count as 6 moved, or 2?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 pm

All movement taken within that period counts as movement for the skill. Thus when you chase someone, your % of movement will tend to be high, though not maximum. Depending on your attack cooldown and the cooldown needed to start walking again after an attack, that would affect your damage off the skill.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:45 pm

ok, all movment so not just actual distance...
meaning the check needs to be done evert 0.x seconds, not every 4.5, and thus your distance will be calculated every 0.x seconds, so if you suddenly stop moving, youll lost bonus damage pretty quickly

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 pm

In that case, should we revert back to the higher numbers, since you're only going to do that much for 1 or 2 blows?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:30 pm

nope XD
maby just slightly higher... but im pretty sure itll be fine how it is

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 pm

also, this is done right gly?

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Yeah, it just needs comments from other people before moving it to complete.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:44 pm

More comments, please. To summarize her build in 5 lines..

Innate: Thorns Aura (Could be limited to hero)
Skill 1: Active Nuke, Passive %chance to bounce attack.
Skill 2: Int-modifying stun, Silence
Skill 3: Damage modifier reliant on distance/agility
Ult: Gradual invisibility, increased movement speed, Stun + attack speed upon breaking.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:54 pm

lmao, i was expecting something like:

perfect hero, nuff said XD

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm

other than the innate is rediculously powerful, this could be moved to voting.

how about this:
when a unit is attacked near jainzar, she counterattacks its attacker, dealing X(or X%) damage to it (this is a large number). and it has a cooldown

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm

I could just limit the counterattack to anything that attacks Jain Zar herself.

And if PEOPLE could actually read and see I give her a stun and max attack speed for 3 seconds, they would cry, "OMG ANOTHER LUCIUS," except said persons do not read the forums. >>
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:20 pm

actually, max ias lucius is kinda new still [Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence Icon_razz

what youve done is mixed snikrot and lucius's skils into one ult [Incomplete] Jain Zar - Storm of Silence Icon_razz

and counter attack self only works... but still dont make it a constant % damage return, make it a %chance to deal x(x%) damage back

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:28 pm

How about 16/32/48/64/80/100% chance to block 10/20/30/40/50/60% of the damage done to her by the last attack made and do the amount blocked against the unit that made that attack? All in melee range, of course. Attack cooldown of .34?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 pm

level 1 is too low, 16% to block 10%? Razz

id rather u switched the block% and the %chance

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next