I forgot my password

Current Version: v0.0.01A

Alpha version

Changelogs to come

Poll

Changes to the way I release versions? (read the thread)

lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_vote_lcap63%lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 63% [ 5 ]
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_vote_lcap38%lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Latest topics
» With everyone dead
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:09 am by Occuli.Imperator.Aquillon

» Faction creeps
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 am by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Inquisition] Hector Rex
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am by Grass Hopper

» [necrons] Orikan, the Diviner
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm by Grass Hopper

» Talent System
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 am by Grass Hopper

» Capture Points system
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm by Grass Hopper

» [SCII] [Orks] Warboss(es)
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:44 am by Grass Hopper

» Game Guide
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:12 pm by Grass Hopper

» [Inquisition] Mordrak
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm by Grass Hopper

» [inquiition] Kaldor Draigo
lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm by Grass Hopper

Version Progress
Changes for v0.02.0A
||||||||||||||||||||[] [general]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Heroes]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Items]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Bugs]
||||||||||||||||||||[] [Total]

lets fix the items! (.47)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

lets fix the items! (.47) - Page 5 Empty Re: lets fix the items! (.47)

Post by 13loodRaven on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:50 am

It would probably better if you classed the melee weap's as; Blunt, blade, unarmed etc. But that is unecessary. Also primitive ranged weapons? That'd go under exotic i guess.
Also, a decent idea (Which I mentioned ages ago) is the idea for a "Set" item. Take Khornate Chain Axe and Plague armour = Set of Chaos Undivided. But that could be put in a new topic once its thought through more ^^

Apart from that, I'd have to play the new ver to get more of an idea of what needs fixing.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
13loodRaven
13loodRaven
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glycine on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 am

To make set items, we would need about 4x the current amounts of items, all focused on each particular faction. xD
Glycine
Glycine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Set items prolly wont work because (if they take up slots for items that are part of the set) they'll only serve to free up inventory space for more accessories. Andif if they dont count against weapon/armor/etc limits, then they just free up inventory space for mor of any item. Which would only make the late-game item issue worse.
Another few issues would be the difficulty of coding a system in relation to item limits, and also that some items already have the limit of the number of abilities allowed on one item, so combinig them into one set would work cause youd lose abilities.

as to weapon limits, is it really necessary to distinguish ebtween ranged and melee weapons? It has no real bearing on the game (even in TT, considering weapon limits - A model can have two ranged weapons (theoretically - pistols) or two melee weapons, or 1 of each, and, in TT, they will only benefit from one at a time, ever.
Also, btw, in TT, it is possible to get one 1h weapon and 1 2h weapon. Most units that have access to an armory (where an armory for that army exists) had the one 1h and one 2h or two 1h limit.

However, im not opposed to giving a limit of one 2h or two 1h weapons, because that prolly would be the simplest way to limit late-game item potential (as most relics are two handed)

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grass Hopper on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

also, i came up with some ideas for the honorblade (and its progression)

New item:
-(symbols of office used by ethereals, not sure if they are named)
requires: Close combat weapon (600), Annointed oils (450), Master Crafting (250), Recipe (600) (total = 1900)
gives:
+10 damage, +5 agility, Ceremonial (fluff will be in item description -> +2 regen aura, -1.5 armor)

Honor blade:
requires: (symbols of office) (1900), Purity Seal (55), Runes of Witnessing (450), Recipe (1345) (total = 3750)
gives:
+10 damage, +10 agility, +10 intelligence, Ceremonial (+3 regen aura, -1.5 armor), Duelistic (gives +x% ias, x% evasion, (and maby x% crit chance) against target, but takes +x% bonus damage from all other sources)

then, maby a bit of a stretch, but oh well
Sword of Secrets:
requires: Honor Blade (3750), Emperor's Tears (1650), Implant Attack (900), Recipe (1800) (total = 8300)
gives:
+15 damage, +15 agility, +15 intelligence, (some word that somehow means a ceremonial dual >.>) (+4 regen aura. Gains x% lifesteal, +x% ias, x% evasion, and x% chance to crit against target, but will lose 6 armor if the bearer attacks another unit)

evasion and critical are triggered (and thus affect magic damage)
"duel" property can be either passive or active target
so, clarification on sword, the "duel" property would be based on a buff placer with a long enough duration buff. It would gain bonuses if attacking the unit with the buff, and if attacked by the unit with the buff.
if it attacks a unit that doesnt have the buff (before the buff runs out, duration unknown atm), itll lose x from the same stat that was lost in the original ceramonial ability.

And unto the masses, He doth spoke:
"Behold The Stuff! It Is Good!"
And the Stuff was good.

Heroes:
Commander Farsight (colab - implemented) - Ku'gaath Plaguefather(incomplete) - Ilyana Arienal(incomplete) - Harlequin Shadowseer(incomplete) - Modular Tau Battlesuit(sandbox)
Grass Hopper
Grass Hopper
Admin

https://40kaos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Son007 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 am

For the buff: Would making it an active skill make it move powerful or make it less? Making it a passive when you attack an unit you have to until it wears off makes little sense. So I think it should be an active skill. Also, just going to summarize up what bonus you get from this, or what it could be:

Sword of Secret:
+15 damage
+15 agi
+15 int
+4 hp regen aura
Duel Buff: Gives 15% life steal, +25 ias, +15% evasion, 20% crit for 1.75 as long as your attacking the unit with the buff. Duration: Something like 10 or so, maybe 8. Cooldown: 20-30 Mana Cost: Shouldn't be too much as to not allow units with only 100 mana to not use it. 25-50, and for him like 10-15. Reveals the target to you and you to the target for the duration. Allies wont have sight of this.

Duel De-buff: You would lose 25 ias if you don't attack the target, -15% damage, maybe something were you would take more damage form sources. Like 10-15% for like 5-8 seconds.

The numbers are just for show. Don't know if they are going to stay or if they are going to go, just here for now.

Also, assuming that the evasion would not stack with other evasion, this would give heroes unit the buff a 15% evasion chance.

There will be more later, but now it's bed time. Good night peoples.
Son007
Son007
Space Marine
Space Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5