A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

A new way to do things with heroes I_vote_lcap63%A new way to do things with heroes I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
A new way to do things with heroes I_vote_lcap38%A new way to do things with heroes I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
A new way to do things with heroes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

A new way to do things with heroes

3 posters

Go down

A new way to do things with heroes Empty A new way to do things with heroes

Post by Glycine Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 am

I do have to say it a lot of times, don't I? D:

Now is a golden opportunity to completely balance things a lot, you know? Add a few items? *points at version progress bar*

And instead of making new heroes... Remake the ones we already have.
We have a lot of generic heroes that aren't modeled after any specific character and so it'd be damn cool if we remade them and tooled them up a bit to be a little less standard. We should try to represent not only the main elements of each race, but those that are pretty cool and less well known. I'll come up with a brief list of some characters that could use some spice.

Chaplain
Librarian
Sanctioned Psyker could become a Primaris Psyker (bit more powerful, more options)
Farseer
Autarch --> Prince Yriel? I like Autarch, but I'm not fond of his skillset, given that the extra damage increase from marked and his jump doesn't help as much as it should end-game.

Ork Warboss --> Ghazghkull Thraka, the warboss who started the second and third wars for Armageddon? Razz Gorgutz just runs away compared to Thraka. Plus he's effing 6 meters tall. That begs for something cool.

Also the Zoanthrope gained a new named character, the Doom of Malan'tai and after reading about it in the new codex, it's sick.

Just a thought for your cents.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

A new way to do things with heroes Empty Re: A new way to do things with heroes

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:39 pm

hey, items are easy to do!

and hmm... i agree that we could do with some remaking... but not on all the generic heroes A new way to do things with heroes Icon_razz some of the generic heroes are good as is (i cant think of examples... but eh A new way to do things with heroes Icon_biggrin)

i still need to get the new nid dex so i can take a look... what were the major chagnes?

and as to your list:
chaplain (i still like him as a hero A new way to do things with heroes Icon_razz even tho is is boring)
librarian: yes XD lets pick one of the 5 libbies in the dev forum
psyker: i like the concept as is >.> needs a few tweeks (evasion aura wtf?)
farseer: could change her to eldrad ulthran.. replace innate with divination... but as far as im aware, most far seer characters are the same... or at least the hq seer and eldar are the same in my eldar dex A new way to do things with heroes Icon_razz cept eldar gets better equipment and has divination
autarch: i agree... yriel fits better... the spear makes sense, and i can change the name of a few skills, make his ult the eye... change him around a bit
warboss: the only thing that would really change is the name A new way to do things with heroes Icon_razz

and i gota look into that zoey

edit: piratebay-ing the torrent as i type this
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

The Nids got like 3-4 more special characters to maul people with as well as some medium range heavy support, which helps them quite a bit in that regard. Overall, I think the Tyranids are going to be a tough force to beat, especially with all the fluff they added in about the Hive Fleets.

As for the heroes, Psyker could use a change with that evasion aura. There are a few changes I would suggest overall, though, for him.
Replace the innate with a new one, in my opinion. Make it such that his spells do bonus damage a set amount of time as the innate levels (Such that it scales with intelligence) but at the cost of extra mana. And replace the evasion aura with Brilliance. Other than that, he looks good.

The Chaplain could go a few ways. We could keep him mostly the same with a few modifications, depending on which chapter we wanted to take him from. Or we could completely remake him as an Iron Father, since no one likes them. He would then serve not only as a Chaplain, but a Techpriest, which could be interesting.
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:36 pm

i really enjoy that new nid dex A new way to do things with heroes Icon_razz

i like the refresh spells innate >.>
altho i like the bonus magic damage... kinda makes perilsing on lightning arc less fail... possibly add it as another chance? so it would be one of the 3 following things could happen: refresh cooldowns, deal bonus magic damage, get manaburnt for the spell's cost

and chaplain... eh, i dunno

edit: HA! i told you items were ez >.>
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZebioLizard Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 pm

why would you need to remake the generic ones? Some of them are rather needed cause you'll never see the abilities/usage otherwise.

The specific heros are specific due to special circumstances. Your not going to find ahriman's abilities on some normal pysker, but at the same time you won't find him using slaanesh spells or casting nurgle things. Or using much beyond his grand abilities.
ZebioLizard
ZebioLizard
Veteran Seargent

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:42 pm

because if we use generic heroes then we run into the problem of having 4 or 5 potential generic hero skillsets for the same one hero unit (commisar, librarian)
so limiting it to special/unique characters only helps us out in that way
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down