I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_vote_lcap63%[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_vote_lcap38%[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm by DeusMechanicus

» Faction creeps
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Empty [COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45)

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 am

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Terrai12
complete! Very Happy
same lane lines as last picture

update 1:

Spoiler:
[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Terrai11
update!
all the lanes are roughly maped out, and the paths are drawn in to show where creeps will walk

in the begining:
Spoiler:

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Terrai10
new terrain start!
you can see that the humans' bot lane and mid is finished, and the position of the new outposts etc

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Newlanes

How's this look?

Ask if you need more details.

PS: Some may say it's overly complicated, but don't all ideas start out needing to be refashioned in a way?

Just saying. ^^;
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Empty Re: [COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45)

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 am

Actually... I quite like this. It would also lessen the need to fill space with lizards too, something someone from the clan who isn't on the forums (but said he was interested in doing. Need to get him the link next time I'm online.) complained about.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

[COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45) Empty Re: [COMPLETE] New terrain and lanes? (.45)

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:33 am

i also like this idea Very Happy
ill look into this... what i need to change and stuff

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 am

Basically, tiny outposts have 1/3 the health of normal outposts and have 2 cannons that do low splash damage.

Major outposts have 3/4 the health of normal outposts and have 4 cannons that do medium damage.

Mega outposts have 3/2 the health of normal outposts and have 6 cannons, two that have a long range and 4 that are rapid fire anti infantry close range.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:23 am

I also believe there should be a much faster spawn of creeps to account for all the lanes. Additionally, creeps should spawn from the base to prevent an end-game slow death and give the losing team a chance to take its breath and get back the outpost.

As for the idea of neutral creeps, I believe we should have a variety of extremely high level creeps which have abilities that make them immune to instant-kill spells like Avatar's innate and a few low level creeps which can be used early game.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:59 am

would it be a good idea to have 5 tiny outposts in the middle of the lane intersection? so they would have to fight over them right at the starting? (tiny outpsots would provide no spawn, and have minimal defense)
the major outposts would be the *current* lane outposts, and the mega outposts would be the *current* base outposts (-1 of course)

so each team would start with 2 mega and 3 major outposts, and there would be 5 neutral outposts alerady on the map that can be fought over.

and for creep spawn, from mega outpost 1, the entire wave for bottom and halfthe spawn for mid would spawn from it, and mega outpost 2, the entire top spawn and half the middle spawn would spawn there, and they would go to their respective lanes. the top and bot lane connections would have about half the creep spawn, while the mid one gets a full spawn (alternitavly, the spawn that goes to middle could end up being half a regular spawn, so all lane segments haev the same number of creeps)

and neutrals: there are roughly 3 levels of creeps (easy, med, and hard -i might end up putting 'ancient' types) the easy can be killable from like level 1-5 depending on the heroes skills, medium are kilable from 3-10, and hard should be like 8+
the top and bot major outposts that would have a 'switch' that each time a creep enters the area, they are ordered to whatever lane the 'switch' points to, and the switch then points to the other lane (so, the full spawn would split between the two mini lanes

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm

Question: Shall the honor given by the different types of outposts differ?
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 pm

hmm. i dont think so (as of right now there are... 2*3*2 12 outposts on the map, and with this change, both teams have 5 outposts now, with 5 neutral in the middle...)
i might make the middle outposts not give honor... or only give honor if you kill and capture it

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:32 pm

also moving this to dev

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fromundaman on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 pm

I prefer the middle outposts don't give honor option TBH.
Fromundaman
Fromundaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:37 pm

yeah, me too... cause they'll prolly be changing sides fairly often... maby only on the capture, or only on the liberation... so they give half the ammount... ill play with it and see what i think

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostIV on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm

I think its a great idea. Go for it!!!

Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 pm

For terrain, maybe have sections, eg, north-west theres lava tile terrain/outland etc, south east theres forest, and happy critters, but the lanes are desert tileset? Just an idea though maybe have more ridges like where the runes are, to use for strategic advantage, with the new lanes?

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:46 pm

i doint wanna devide the map into different tilesets, because well... the two bases are close enough that they can be withing easy marching distance to actually take them Razz (fluff-wise)

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynasty on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 pm

I think there should be another mega outpost in the middle lanes because there is only 2 outposts there, but anyways that looks cool and i think it would give the game more a a unique aspect.
Dynasty
Dynasty
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:24 pm

well, im ok with how mid is set up right now... there are only two 'official' lanes, (which differes from the usual three-lane method) and the two lanes split up into many differnt mini-lanes... (two of which form the 'mid lane')

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:29 pm

I like your idea, Grass, of having the outposts near the river be neutral first and sparking a mad rush to go claim them. It'll make it a lot more exciting ^^
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 pm

thats what i thought Very Happy i was originally going to do this with the current outpost set up, but ran out of room

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billiam on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Whit outpost what if they can be upgraded? like 2000 for a cannon added or 5000 for 2 creeps to spawn. Maybe make a pot so each player could pitch in.

billiam
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:54 pm

i was also thinking about this... but dismissed it

And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Hmm, maybe have neutral hireables in the jungle? It would make sense, and I think it would be cool to have an Incubi bodyguard that follows you around and attacks stuffs ^^

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:25 pm

this could also work if you guys decide to throw in the tyranid swarm play, cause they could also take bases and make players fight harder.
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 13loodRaven on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 pm

So in theory the Tyranids could win the game, but as a player you wouldnt want AI to win... Or maybe have a mode that sticks a few players onto the Nid's team with special heroes?

13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Mhm, that's a great idea. Like 20 minutes in, the first signs of the tyranid invasion appear (Shadow in the Warp!) And then Genestealers start popping out of nowhere.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangerOfWays on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 am

i think we should prob have players join the nid team if they do that mode, but only like 2-3
ChangerOfWays
ChangerOfWays
Veteran Seargent

http://williamc561993@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next