A Warhammer 40k MOBA by Grasshopper72
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap63%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap38%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3)

3 posters

Go down

What would you rank him?

Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap17%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap17%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap33%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap33%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_lcap0%Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) Empty Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3)

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 pm

i dunno, in my eyes, he is the most balanced hero in the map atm, and every hero should strive to be like him!

pros:
excelent pusher with his summons, 2 aoe damage skills, armor aura (think of the creeps!)
great team support with his team trasnport innate, and his armor aura
decent disabler in the way of Challenge and the slow from his frag grenade

cons:
mana intensive (has 4 active skills, and 1 of them is very spamable)
not a whole lot of dps potential (cant stand up to heroes in 1v1 fights)
considering aos's... micro intensive due to controlling the summons and making good use of them

points(i didnt know weather this was a pro or con):
while he is an excelent pusher due to his nuke and grenade, they arent the easiest skills to land (the grenade has a decent flight animation, and the ult takes 3 seconds)

so, what do u think, post you comments on the hero, weather u agree or disagree, anything that should be buffed/nerfed

proposed changes:
(in response to cell)
reduce honorguards manacost (150 => 90/115/130/145)
change armor type (large => medium) gly makes a good point

edit: just a gentle reminder, the object of this forum is to figure out ways to get all heroes to the "3" status. if ahero is 2 - Great, that means hes more poweful than he should be

Last edited by Grass Hopper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) Empty Re: Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3)

Post by Glycine Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 am

Moved to relevant topic. xD *reinforces his own rule*
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) Empty Re: Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3)

Post by cellrawr Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 am

I gave him a 4 because of his mana intensive skillset and the slight difficulty his skillset brings.

His summons are imo the weakest of the current ones (Grotsnik is only other one I think. I'm not counting commisar/aunva/spider in this because they are not in an official release yet and I still laugh at what void dragon makes of them. Also not counting LOC's or Ahrimans cause those or side effects of stuff their main stuff does, not really what their hero is based around having out.) They are this way because of their numbers. A hero that can take care of them efficiently (such as Mad Doc) can really hurt Captain's early aggressiveness/mana pool. Grotsnik's grots may be weaker individually, but they synergize better with him. They also have numerical advantage so they can overwhelm heroes that can't do heavy aoe.

His summons make it hard to keep the pressure on with grenades and Orbital (if you have to summon away from the fountain). Grenades and Orbital also eat through his mana pool if not used properly/beneficently by themselves. Due to the delay of these attacks also, its kinda hard to master them unless you've practiced with him for a lil while.

The armor aura is the best part about him, and reason I call him Captain Push. He just makes creep waves monsters with it. Drop pod comes in second place for the team transport/out-of-nowhere gank and the hilarity from getting a killing blow by just it landing on someone.

I personally think that even though yea his honor guard is made to be a big deal in the codex, in this game it just seems like its a tacked on thing (since the summons aren't really synergizing with him, he just synergizes with everything very well.) An idea would be to give him something to do with his Tempest Blade (added damage maybe and a chance to kill off a creep/extra damage to heroes hes attacking to go with the Coup de Grace rule in the codex) to make him into an actual strength based melee hero that inspires his men by his actions, than a support hero than can melee. <.< Unless you wanna make people cry and give him his Artificer Armor (it gives the Feel No Pain rule)

All in all, his summons suck and he's much better off on relying on the creep waves as his army. <.< Oh, and maybe just a visual to Dawn of War's version of three explosions in a triangle around the area (It would still do everything exactly like the current, just look more intimidating that just a single one.)

synergize

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:35 pm

well, i can buff the summons >.> but they do (iirc) more damage and have more hp* than any other summon, and provide a bunch of buffs (+20% damage, the focus fire and challenge disable).
maby i should reduce the manacost, cause i agree they take a chunk out of his manapool.

and giving him that one dps skill would wreck his role imo Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) Icon_razz

people seem to forget that you need to make the fluff fit the existing skills, not make the skills to fit the existing fluff.

and his skills dont synergize with eachother Captain Cato Sicarius - Master of the Watch (3) Icon_razz (cept maby orbital + challenge/slow) but they syndergize with his role

*they have 600/700/800/900 hp and 26-32 + 0/10/20/30 damage, while the champion has 750/850/950/1050 hp adn 30-37 + 0/10/20/30 damage.
they deal magic damage, which means they dont care how much armor u stack, and their only fault is their large armor which makes them get owned by spells. ill prolly change that to medium
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 am

.... Grass, don't you dare. Do you realize how tough honor guard are to bring down without spells? They do a constant 70 damage from level 4 on and are annoying as hell to kill. They also tank outposts like no one's business. And you want to buff their armor so they're guardsmen on steroids? Plzno. D:

Mad Doc is the only one with an instant-kill spell on creeps. ONLY ONE, unless I'm missing someone with devour or something like that. He rapes the bejesus out of most heroes though, simply by virtue of his pushing ability. His summons in no way, shape or forum are weak. On the contrary, they tank very well.

people seem to forget that you need to make the fluff fit the existing skills, not make the skills to fit the existing fluff.

People also tend to forget what is the difference.. Could you word it in such a way that it's clearer? It's not like the fluff can be changed. And despite the fact that fluff should fit existing skills, why not just create new skills on the fluff to replace the old ones?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 pm

i mean to say that dont come up with a skill in the idea of fitting the fluff.
create your skill then find a way for the fluff to fit your created skill

like markerlight: it doesnt actually add damage to the pathfinders attacks (mostly cause its a heavy weapon) but the name and fluff have been adapted to fit the skill

now, dont get me wrong, a GREAT many skills work fine and are based on fluff and trying to import a skills effect in TT right into the game, but never should a hero or skill be replaced because it 'doesnt fit the fluff'
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cellrawr Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm

W/E, I STILL HATE CATO

cellrawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Did we really give him a 3? Were we dead or something?
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 pm

this was before either people knew how to use him, or before the summons were so good at owning towers
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:49 pm

lol thats pretty impressive Razz

not tau ish at all tho Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Well, night elves are totally tau. >>

Also, for an actual Killa Kan:

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108737
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:54 pm

well it looks semi close to aun'va if he would be standing, and he has the staff thing Razz

as opposed to a gobling Razz

and, is it worth the 200kb for a wodden, open-topped version of what we ahve now?
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Aun'va: Hey, he has a chair, it floats, perfect. Plus, you could add a staff. >>

Killa Kan: No, but I like alternatives.

Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 pm

but in no way shape or form is he a goblin Razz
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down